Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rhyno posted:

The rumors keep fluxing. Like a Hickman run set of 4 books (like Young Animal) that would be DC Cosmic. The LOSH and Starman are on that list. Outsiders, Shazam, JSA, Legion of Doom (too many team books) are among the recent rumors.

I would love and buy all of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 39 hours!
How is the early 90's 12 issue Black Canary series?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

I miss Superbro :cry:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

What a weird redesign of The Question

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
The preview for Superman #18 (the first issue of Reborn) is pretty wild.

Seems like Tim's going a bit stir-crazy. Slow your roll on that Joker impression, buddy. :sweatdrop:

There's all kinds of crazy theories going around about who escaped from that cell, but my guess is that it's probably Mxyzptlk.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

BrianWilly posted:

The preview for Superman #18 (the first issue of Reborn) is pretty wild.

Seems like Tim's going a bit stir-crazy. Slow your roll on that Joker impression, buddy. :sweatdrop:

There's all kinds of crazy theories going around about who escaped from that cell, but my guess is that it's probably Mxyzptlk.

Man they're really laying the Ozymandias stuff on really thick there. If it turns out to be a red herring it's going to be really stupid with how they keep pushing it.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
I've only read Detective - who else is in the cells besides Tim?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

JoshTheStampede posted:

I've only read Detective - who else is in the cells besides Tim?

Prophecy, the villain from the most recent Superman story-arc; Doomsday; don't know who else.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pubic works project posted:

Prophecy, the villain from the most recent Superman story-arc; Doomsday; don't know who else.

Ray Palmer.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Making the shipping post and Super-Sons is out this week too?! Jeez.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 39 hours!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Wave 1.5 all look good.

The rumors Rhyno posted will break me if they are true!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I would be so happy if we got a Hickman LOSH book.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Teenage Fansub posted:

I think there's a Trinity this week too. So that'll bump me up to four books including Superman and Green Arrow.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Wild Storm has a 1-24 right on the cover. Please support Mr Ellis cause it'll be hilariously sad if it's cancelled before the end of that clicker.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Wild Storm has a 1-24 right on the cover. Please support Mr Ellis cause it'll be hilariously sad if it's cancelled before the end of that clicker.

Haha I'm not buying another Warren Ellis book until it's at least two or three trades deep..

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Still, the weak link on this issue was the art. Is hard enough to fill Soy's shoes and while Colak does a good job for the most part (in particular with the closing page), it looks, I don't know, sketchy? rushed? Certainly not at the same quality of his other works. Particularly noticeable are his faces

I mean, those two don't look even a little like Jason and Artemis.

Looks to me like the inker isn't doing their job and the colorist is doing a lot to make up for it.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

X-O posted:

Haha I'm not buying another Warren Ellis book until it's at least two or three trades deep..
Oh come on are you really going to hold the delays on Karnak against him, I'm sure they were out of his control!
Like the delays on Trees and Injection are in no way his fault.
Or Doktor Sleepless
Or Thunderbolts
Or Stealth Tribes
Or newuniversal
Or Dead Channel
Or Planetary
Or Ministry of Space
Or Desolation Jones
Or Jack Cross
Or Anna Mercury
Or Frank Gravel
Or Captain Swing
Or Name Verb
Or Verb Name
Or hey, that Castlevania movie trilogy he wrote is finally coming out! Maybe. On Netflix. In a year or two.

There's zero chance he'll lose interest after a few months.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Love Is Love is half off right now https://www.comixology.com/Love-of-Reading-Sale/page/14030?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Finally got around to reading Love is Love over the past week. More big names contributing than I thought. Also, I'm more sensitive than I thought. Good book if you need a cry.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Open Marriage Night posted:

Finally got around to reading Love is Love over the past week. More big names contributing than I thought. Also, I'm more sensitive than I thought. Good book if you need a cry.

It really is great. And thankfully they found a pile of additional copies sitting around because suddenly it was back in stock at Diamond.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

It really is great. And thankfully they found a pile of additional copies sitting around because suddenly it was back in stock at Diamond.

Hand one out for free to anyone bitching about the PP stuff.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I gave my shops owner a verbal beat down for not ordering the book when it was first solicited. We got one copy a couple weeks ago. They got a few more copies this week. Had to check them a couple months ago and make sure they didn't sleep on the Kamandi Challenge, which they had no clue about until I mentioned it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We ordered 15 and had to put them behind t the counter with a one per person limit because of Christians, thieves and eBay flippers.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

gently caress people trying to flip charity books. I wanted to slap people over the 9-11 Spider-Man book, and I'm not even sure if that was a charity book.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Open Marriage Night posted:

gently caress people trying to flip charity books. I wanted to slap people over the 9-11 Spider-Man book, and I'm not even sure if that was a charity book.

Is that the one where dr doom is crying like a little bitch?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

X-O posted:

Your gimmick is old. Stop posting here.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

I mean...I keep saying yall shouldn't interact with him, but he's actually right in this one case and it doesn't particularly fit in with the rest of his posting pattern. That 9/11 comic was pretty dumb, assuming it's the same one I'm thinking of.

I haven't read it, but I assume Love is Love is better because it doesn't have anything like a scene where Carnage hears about the shooting and slumps down crying, saying to himself "I may kill people, but bigotry...bigotry disgusts me..."

On the other hand now I'm thinking about a new Carnage mini series where he tries to be a good guy again by going after Nazis etc.

:allears:

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

NutritiousSnack posted:

I have similar thoughts on Riverdale. Why the gently caress does there need to be a Dark and Serious Archie?

Dark and/or serious is a thing Archie comics do, just not so much in the main book but in the spinoff books, Afterlife with Archie was written by the same person as is writing Riverdale.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.

WickedHate posted:

I haven't read it, but I assume Love is Love is better because it doesn't have anything like a scene where Carnage hears about the shooting and slumps down crying, saying to himself "I may kill people, but bigotry...bigotry disgusts me..."

It does have a weird scene where Deathstroke--assassin, mercenary, and mass-murderer--is so offended by gun violence that he throws away all his firearms.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Throws away and burns in a dumpster. Which is still silly, but at least he's not leaving high-powered rifles around for garbagemen to play with.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Squizzle posted:

Looks to me like the inker isn't doing their job and the colorist is doing a lot to make up for it.

Going bu the credits page, there was no inker (or Colak inked himself)

Something that would explain a lot, actually.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Anime_Otaku posted:

Dark and/or serious is a thing Archie comics do, just not so much in the main book but in the spinoff books, Afterlife with Archie was written by the same person as is writing Riverdale.

Wow, really? I loved what I read of AWA but I find almost everything in Riverdale obnoxious.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Something something, the scene where The Joker takes offense at Red Skull's being a Nazi

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

graybook posted:

Something something, the scene where The Joker takes offense at Red Skull's being a Nazi

That was a joke though. You weren't supposed to take it seriously.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/JimLee/status/830561886563229696
neato

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Why are they holding the button backwards? Shouldn't they be investigating where the blood is?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Why are they holding the button backwards? Shouldn't they be investigating where the blood is?

There's a dickbutt drawn on the back.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

The dream of the 90s cover gimmicks is alive at DC Comics.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

head58 posted:

The dream of the 90s ... is alive at DC Comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Remind me again why it's bad show boobs in superhero comics but not to show this.