Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

havenwaters posted:

It will probably be attacking frampt or rolling into the place you put the lord vessel. Screwing up that questline AND anything you could do with Kaathe.

Or ya know he like kills big hat somehow or feeds frampt something he shouldn't.

I have to imagine Pat will make sure Woolie fights the 4 Kings before placing the Lordvessel, because otherwise that's a ton of lore to miss out on, and that's the only requirement to meet Kaathe. Now, Woolie falling down the hole and Frampt getting pissed is what I'm expecting at this point, it's a small mechanical goof that immediately lands a lot of egg on face, which is basically what the axe-toss was. Every episode I keep expecting to see it though and it's getting annoying, I wish Pat had tweeted that out closer to when the episode would air instead of right after they recorded it.

Watching this again, I'm shocked googleygareth/2snacks/plague hasn't done this one.

hoobajoo fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://clips.twitch.tv/superbunnyhop/ToughPeafowlWTRuck

Pat in okayraccoonpoop's stream. I wanna unsubscribe from SuperBunnyHop all over again. :allears:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'm sort of annoyed that Pat didn't tell Woolie not to bone out when he could have just told him to wait and watch. Now when they go see Ceaseless again they'll have to do a bit of hanky panky to get the scripting working again.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Rodyle posted:

I'm sort of annoyed that Pat didn't tell Woolie not to bone out when he could have just told him to wait and watch. Now when they go see Ceaseless again they'll have to do a bit of hanky panky to get the scripting working again.

I see it as an extension of Pat trying to be more hands off, which will sometimes mean this kind of inconvenience, but I think it's better overall. Both in general, and for Woolie's sanity specifically. It's also possible, based on how Pat described beating Ceaseless, that he doesn't actually know it's scripted and thought it was a glitch.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hoobajoo posted:

I see it as an extension of Pat trying to be more hands off, which will sometimes mean this kind of inconvenience, but I think it's better overall. Both in general, and for Woolie's sanity specifically. It's also possible, based on how Pat described beating Ceaseless, that he doesn't actually know it's scripted and thought it was a glitch.

Now we'll just have to watch woolie fight a dick joke with a toothpick.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I assumed people wouldn't want to see Woolie doing Ceaseless the easy way. When I saw it for myself I totally assumed it was a glitch as well.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

I assumed people wouldn't want to see Woolie doing Ceaseless the easy way. When I saw it for myself I totally assumed it was a glitch as well.

It's pretty obviously intended to be the main way to fight him. Trying to fight him "legit" is a slog if you're not using sorcery.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Genocyber posted:

It's pretty obviously intended to be the main way to fight him. Trying to fight him "legit" is a slog if you're not using sorcery.

How is it a slog? You just wait for him to slam his arm down and you hit it until he dies. He's an even easier version of the Old Iron King.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Neo_Crimson posted:

How is it a slog? You just wait for him to slam his arm down and you hit it until he dies.

uh

Rodyle posted:

dont blame pat for woolies weird coward disease

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

How is it a slog? You just wait for him to slam his arm down and you hit it until he dies. He's an even easier version of the Old Iron King.

It can be annoying to bait out the slam move (I remember him liking the lava spew thing more) and it's not the easiest thing in the world to dodge, he's fairly tanky and you don't get a lot of time to hit his arm.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Best way to fight him if you screw up the intended jump is to lame it out in that shortcut path and hit the tip of his arm when he does the slam.

Edit: abusing geography is totally "legit"

Totally.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

havenwaters posted:

Best way to fight him if you screw up the intended jump is to lame it out in that shortcut path and hit the tip of his arm when he does the slam.

Edit: abusing geography is totally "legit"

Totally.

Good enough for ENB, good enough for me :)

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
You know the best way to fight Ceaseless Discharge, or for that matter, any boss in any game? To play the game.

Woolie teleporting out of that was inexplicably dumb. There was absolutely no reason to do it, Pat had already told him that if he didn't do that area he was going to have to go to the hassle of walking all the way there later. That he didn't even consider trying is what baffles and annoys me. It would be idiotic if no one was watching, but when you're recording for an audience as your job? I can't get my head around what the gently caress he was thinking.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
Maybe he just wasn't taking it so incredibly seriously. It's not even a good boss.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
That's such a bullshit cop out of an answer. It's not "taking it incredibly seriously" to expect that when they get to content they not just run away from it. He walked into an obvious set piece and then refused to engage with it. He has no way of knowing if it's a bad boss fight or not because he didn't make any attempt to play the game.

They've already talked about cutting the episodes down to avoid bonfire downtime, and then a few episodes later he's bottling out of scripted sequences to go back to the bonfire for no reason. It's bizarre.

At this point I'm beginning to think that the axe throw is Woolie tossing the controller out of the apartment window.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
It's not a cop out answer at all, I'm just kind of baffled that it surprised you this much. To be upset is one thing, but Woolie actively avoiding hard progress whenever he can, in favor of doubling back, has been a consistent feature of every souls LP thus far.

He had no way of knowing it was a gimmick boss and, understandably, thought he was in an area that he was drastically underlevelled for, and decided to go back to revisit earlier content he already skipped; i.e. Great Hollow, Valley of Drakes and Undead Asylum. He said moments before entering the fog gate, that he was waiting for the zone to pop off, and just exploring to see how far he'd get.

You might not like it, sure, but if you're "baffled" by something so decidedly Woolie-esque by the FIFTH souls LP, then I can't help but question whether you've been paying attention at all. To call it "idiotic" is an overreaction for something so innocuous, which is why I gave you a 1-line non-committal response.

Justice Sloth fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Feb 12, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Pat is a coward and will always choose the coward's path, he's established this all the time.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Is there even any good reason to kill ceaseless now? I don't remember if there's any worthwhile items but I remember feeling like I wasted a ton of time when I pushed my way through demon ruins only to get blocked by the lord gate.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
The online LPer found a video game enemy more intimidating than it actually was. What a disgrace.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Oxyclean posted:

Is there even any good reason to kill ceaseless now? I don't remember if there's any worthwhile items but I remember feeling like I wasted a ton of time when I pushed my way through demon ruins only to get blocked by the lord gate.

Basically just to get his souls early (and the gold hemmed black set).

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
I miss when the Hemmed set was actually good: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606312-dark-souls/60859220

Man, I need to play through unpatched again. I love destroying enemies with 1200 damage Crystal Ring Shield R2s.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Two Best Friends Play Nioh, Machinima edition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5iK0hD4sjc

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
"You took my stand away" "Oh that's a strong stand." "That's a real stand in Part 6" "Of course it is."

That was a really good episode.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Feb 12, 2017

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

They're going to have to come back to demon ruins after Anor Londo, so it's really six of one, half dozen of the other whether they kill Ceaseless now or later. I always kill him right after Kellog's, but I know the secret moves, so I can't blame Woolie for assuming the boss is badder than he is. I do with Pat had told Woolie that he should at least try, but again, that could be ignorance on Pat's part if he doesn't realize the boss falling and dying is supposed to happen.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

hoobajoo posted:

They're going to have to come back to demon ruins eventually because they can't complete it now, so it's really six of one, half dozen of the other whether they kill Ceaseless now or later. I always kill him right after Kellog's, but I know the secret moves, so I can't blame Woolie for assuming the boss is badder than he is. I do with Pat had told Woolie that he should at least try, but again, that could be ignorance on Pat's part if he doesn't realize the boss falling and dying is supposed to happen.

He said something about how he missed out on a cool lucky thing when he fought the boss but Woolie didn't take the hint

edit: Basically Pat is too vague for Woolie.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

As just a thing, it's funny how long it was normally thought that the good way to kill Ceaseless was a bug or a glitch or something.

I remember it taking a pretty good while for people to realize he's got an animation for losing grip and falling, he's not clipping out through the wall and hurdling into negative space. :v:

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

havenwaters posted:

Two Best Friends Play Nioh, Machinima edition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5iK0hD4sjc

Matt's on point in this episode, he's come back to these one-offs with gusto

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Justice Sloth posted:

Matt's on point in this episode, he's come back to these one-offs with gusto

Yeah. Matt's big dumb laugh's pretty infectious too.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I beat RE7, I can finally watch the LP!

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

havenwaters posted:

Yeah. Matt's big dumb laugh's pretty infectious too.

I've really missed Matt just saying the goofiest stuff while Pat tries to play the straight man. And you're right, the channel needs more Matt laugh.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So what is the general consensus on Nioh?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Grouchio posted:

It's great

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Nioh seems like a weird Onimusha/Bloodborne cross. I ain't got them fancy PS4's but it looks solid.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Grouchio posted:

It's great. Fromsoft finally has a true competitor in the "Souls" genre.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
This is the golden age of one-offs.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Justice Sloth posted:

This is the golden age of one-offs.

Oh god it's it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCcOypAby70

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

WHAT

e: following up on broken pixels took me to TechSyndrome lol

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Feb 12, 2017

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Grouchio posted:

Fantastic game which runs a bit rear end-y if you don't have a PS4 Pro

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

DumbparameciuM posted:

Play it on action mode though, haven't actually seen many complaints about performance on the normal provided you do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

DumbparameciuM posted:

It runs fine on a poor. It's pretty much always at 720p but that's not that noticeable when you're actually playing.