Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Schwarzwald posted:

What suggests that Saitama is mistaken is that roughly half of all characters in the comic are actively trying to make themselves stronger (the other half being content to exploit the power they already have) yet none of them even approach Saitama's level. This isn't because Saitama is the one character in the world who's tried honest exercise. It isn't because he has special genes either. It isn't for any reason at all. Saitama simply is powerful.

Saitama is using a plan that anyone else who was serious about getting stronger wouldn't use. You need those rest days for your body to rebuild, and sometimes you're gonna be in a room with A/C or a heater. 3 meals a day, or at least a banana in the morning, is pretty decent advice though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Gyges posted:

Saitama is using a plan that anyone else who was serious about getting stronger wouldn't use. You need those rest days for your body to rebuild, and sometimes you're gonna be in a room with A/C or a heater. 3 meals a day, or at least a banana in the morning, is pretty decent advice though.

So either:

1.) Doing the wrong exercise is secretly actually good, and Saitama lucked into the magical superpower training regiment that everyone else has too much common sense to try.
2.) Saitama's regiment is legitimately mediocre and his strength is entirely unexplained.

My money is on the second.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

The first one is funnier.

It's that.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Saitama doing crossfit and accidently becoming invincible is hilarious, I agree.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Begemot posted:

It's that.

Yep. Saitama lucked his way into god powers.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
hachi machi gang, reading these discussions makes me wish saitama had never gotten strong and he died when the crab man threw him into a building. like there's a motherfucker who ate so much crab he became a crab man, why are you even bothering to ask how the guy who did a grueling workout routine became very strong

New conversation topic :I think Genos is very cool. Discuss

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I think Genos is trying very hard to be a good boy and has come a long way in part thanks to Saitama but he still has a lot to learn

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
He's no Drive Knight but he's alright.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
I wish Genos had taken Saitama seriously and adopted his extreme training regiment instead of pressing him for some perceived deeper secret to his strength.

Then we would have 2 one punch men.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Would cyborgs even benefit from physical training?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
It still bugs me that we do not know Drive Knight's deal at all

also my story with One Punch Man is that I never really bothered to check it out despite friend recommendations just because the initial premise of an overpowered hero didn't grab me at all, but once the anime started and I saw a million gifs of Genos animated doing insane flips and beautiful maneuvers, it suddenly became increasingly My poo poo

im a sucker for bishonen robots

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Begemot posted:

It's that.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
yeah i want to have sex with genos the robot twink too

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

They're both really good

This is why you don't queue jump. We use Fubuki's arc being animated as hype once King's has come and gone so that we have hype in future.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
I thought the monsters were the dark mirror of Saitama - Saitama was obsessed with being the greatest hero, so he is. Crab dude was obsessed with Crabs, so became a crab.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Moltrey posted:

New conversation topic :I think Genos is very cool. Discuss

no, cool guys occasionally win fights

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
IMO only nerds care about where Saitama's power comes from and it distracts from the big questions.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Schwarzwald posted:

So either:

1.) Doing the wrong exercise is secretly actually good, and Saitama lucked into the magical superpower training regiment that everyone else has too much common sense to try.
2.) Saitama's regiment is legitimately mediocre and his strength is entirely unexplained.

My money is on the second.

Ooooooooh

I want both of these to be true

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

no, cool guys occasionally win fights

Common Rider is a cool guy :colbert:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm sure at some point in his life common rider has won a fight

at least a thumb war

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tollymain posted:

i'm sure at some point in his life common rider has won a fight

at least a thumb war

The fight for undying admiration from all smart people.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
can't wait for the finale of OPM to be Genos and Common Rider teaming up to turn Tatsumaki into modern art and beat King at a video game

Zzulu posted:

yeah i want to have sex with genos the robot twink too
yeah same

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

Common Rider isn't really strong enough to fight monsters, but he's still the top of C-class. He can probably trash any mundane criminals pretty well. ( i can't remember if that is a thing heroes actually do in this setting but whatever)

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Astro Ambulance posted:

Common Rider isn't really strong enough to fight monsters, but he's still the top of C-class. He can probably trash any mundane criminals pretty well. ( i can't remember if that is a thing heroes actually do in this setting but whatever)

It is. It's a very C-rank thing to do, since there are still cops around to deal with those issues, but we see heroes foiling bank robbers from time to time.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It makes sense now to have the tournamen tbe the finale of season 2 of the anime

I hope this last clusterfuck of monsters turns into a good and cool fight

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

Zzulu posted:

It makes sense now to have the tournamen tbe the finale of season 2 of the anime

I hope this last clusterfuck of monsters turns into a good and cool fight

This might even be why they put it in. Good way to divide things up. With next season's conflict sort of percolating in the background.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
This basically requires a seasons three, though. Either way, the anime is going to go past the manga.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They can stop at Metal Bat vs Garo if they're not going to go into the MA arc proper, imo.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
We will never reach Next Arc Island.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

thechosenone posted:

This might even be why they put it in. Good way to divide things up. With next season's conflict sort of percolating in the background.

Kind of a let down if they do that to be honest, ending season 2 there wouldn't be as glorious a finale as Boros was

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Parrotine posted:

Kind of a let down if they do that to be honest, ending season 2 there wouldn't be as glorious a finale as Boros was

TBH, there's not anything that can top that, although Suriyu getting serious against Saitama is gonna be pretty beautiful to see animated.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
One Punch Man season 2 can't end on a fight between two people that aren't One Punch Man.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Unless they're going for a 26'er, there's no really good point to end this because you're finishing the Monster Association arc in 12 (which Murata hasn't reached) honestly so unless they're saying gently caress it to Murata's version only stuff, they've kinda jumped the gun.

I'm down with it nevertheless, but I could have waited.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Mulva posted:

We will never reach Next Arc Island.

Saitama will never get off the boat.

And it's a really nice boat.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

CannonFodder posted:

Saitama will never get off the boat.

And it's a really nice boat.

It's got a buffet!

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I'm down for an extended cruise.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'd be totally fine with the anime going past the manga because they can just take stuff straight from the webcomic

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Unless they're going for a 26'er, there's no really good point to end this because you're finishing the Monster Association arc in 12 (which Murata hasn't reached) honestly so unless they're saying gently caress it to Murata's version only stuff, they've kinda jumped the gun.

I'm down with it nevertheless, but I could have waited.

The storys already there, whether Murata gets to it or not.
ONEs probably (maybe i dunno his workflow) (probably not) has the murata only stuff written out and waiting to be drawn, so the anime studio can take those and muratas keyframes and go from there.

(I am 100% sure Murata does the keyframes somehow.)

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Isn't ONE wrapping up Mob Psycho 100 soon? If so, he'll probably have more free time to dedicate to OPM. I hope so, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

not me, that would mean mob is ending and I would rather have Mob and OPM at a slow pace than only one of the two