Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

get that OUT of my face posted:

Yeah it does feel natural to hear them use that kind of language, and I'm the kind of person who swears like a sailor in casual conversation. It's still a little jarring to hear "cocksucker," two different kinds of f-bombs, and the n-word unbleeped on non-HBO TV, but that's because I've never heard that on those channels.

Taboo on FX proper has been saying "gently caress" like it is going out of business. In fact, you haven't heard gently caress until you've heard it angrily yelled by Jonathan Pryce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Megaspel posted:

I foresee Mac thinking gay people get laid easy in a stereotypical fashion, but then being completely unable to score.

Mac trying to be the G.F.F. of Dee and The Waitress because those are the only women he knows even though they both hate him. Then eventually taking Margaret out to a gay bar. Mac getting a job at Fatty Mcgoo's store and acting like a super queen salesman even though he has no interest or knowledge of fashion but insisting that he does being gay.

The best episodes are the gang interacting with normal people and realizing they are loving nuts, there is so much to mine there in Mac thinking he is just going to be loved instantly by the gay community not realizing he is still a crazy person that people instinctive don't like.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Feb 11, 2017

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe
AssPounder 4000 LLC.

It's A Fist!!®

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Three Olives posted:

Mac trying to be the G.F.F. of Dee and The Waitress because those are the only women he knows even though they both hate him. Then eventually taking Margaret out to a gay bar. Mac getting a job at Fatty Mcgoo's store and acting like a super queen salesman even though he has no interest or knowledge of fashion but insisting that he does being gay.

The best episodes are the gang interacting with normal people and realizing they are loving nuts, there is so much to mine there in Mac thinking he is just going to be loved instantly by the gay community not realizing he is still a crazy person that people instinctive don't like.

My favorites are the ones where, not only do they interact with normals, but they leave a trail of ruined lives and total devastation in their wake.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I too enjoy the devolution of Rickety Cricket.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
They didn't really didn't waste any time ruining his life after that first episode. His very next appearance ends with him homeless, addicted to coke, and the proud owner of two busted legs courtesy of the Philly mob.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I mean I feel like closeted Mac was doing well for himself did you see the beefcakes on the Christian dry cruise? He definitely banged those dudes. And there was that time he went to the club.

And I feel like the glory hole in the bar was definitely his idea?

So it will actually be super funny when he can't score now that he's out. I really hope he starts dating cricket, and calls him a fixer upper.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

At this point, Cricket probably has every STD known to man and a few that are unknown.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

At this point, Cricket probably has every STD known to man and a few that are unknown.

They're known, but only to veterinarians

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
I find it offensive that the idea of sucking cock is offensive.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I'm very excited for Mac's homosexuality and his Catholicism to reach a natural nadir. By that I mean he's going to bang Cricket. What were you thinking you pervert?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's interesting how they pulled Dennis away from the pedophile side by making him waiting until the girl is 21 lol.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

I thought he was making deposits anyway?

And by deposits I mean loads.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It's interesting how they pulled Dennis away from the pedophile side by making him waiting until the girl is 21 lol.

I loved that flashback where it holds on the clerk for just a little bit longer than necessary and her smile towards Dennis drops and she gets this uneasy,"God this creep again?" face.

Edit: Watching again, it's actually just after Dee has left after telling her,"This tip is from my Boss."

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Feb 11, 2017

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I don't think he was banging the barrista. He was grooming her, or he would have been if Dee weren't sabotaging him that stupid bitch

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
When's the last time Dennis successfully 'courted' a woman? Thundergun?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

timp posted:

That guy (the first arbiter) looked and sounded super familiar...have we seen him before or am I conflating the actor with another show or something?

I thought he must be a brother of Conan O'Brien at first, especially after Conan mentioned in a show recently that one of his brothers is often mistaken for him.

Also, the name of IASIPs casting director is Wendy O'Brien.

But it is this guy.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Feb 11, 2017

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

mcbexx posted:

I thought he must be a brother of Conan O'Brien at first, especially after Conan mentioned in a show recently that one of his brothers is often mistaken for him.

Also, the name of IASIPs casting director is Wendy O'Brien.

But it is this guy.

Who's that? Is that Phil? Was it Phil? It IS Phil?!?!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The super succinct deconstruction of calling someone the 'f' word or a cocksucker was extremely smooth and probably where a lot of the accolades this episode are receiving are coming from.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I am very excited to see what they're going to do with gay Mac. Here's one thing that I hope happens: he starts dating a guy named Dennis. Also, the original Dennis hates new gay Dennis more than anything in the world. Even more than he hates Mac.

This sounds perfect and I really, really need to see this happen.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Jerusalem posted:

I loved that flashback where it holds on the clerk for just a little bit longer than necessary and her smile towards Dennis drops and she gets this uneasy,"God this creep again?" face.

Edit: Watching again, it's actually just after Dee has left after telling her,"This tip is from my Boss."

When Dee says "This is from my boss, Dennis," she smiles, because she's getting money and being polite, then the smile drops as Dee walks away. The shot after Dennis buys the champagne is the same shot reused, you can even see Dee walking away.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Gay Mac will "accidentally" sleep with more women than straight Mac ever did. Then he'll have an angry bisexual phase where he talks endlessly about the gang's erasure while they're shouting at him that they don't care.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
mac dad guys. macs dad. you know hes comin back

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

emanresu tnuocca posted:

When's the last time Dennis successfully 'courted' a woman? Thundergun?

Wade Boggs

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Reading about how IRL neo-Nazis are currently drinking milk as a sign of white purity (not a joke) just makes me think of the McPoyles, except not funny, more racist, and probably just as much incest.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Reading about how IRL neo-Nazis are currently drinking milk as a sign of white purity (not a joke) just makes me think of the McPoyles, except not funny, more racist, and probably just as much incest.

I'm not clicking through or reading that link, but the address is loving hilarious.
https://mic.com/articles/168188/milk-nazis-white-supremacists-creamy-pseudo-science-trump-shia-labeouf#.j01txrEae

It reads like just some random catch-all, honeypot word salad.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Drifter posted:

I'm not clicking through or reading that link, but the address is loving hilarious.
https://mic.com/articles/168188/milk-nazis-white-supremacists-creamy-pseudo-science-trump-shia-labeouf#.j01txrEae

It reads like just some random catch-all, honeypot word salad.

All those things are in the article though?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I want to milk Neo-Nazis to see their hot white cream rise to the top

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You're about to experience the white hot cream of a neo Nazi boy.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Cojawfee posted:

You're about to experience the white hot cream of a neo Nazi boy.

Creamy neo-Nazis in Shia LaBeouf's art space want to meet singles in your area!

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

King Vidiot posted:

Creamy neo-Nazis in Shia LaBeouf's art space want to meet singles in your area!

Nothing sexual

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/pnURTOv.gifv

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Why were people saying it was pedophilia when the girl was 21? It's not like she was working there since she was seven or something.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Drifter posted:

Why were people saying it was pedophilia when the girl was 21? It's not like she was working there since she was seven or something.

Did anyone actually use the word pedophile? I think it was just more the icky feeling that he's in his late 30s/early 40s and was "investing" in an 18 year old girl.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

ChesterJT posted:

Did anyone actually use the word pedophile? I think it was just more the icky feeling that he's in his late 30s/early 40s and was "investing" in an 18 year old girl.

Dee says she's underage, Dennis says she JUST turned 21. He was making investments or something.

It was just one poster, so I guess I was wrong thinking "people"

Charlie's rationale for stepping on dogshit was pretty funny.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I think it pays to remember they thought it was a little skeevy for Dennis to be considering having sex with an 18-year-old high school girl and that was 12 years earlier. It's only gotten creepier since then.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Drifter posted:

Basically they had Dennis courting a girl before she turned 21 and not courting a girl before she turned 18. It was an interesting choice to avoid any of the pedophile stuff.

Also The Mick is pretty good, but I pretty much just imagine its Dee.

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Feb 12, 2017

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Also The Mick is pretty good, but I pretty much just imagine its Dee.

100%

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
If The Mick has a Josh Groban cameo I'm gonna absolutely lose it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Mac being out of the closet is a great excuse to bring back Carmen.