Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Honestly I'm just happy that Shout is more powerful than ever with the ATK softcap raise. I could never have dreamed of reaching 9999x2 with Snowspell Strike on Ultimate bosses beforehand. Of course, my mage team still needs a little work, but it's getting there.

Regarding dungeon lucky, I'll obviously pull yet again; 8 is always weak, 12 has like one dupe, and I wouldn't say no to any OSB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I can definitely use more synergy for viii and xii so I will happily pull on that.

Sayara
May 10, 2009

ZiegeDame posted:

You got the SB that the thread is named after. Congrats.

U-DO Burger posted:

holy crap congrats on the awesome pulls. Ramza's SSB is top tier, and now that you've got it he will be the engine that powers your physical team.

Thanks, beginner's luck and all that!

rujasu posted:

The fact that Sayara also pulled two BSB's for strong physical characters is icing on the cake. Now you just need one good medica and you have a full top-tier team.

Now I can only open two characters out of what I pulled, should I wait until for event or more souls so I can open them all at once? And um, what's medica, heal?

E:vvv Thanks!

Sayara fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Feb 11, 2017

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Group heal, more specifically.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Just noticed there were an additional 10 mythril in the Gyshaal shop today, and I guess we're getting another 10 mythril for Valentine's Day. Saving up for all the pulls I want is pretty easy on top of all the log-in bonuses until the anniversary.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Just noticed there were an additional 10 mythril in the Gyshaal shop today, and I guess we're getting another 10 mythril for Valentine's Day. Saving up for all the pulls I want is pretty easy on top of all the log-in bonuses until the anniversary.

It'd be funny if they gave us all the anniversary mythril early to get people to pull on things like the FF8 banners and then stiffed them during the actual anniversary. Maybe they could have a special anniversary 10% off sale on gems.

I'd consider skipping the dungeon pull, but if it's XII that means Vaan and Ashe's bursts are on there. That's probably worth a gamble even if the odds of those specific relics are terribly low. I have almost nothing from XII anyways, I think my very first relic was Fran's Whip Kick and I've gotten squat ever since.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Gonna pull on that banner for another shot at Vaan's BSB even though I've got 5 dupes on this banner, too. My synergy is pretty good in VIII and terrible in XII, so hopefully I can at least get some useful stat sticks.

I swear to god if I pull Aldebaran #4...

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I can't believe we finally get to fight Chaos and he ends up being slotted in a weaker fight than WoL. I call bullshit :argh:

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

It's a lucky draw and I am fuckin pullin that poo poo

wait it's VIII and XII

never mind

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I like VIII and XII

I don't know if I'll pull. My XII synergy is pretty much perfect and I already have Vaan BSB. VIII could use work but that event is just around the corner so

I'll start by counting dupes I guess

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

U-DO Burger posted:

I can't believe we finally get to fight Chaos and he ends up being slotted in a weaker fight than WoL. I call bullshit :argh:
You might want to reserve your anger until after the bonus battles come out :ssh:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Oh. Fine, I'll stop getting mad at video games. This time.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Ashe BSB? Yeah, pulling.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Elephant Ambush posted:

FFT would be extremely heavy with Knights though.

I mean, that's basically the game; it's a bunch of Knights that are fighting other Knights and it's basically Final Fantasy Game of Thrones except with slightly less incest. While it makes for interesting battle design, it leads to incredibly bad adaptation to FFRK, since 90% of the important characters are arguably knights of some degree and all of them use swords. Mustadio is the main exception to the rule; RafaRapha and MalakMalach are relevant for all of half a chapter, Reis is a sidequest character (and her husband, Beowulf, is Another Knight Of Some Sort), and Ovelia is basically eternally the Damsel In Distress throughout the game. They've had to reach pretty far just to get as few knights in the realm as they have. I fully expect we'll get AlgusArgath in as a weird Darkness/Support/Shooter hybrid with a bow.

That said, I would kill someone to get WorkerConstruct 8 in FFRK. gently caress yeah fantasy robots.

Back on topic of Lucky Draws: Doesn't Shantotto have a SSB? Or did they just nix the FF11 part of the lucky draw because they screwed us out of the other two thirds of FF11's relics?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
She does; I'll have to see the actual banner in question to know if they keep it, but Jupiter's Staff came around in time for the Dissidia event and is present on the mock-up.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

God I want the arcade Dissidia on home

A dissidia mobile game just came out in Japan a week or two ago. They're using the (good) ffrk model of free characters, gacha weapons. Not clear to me how generous the free currency is though, haven't done much reading on it.

edit: "current gem acquisition rate (outside of apology/event) gives 1 11-pull every 50 days"

Well that answers that question, 'not very'.

I'm assuming it'll probably get better over time, that seems to be the trend for most of these games. Milk the early player base and super whales hard, gradually make catching up easier as the content expands for newer players, and slowly make the game more generous over time.

Game itself is cool, spent some time mucking about with the jp version.

victrix fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Feb 11, 2017

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

they need to introduce Cloud (FFT).

He'll be exactly the same as FF7 Cloud, but with FFT RS!

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Pander posted:

They'd need to do that with Balthier, too, then. Vaan and Penelo are questionable since they only show up in FFTA2.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Pander posted:

They should just give multi-game characters synergy in all games they appear in.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I'd give like half-synergy to stuff like Cloud in Tactics.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I still say XII and Tactics should have realm synergy with each other since they both take place in the same world.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

:goonsay: so by that logic VII and X should be the same realm because Shinra and the farplane is the lifestream and

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Just got enough mythril for the lucky draw. All I got was the organix, so at least cloud has a ssb to rely on I guess?

I really need non-sword gear for vii.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Every realm in which Gilgamesh makes an appearance should have shared synergy. Call it the Gilga-mesh.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
I started playing this game. I did the half-price pull and got three 5s - some gloves for Sephiroth, a Rune Blade with a BSB for someone named Zach, and a Hewley Buster fomeone I also don't know named Angreal. I guess I will be able to get those people at some point. Right now I'm walking around with cloud and 3 Final Fantasy 4 dudes. I don't know if it really matters who I'm playing with while I'm at the point where none of my relics really match my guys, just using a black mage, a white mage, and 3 dudes to hold those swords.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

HPanda posted:

Every realm in which Gilgamesh makes an appearance should have shared synergy. Call it the Gilga-mesh.

:golfclap:

Stagger_Lee posted:

I started playing this game. I did the half-price pull and got three 5s - some gloves for Sephiroth, a Rune Blade with a BSB for someone named Zach, and a Hewley Buster fomeone I also don't know named Angreal. I guess I will be able to get those people at some point. Right now I'm walking around with cloud and 3 Final Fantasy 4 dudes. I don't know if it really matters who I'm playing with while I'm at the point where none of my relics really match my guys, just using a black mage, a white mage, and 3 dudes to hold those swords.

Does not. So basically hit up the 'Event' dungeons, and clear as much as you can with a roaming warrior BSB to help you clear. At the very least you'll unlock event/FF specific characters for that realm, and if you clear all the basic dungeons you get a 'Soul of a Hero' which you can use to unlock any character.

In your case, almost certainly the hero for the BSB, because BSBs give you massive sustain (basically a pile of free ability hones, with other perks on top).

Use one of the roaming warrior search sites like https://www.ffrkcentral.com/roamingwarriors/search

If I remember right, Shadow's BSB is really good for basic dungeon farming (instant cast which is helpful, and faster-than-usual ability execution on his burst commands after that, with one single target and one aoe).

It may be a week or two before you can fully finish the event basic dungeons, for now just keep plowing through regular realm dungeons using RW buddies to help you along. Any time you would waste stamina getting your 5th stamina shard, try to burn off the excess either completing a realm dungeon, or a daily dungeon before you get that last shard and refill your stam.

victrix fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Feb 11, 2017

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Hogama posted:

Advance mock-up for the Dungeon Update lucky draw, presuming it's SSB+.

68% for a SSB
24% for a BSB
8% for an OSB

59.5% of an VIII relic
37.8% of a XII relic
2.7% for Jupiter's Staff

Duplicates on the next two events (VIII and XII)
Almasy Revolver (Fujin/Raijin Banner 1)
Quistis's Dress, Red Scorpion, Crescent Wish, Exeter, Sorceress Gown (Fujin/Raijin Banner 2)
Defender, Holy Rod (Vayne Banner 1)
Ashe's Defiance, Yoichi Bow, Chaos Blade, Cloud Staff (Vayne Banner 2).

Thanks to to all these sudden Mythril Giveaways, I'm actually considering in doing a pull on one of those two upcoming Events' banners so I'm using the LD as a Gauge between VIII or XII to make that pull on the realm I get the least (with XII being the default if I get Shantotto/11)...

AstraSage fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Feb 12, 2017

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I beat the FFX Torment Cid Mission!! Suck on that you rat bastard!!! Instant KO accessories were better for me than water resists cause when it blocks out the regurgitate it totally wipes it out, giving me occasional turns of no damage. Also helped that I realized that Engulfing Twinstrike is a water attack. Idiot!! I used Braska as my healer through the trash, switching him to pure damage once the big boss came in, and ALWAYS using his Ifrit SB when he had en-fire up. Helped that I used High Summoner staff and Red Armlet to boost fire. It was close in the end cause Yuna died right before she got off another miracle veil right before he died, but I was able to self-sustain through thief's revenge on rikku and then Braska finished him off with a chain firaga.

Now I just gotta find a way to beat the VII one. Why does Gi Nattak have to be immune to earth!

Speaking of Cid Missions, the FFI one is looking rough with my lack of soul breaks for that realm. Hope my glass cannon ideas can work. Would hate to fail a weekly mission.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Feb 12, 2017

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

My plan for the I CM, only SB I have is Sarah's HoTE clone

Warrior of Light @+40% Holy gear, Saint Cross + Banishing Strike
Master @+40% Fire gear, Meteor Crush + Fires Within
WoL, magic + power breakdown
Echo @+40% Lightning gear, Chain Thundaga + Multi Break
Sarah, Curaja + Shellga

RW Vessel of Fate and smash with Echo, all the physical guys get boosted and lay down the hurt

Will need to gear for major blind resist and dodge Lich's status spam bullshit but it seems doable

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Hey, we got a final boss at last. I hope more are on the way. And superbosses too although we've had a couple of those.

Also it is tremendous fun having a native Overstrike. Events are just entirely brainless up to the Ultimates. And big numbers are cool.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Also does Japan have a fifth Cid yet, I need a ridiculous Cid Gimmick Team. Maybe I'll just name the Keeper Cid for a bit. :v:

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009

McDragon posted:

Also does Japan have a fifth Cid yet, I need a ridiculous Cid Gimmick Team. Maybe I'll just name the Keeper Cid for a bit. :v:

The current XIV event in Japan rewards that realm's Cid, so yes, over there you can now make an all-Cid party (4, 7, 13, 14, T).

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Very technically, you could do it right now with Warrior of Light (in Dissidia, he's a manikin copy of Cid of Lufaine).

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Killing Vector posted:

The current XIV event in Japan rewards that realm's Cid, so yes, over there you can now make an all-Cid party (4, 7, 13, 14, T).

Ironically you're missing Al-Cid.

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010
Mote ifrit down and mastered, after six weeks of play. Turns out if you have raines bsb you can devote four character slots to healing, breaking and walling and still beat the memento mori timer (barely).

Toughest part was probably getting the team levelled enough to not be destroyed before the mitigation got rolling. And making do with only one fire resist item.

Gonna try some more nightmares when it opens again. My roster is pretty limited until I can get more exp, just waiting on orbfest.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

way to go steve posted:

Mote ifrit down and mastered, after six weeks of play. Turns out if you have raines bsb you can devote four character slots to healing, breaking and walling and still beat the memento mori timer (barely).

Toughest part was probably getting the team levelled enough to not be destroyed before the mitigation got rolling. And making do with only one fire resist item.

Gonna try some more nightmares when it opens again. My roster is pretty limited until I can get more exp, just waiting on orbfest.

Not gonna lie, this impresses me quite a bit. Nice work!

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009

victrix posted:

:golfclap:

Does not. So basically hit up the 'Event' dungeons, and clear as much as you can with a roaming warrior BSB to help you clear. At the very least you'll unlock event/FF specific characters for that realm, and if you clear all the basic dungeons you get a 'Soul of a Hero' which you can use to unlock any character.

In your case, almost certainly the hero for the BSB, because BSBs give you massive sustain (basically a pile of free ability hones, with other perks on top).

Use one of the roaming warrior search sites like https://www.ffrkcentral.com/roamingwarriors/search

If I remember right, Shadow's BSB is really good for basic dungeon farming (instant cast which is helpful, and faster-than-usual ability execution on his burst commands after that, with one single target and one aoe).

It may be a week or two before you can fully finish the event basic dungeons, for now just keep plowing through regular realm dungeons using RW buddies to help you along. Any time you would waste stamina getting your 5th stamina shard, try to burn off the excess either completing a realm dungeon, or a daily dungeon before you get that last shard and refill your stam.

Thanks. I've been clearing the EXP dungeon on hard for today, although I think maybe I shouldn't have, and just focused on Stamina for another week. Only ~50 stamina right now, and have cleared the first couple levels of the current events, but not to the Soul of the Hero point.

My second 11-pull had Rosa's bow, and I actually have her, so I've been doing that, although I don't really have the skills to use to get it to go off, and I'm hesitant about crafting much of anything right now.

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010

FeralWraith posted:

Not gonna lie, this impresses me quite a bit. Nice work!

Hey, thanks! I actually put a lot of planning into it, after get wrecked by him when they opened up. Farmed out the nightmare mini bosses for major orbs to make full break, and hone a lot of stuff. Did three pulls on the first tactics banner to get an mblink medica and kaiser shield, those were critical. And I spent time figuring out what RW I wanted to use, ended up going minwu burst for hastega, more sustain and yet another magic debuff.

I'm disappointed it took me so long to find this game. Figuring out how to make the pieces fit to get through some of these tougher fights has been really satisfying. Way more than I ever expected from a phone game.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

FFRK was crap when it launched, now it is a remarkably fun game that is generous by the standards of awful gacha crap

(naturally it makes less money than the poo poo tier exploitative ones)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Reminder that you've got about an hour left for everything on the IV event, if you still need the multiplayer or the ultimate fights or something.

• Locked thread