Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Spergatory posted:

Pretty much, except it... works? Season 2 of FNL fell flat because it was a complete betrayal of everything that came before. Riverdale is full-on murdercrazy from the get-go. I just watched a scene where the main girl's mom bribes a creepy coroner for details and a close look at the dead guy's body. Not for any particular reason besides the fact that she loving hated that kid, because he dated her other daughter and it ended badly. She literally walked out of the shadows while the creepy coroner was giving his report and handed him an envelope full of cash so she could gloat at a dead kid's corpse.

This show is amazing.

Madchen Amick is the only straightforward villain of the show so far and she's doing a delicious job at it. That scene leads into the next episode too when she confronts the dead son's mother with it after she publishes the coroner's report in her newspaper and subsequently gets a fist to the face

hope and vaseline fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Feb 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Spergatory posted:

Pretty much, except it... works? Season 2 of FNL fell flat because it was a complete betrayal of everything that came before. Riverdale is full-on murdercrazy from the get-go. I just watched a scene where the main girl's mom bribes a creepy coroner for details and a close look at the dead guy's body. Not for any particular reason besides the fact that she loving hated that kid, because he dated her other daughter and it ended badly. She literally walked out of the shadows while the creepy coroner was giving his report and handed him an envelope full of cash so she could gloat at a dead kid's corpse.

This show is amazing.

She's a journalist and she was bribing him for information, seemed pretty easy to understand to me.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Norwegian Rudo posted:

She's a journalist and she was bribing him for information, seemed pretty easy to understand to me.

Yeah she's a journalist but she's clearly doing it with malicious intent cause she hates Jason and his family.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Escobarbarian posted:

You should watch THE FALL, it's absolutely one of the best-looking movies of all time

Time to trot this scene transition out to corroborate this correct statement:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of interesting how this season of Man Seeking Woman has just mostly focused on Lucy stuff. Makes me wonder if we're actually going to get a Woman Seeking Man episode this year since its already been that.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Holy crap. iTUnes has the first season for the Adam West Batman series for 9.99.

First episode. Batman and robin climb up to a forth story window, sauder off the iron bars protecting the window, then Batman puts a hook on the wall to "dispose of the bars safely" rather than just throw them from the ledge they are on.

And the Riddler has unveiled his nasty scheme: Trick Batman so the Riddler can sue him for millions.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

McSpanky posted:

The age before printed review must've been sheer agony for these folks :ohdear:

That is one thing I love the internet for all the way back to BBSs

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
All the talk about Riverdale really makes me think I should take a break from my Shameless binging to catch up on that tonight.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Riverdale is just so many different shows in one. You've got Jughead's Junior Murder Investigation, you've got the Betty and Veronica Sisterhood Power Hour, you've Archie and the No-No-Badtouch Teacher Affair, and you've got Whatever The Hell The Adults Are Doing and it's all just so gloriously melodramatic and crazy. There is so much TENSION and EMOTION that I honestly feel like at any given moment, any one of these characters could snap and commit another murder onscreen right in front me. I have no idea what's going to happen moment-to-moment and I kind of love it.

I have no idea where the CW as a network intends to go after this, because this is it. This is Peak CW. This is The Most CW that any show has ever been. It is the entire essence of the network distilled into 44 minutes of oversaturated twenty-something 'teenage' crazy every week. Before I watched, I wondered how a show like this could come into being. Now, I realize that the show was an inevitability, that the entire history of the CW has been building towards this moment, and I don't know if I am blessed or cursed to witness it, but I'll be damned if I'm not enjoying the hell out of finding out. :allears:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Do we need a new Billions thread, considering the first episode is apparently out on steaming services? Or am I just an idiot that can't find it?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I just finished the first ep and there were so many plot threads and poo poo thrown in so fast that I had to check once to make sure I wasn't actually already an hour in and on ep 2 without noticing.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

Kind of interesting how this season of Man Seeking Woman has just mostly focused on Lucy stuff. Makes me wonder if we're actually going to get a Woman Seeking Man episode this year since its already been that.

The focus would be on the sister, I'd imagine?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Caught up with the third Riverdale episode tonight, and it was my favorite so far. The Betty/Veronica/Barb A-plot was great, and I really liked Josie putting Archie in his place. This show is surprisingly "woke," plus it's the spiritual successor to Veronica Mars, full of crazy hot people and crazy melodrama. I like it far more than I ever expected to.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Is there a Sneaky Pete thread? I just want to complain about the first episode, dude chokes on some Pappy Van Winkle Family Reserve.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Fully caught up on Riverdale. Loving it so far and it's probably going to be the first show in years I start following on its first season.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Riverdale's ratings are terrible and it's not cheap. It'll get cancelled.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

PriorMarcus posted:

This is CW and the ratings for the most recent episode actually went up from the previous one. Plus it has some good buzz which is what CW cares about most. It's drat sure not more expensive than Supernatural or The 100 which get similar ratings.

Also keep in mind that Riverdale is considered a Netlfix Original show outside of the US which helps.

X-O fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Feb 11, 2017

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Just picked up Netflix, tried to give Bob's Burgers and finished the first season in one day. drat, this is my jam.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

Just picked up Netflix, tried to give Bob's Burgers and finished the first season in one day. drat, this is my jam ham.

Ftfy.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
HEY LOOK I MADE A RIVERDALE THREAD SO Y'ALL CAN SHUT UP ABOUT IT IN HERE

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3809605

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

This Santa Clarita Diet show is pretty good and funny.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

BSam posted:

I liked it but I predict that by the time the next season drops I'll already have forgotten all about it. There just wasn't any omph to it for lack of a better term.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah but I feel that way about most streaming shows cause I watch them all in like 2 days haha

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

PriorMarcus posted:

There is no way it will not get renewed.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

hope and vaseline posted:

Yeah she's a journalist but she's clearly doing it with malicious intent cause she hates Jason and his family.

Sure, but she didn't pay him so she could gloat at the corpse which was what he was claiming.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

BSam posted:

oh poo poo ten episodes that's it? damnit

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I just watched the pilot of Legion and uh... this show probably belongs on Netflix. It's going to get killed due to bad ratings.

You should watch it though.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spergatory posted:

Riverdale is just so many different shows in one. You've got Jughead's Junior Murder Investigation, you've got the Betty and Veronica Sisterhood Power Hour, you've Archie and the No-No-Badtouch Teacher Affair, and you've got Whatever The Hell The Adults Are Doing and it's all just so gloriously melodramatic and crazy. There is so much TENSION and EMOTION that I honestly feel like at any given moment, any one of these characters could snap and commit another murder onscreen right in front me. I have no idea what's going to happen moment-to-moment and I kind of love it.

I have no idea where the CW as a network intends to go after this, because this is it. This is Peak CW. This is The Most CW that any show has ever been. It is the entire essence of the network distilled into 44 minutes of oversaturated twenty-something 'teenage' crazy every week. Before I watched, I wondered how a show like this could come into being. Now, I realize that the show was an inevitability, that the entire history of the CW has been building towards this moment, and I don't know if I am blessed or cursed to witness it, but I'll be damned if I'm not enjoying the hell out of finding out. :allears:

Calm down you giddy fucker. This is classic CW fan load blowing. We've all been there. What your experiencing is a lie built on lies.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

BSam posted:

I hated it and stopped after the second episode. What's with the acting? A man's reaction to finding his wife dead and covered in vomit shouldn't be to hold her and smile awkwardly up at the corner of the ceiling. Or at the end of the first episode, how he just smiles the same way and shrugs at what's going on. It's not just his acting, either.

I did start watching Shameless and oh drat is it good. I didn't realize it was seven seasons long, but now I'm committed as long as it doesn't turn to poo poo in a few seasons like most shows do. I already hate the homophobic kid and the gay kid, but the rest of the cast is top notch.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Rocksicles posted:

Calm down you giddy fucker. This is classic CW fan load blowing. We've all been there. What your experiencing is a lie built on lies.

Please, I know how these things go. This ain't my first rodeo, I'm just enjoying the craziness for what it is. Shows like this weren't meant to last; they either have to back off the crazy and get boring, or they go all-in and the plot twists itself into a pretzel and collapses. Either way, I want to see where it winds up. :munch:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

MiddleOne posted:

I liked it but I predict that by the time the next season drops I'll already have forgotten all about it. There just wasn't any omph to it for lack of a better term.

Yeah, I liked it, but the last episode just kind of ended like a brick wall, there was no resolution whatsoever.

BJPaskoff posted:

I hated it and stopped after the second episode. What's with the acting? A man's reaction to finding his wife dead and covered in vomit shouldn't be to hold her and smile awkwardly up at the corner of the ceiling. Or at the end of the first episode, how he just smiles the same way and shrugs at what's going on. It's not just his acting, either.

I think the answer is "that's just Timothy Oliphant."

raditts fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Feb 11, 2017

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Olyphantastic can't act.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
y'alls is crazy

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

X-O posted:

Legion was good but I can't imagine it will last. It seems to be way too weird to find an audience. Being on FX may be the only thing that saves it.

I felt that way when Powers was in development with F/X. Watching Legion made me mourn the fate of Powers even more.

algebra testes posted:

Do we need a new Billions thread, considering the first episode is apparently out on steaming services? Or am I just an idiot that can't find it?

Can you take point on that because I need some Billions discussion on the regular.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

BJPaskoff posted:

That's just the tone of the show. Some of it is literally just about how they're trying to pretend that the crazy poo poo happening is normal when it's not. He's acting that way deliberately.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Josh Lyman posted:

I just watched the pilot of Legion and uh... this show probably belongs on Netflix. It's going to get killed due to bad ratings.

You should watch it though.

Maybe, but for now it opened with the second biggest demo rating of the night behind just a basketball game.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Aphrodite posted:

Maybe, but for now it opened with the second biggest demo rating of the night behind just a basketball game.

Wait, across all of TV?

If so, :eyepop:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oops, no that's for cable.

Though it did tie Arrow and beat The 100.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I would like to thank you all for turning me on to The Good Place. This is very good television.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I just finished binging through Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. Man, that finale went dark.

• Locked thread