Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i cant decide if i dislike the word 'meta' or 'tiers' most

e: apart from the fact nobody is henry-tier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
why would you dislike either

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Philip Rivers posted:

Takumi might not even the best neutral nuke and I dunno how favored Camilla is in the meta right now. Lucina is arguably the best character in the game and Legendary Heroes actually has a marginally better 5* pull rate so maybe consider weighing that, though you do have a lot of good red lords otherwise.

Takumi would improve your lineup more in the short term but you could always pull a Kagero, and you'll probably miss Lucina more if you miss out now. Kind of a wash :shrug:

Yeah, what I'm really lacking is kind of a healer or a good ranged nuker. Robin's been kinda lack luster in raw damage, so far.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Tier is a less useful word than meta imo.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Cosmic Afro posted:

Yeah, what I'm really lacking is kind of a healer or a good ranged nuker. Robin's been kinda lack luster in raw damage, so far.

M Robin is more of a defensive mage than someone who's gonna put out big nukes. His main purpose is to be a neutral nuke counter by buffing your frontline so they don't get one rounded by a Takumi/Kagero and then hit back with triangle advantage. Helps that red lords are common too since he can check those to some degree.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Philip Rivers posted:

M Robin is more of a defensive mage than someone who's gonna put out big nukes. His main purpose is to be a neutral nuke counter by buffing your frontline so they don't get one rounded by a Takumi/Kagero and then hit back with triangle advantage. Helps that red lords are common too since he can check those to some degree.

Yeeaaah I should've waited, I got hosed.

Wrys, Oboro, Donnel(4*), Est and Florina 3*

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Does SP carry over between promotions btw?

Cosmic Afro posted:

Yeeaaah I should've waited, I got hosed.

Wrys, Oboro, Donnel(4*), Est and Florina 3*

That sucks :(

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Philip Rivers posted:

Does SP carry over between promotions btw?

That sucks :(

Yeah, my Robin kept all his SP when I boosted him from 3* to 4*, so I bought his upgraded weapon immediatedly.

Annnnnd... well, I should've seen it coming, all I saw was blue and one non-color. I just hope that the freemium currency wont be a terrible trickle that takes forever to get somewhere.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

TheKingofSprings posted:

Honestly kind of want to quit this, it's really discouraging going in and seeing a team full of really good 5* units in the arena.

Sorry you got my bad arena luck. I clowned all three opponents today for once. First match gave me Takumi for both easy and medium and Hard was a Roy. I went with the Roy and my Roy just beat his Roy to death in a hilarious no holds barred roybattle. All the others were surprisingly takumi free. I don't know if they fixed the balance, or if just getting all of my units above level 30 cleared out the takumi queue.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Just got a 7 round advanced battle streak in the arena with a team of Lucina, Robin, Takumi, and Serra. Not the highest possible score since Serra isn't on bonus and I lost a unit during a battle, but still jumped my rank up from around 51000 to 4449. I thought I was in trouble when I got a Fae, Double Takumi, Jakob matchup but then the two Takumi's ran themselves headfirst into my Robin and Takumi on round 1 and it was mop up from there.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I was gonna hold on to my orbs but decided since I had a 3.5% rolling 5* chance on banner 1, gently caress it I'll pull.

I guess Roy's my boy now. Binding Blade in combination with Seal Def seems silly as hell. :v:

Also this now makes it so I have a 5* axe, lance, and sword user hooray! (Camilla, Peri, and Roy respectively)

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Eopia posted:

Just got a 7 round advanced battle streak in the arena with a team of Lucina, Robin, Takumi, and Serra. Not the highest possible score since Serra isn't on bonus and I lost a unit during a battle, but still jumped my rank up from around 51000 to 4449. I thought I was in trouble when I got a Fae, Double Takumi, Jakob matchup but then the two Takumi's ran themselves headfirst into my Robin and Takumi on round 1 and it was mop up from there.

Based on my own experiences, I don't think you get any score bonus for using a bonus character beyond the first. Your score might go up very slightly, but that's just from those characters having better stats and therefore changing your matchups.

Specifically, I've been switching Camilla with Nino (who are now both level 40), and the score hardly goes up at all. Certainly not a full 0.3, which would be quite noticeable. The high score guide linked earlier didn't mention anything like that either.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Clarste posted:

Based on my own experiences, I don't think you get any score bonus for using a bonus character beyond the first. Your score might go up very slightly, but that's just from those characters having better stats and therefore changing your matchups.

Specifically, I've been switching Camilla with Nino (who are now both level 40), and the score hardly goes up at all. Certainly not a full 0.3, which would be quite noticeable. The high score guide linked earlier didn't mention anything like that either.

Oh I see, I was under the impression that the bonus increased for every member. In that case the only score I lost out on was due to stat totals, the one death, and my Serra being level 39 instead of 40.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Wait, Olivia isn't actually able to dance at the star level she comes from the daily with? Now I understand Yuri Lowenthal's disdain.

E: And don't give me poo poo about the feather cost being cheap, grinding to 20 isn't nothing if you're playing casually like me.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

AlphaKretin posted:

Wait, Olivia isn't actually able to dance at the star level she comes from the daily with? Now I understand Yuri Lowenthal's disdain.

E: And don't give me poo poo about the feather cost being cheap, grinding to 20 isn't nothing if you're playing casually like me.

If she started with dance and no sword she wouldn't be able to level at all.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

AlphaKretin posted:

The hard scenario quests give 1500 universal shards for finishing each chapter's last level. I just rocketed mine to 20 twice and now she's 4*.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Just to be absolutely sure: mounted mages count as cavalry, right? I figure I can make Cecilia part of my B-team so I can tackle that Lunatic quest.

Edit: Oh nevermind, looks like you sort by movement type and it'll show the class icons.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
gently caress you level 35 Narcian, I don't have a unit res tanky enough to wall off your green cavalry mage and I don't have the time to overlevel for you

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
having +def/res sounds good since most matches seems to consist of baiting the enemy and praying to god that they don't oneshot everyone

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I guess considering how cavalry mages own me the hardest, I should really get to leveling that Sakura I rolled the other day

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I think my Felicia is +Res/-Def which makes her a mage killing machine.

And an everything-killing machine when Glacie hits.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Figured I'd give this 5 pull a shot since it had 2 colorless and 3 reds.

These fools are useless.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Alright, cleared normal 9-5. From a gameplay standpoint my opinion is, 1. Calvary mages are BS, so it's fortunate the AI is so exploitable, and 2. Fire whoever signed off on foreground clouds obscuring map features.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Clawtopsy posted:

i cant decide if i dislike the word 'meta' or 'tiers' most

e: apart from the fact nobody is henry-tier
Ya it's kinda silly. A lot of the other characters are pretty good in their own right and the meta is basically the whales meta because I see no way to break top 1000 without some very specific stuff and maybe even merges. And if you can't break top 1000 then all you need to worry about is losing 500-1500 feathers if you fall short of top 5000 and end up in top 15000 or top 50000. And it's only going to get harder as more people play probably so the ranked feathers are whatever for some.

I hope the co-op mode rewards feathers for those who hate PvP.

If anything I hope the arena quests are a regular thing. I don't think many people know there's additional rounds hidden behind the first round so there's even more feathers buried in there.

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Feb 12, 2017

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

I think I'll just give up on summoning Robin at all, on the flipside I managed to finally get a 4* Kagero from my mass summoning for Robin.

After Leveling her to 20 and mass sending my excess units, I've decided to bite the bullet and use my 20K feathers to 5* her.

She was much better then I thought, especially after upgrading her weapon and maxing warding blow. Later on I took her into arena with Takumi, Sheena and Linde and got 3 7 win streaks straight with them.

Also got to find out what the stats of my new arena is:

Kagero: +Atk/-Spd
Linde: +Res/-Def
Takumi: +Atk/-Res
Sheena: +HP/-Atk

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
How's Minerva? Got her as a 5 star pull.

Also now have 4 star cain to match my 5 star Abel :getin:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Can you chump the meta by running a team at level 1 right when you pull a focus character?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Is there an effective way to power leveling? Training tower seems pretty drat slow. My guys are in the 20s and I wanna try for the wyvern guy...

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

I pulled this off by boosting everyone's speed with Clarine's ougi heal so that Corrin could double the archer and rallying Takumi's attack so he could oneshot the blue cav mage. :black101:

I averaged 5 levels under them, 33 Takumi tho

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Majinfefnir13 posted:

I think I'll just give up on summoning Robin at all, on the flipside I managed to finally get a 4* Kagero from my mass summoning for Robin.

How do you get a grey when pulling for a blue?

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

sassassin posted:

How do you get a grey when pulling for a blue?

I took all the other summons orbs on the off chance I get a decent unit from them I don't have like Hector, Ryoma, Tharja and Kagero.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

FFBE omega whale/streamer Ziss spent 2000 orbs (over a thousand dollars) trying to find Hector. he didn't get him

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
I just pulled a Female Corrin. My Arena team is now looking to be Young Tiki, F Corrin, Olivia and Lilina. Corrin now covers my Robin weakness and helps me kill Takumi and swordlords even harder. The only weakness I can see is Linde since all my damage is resistance based. Also, Tiki is my only 5 star so Corrin might not hit the speed she needs to double attack Takumi. And my Lilina is -attack natured. So overall not the greatest team ever, but good enough to hopefully hit top 10k next week. 2000 extra feathers would be nice.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Trihugger posted:

I just pulled a Female Corrin. My Arena team is now looking to be Young Tiki, F Corrin, Olivia and Lilina. Corrin now covers my Robin weakness and helps me kill Takumi and swordlords even harder. The only weakness I can see is Linde since all my damage is resistance based. Also, Tiki is my only 5 star so Corrin might not hit the speed she needs to double attack Takumi. And my Lilina is -attack natured. So overall not the greatest team ever, but good enough to hopefully hit top 10k next week. 2000 extra feathers would be nice.

What's your game plan for a Linde?

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I wonder how much a whale would pay for a rerolled account that pulled hector and takumi. On the logic that whales are definitely not the best at long term decisions.

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
WHAT AM I SAPOSE TO DO WITH ALL THESE FEATHERS!?

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

TheKingofSprings posted:

What's your game plan for a Linde?

I'm not sure yet. :v:. My Corrin is +atk natured so I'll have to see how that works out. If I had any other ranged character that hit as hard as Lilina, even with -atk nature, I'd replace her. But I think the only candidates are Takumi, Kagero or Linde herself. Unfortunately I don't have those characters.

Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.
I'm new and trying to figure it out. When you say five pull, are you talking about these?

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Yes. And when you do pull from it, every subsequent pull in the 5 revealed costs less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Trihugger posted:

Falchion wielders may be annoying....