Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Venom Snake posted:

https://twitter.com/JackSmithIV/status/830472969273147393

So cold it's hot take: Trump getting elected created an overflow error in America's insanity that caused us to loop back around to being sane

for some reason hearing this guy say "settle down children" to a room full of old people gives me a visceral, disgusted reaction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

:catstare:

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
Trumps third divorce will be his best yet!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Those loving old people are pissed

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

euphronius posted:

Those loving old people are pissed

yeah, never gently caress around with AARP (seriouspost)

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
That FL rep posts some pretty gross and also idiotic poo poo on his FB
https://twitter.com/blkahn/status/830492889817968640

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Business Gorillas posted:

yeah, never gently caress around with AARP (seriouspost)

I doubt the AARP is who organized a bunch of people with pro-BLM shirts to scream at Republicans

I think they might just be woke olds

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

slouch posted:

for some reason hearing this guy say "settle down children" to a room full of old people gives me a visceral, disgusted reaction.

Condescending Guy Treating Mad People Like Children is a staple of political events and any major gathering, guaranteed to escalate the situation.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Epic High Five posted:

I doubt the AARP is who organized a bunch of people with pro-BLM shirts to stream at Republicans

a lot of olds did support BLM though

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There is like no way aca is repealed at this rate lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Maybe but it just doesn't seem like this is something the AARP would agitate for

I think the town hall brigading may be the result of leftist organizations

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

I doubt the AARP is who organized a bunch of people with pro-BLM shirts to scream at Republicans

i remember reading something that AARP started working against the obamacare repeal a couple weeks ago im p sure

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Epic High Five posted:

Maybe but it just doesn't seem like this is something the AARP would agitate for

I think the town hall brigading may be the result of leftist organizations
leftist organizations, like the mormons

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This summer is going to be nuts

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Stefan Prodan posted:

That FL rep posts some pretty gross and also idiotic poo poo on his FB
https://twitter.com/blkahn/status/830492889817968640

Ruh roh. Some insane formerly anonymous politician just got his rear end famous.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

old white people.... good???

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

euphronius posted:

With any luck

We get to scream and call them liars if they don't repeal it and we get to scream that they're going to kill millions if they do :unsmigghh:

Nothing to lose except absolutely everything because we have no actual power beyond demonstrations

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

What's the word on the Muslim Ban stuff since Trump declined to push it to the Supreme Court? He threatened some kind of retaliation but four times out of five Trump gets distracted before he carries it out. It sounds like attention is shifting to cracking down on illegal immigrants instead, with the ICE raids, though even Trump's clownshow can probably manage to do two awful things at once.

Some of my friends affected by the ban are talking about what they should do and even if they can travel now, they're too worried to make plans that'll take weeks or months if we could wake up tomorrow to "Muslim Ban 2: This Time We Consulted A Lawyer". Even some of the people already in the States have been talking about coming back now, before things get worse.

How's it work with the Supreme Court, anyway? Can Trump appoint Gorsuch then suddenly decide he does want to appeal the appeal court decision, or did he have to definitively waive that right and would need to start the process over?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that old white guy in the black power shirt rules

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

It was great hearing my pro bernie dad tell my republican uncle that "black lives do matter" last easter

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

AsInHowe posted:

The other thing is that all of the bullshit reaction lines that worked with Tea Partiers aren't working any more, and they don't know what to do.
stop calling them loving tea partiers and exclusively use teabaggers. i'm completely serious. stop loving elevating those astroturf kkk rallies to something legitimate.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

dont gently caress w/the olds

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

BAE OF PIGS posted:

It was great hearing my pro bernie dad tell my republican uncle that "black lives do matter" last easter

Even better is responding to right wing memes of Blue Lives Matter with #AllLivesMatter

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

euphronius posted:

what, are they gonna start trying to represent the people or something? lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Venom Snake posted:

So cold it's hot take: Trump getting elected created an overflow error in America's insanity that caused us to loop back around to being sane

People are really mad and upset

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Regular Nintendo posted:

Donny is react native

hahaha

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

bannon is redux

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

euphronius posted:

People are really mad and upset

It's almost like they lost the popular vote in all branches with elections, won them all anyway, and immediately started in with policies so controversial that they'd be hard to pass even if they had a real mandate

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dolash posted:

What's the word on the Muslim Ban stuff since Trump declined to push it to the Supreme Court? He threatened some kind of retaliation but four times out of five Trump gets distracted before he carries it out. It sounds like attention is shifting to cracking down on illegal immigrants instead, with the ICE raids, though even Trump's clownshow can probably manage to do two awful things at once.

Some of my friends affected by the ban are talking about what they should do and even if they can travel now, they're too worried to make plans that'll take weeks or months if we could wake up tomorrow to "Muslim Ban 2: This Time We Consulted A Lawyer". Even some of the people already in the States have been talking about coming back now, before things get worse.

How's it work with the Supreme Court, anyway? Can Trump appoint Gorsuch then suddenly decide he does want to appeal the appeal court decision, or did he have to definitively waive that right and would need to start the process over?

The indication is that they're going to probably try and pass a new EO that does the same thing with new wording and try and get that through.

But next week, because Trump needs the weekend off because he's made so many phone calls.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

triple sulk posted:

old white people.... good???

People who were alive for the Nazis didn't vote for Trump, it was mostly the mid-life crisis demographic

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Jeb! is LPMUD

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

in new orleans the local restaurants were able to successfully lobby the city council into severely restricting food truck licenses and even (unsuccessfully) pushed to force food trucks to offer bathrooms in an effort to keep their market untouched

restaurants and fine dining in particular are huge in new orleans btw

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Augus posted:

People who were alive for the Nazis didn't vote for Trump, it was mostly the mid-life crisis demographic

my grandparents who are in their mid 80s voted for trump afaik, but they're boring people with virtually no personality who live in florida

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Whoa trump didn't appeal the 9th circuit ??!!??

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

yessssssssssssssss YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :unsmigghh::unsmigghh::unsmigghh::unsmigghh::unsmigghh:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Augus posted:

Also remember, a lot of old white people were around for the civil rights movement and are eager to relive the good old days

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

euphronius posted:

WONT SEE YOU IN COURT!!!!

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

Nope, my money is that hes gonna write an EO thats the exact same but worded slightly differently and throw another tantrum when it gets shut down again.

He probably thinks he can just rope-a-dope the federal government lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Augus posted:

this group has a name, they are the babied boomers and they are our enemy

• Locked thread