Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

CitizenKain posted:

Nothing wrong with the Warspite really, just that the Bayern does what it did better. But it still hits like a truck and turns on a dime, it just really, really needs to have faster spinning turrets. If they could knock 10-15s off that traverse and make it close to the Bayern, it would be livable.

I'd argue it punches up better than the Bayern because it's got better gun range and best-at-tier accuracy. It and the Arizona feel much more comfy in the new matchmaking than the Bayern does in tier 8 games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Post on their twitter and facebook if that's possible.
This is the best way to get a customer service nowaday.

Decorus
Aug 26, 2015
I really like the Fiji, but my win rate isn't very good in it. You get so many passive players on your team all the time, it gets really frustrating. I do my drat best to sneak my boat into a good firing position, but it does nothing when friendly Bismarcks just decide to park behind you, broadside, and then just sit there.

In the previous UK CLs I've been able to play them like really big DDs, sort of. You could get close enough to the enemy that they're threatened by your torps etc. The Fiji is just a bit too big and slow for that, and I just can't figure out a way to fool the idiot BBs and DDs to do the pushing.

The good battles are really awesome though. I'm just venting a bit.

Flagellum
Dec 23, 2011

spurdo av master race so what
Day 1 rank 10 bracket, fun and engaging gameplay.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

Ranked stats for the Belfast: nearly 100% winrate.

Blys stats: 0% winrate, 1 detonation, 8 games.

Everyone is bringing radar cruisers.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

The weekend has started. I really hope March doesn't have so many back-to-back events. :pray:

Thundercakes
Nov 4, 2011
I'm beginning to understand why people get so salty about Ranked. I'm not sure if I want to keep doing this. :suicide:

e: exact opposite for me, everyone's apparently bringing BB

e2: 100k damage in the above game, but DD decided to load and go afk and the cruisers got wiped ridiculously fast

Thundercakes fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Feb 11, 2017

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

We lost because they held 3/4 points the whole game, and even killing all of their BBs didnt break the point difference. (edit: 6 not 8) of the torps were on a yamato. :v:

Lobsterboy fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Feb 11, 2017

book
Nov 29, 2014
On Hotspot, our Iowa decides to run solo into the enemy at A. Why?

"Got frustrated that our team didn't do anything. So I gave up."

This is after we had 2 caps to 1 and were only down 1 ship. He ended up last with 385 xp. :downs:

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.
Get ready, you're all going to endure my journey to the Flint.

Day one:

13-4 (only lost 2 stars with first place finishes)

Jumped from 15 --> 11. Thank you Hazdoc for telling me to use the Nagato. Everyone else, please use a Belfast, thanks.

Belfast - 40% win rate.

Battleships the rest of the way.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I'm gonna wait until I get one final response then write up a reddit post and post it on their Twitter, Facebook and I'll link it here. Debating between just "look how terrible this customer service is" and posting something like "why are premium ships without skins the same price as skinned ships".

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
when does ranked stop being a dice roll as to whose team isn't full of idiots

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

pokchu posted:

I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

wdarkk posted:

I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

5 95k+ damage games in a row i've lost

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

pokchu posted:

Literally never.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

:allears:

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Well, it appears those DP guns on the grozovoi are actually useful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVsCc0mB014

Not as much fire vomit as an atlanta, but has enough aa to feel like you got over an atlanta all the same apparently.

Thundercakes
Nov 4, 2011
I'm surprised at how few Belfasts I'm seeing. Initially I was using the Scharn and Nagato and not doing so hot in the win rate category, so I switched over to the Belfast and I've got a 71% win rate in it. It's not been uncommon for me to be the only Belfast in my matches.

Thundercakes fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Feb 11, 2017

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

So far the "new" Khabarosk is identical to the old one except you have the option of slotting a 3.1k heal instead of smoke. Might change some stats in the future but that's what it is right now.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

Thundercakes posted:

I'm surprised at how few Belfasts I'm seeing. Initially I was using the Scharn and Nagato and not doing so hot in the win rate category, so I switched over to the Belfast and I've got a 71% win rate in it. It's not been uncommon for me to be the only Belfast in my matches.

Just had a ranked game where our Nagato was HE spamming from 20km. He was the only BB on our team, and their team was light cruisers. Such a waste.

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance

jownzy posted:

Get ready, you're all going to endure my journey to the Flint.

Day one:

13-4 (only lost 2 stars with first place finishes)

Jumped from 15 --> 11. Thank you Hazdoc for telling me to use the Nagato. Everyone else, please use a Belfast, thanks.

Belfast - 40% win rate.

Battleships the rest of the way.

:shrug:

Thundercakes
Nov 4, 2011

Blindeye posted:

Just had a ranked game where our Nagato was HE spamming from 20km. He was the only BB on our team, and their team was light cruisers. Such a waste.

What a waste. I was putting out decent damage with mine and pushing up to support, but part of why I switched is nobody wanted to shoot the enemy DD when they were spotted and the DD on my team kept smoking up and just sitting in it instead of going to spot. They wanted to farm damage like it's a random battle instead of playing the objectives. With the Belfast I've been able to help keep the DD bros alive and feel more in control of the flow of the match.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Warspite: worth it.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Warspite's a fine ship. It's true that the Bayern is superior in almost every way, but being less good than the best BB of the tier doesn't make the Warspite bad.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Just had this guy in a ranked battle - https://eu.warships.today/player/543845367/xTolstoi in a Gneisenau.

Naturally, he went completely the opposite direction to the rest of the team, ignored everything said to him, got murdered and we couldn't pull it back. Winning that one would have got me to rank 12.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Clarence posted:

Just had this guy in a ranked battle - https://eu.warships.today/player/543845367/xTolstoi in a Gneisenau.

Naturally, he went completely the opposite direction to the rest of the team, ignored everything said to him, got murdered and we couldn't pull it back. Winning that one would have got me to rank 12.

how did he even make it into your game

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Nordick posted:

Warspite's a fine ship. It's true that the Bayern is superior in almost every way, but being less good than the best BB of the tier doesn't make the Warspite bad.
Every time I swap from the Warspite to a different BB I always miss that super good heal (Warspite's repair charge is more effective per use, and is the only BB in the game to be able to repair 60% of regular damage instead of 50%).

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Insert name here posted:

Every time I swap from the Warspite to a different BB I always miss that super good heal (Warspite's repair charge is more effective per use, and is the only BB in the game to be able to repair 60% of regular damage instead of 50%).

Colorado actually has the best heal in the game, at 65%.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Vengarr posted:

Colorado actually has the best heal in the game, at 65%.
Yeah I know, but it can still only repair 50% damage from penetrating hits like other BBs, and Warspite does IIRC get a more effective heal compared to other BBs too, just not as good as the Colorado's. It's the combination of the being able to heal more rare damage period and a more effective heal itself that makes it nice.

Also I don't play my Colorado as much as my Warspite so :v:

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
First day and I got to rank 10. If I understand correctly, it's something like "the first league" so you don't get to play with the huge shitters you find before.

EU Ranked: Belfast bonanza. Usually one or two per team, and if a team has none it usually goes terribly wrong very fast for it.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Cippalippus posted:

First day and I got to rank 10. If I understand correctly, it's something like "the first league" so you don't get to play with the huge shitters you find before.

If it's anything like Asia, you're in for a surprise!

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC
Does ranked play use any kind of match making rating or ELO?

Played 4 games so far and while most of the players were godawful, the fact that there are only 7 ships means that you can screwed by random poo poo a lot less and most opposing teams also have players as lovely as you are.

Also Flamu should add that Gnei is top tier BB when its dispersion is in your favor. The ship seems to only lose to itself when the guns can't shoot straight. Sometimes though you just land all 4 shots on that DD 11km away and the next volley double citadels that enemy cruiser and you nuke him from orbit.

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe

Great discount. Dont mind if I do.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

MikeC posted:

Played 4 games so far and while most of the players were godawful, the fact that there are only 7 ships means that you can screwed by random poo poo a lot less and most opposing teams also have players as lovely as you are.

Also Flamu should add that Gnei is top tier BB when its dispersion is in your favor. The ship seems to only lose to itself when the guns can't shoot straight. Sometimes though you just land all 4 shots on that DD 11km away and the next volley double citadels that enemy cruiser and you nuke him from orbit.

No, wargaming's matchmaker is completely random, there is no ELO. Now you might say "How in the gently caress does that make any sort of sense?" The answer is :gifttank:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Just got the Baltimore; only played 1 game in it so far but it was pretty fun I guess???? 8.8s reload is pretty sweet not gonna lie, except for all the times I didn't take advantage of the RoF because I was so used to the 12s reload on the New Orleans.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

MikeC posted:

In Ranked, there is an attempt to balance teams based on your current rank. Other than that, however, there's nothing. There are "leagues" though, meaning that once you cross certain rank thresholds you'll only be able to see certain players from a range of ranks. The most important changes are getting to Rank 10, when you get to the "First League" and stop facing every rando who failed their way into Ranked and just face the spergs who've lucked into a few wins from Rank 12, and Rank 5, which is the "Premier League". You might actually get an interesting battle or two at 5. Right now 5 is probably filled with Unicum or near-Unicum level players with way too much time on their hands.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
Last few games I've been one of the players with the worst win rate in battle, and I'm at 59%.

I'm current struggling to find a ship I'd use instead of the Belfast in ranked.

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance
Sunday must be the worst day for ranked, because it took me 8 battles to get a rank up. We even had a match where I had an OMNI on my team, and we still lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
The Gneisenau feels like it could be such a nice ship if I could only HIT A GODDAMNED THING with these loving primaries. Even with the accuracy upgrade, having only six gun barrels is so goddamn prone to not landing a single hit due to RNG. With the New Mex, which I'm at in the US tree, the volume of fire is enough that at least a few shells usually connect.