Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

So gon is a jojo now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
No Jojo's are good boys. Gon's more of a Dio when he's a big boy

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

EGSunBro posted:

No Jojo's are good boys. Gon's more of a Dio when he's a big boy

He's Goku With Consequences. Imma tap into this power that can destroy my body to wreck your poo poo out of this weird obsession, except he goes on to gruesomely murder Pitou and then explode.

I know it's not subtle, I just wanna reinstate that shonen kid bashes a kitty's head in and then explodes.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Gokus first super sajin transformation is the direct result of a mental breakdown over the death of his good friend.

Except the transformation immediately undoes the actual mental breakdown part.

So it's just that, without ignoring the trigger for the event.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I rewatched Gon's fight with Hisoka today and it's super well animated and a super underrated fight.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

EmmyOk posted:

I rewatched Gon's fight with Hisoka today and it's super well animated and a super underrated fight.

I think it's the best fight scene in the whole series.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

jon joe posted:

I think it's the best fight scene in the whole series.

Does Youpi repeatedly getting harangued by everybody for like 6 episodes straight count as a single fight 'cause if so that's my favorite.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Really the best royal guard is Pouf. All three of them are good tho.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

I've never heard anyone say anything other than this fight being absolutely amazing and as such, appropriately rated as excellent.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Blackheart posted:

Really the best royal guard is Pouf. All three of them are good tho.

centaur yupi is the best. Pufu is the absolute worst, but that is pretty good for a villain still.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

jon joe posted:

You are quickly approaching the best scene in the anime.

You'll know it when you see it.

i know it was probably leorio's amazing teleporting fist but i have high hopes for when pariston wins and immediately resigns

e: Oh my god how did I forget about the entire auditorium taking a break from the election to shout at Ging for being a poo poo dad

Shugojin fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Feb 11, 2017

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Killua using him to blow off steam is the best Youpi moment.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
God that Yupi fight is the loving worst. It almost made me quit reading the manga. I know I am somewhat in the minority here with thinking the entire arc is too much shonen standard fare, but that fight felt like the anti-theses of any HxH fight to me.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

die

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It solely exists to show off how powerful Killua's new techniques are. It's also worth remembering Lolita didn't hurt Youpi at all and literally ran away after a few seconds because it had such a brief time limit.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

e X posted:

God that Yupi fight is the loving worst. It almost made me quit reading the manga. I know I am somewhat in the minority here with thinking the entire arc is too much shonen standard fare, but that fight felt like the anti-theses of any HxH fight to me.

i dont' know how you can possibly watch or read chimera ant and come away from it thinking "standard shonen" but ok dude

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

EmmyOk posted:

Wanna see Hisoka vs Chrollo get animated.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

EmmyOk posted:

Killua using him to blow off steam is the best Youpi moment.

Youpi becoming so mad and so crazy he crosses over into a sort of rage nirvana gotta be the best moment for me.
And knuckle subsequently almost dying and having a death monologue in his head

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Wild Horses posted:

Youpi becoming so mad and so crazy he crosses over into a sort of rage nirvana gotta be the best moment for me.
And knuckle subsequently almost dying and having a death monologue in his head

I like how at one point Youpi is like " I respect these guys and enjoy fighting them" then like three different interferences later he goes "no gently caress these guys I'm gonna kill them all.".

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Schubalts posted:

Wanna see Hisoka vs Chrollo get animated.

The Dark Continent thing is pretty interesting, but if HxH happens again in future, I want to see Hisoka loving up the rest of the Troupe more.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Zombie Hisoka will be amazing if/when it's animated.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The Dark Continent thing is pretty interesting, but if HxH happens again in future, I want to see Hisoka loving up the rest of the Troupe more.

Yeah it was ridiculous

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

There might be enough for like a 13 episode thing right now (admittedly most of that is talking because this arc is super heavy on words) but they'll probably wait another five years to do more

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
So before I try to read through 108 pages of thread, I just want to clarify something: we're currently back to the Great Hiatus Arc in the manga, yes?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Sandman posted:

So before I try to read through 108 pages of thread, I just want to clarify something: we're currently back to the Great Hiatus Arc in the manga, yes?

Yeah, and they even got on a boat to start it all off.

:negative:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
unlike berserk, the boat ride itself is incredibly fascinating and i eagerly await new chapters

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

unlike berserk, the boat ride itself is incredibly fascinating and i eagerly await new chapters

Togashi, probably: "MY boat arc is going to make them beg for more boat."

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
unlike the dark continent, togashi might conceivably finish the boat arc before he dies

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

TriffTshngo posted:

Togashi, probably: "Ohh, me back"

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Ok the end of chimera ant was good

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

TriffTshngo posted:

i dont' know how you can possibly watch or read chimera ant and come away from it thinking "standard shonen" but ok dude

The only place where I can kind of understand that is Killua's bit. Killua's powers in general are pretty shounen, and currently are a bit overpowered provided he has charged up (I honestly don't see how most people could even begin to counter him, since he moves faster than even someone of Youpi's tier can follow, and Youpi was only okay due to his ridiculous super-human resilience).That might be part of the reason he's excluded from this current arc.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

The only place where I can kind of understand that is Killua's bit. Killua's powers in general are pretty shounen, and currently are a bit overpowered provided he has charged up (I honestly don't see how most people could even begin to counter him, since he moves faster than even someone of Youpi's tier can follow, and Youpi was only okay due to his ridiculous super-human resilience).That might be part of the reason he's excluded from this current arc.

Lemme tell you about my friend Cheetu...

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Also because Togashi solved Gon's near-death state by introducing a character whose power appears to have literally no limit whatsoever and he absolutely had to write that out.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Shugojin posted:

Also because Togashi solved Gon's near-death state by introducing a character whose power appears to have literally no limit whatsoever and he absolutely had to write that out.

She's directly related to the dark continent though, isn't she?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Shugojin posted:

Considering it's Togashi it's pretty unlikely imo that he didn't have Alluka and her abilities planned from the beginning. S/he appears in a photo of the Zoldycks mansion as far back as the second arc iirc.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I've grown weary of hisoka

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I'm sorry Hisoka, if you want me to love you, you need to figure out what happened to your flamenco style theme song

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

EmmyOk posted:

Considering it's Togashi it's pretty unlikely imo that he didn't have Alluka and her abilities planned from the beginning. S/he appears in a photo of the Zoldycks mansion as far back as the second arc iirc.

Alluka also fits the Zoldyck children naming scheme where without her it wouldn't've fit.

Illumi Milluki Killua Alluka Kalluto

(Also Alluka is pretty clearly just a trans girl and I'm amazed at how hard it is for people to wrap their head around that)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
at this point in the mangas run I'd almost rather togashi took a decade off and just did as much as he humanly can and dump a fuckton of volumes at us or the finished product. From 2008 to now theres only been 8 released volumes (9 if the new batch of chapters got volumed) and god damnit I'd rather just do the long wait and hope i dont die instead of painful stop and go he's been doing