Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Bombadilillo posted:

What do they do?

I feel like this with so many items, a lot of the descriptions are so bad I have no clue what they actually do. I used a Kodama pot, he showed up... waved and left. Ok?

It cost like 300k to get my 40% toughness helm up to my level. It adds like +35-40 toughness compared to the other best heavy helms I'm finding. I don't think I can every replace this thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
is the warrior of the east armor just straight up better for spear users than red demon? the red demon set is solid but the warrior of the east one seems a bit more designed for dedicated spear users. i guess you could theoretically go 5 pieces of WotE and 2 of Red Demon but the only way to do that is to have two spears equipped and that seems unnecessary.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
When you dodge and it does the spooky ghost thing is that the ki recovery dodge

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

verbal enema posted:

Do I need to battle revenants?

They can drop sweet gear. Later game spoilers, the glory they drop is a currency for a new shop that will open up that lets you buy items, most importantly book of reincarnation if they become too expensive at the other shop, and also poses and transformations so you don't have to look like the guy from The Witcher.

Zaphod42 posted:

What guardian spirit is everybody rocking currently?

I'm bat-man.

Initially started with Daiba-Washi, the bird, for evasion Ki usage but when I hit the prestige cap for that element I switched to Enko, the lion. I think I just capped the fire challenge though so time to switch again to a different element.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I rock Daiba-Washi almost entirely on principle. It's a bird with braids.

I switch when I need something else specific, but Daiba-Washi is my fave. Bird has hair.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
When I finished Bat Boss Lady, the mision over screen said I had unlocked a Smithing Text (Something about the Bull... Fuke-ushe or some such...) Where do I find this or use it? I'm in Forge...

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
When you have unlock a nrw smithing text, when you select Forge, it will say "you handed over smithing text" and the item(s) will now be available to be forged. So whatever item you got the text for is now craftable.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Zaphod42 posted:

What guardian spirit is everybody rocking currently?

I'm bat-man.

Still the bird I picked at the start. Or the spider if my weapon doesn't have any elemental damage.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Snak posted:

When you have unlock a nrw smithing text, when you select Forge, it will say "you handed over smithing text" and the item(s) will now be available to be forged. So whatever item you got the text for is now craftable.

Except it didn't say that when I went to the forge and I don't think I see that item anywhere. But I thought it was armor, let me double check if it's a weapon.

[edit] Nope no evidence of it.

[ed] Oh wait no, my bad, It;s a reward description for Mission 3. Sorry, long day. :)

Feenix fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Feb 12, 2017

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Deified Data posted:

Lifeseal Talisman was definitely the way to go with Muneshige, so thanks whoever suggested that. Not sure how you're expected to win without it.

By letting him run out of ki normally, dude uses up a ton constantly.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

verbal enema posted:

When you dodge and it does the spooky ghost thing is that the ki recovery dodge

So yeah this am I doing this like I think

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

UGH why is there a water level, this is so demoralizing. So much Amrita at the bottom of the ocean

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
There's a sewer level, too. With a really great debuff.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

for the life of me i cannot find what wall killed him, there's no magic walls around here

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Thumbtacks posted:

There's a sewer level, too. With a really great debuff.
It took me a while to figure out what it even did. Then it was very obvious.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Thumbtacks posted:

for the life of me i cannot find what wall killed him, there's no magic walls around here

I found one of those in one of the sub missions for where you fight the bat chick, it was sitting near the hot spring which made no sense.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I'm pretty sure they have a near infinite aggro range.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
2nd session playing and just beat Hino Enma, god drat what a hard fight. I had to go through multiple iterations of strategy including crafting the Ninjitsu Paralysis Pellets (which are insanely useful for that fight because you can activate them while paralyzed)

Finally killed her cheesing with the Kurigama High Stance heavy sniper attack

Feels good tho, not having too much trouble now with combat besides bosses, HE took me probably 25 tries or so but it's clicking finally

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Getting skeleton niggas to follow off cliffs to burst into bits is v fun and also effective

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Zaphod42 posted:

That tail grab is a nasty surprise. I actually laughed at it, I haven't actually seen a boss do a grab attack from behind like that before. But with the tail animation, it makes sense. And then you watch for it next time.

Yep! He even does it earlier in the video but it missed and I thought it was just a cute tail wiggle, not an attack.

So I'm around level 90 and have kind of a lovely problem. I've been rocking medium armor all game but now with Stamina at 15 and Skill at 10 there's pretty much no armor I can actually wear. All the light armor requires Skill of 12 or above and the medium armor's weight has crept up so high that an all medium set puts me over 70%. That honestly kinda sucks! I have no use for Stamina and you barely get any extra carrying capacity for each level you pump into it. Ugh.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
So if you equip two katana you don't get to see both of them why :c

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

UGH why is there a water level, this is so demoralizing. So much Amrita at the bottom of the ocean

If you die with lots of amrita just use a summoner's candle to get it back

The game gives you wayyyyy too many of them

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Thumbtacks posted:

Bloodstains appear to be based on the level geography, not the mission. So it could be that there is no wall on that mission, but there is on another?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Edit: disregard.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
*pushed off cliffs by bats*

I just want to play the game

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
So long as "Bloody Grave: Pushed off cliff by bats" isn't a thing, the bats will continue to be a bullshit enemy.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
any idea what katana has this sheath? it's incredible, I must have it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Thumbtacks posted:

any idea what katana has this sheath? it's incredible, I must have it.

That's a dual sword.

As for bats, just block dude.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I was wondering why this level wasn't covered with graves saying "Drowned" and then I turned on my online connection

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
gently caress bat bitch

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
You can also hear bats, like if they are within 20 feet of you. And you can shoot them.

Edit: prot tip: don't get so drunk that you redo the main mission instead of the submission.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Just beat the fifth mission. I hate levels where you can fall to your death and flan-type enemies are dumb so this was just a total clusterfuck. 99 deaths in 4 hr 22 min. Also my amrita lost is up to 207,028. I used a guide to find the kodama because exploring was not fun at all

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Just beat the fifth mission. I hate levels where you can fall to your death and flan-type enemies are dumb so this was just a total clusterfuck. 99 deaths in 4 hr 22 min. Also my amrita lost is up to 207,028. I used a guide to find the kodama because exploring was not fun at all

Use divination talismans from the magic tree :ssh:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Use divination talismans from the magic tree :ssh:

I am! But there's always one that is a long way down a path that I didn't even see so it never appears on my minimap

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Use the right-hand rule, like a child solving a maze.

Edit: 420.slay yokai erry day

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

That is what I do in levels where walls protect me from falling to my death

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I was so excited to go deep, deep in Ninjitsu. Pumped dexterity, got the entire Iga Ninja set in purple. Had a Kusarigama doing 400+ damage and enough Ninjitsu points to get anything I wanted.

Turns out the Kusarigama is awkward against non-human enemies, and no force on earth can make Ninjitsu do respectable damage. Back to the sword with me.
Should I avoid going deep into magic, for this same reason? I love the utility stuff and want to like the damaging stuff but I've been burned before.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Dude if you're saying you can't find all the kodama because you walk off cliffs if there aren't walls to stop you, I don't know what to say.

I'm not very good at this game, but kodama are not unfairly hidden.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

fadam posted:

What's the conch shell for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmeWVSa2D80

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Snak posted:

Dude if you're saying you can't find all the kodama because you walk off cliffs if there aren't walls to stop you, I don't know what to say.

I'm not very good at this game, but kodama are not unfairly hidden.

Christ, I don't really give a gently caress what you think.

There's one kodama in mission 5 that involves crossing three narrow planks, climbing up a ladder, snaking around a set of rooftops, then going behind a piece of broken debris that looks impassable, then snaking across the roofs of three other buildings to go to the far corner of the map where there is literally nothing else except that one kodama and an enemy to knock you into the water. I already had 8 of 9 and I didn't want to spend any more time looking for it