Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

my summer at fat camp posted:

This thread is full of the nerds in high school who bullied lower ranking nerds. Leave vinylsbro alone.

Too awkward to bully anyone I person so I do it over the internet thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

my summer at fat camp posted:

This thread is full of the nerds in high school who bullied lower ranking nerds. Leave vinylsbro alone.
Hahahaha, joke's on you, I didn't bother going to high school!

...man, I made some terrible life choices when I was younger :smith:

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Can we post more pictures of our cool records?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Record Collectors Are Pretentious Assholes

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004
Press the buttons all at once, all of the time
Ektro records has a CD store day and I got a bunch of stuff from the label: tapes, cds, shirts, 7"s and LPs but they messed up and gave me a Falcon(ex-Circle) LP instead of a Circle(ex-Falcon) LP so I'm gonna get a bunch more cds and they will send it out with my next order

Stelio Kontos posted:

Can we post more pictures of our cool records?

Church of Ra :worship: I got this on cassette

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

caligulamprey posted:

Hahahaha, joke's on you, I didn't bother going to high school!

...man, I made some terrible life choices when I was younger :smith:

I actually went to high school and I can say with confidence that you did not make a terrible choice there.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Getting ready for my pre Valentines show.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
That chair is gross

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:

BigFactory posted:

That chair is gross

The first correct post you've made In your life.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

BigFactory posted:

That chair is gross

Don't seat shame the chair I found by the dumpster.

Mystery Steve
Nov 9, 2006
Fun Shoe
Scored these at the weekend. I'm dead.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Mystery Steve posted:

Is that the original white pressing of Bela Lugosi?

1000 umbrellas
Aug 25, 2005

We thought we'd base our civilization upon yours, 'cause you're the smartest animals on earth, now ain't you?
Somehow won a 1200 MkII on eBay when nobody outbid me at $350 with 28 hours to go. I wasn't planning on buying a turntable this week, but I've needed one since my old old Debut III was destroyed during the move last summer, and I've always wanted a 1200.

Now I can play all the Willie Nelson records they give you when you move to Texas!

Mystery Steve
Nov 9, 2006
Fun Shoe

Oldstench posted:

Is that the original white pressing of Bela Lugosi?

I wish. It's a first pressing but not the white. Still, £5 and it looks and sounds unplayed.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

ShotgunWillie posted:

The first correct post you've made In your life.

Rude

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe

stay depressed posted:

it's extremely funny to see all of you try to clown on this guy

I feel that I can't judge him until I know his position on video game soundtracks.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

sporklift posted:

Getting ready for my pre Valentines show.

+1 for Lovage

The albums an hour long sex joke and it rules.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

1000 umbrellas posted:

Somehow won a 1200 MkII on eBay when nobody outbid me at $350 with 28 hours to go. I wasn't planning on buying a turntable this week, but I've needed one since my old old Debut III was destroyed during the move last summer, and I've always wanted a 1200.

Now I can play all the Willie Nelson records they give you when you move to Texas!
hopefully for you they actually send it instead of cancelling it and relisting

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Mystery Steve posted:

These is good.

Gin and Juche posted:

+1 for Lovage

The albums an hour long sex joke and it rules.

The Mothers Fillmore East June 1971 is a whole album about the members of Vanilla Fudge sticking a fish into a woman's vagina.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

This is a cool thing that's happening:

https://www.joyfulnoiserecordings.com/collections/flexi-disc-series?mc_cid=b90cd6c658&mc_eid=548e209468

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

BigFactory posted:

That chair is gross

I've got one that's very similar, except that it's orange and I keep it clean.

1000 umbrellas
Aug 25, 2005

We thought we'd base our civilization upon yours, 'cause you're the smartest animals on earth, now ain't you?

Just in the last week I added this funky lamp, those two collages by Ted from Monster Rally, and the Technics came yesterday. The living room is coming together. I've had that Marantz since I moved and broke my turntable so I haven't had the chance to feed it any vinyl, and it sounds amazing paired with the Technics.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
That's a good lamp

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
I lost an eBay bad on a NM copy of Current 93's "Island" for well below it's current value, and I'll be salty about that for the rest of my days.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Vinyl regrets.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

MNSNTZR posted:

I lost an eBay bad on a NM copy of Current 93's "Island" for well below it's current value, and I'll be salty about that for the rest of my days.

I've been thinking about this one for nine years...

More recent listing

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

How do you see things on eBay you didn't win? I'm old and can't use a computer anymore

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004

expensive records should come in burlap sacks

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Elrobot posted:

expensive records should come in burlap sacks

drat that's cool, how much did you pick that up for?

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Toe Rag posted:

How do you see things on eBay you didn't win? I'm old and can't use a computer anymore

Ebay only goes back 90 days, you have to search your emails.

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004

A human heart posted:

drat that's cool, how much did you pick that up for?
$50 but I get 10% off for supporting my local college radio :cheers: also grabbeda copy of Jeffery Lee Pierced Wildweed, new Grails and Courtney's II out of flying nun

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

If you search your emails for "ebay got away", that should find them. They've changed the wording over the years but that should catch them all.

Looks like Devo is keeping the rarity repressings going this year:

It's a Futurisimo release, so it will surely have some nice packaging and a high price tag. Probably $50+, depending on extras/colored vinyl. At first I was excited about a third disc of content, but then I remembered how packed full the original release was. I'm pretty sure it was 70-80 minutes per CD, which probably explains why it has to be 3xLP. I'll reserve judgement till I see the packaging and price.

My optimistic prediction is that this is all leading up to an inevitable re-release of Live: The Mongoloid Years which, if they're going to do it right, should be a two disc set featuring extended shows from that original release. The only problem with that idea is that the first show from that CD was already released on vinyl as a RSD release. Really I just want to see that Sun Ra halloween show released before Mark or Gerry are dead.

edit: drat
https://twitter.com/Gvc3Casale/status/832384866616373248

wa27 fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Feb 17, 2017

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

1000 umbrellas posted:

Just in the last week I added this funky lamp, those two collages by Ted from Monster Rally, and the Technics came yesterday. The living room is coming together. I've had that Marantz since I moved and broke my turntable so I haven't had the chance to feed it any vinyl, and it sounds amazing paired with the Technics.

You have nice things.

1000 umbrellas
Aug 25, 2005

CPL593H posted:

You have nice things.

Thanks! The subtext of that post was: post your setups yo

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008

wa27 posted:

I've been thinking about this one for nine years...

More recent listing

a friend of mine bought a copy of that single last year at a record fair for like $20

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

trdn89 posted:

a friend of mine bought a copy of that single last year at a record fair for like $20

Well, there's a single out there that's not as rare. This would be this "Placebo EP" with four tracks.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

1000 umbrellas posted:

Thanks! The subtext of that post was: post your setups yo

I'm too lazy and my poo poo isn't as fancy as yours.

wa27 posted:

Well, there's a single out there that's not as rare. This would be this "Placebo EP" with four tracks.

I just looked that up on discogs and holy balls, no wonder you're kicking yourself over that one.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
I've been looking all over locally for Headhunters by Herbie Hancock. Today I had a little extra free time so I thought I'd drop in on this little jazz LP shop but they were closed. There was a goodwill near by so I thought I'd check it out and there it was right on the shelf! This other guy was just eyeing the stack standing in front of it and I snatched it. He didn't know what it was. Not a bad score for $2. I also got Man-Child and Magical Mystery Tour. Magical Mystery Tour is the stereo version and a little worse for wear unfortunately but I think it'll cleans up OK.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Disgusting records from goodwill are the best.

It's nice when you find some dead persons weird record collection. I got a whole bunch of Larry graham and Rufus records that way once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
At least they died with good taste. I don't know what it is about that goodwill because most other places I'll feel lucky find to find something common like Simon and Garfunkel or Willie Nelson who I feel alone in enjoying. I left a really moldy copy of Meet the Beatles today, and last time I went I found an empty sleeve for Revolver and 4 copies of Days of Futures Past so it's like someone is trickling in a decent collection.

I found a Korean bootleg of an album with Tom Jones on one side with CCR on the other a couple months ago... that's probably the weirdest record Ive found at a thrift store.