Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

the best is that saying thats from legend of zelda would probably prove that point instead of refuting it

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

don't doxx me :(

Yellow Ant
Feb 28, 2016
This whole account is MAGA gibberish

https://twitter.com/stopstophillary/status/830502766900555777

https://twitter.com/stopstophillary/status/830614871632908288

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

BobbyK posted:

They'll protect and ride with Nazis but the KKK exists because they hate people. What

Well nazis aren't as bad because the holocaust didn't actually happen

mods: it deffo did happen

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Zelda is building a wall and the Gerudo are paying for it.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Pastry of the Year posted:

Some of you may have seen this before, but here are a series of comments from a single poster on a review of the movie S1m0ne. Go get a sandwich; this is a long, wild ride:
Idiots on Social Media: it is like being raped by Satan
Idiots on Social Media: the semen of most tentacle monsters is full of supernatural aphrodisiacs
Idiots on Social Media: For a laugh I tend to make the semen shoot out their ears
Idiots on Social Media: To this day I remain celibate.

Only this kind of hosed up soul could enjoy the steaming pile of poo poo that is S1m0ne, a terrible movie by an otherwise good director.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

ghost emoji posted:

edit: whoops didn't realize the original image was that big

Our terrible grandfathers, going overseas and shooting Nazis. What the Nazis really needed was a safe-space.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/kathbarbadoro/status/830691631498162176

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3TTKg5Ufms

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruef7aYCEbc

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I'm asking but I'm not sure I want to know. What does RP mean in this text?

Edit: sorry I mean about the original text shared, not the YouTube.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

WrenP-Complete posted:

I'm asking but I'm not sure I want to know. What does RP mean in this text?

Edit: sorry I mean about the original text shared, not the YouTube.

Since it's MRA poo poo, I'm guessing red pill.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Yeah, BP/RP is blue pill/red pill.

As a palate cleanser, here is a post from the imgur frontpage about someone documenting their transition while on hormone therapy and the comments are shockingly positive and supportive for once :aaaaa:

http://imgur.com/gallery/3DNJp

E: Goddamn that's a lotta comments... I made the trek down and well there are still disgusting hateful ones but at least they are in the bad comment section so that's pretty good by imgur standards.

Fathis Munk has a new favorite as of 15:46 on Feb 12, 2017

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Fathis Munk posted:

Yeah, BP/RP is blue pill/red pill.

As a palate cleanser, here is a post from the imgur frontpage about someone documenting their transition while on hormone therapy and the comments are shockingly positive and supportive for once :aaaaa:

http://imgur.com/gallery/3DNJp

E: Goddamn that's a lotta comments... I made the trek down and well there are still disgusting hateful ones but at least they are in the bad comment section so that's pretty good by imgur standards.

She has great style in general but that Christmas tree sweater is everything.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Wait, did her bald spot grow back in on hrt? What?

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

:vince:

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Wait is my uncle's bullshit "I'm only bald because I have excess testosterone" excuse correct?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

She could have got a hair transplant? :shrug:

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

"Masonic Illuminati?" Those are two separate groups, and one is real.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

If you read the notes under the photos, she mentions she was using medical hair loss treatments.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

You can see the picture in the background as well! ILUMINAZIS confirmed!

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

RillAkBea posted:

If you read the notes under the photos, she mentions she was using medical hair loss treatments.

Also, some folks do get hair regrowth while on hrt.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I'm tired. Someone else wanna rip this one apart?

(title is "what women pretend to be equality").

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

BigglesSWE posted:

I think the commentary is "making everything equal will just inconvenience men", which is a surprisingly honest bit of misogyny.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

BigglesSWE posted:

Urinals might be fast but they are loving disgusting. Tear them all down and build toilet booths.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Fathis Munk posted:

Dear Totally Excellent Rationalist Friends:

As a transhumanist and someone with a long, long history of fantasizing about having the property, I am of course strongly in favor of there being social norms and institutions that are carefully designed to help people achieve their lifelong dream of acquiring the property, or rather, the best approximation thereof that is achievable given the marked limitations of existing technology.

However, it's also kind of important to notice that fantasizing about having the property without having yet sought out interventions to acquire the property, is not the same thing as somehow already literally having the property in some unspecified metaphysical sense! The process of attempting to acquire the property does not propagate backwards in time!

This is not an advanced rationality skill! This is the "distinguishing fantasy from reality" skill! I realize that explaining this in clear language has the potential to hurt some people's feelings! Unfortunately, as an aspiring epistemic rationalist (epistemic rationality is the only kind of rationality; "instrumental rationality" is a phrase someone made up in order to make themselves feel better about lying), I have a GODDAMNED MORAL RESPONSIBILITY to hurt that person's feelings!

People should get what they want. We should have social norms that are carefully designed to help people get what they want. Unfortunately, helping people get the things that they want is a hard problem, because people are complicated and the world is complicated. That's why, when renegotiating social norms to apply to a historically unprecedented situation, it's important to have a meta-norm of not socially punishing people for clearly describing a hypothesis about the nature of the problem people are trying to solve, even if the hypothesis hurts someone's feelings, and even if there would probably be genuinely bad consequences if the hypothesis were to be believed by the masses of ordinary dumb people who hate our guts anyway.

I'm proud of my history of fantasizing about having the property, and I'm proud of my rationalist community, and I don't want either of them taken over by CRAZY PEOPLE WHO THINK THEY CAN EDIT THE PAST.

Fathis Munk posted:

Can you be more explicit about the ways that people are trying to edit the past? Maybe we can intervene?

People keep linking this GODDAMNED article: https://medium.com/@jencoates/i-am-a-transwoman-i-am-in-the-closet-i-am-not-coming-out-4c2dd1907e42#.83txlyfqq and taking it ENTIRELY SERIOUSLY and piously being like, "So brave! This woman's voice needs to be heard!" And I'm like, I agree that the author seems to be in a lot of pain, and we can sympathize with this pain, and try to help people like the author find interventions to make their lives better! But like, it's kind of weird to say that he IS already literally a woman BECAUSE HE SAYS SO, even though he also explicitly says he's NOT PLANNING TO TRANSITION! (He said it in the loving title!) Like, if you actually go through the WORK of taking hormones and getting hair removal and training your voice and so forth, I'm proud and happy to join the coalition of people enforcing the social norm that this person should deserve the social role of "woman" and that anyone who misgenders her should be shamed, even if she doesn't quite pass. But nowadays there seems to be a disturbingly large coalition of people trying to enforce the social norm that "gender" (whatever that means) is SOLELY a matter of self-identification and people should be socially punished for saying that the author of the blog post is not a woman. And like, I agree that if you carefully gerrymander the definitions of words in order to get the answer that you want, then you can get the answer that you want! But I want to use words to DESCRIBE REALITY! And one unfortunate feature of reality is that BIOLOGICAL SEX is a REAL THING that we're unfortunately not very good at changing (http://lesswrong.com/lw/xe/changing_emotions/).

Fathis Munk posted:

And, what's the relevant hypothesis here?

The "female gender identity" experienced by non-exclusively-androphilic trans women is a misinterpretation of misdirected male sexuality and, in fact, doesn't have anything in particular to do with what actual women feel.

Fathis Munk posted:

Is it possible that your hypothesis is true for some but not all trans women? The thing that's unpopular is telling people an explanation that invalidates their experience of the phenomena, I think.

It's getting to the point where I actually trust the theory more than any particular contradictory self-report! I know, that sounds ludicrously arrogant, right? But I keep meeting people who get extremely offended when you cite Blanchard et al. or use the word "autogynephilia", and then go on to happily endorse Anne Vitale: http://www.avitale.com/developmentalreview.htm who is making the SAME observations and arriving at the SAME taxonomy but dressing it up in socially-desirable language!

^^ "As sexual maturity advances, Group Three, cloistered gender dysphoric boys, often combine excessive masturbation (one individual reported masturbating up to 5 and even 6 times a day) with an increase in secret cross-dressing activity to release anxiety."

TO RELEASE ANXIETY. Their horrible, crippling GENDER EXPRESSION DEPREVATION ANXIETY.

like, I'm sorry to annoy everyone with this obnoxious nine-month public meltdown and I humbly except that people might not want to be my friend or invite me to parties, but the rationality community is supposed to be the one goddamed bastion of sanity in the entire goddamned world, and I still see REALLY REALLY SMART people falling for "TRANS WOMEN ARE WOMEN" as their rallying slogan, when OBVIOUSLY the rallying slogan should be, "FEARLESSLY UNDERSTAND THE NATURE OF THE UNDERLYING PSYCHOLOGICAL CONDITION IN AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE, THEN CHOOSE QUALITY OF LIFE INTERVENTIONS BASED ON THEIR ACTUAL COSTS AND BENEFITS"

like, from my perspective the world really just looks like there's this beautiful feeling at the center of my life that has shaped me more than almost anything else, which turns out to be not that uncommon, and EVERYONE IS LYING ABOUT WHAT THE THING IS

I know "everyone is deliberately lying" is not psychologically plausible! BUT THAT JUST MAKES IT WORSE

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Dejawesp posted:

Urinals might be fast but they are loving disgusting. Tear them all down and build toilet booths.

Have you been in a men's booth? The urinal is the lesser evil.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Dejawesp posted:

Why do you say this, friend? I don't agree and would like to know your reasoning.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

Sad lions posted:

Really? They're pretty nice over here.

oldpainless posted:

Why do you say this, friend? I don't agree and would like to know your reasoning.

It's all pee. The wall is pee. The floor is pee. The flush button is totally pee.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I can see your POV but everything is already covered in urine and fecal matter in a public restroom anyway. You wash your hands yeah but there is a patina of excrement all over you as soon as you enter the restroom.

Anyway I'm gonna go get some lunch.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
The local toilets to me are unisex and completely separate rooms accessible from the outside with a basin etc. So there is no interaction at all or enclosed space that people share. They are very clean. It's way better than the old style ones.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

I've never in my life felt the need to give someone a wedgie before, but here we are.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

I've never in my life felt the need to give someone a wedgie before, but here we are.

Some of you may have noticed that I've recently decided to wage a suicidally aggressive one-person culture war campaign with the aim of liberating mindshare from the delusional victimhood identity politics mind-virus and bringing it under the control of our familiar "compete for status by signaling cynical self-awareness" egregore! The latter is actually probably not as Friendly as we like to think, as some unknown fraction of its output is counterfeit utility in the form of seemingly cynically self-aware insights that are, in fact, not true. Even if the fraction of counterfeit insights is near unity, the competition to generate seemingly cynically self-aware insights is so obviously much healthier than the competition for designated victimhood status, that I feel good about this campaign being morally correct, even the amount of mindshare liberated is small and I personally don't survive.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Sad lions posted:

Women's bathrooms aren't much better and can be worse at times. Women pee on the seat just as much as men, because there are women who hover over the toilet seat to avoid having their rear end touch it. Or they put squares of toilet paper on the seat and just leave them there. Then you have the added bonus of pads and tampons sometimes.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

oldpainless posted:

I can see your POV but everything is already covered in urine and fecal matter in a public restroom anyway. You wash your hands yeah but there is a patina of excrement all over you as soon as you enter the restroom.

Anyway I'm gonna go get some lunch.

Fixed. The entire planet is covered in gross poo poo that we just don't think about.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

bean_shadow posted:

... who hover over the toilet seat to avoid having their rear end touch it...

I always wondered how in the hell people at my office managed to poop on the seats. It never occurred to me people could be that dumb. Clearly I'm the idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
We are all like 60% poo poo so you might as well embrace it and stop complaining.