Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Ascendancy combo has a wishboard, fwiw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

C-Euro posted:

This deck confuses me and fills me with a sense of dread. But I do love a good wishboard, I wish (:downsrim:) they were legal in Modern but they'd probably be too good, or at least make combo decks better than Wizards probably wants them to be.
Its got infinite lines. Its not good, but its fun. It makes ridiculous amounts of mana, finding a way to win that mana is the though part.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

C-Euro posted:

This deck confuses me and fills me with a sense of dread. But I do love a good wishboard, I wish (:downsrim:) they were legal in Modern but they'd probably be too good, or at least make combo decks better than Wizards probably wants them to be.

Glittering wiiiiish

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Jabor posted:

Ascendancy combo has a wishboard, fwiw

Molybdenum posted:

Glittering wiiiiish

I had no idea people still played that deck TBH. I can't imagine the Probe ban did it any favors.

Speaking of weird Modern decks, I had a couple of different Mardu decklists saved from way back when and I realized that I'm pretty close to having everything I need to build them-

Deck: Mardu Tokens

//Lands
1 Blood Crypt
4 Bloodstained Mire
2 Concealed Courtyard
2 Godless Shrine
3 Marsh Flats
1 Mountain
4 Plains
2 Sacred Foundry
2 Shambling Vent
2 Swamp
1 Vault of the Archangel

//Spells
2 Fatal Push
3 Inquisition of Kozilek
4 Intangible Virtue
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Lingering Souls
3 Path to Exile
3 Raise the Alarm
2 Secure the Wastes
2 Sorin, Solemn Visitor
2 Thoughtseize

//Creatures
3 Monastery Mentor
1 Purphoros, God of the Forge
3 Young Pyromancer

//Sideboard
1 Crumble to Dust
1 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
1 Hero of Bladehold
2 Leyline of the Void
1 Murderous Cut
1 Oblivion Ring
2 Painful Truths
2 Stony Silence
2 Surgical Extraction
2 Wear // Tear

Display deck statistics

Deck: Mardu Midrange

//Lands
1 Arid Mesa
2 Blood Crypt
4 Bloodstained Mire
1 Concealed Courtyard
2 Godless Shrine
3 Marsh Flats
2 Mountain
2 Plains
3 Sacred Foundry
2 Swamp

//Spells
2 Fatal Push
3 Inquisition of Kozilek
2 Kolaghan's Command
4 Lightning Bolt
3 Lightning Helix
4 Lingering Souls
2 Painful Truths
2 Path to Exile
2 Sorin, Solemn Visitor
2 Terminate
2 Thoughtseize

//Creatures
3 Monastery Mentor
4 Monastery Swiftspear
3 Young Pyromancer

//Sideboard
1 Crumble to Dust
1 Fatal Push
1 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
2 Kor Firewalker
2 Leyline of the Void
1 Path to Exile
2 Stony Silence
2 Surgical Extraction
1 Thoughtseize
2 Zealous Persecution

Display deck statistics

The lists were a couple years old so I tried to freshen them up with some new stuff or things I already have. Is there something here worth developing further? Anyone play something like this? I'm pretty sure I copied the original lists from here...

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011
Regionals decklists are up. Lots of spice in there, including storm, living end, landfall aggro with renegade rallier, and BUG delver.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

that storm list is sweet as hell. i completely forgot merchant scroll is modern legal

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

uninverted posted:

Regionals decklists are up. Lots of spice in there, including storm, living end, landfall aggro with renegade rallier, and BUG delver.

HOLY poo poo BLACK/RED PACK RAT

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

uninverted posted:

yesssssssss Sun and Moon won a regionals.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

uninverted posted:

Cool stuff! Starting to feel a little weird for seemingly being the only person on the planet running RG Breach without SSG. Also if it weren't for the Goyfs I would be shockingly close to being able to build that BUG Delver list. Someday!

E: And yes that Rat deck is sweet. I totally forgot about Rabblemaster, why am I not running it in that tokens list I just posted?

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Feb 7, 2017

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

C-Euro posted:

E: And yes that Rat deck is sweet. I totally forgot about Rabblemaster, why am I not running it in that tokens list I just posted?

because it makes spot removal live against you

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011
I picked up the new gifts ungiven storm deck since it was super cheap on MODO, and it feels really really strong. You can go off deterministically on T3 with just a ritual and gifts ungiven if you managed to stick a baral/electromancer the previous turn, and there are tons of hands that win on T3 or T4 from an empty board. Playing baral on T3 and remanding their T4 play to loot a past in flames into your graveyard is also the most disgusting thing ever.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

uninverted posted:

I picked up the new gifts ungiven storm deck since it was super cheap on MODO, and it feels really really strong. You can go off deterministically on T3 with just a ritual and gifts ungiven if you managed to stick a baral/electromancer the previous turn, and there are tons of hands that win on T3 or T4 from an empty board. Playing baral on T3 and remanding their T4 play to loot a past in flames into your graveyard is also the most disgusting thing ever.

Got a link or a list?

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011

The March Hare posted:

Got a link or a list?

Sure, I found it here along with a nice guide and a video series.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

uninverted posted:

guess storm has to get a piece banned again

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
The Tabernacle is at the post office. Tomorrow, she is complete:

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer

EvilBeard posted:

That must feel good. Lands is a worthy, honorable deck.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

EvilBeard posted:

Welcome to the fold azn lands brother.

Mine's all mixed though. Still ISO 3 more Korean Explorations so I can ditch the JP ones.

The March Hare fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Feb 10, 2017

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

The March Hare posted:

Welcome to the fold azn lands brother.

Mine's all mixed though. Still ISO 3 more Korean Explorations so I can ditch the JP ones.

My next project is moving toward FBB duals, but real life things are in order before that.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

edit: wrong thread

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

EvilBeard posted:

where are the brainstorms

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Sultai Delver in Legacy is sweet and fun.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

mcmagic posted:

Sultai Delver in Legacy is sweet and fun.

This has been my go-to for a couple years now, despite being able to make every other top tier Legacy deck. Excluding those Lands decks because :rolleyes:Tabernacle:rolleyes:.

I'm working on my Fatal Push/Dismember split; Eldrazi is still a menace 'round here so I'm keeping at least one Dismember.

Vital Signs
Oct 17, 2007
I am super excited to do Modern in Indy at the end of the month. Now to decide on a deck.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Took my newly finished Lands deck to FNM, and finished 3-1. I lost the Lands mirror, which is intricate, yet excruciating. I beat Infect, BUG, and BR Reanimator. I think I need to tweak my board a bit for my meta.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

EvilBeard posted:

Took my newly finished Lands deck to FNM, and finished 3-1. I lost the Lands mirror, which is intricate, yet excruciating. I beat Infect, BUG, and BR Reanimator. I think I need to tweak my board a bit for my meta.

Took my newly finished Affinity deck to FNM, and finished 3-1. I lost the Affinity mirror, due to keeping a bad hand with bad draws. I beat BW Tokens, Grixis Delver, and RG Scapeshift. I still need one more Mox Opal.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

myDad posted:

Took my newly finished Affinity deck to FNM, and finished 3-1. I lost the Affinity mirror, due to keeping a bad hand with bad draws. I beat BW Tokens, Grixis Delver, and RG Scapeshift. I still need one more Mox Opal.

Was it Scapeshift Scapeshift or RG Breach that's also running Scapeshift? I've been on the straight Breach version for a few events and like it, but I have yet to play the Affinity matchup which is one that worries me on paper. How did that match go?

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

C-Euro posted:

Was it Scapeshift Scapeshift or RG Breach that's also running Scapeshift? I've been on the straight Breach version for a few events and like it, but I have yet to play the Affinity matchup which is one that worries me on paper. How did that match go?

It was Scapeshift Scapeshift. Tbh the match was like most wherein if he drew well he would've won & if I drew better I would've won faster (we both drew mediocre & I went 2-0)

e: Affinity is probably a bad matchup for you esp if they Thoughtseize you post-board

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

EvilBeard posted:

That's all I am.missing for traditional Lands and I can't bring myself to buy it.

Even making over 6 figures these days I just cant make myself spend the money on one.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

where are the brainstorms

To the right of the Gambles

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Johnny Landmine posted:

To the right of the Gambles

Heh.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Which version of Suital Delver is better? The combo hate version with Stifle and multiple Spell Pierce main or the Midrange Grindfest with Hymms and Lilianas and MD Discard? I also feel like cutting the Gofys for Mandrils is correct right now since Fatal Push is a beating and a half... Thoughts?

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Meta call

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

EvilBeard posted:

super pretty but that deck is bad IMO it doesn't have a single elf in it

i think BUG is way better these days now that it's reliably got 5-6 elfs in it. makes it 6/30s as good as the deck with 30 elfs

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
what the gently caress am i doing with my life

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Tim Raines IRL posted:

what the gently caress am i doing with my life

being cool and playing berserk.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

oh, you're on elves? No, it's a new deck called Delves, you've probably never heard of it

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i do not understand that deck at all

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Take Elves, make it worse. There you go.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

assume your opponent will bolt your first three drops, then play an angler, berserk it and swing in with a couple nettle sentinels i think

not good, but hilarious. like most of my brews. i think this is less playable than my suicide delver list tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Tim Raines IRL posted:

not good, but hilarious. like most of my brews. i think this is less playable than my suicide delver list tho

That's really hard to accomplish. Congrats.