Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Does anyone know offhand why a bound regen item wouldn't unlock to collections? I popped an old Cantina crate I forgot to open and got a carbonite chamber item and despite clicking to use so it'd pop to collections and I could account unlock it, it didn't. Same goes for the Meditation Chamber I just bought from the Cartel Market. Yet the Lifeday Orb regen I got unlocked just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

M_Sinistrari posted:

Does anyone know offhand why a bound regen item wouldn't unlock to collections? I popped an old Cantina crate I forgot to open and got a carbonite chamber item and despite clicking to use so it'd pop to collections and I could account unlock it, it didn't. Same goes for the Meditation Chamber I just bought from the Cartel Market. Yet the Lifeday Orb regen I got unlocked just fine.

Cantina Crate items aren't cartel items - they're actually a different item and can't be added to collections, kind of like the versions you buy off reputation vendors.

You can TRY and open a ticket and see if you get lucky...but I wouldn't hold my breath. :)

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Learned this the hard way myself.

Spend precious Cartel certs on a Stronghold Defender Lightsaber...whoops can't unlock in collections.

Buy a Stronghold Defender Lightsaber for 40 million....whoops unlock is borked with no fix eta. Bound it to the wrong char and CS won't unbind it. :suicide:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

sassassin posted:

Sorry, didn't know this was your guild thread. Where's the thread for talking about the game?

If people entered his competitions as fast as they rush to defend him he wouldn't have to post reminders about them so often.

wow you're a terrible poster 😳

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Alter Ego posted:

You are somehow worse than the guy who trolled the thread complaining about the Tracer Missile animation.

I actually liked that guy.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Berke Negri posted:

I actually liked that guy.

Alt account spotted.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

This thread confuses me. On the one hand there are a lot of people posting in here about playing/doing stuff with the game.

On the other hand whenever I log in there are maybe 2 other people online tops. It feels deader than dead

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hakarne posted:

This thread confuses me. On the one hand there are a lot of people posting in here about playing/doing stuff with the game.

On the other hand whenever I log in there are maybe 2 other people online tops. It feels deader than dead

It's not dead, but there's definitely a lot of people (myself included) who post a lot more than we play. The Galactic Command changes in 5.0 really rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. The recent changes make it a lot better.

I have a feeling things will pick up when the new raid boss drops. However, with our guild pretty much being a social guild only since before 3.0, if you're looking to get into "Serious" endgame activity it might be best to look for a different guild. Most of the people that play in TNG do their own thing, sometimes chatting but we haven't done a full goon raid or group PvP in quite a while. :(

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Medullah posted:

It's not dead, but there's definitely a lot of people (myself included) who post a lot more than we play. The Galactic Command changes in 5.0 really rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. The recent changes make it a lot better.

I have a feeling things will pick up when the new raid boss drops. However, with our guild pretty much being a social guild only since before 3.0, if you're looking to get into "Serious" endgame activity it might be best to look for a different guild. Most of the people that play in TNG do their own thing, sometimes chatting but we haven't done a full goon raid or group PvP in quite a while. :(

Yeah I totally get it. It just kind of shocks me because when I rejoined after KOTFE dropped there'd at least be a few people on in gchat to make it feel less lonely. Occasionally someone would even do something like a flashpoint and we could get 2-3 of us together. Now it's just a silent void. :(

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Hopefully we can get a gang together to run the new raid once or twice. I'd like to see it, but not so badly that I want to play with strangers

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Hakarne posted:

Yeah I totally get it. It just kind of shocks me because when I rejoined after KOTFE dropped there'd at least be a few people on in gchat to make it feel less lonely. Occasionally someone would even do something like a flashpoint and we could get 2-3 of us together. Now it's just a silent void. :(

Part of the reason Guild chat's so dead now I think is because we're all chatting on a discord server instead. That doesn't explain the lower numbers of people playing, of course, but it explains why they're not talking in-game.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Hakarne posted:

Overall, I'm on a decent amount, but I do alternate between playing on Jedi Covenant and Harbinger when I'm on. Then there's times like this weekend where I'm working on papers so I'm just hopping on long enough to work on conquest stuff queues.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

The recent changes make it a lot better.

A lot better. I've made more gear progress in the last week than I had the previous two months. I'm averaging about 20 GC lvls a day.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

A lot better. I've made more gear progress in the last week than I had the previous two months. I'm averaging about 20 GC lvls a day.

Yeah my Operative is now full 230, about to hit tier 2, have to decide if I want to work on upgrading my 230s or start opening boxes in heal spec to upgrade my 4.0 healing set.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Yeah my Operative is now full 230, about to hit tier 2, have to decide if I want to work on upgrading my 230s or start opening boxes in heal spec to upgrade my 4.0 healing set.

Really, really wish I could just set my role as "Heal" for GC. It's bad enough swapping to Lightning to do Dailies, it's a down right pain in the rear end to switch back just to open a crate. Or when a Set Bonus piece drops let you choose.

The problem now is deciding what pieces to upgrade using Unassembled Pieces...just my luck I'll upgrade something and it'll drop for free the next crate.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Really, really wish I could just set my role as "Heal" for GC. It's bad enough swapping to Lightning to do Dailies, it's a down right pain in the rear end to switch back just to open a crate. Or when a Set Bonus piece drops let you choose.

The problem now is deciding what pieces to upgrade using Unassembled Pieces...just my luck I'll upgrade something and it'll drop for free the next crate.

Operative is the worst too. If I legit want to go from Concealment to Medicine, I have to rearrange everything - even Toxic Haze is an entirely different move between the two. Luckily going Concealment to Medicine, opening a bag, abandoning Medicine, moving Toxic Haze and then going Concealment only makes me have to move two things. :D

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Medullah posted:

Cantina Crate items aren't cartel items - they're actually a different item and can't be added to collections, kind of like the versions you buy off reputation vendors.

You can TRY and open a ticket and see if you get lucky...but I wouldn't hold my breath. :)

I did open a ticket about the Meditation Chamber and it looks like I'm not the only one with the problem. Customer Service had me do a bug report so we'll see what happens with that.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

M_Sinistrari posted:

I did open a ticket about the Meditation Chamber and it looks like I'm not the only one with the problem. Customer Service had me do a bug report so we'll see what happens with that.

They posted about it when crates were introduced and confirmed that the items weren't meant to be able to be unlocked. Sounds like you might have gotten a naive rep, hopefully that goes your way. ;)

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Medullah posted:

They posted about it when crates were introduced and confirmed that the items weren't meant to be able to be unlocked. Sounds like you might have gotten a naive rep, hopefully that goes your way. ;)

The carbonite thing I got, I ended up not filing a ticket after what you said since it was probably a working as intended. The Meditation chamber, that was a direct off the Cartel Market purchase.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ah well I don't pay attention so there's that

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Dumb question, but you did USE it, right?

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Medullah posted:

Dumb question, but you did USE it, right?

First thing I always do. Gotta start playing with the pretties first.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

M_Sinistrari posted:

First thing I always do. Gotta start playing with the pretties first.

I usually do that right before I go to bed, helps me fall asleep.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

sassassin posted:

Sorry, didn't know this was your guild thread. Where's the thread for talking about the game?

If people entered his competitions as fast as they rush to defend him he wouldn't have to post reminders about them so often.

I thought you said you were playing a Bounty Hunter, not a whiny little bitch.

Do we still have a Republic presence on JC? I've been drifting on my chars but I've never joined one of the goon guilds yet.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

fruit on the bottom posted:

Do we still have a Republic presence on JC? I've been drifting on my chars but I've never joined one of the goon guilds yet.
There's Goon Squad, though there's rarely more than 4 people online at any given time and its only raisons d'etre these days appear to be the facilitation of minimal social interaction between TOR-playing goons and granting them a now largely irrelevant XP bonus. I'm fine with it, but if you're looking for something that resembles an actual, active guild, it's probably best to look elsewhere.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Sombrerotron posted:

There's Goon Squad, though there's rarely more than 4 people online at any given time and its only raisons d'etre these days appear to be the facilitation of minimal social interaction between TOR-playing goons and granting them a now largely irrelevant XP bonus. I'm fine with it, but if you're looking for something that resembles an actual, active guild, it's probably best to look elsewhere.

This is pretty much true for both sides. The biggest reason TNG held together for so long was for easy chat, but now that we have Discord we can still BS even if people want to drop the guild and join "Real" guilds. Though I'd still like to get 8 goons at some point interested in doing a weekly raid, even if it's just Story Mode stuff. Pugging is fine, but there's something about the magic of a goon raid, especially when most are drunk.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

There are still so many doors yet to be crushed under...

I don't think I'd be willing to commit to a weekly anything, but I'd for sure be up for trying out the new raid when it comes.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
jesus story mode trial and error is a gigantic pain in the rear end with a long two-phase boss fight.

e: oh story mode and veteran mode are exactly the same with regards to boss hp/damage. cool system.

A Curvy Goonette fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Feb 12, 2017

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Valentine's dance for the contest.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

So just an FYI, it looks like there's a bug where boosts (XP, Valor, Command XP) are randomly disappearing. I think it's tied to warzones, because I was working on valor with my Operative and noticed the boosts wearing off way sooner than expected. Then last night I got one of those 200 command token 100% Galactic Command XP boosts. Ran a few planets and then did a warzone, and noticed it was gone after the warzone. About 30 minutes total. I submitted a bug report and a ticket - the Major Valor Boost I'm not too worried about, but the GCXP boost was not a cheap item.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Oh and apparently reading on the forums the GCXP boosts are 2 hours real time - not paused when you log off or get in a conversation. Awesome.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Real time? Good going there.

Also, updated:

:love::love::love: Oh look, it's time for ANOTHER CONTEST! :love::love::love:

Medullah wants to unload some poo poo from the bank so for those of you who haven't noticed the guild motd he wants to see your best Space-Valentine costume! Bonus points for effective set dressing. Alternatively maybe you hate Valentines? Feel free to express your utter lack of a lovelife distaste for this shameless attempt to cash in on romance and promotion of immorality by dressing with appropriate modesty and instead show off your own personal snub to the smug cherub bastard!

:love:Prizes!:love:
Whatever is left in/donated to the memorial vault. Last check this included numerous companion handler licenses, various mounts and the best regen item in the game!

:love:Deadline!:love:
TBA, probably Valentines day though!

:love:Entries!:love:

M_Sinistrari

RescueFreak

Autism Sneaks

Sombrerotron
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUipryVhesc

Bilirubin

Ossipago

:love:BONUS SEXY SKADGE!:love:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Let's make the deadline tomorrow.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Maybe it would be better to push it to 2/15, since everyone will probably be busy on Valentine's Day

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

Maybe it would be better to push it to 2/15, since everyone will probably be busy on Valentine's Day

We're talking MMORPG players here man. And this has been going since December.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Not to mention the 15th is half price off candy day.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

M_Sinistrari posted:

Not to mention the 15th is half price off candy day.

I retract my suggestion

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.
Okay, time to finally enter the contest. Sadly I do not have a deep reserve of pretty clothes to make my character look nice, but I have something much better, thanks to the generosity of Mercurius:

Aelixana, atop the galaxy's sexiest mount (Mercurius Jr.), preparing for Rishi's gay pride parade.

Look at that adorable loving parrot-lizard-monster. :shobon:

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Is anyone having trouble with today's patch? I keep getting a notice about an unspecified error happening and to try again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

M_Sinistrari posted:

Is anyone having trouble with today's patch? I keep getting a notice about an unspecified error happening and to try again.

Assuming you're using the default bitraider client, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Bioware\Star Wars-The Old Republic\bitraider and delete all of the files that end with .XFR. That will force a check of the game integrity and repair any broken or corrupted files.

• Locked thread