Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Can I eat a flavored lip balm? Like, would it be bad for me to just take a big chomp out of a lip balm stick? It's so tempting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Based on extensive research it won't kill you or anything

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

FishBulb posted:

Based on extensive research it won't kill you or anything

Yeah, I mean, it hasn't killed my dogs yet.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Video of what appears to be Christine Chubbock's suicide has finally surfaced.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Joe Gillian posted:

Any Scud fans here? I've been learning things about Blender in the time I haven't been posting, which stemmed from me making dumb GTA 5 mods. Anyway, I'm making Scud right now, but I'm going to port him to GTA 5 eventually so I'm going to cheat on the hands. When I do release the model for general use though, I will give him his very own custom hand model. Anyway, some WIPs:

Have my friend's complete Scud collection that I still need to get through. So many modern comics that keep me at bay.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

So, those who have seen 50 Shades 2...have the two leads mustered the slightest bit of chemistry or tension? The sexiest thing about the first is how uncomfortable it is to watch them on screen at the same time.

The rumour surrounding the first one was that they didn't really like each other much. Just a rumour though, who knows.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

James Woods Fan posted:

It's here, though the fabulous spray of blood in the movie from last year makes me wish it was in color.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

James Woods Fan posted:

The use of finally here feels odd

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Also it's kind of hosed up to just casually link to footage of a woman killing herself and even more hosed up to make a joke about how it was disappointing

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

glam rock hamhock posted:

The use of finally here feels odd

http://www.vulture.com/2016/01/death-hags-christine-chubbuck-suicide-video.html

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Timby posted:

Yo, Egbert, you were talking about not having a VTR to capture all your MiniDV stuff -- I have a Panasonic DVX-100A sitting in my basement with less than a hundred hours of use, and it's just sitting there because like hell if I have a FireWire-capable computer anymore. I'd be willing to sell it to you so you can basically use it as a de facto deck if you want it.

What do you want for it? I don't have a firewire port on my computer, so would a firewire-to-USB adapter work or do you have to use a converter?

Egbert Souse fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Feb 11, 2017

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Magic Hate Ball posted:

It's here, though the fabulous spray of blood in the movie from last year makes me wish it was in color.

Killing of America deleted scene. Man, that's brutal.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Egbert Souse posted:

What do you want for it? I don't have a firewire port on my computer, so would a firewire-to-USB adapter work or do you have to use a converter?

I don't think USB had had the throughput to meet FireWire standards until 3.0, so you'll probably need a converter.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-38942763
This is really sad, but guys, that whale has a tattoo of a whale on its stomach.

Edit: Ok, now when I click the link the photo header doesn't show up in the article like it did from facebook. So, I guess just have an article about something sad.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I enjoyed The United States of Betty (née Dark Archie, )

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Timby posted:

I don't think USB had had the throughput to meet FireWire standards until 3.0, so you'll probably need a converter.

FireWire can't be emulated for various reasons. I bought a cheapo firewire PCI card off Amazon for capture.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Weird people at Reddit (redundant, I know) have said that this appears to be fake, which is good, because I clicked on that link before I knew that I watched about 5 seconds before I realized I desperately don't want to actually watch a woman shoot herself.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

DC Murderverse posted:

Weird people at Reddit (redundant, I know) have said that this appears to be fake, which is good, because I clicked on that link before I knew that I watched about 5 seconds before I realized I desperately don't want to actually watch a woman shoot herself.

Yeah I think once I watched the Budd Dwyer video my curiosity on that front was no more.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
John Wick 2 was just as overall awesome as the first, but I feel the overarching plot was less interesting because it was less personal. Like, sure, the primary bad guy burned down his house and all, with the last memorabilia of his wife, but overall it just felt like a generic "man is hired to do X, then betrayed for doing X" thing.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
Babysitting a 1 and a half year old for my friend and I just changed my first poopy diaper. I puked in my mouth like 3 times but I did it guys.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Yeah I think once I watched the Budd Dwyer video my curiosity on that front was no more.

The Budd Dwyer one has more gushing.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

MisterBibs posted:

John Wick 2 was just as overall awesome as the first, but I feel the overarching plot was less interesting because it was less personal. Like, sure, the primary bad guy burned down his house and all, with the last memorabilia of his wife, but overall it just felt like a generic "man is hired to do X, then betrayed for doing X" thing.

Just how many times can John Wick's wife die?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The farther I get away from John Wick 2 the less I like it but it's still like a B+

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Tenzarin posted:

I mean you can get remarried so I don't see why there would be a limit.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Feel legit bad. Told I was privileged and should just stop talking to them by a coworker today because I can view films as art, even if the art itself was created or stars assholes, racists, or rapists. Then again, I probably pissed them off by saying, "There's no ethical consumption in Capitalism," like five times and then went on to try to talk about the act of reading and criticizing films on their own merits.y

The fact that it stuck in my craw for the last hour or so, though, is probably because I am a fragile white man. That I will not deny. It's just never something I thought about, how people might feel that I "support" (by consuming) particular people's worldviews because I've seen their art.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

Babysitting a 1 and a half year old for my friend and I just changed my first poopy diaper. I puked in my mouth like 3 times but I did it guys.

I've only had a kid for a week and I'm... well, not used to it, but I ain't throwing up in my mouth either.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Mecha Gojira posted:

Feel legit bad. Told I was privileged and should just stop talking to them by a coworker today because I can view films as art, even if the art itself was created or stars assholes, racists, or rapists. Then again, I probably pissed them off by saying, "There's no ethical consumption in Capitalism," like five times and then went on to try to talk about the act of reading and criticizing films on their own merits.y

The fact that it stuck in my craw for the last hour or so, though, is probably because I am a fragile white man. That I will not deny. It's just never something I thought about, how people might feel that I "support" (by consuming) particular people's worldviews because I've seen their art.

Goons should avoid all social interaction.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Goons should avoid all social interaction.

Huh, I always thought my problem was not enough social interaction.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Tenzarin posted:

I get your point - there's got to be a reason why Wick is going to put a bullet in everyone who opposes him - but that's the minor issue. The first movie had one that I was onboard with because the reason was human and personal. The second movie's is more of an excuse one.

Mecha Gojira posted:

Feel legit bad....I can view films as art... saying, "There's no ethical consumption in Capitalism"... talk about the act of reading and criticizing films on their own merits.

Well, there's your problem. Given those inputs, how do you expect any output other than what you got?

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Baron von Eevl posted:

I've only had a kid for a week and I'm... well, not used to it, but I ain't throwing up in my mouth either.

in my defense I have a crappy stomach and am semi-nauseous pretty much all the time

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Mecha Gojira posted:

We now live in a world whereby a guy who thinks memes are real became POTUS. I think everyone has their daily psychotic breaks, no matter how seemingly small or irrelevant the issue.

Budgie Jumping posted:

I've been working at my restaurant since 10:30 am, drinking steadily the whole time, and have just been informed the place is going to be flooded with skinheads in about 45 minutes. I'm told they'll mostly be SHARPs, but man this is some lousy news.

ridin on a horse drinkin whiskey out a doc marten

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImhN6-9KLTY

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Feb 12, 2017

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
I've been working at my restaurant since 10:30 am, drinking steadily the whole time, and have just been informed the place is going to be flooded with skinheads in about 45 minutes. I'm told they'll mostly be SHARPs, but man this is some lousy news.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Joe Gillian posted:

We now live in a world whereby a guy who thinks memes are real became POTUS. I think everyone has their daily psychotic breaks, no matter how seemingly small or irrelevant the issue.

this

I wouldn't take it too seriously or resent them. It's loving rough for a lot of people right now.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Budgie Jumping posted:

SHARPs ain't nazis, right? and they don't tolerate them either?

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

this

I wouldn't take it too seriously or resent them. It's loving rough for a lot of people right now.

Oh, definitely. Especially since we work for a fundraising organization working on behalf of Planned Parenthood.

I admittedly hear actually crazy poo poo on a daily basis.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Oh, so The Lords of Salem was already Rob Zombie's Halloween III: Season of the Witch, which makes 31 sequentially, his version of Halloween IV, which is itself a 'soft reboot' of House of 1000 Corpses/The Devil's Rejects, thus functioning also as a hypothetical Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Yeah they're probably the most anti-nazi people around as a result of being associated with them for so long. It's going to be an interesting night either way.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Was having a discussion on this earlier with someone, and CineD feels like the most obvious place to ask this.

Is there a severity to disruption, by someone with special needs, that bringing down the proverbial hammer (via talking to a caregiver or a manager) is warranted? Or is tolerance always/inherently better because we're talking about people who literally have mental issues which prevent them from being entirely quiet during a movie?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I think that's the point of SHARPs, the only thing they hate more than hair is racists.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'm surprised there isn't a John Wick thread but it was really good and did well expanding on the original and setting up another installation.

I really commend Keanu for his skill and then for making a slick good movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

MisterBibs posted:

Was having a discussion on this earlier with someone, and CineD feels like the most obvious place to ask this.

Is there a severity to disruption, by someone with special needs, that bringing down the proverbial hammer (via talking to a caregiver or a manager) is warranted? Or is tolerance always/inherently better because we're talking about people who literally have mental issues which prevent them from being entirely quiet during a movie?

My opinion on the matter is the only way to deal with it is to ask the theater for a refund and come back and see it later if it's too bad. It would be lovely to confront a caregiver who is likely only trying to do something nice and getting the manager is just passing the buck on having to be lovely to a caregiver.

• Locked thread