Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

That's essence of Shadowrun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

We have juggalos irl too.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I know I'm living in the future because this music plays every time I start making a post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjlkmBLw2DE

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Surely it should be this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqLFcXZHdMs

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SNES ShadowRun is better than the Megadrive one. :colbert:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

This is the undisputed truth.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

I once no-lie saw two people get into an actual screaming fit over this.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh hey

http://imgur.com/gallery/l1RQgmV

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kinda cute but honestly not very fun to play. It drives home why the 3D Sonics went for the Homing Attack for sure.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
For Honor ate up more of my Nioh time than I was expecting. It's a strange fighting game with light MOBA elements more than the Smite-like I think I was envisioning. Every mode has been fun and it has a multiplayer territory system like that Soul Caliber game so every match in some way helps a much larger battle. There a strange jankiness to the combat at times with the way characters go into their attacks or block, but I know a lot of that is just me not being familiar with the system. It feels like there a lot of depth in the fighting system that I won't completely glen until I watch some videos.

The wife also played through The Fire in the Flood yesterday. She liked it but we couldn't tell if the game could be turned off and continued from that spot later, so we did it in one long run. I thought there were a lot of non-gameplay affecting bugs and one that eliminated the biggest threat in the questline. Design-wise, I think it creates a wall with how resource intensive it is to defeat enemies which in turn limits the accessible resources.

How's everyone's morning?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I just had fun knocking gigantic icicles off my roof. The heated wiring is good but not perfect it seems, it stops the ice dams but not icicles.

And we're getting another foot of snow tonight.

I saw lego batman yesterday and that was really good though, so that's something.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

DOOM has more platforming than I expected. I've been hunting for secrets by looking out for opportunities to jump up on boxes and ledges that aren't immediately obvious but more often than not that's turned out to be the actual route in the level.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

gently caress, I got overconfident and just lost about 9,000 blood echoes. I've opened pretty much all the shortcuts to Amelia, though, so maybe I'll let her school me as to how bad I am for awhile later today.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Lobok posted:

DOOM has more platforming than I expected. I've been hunting for secrets by looking out for opportunities to jump up on boxes and ledges that aren't immediately obvious but more often than not that's turned out to be the actual route in the level.

If there's green lights, it's the main path

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
http://media.earthboundcentral.com/2011/04/a-look-at-the-mother-2-side/index.html

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Captain Invictus posted:

If there's green lights, it's the main path

That's what I thought too but either I'm finding alternate routes to the main path or the lights aren't as consistent as I figured.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

gently caress, I got overconfident and just lost about 9,000 blood echoes. I've opened pretty much all the shortcuts to Amelia, though, so maybe I'll let her school me as to how bad I am for awhile later today.

One time I died in dark souls 3 and lost over 2 million souls

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Just from this one gif, I see problems in it that inherent to pretty much every 3d Sonic game.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

One time I died in dark souls 3 and lost over 2 million souls

Daaaaaaanng.

What bothers me is the second chance Bloodborne gives, so all you have to do is get back to where you were and correct your mistake with the one thing that killed you. I really, properly feels like your own fault when you lose them. I got a little lost the first time, and got killed by the flaming cross guys before I could find where I'd lost the echoes. :cry:

Is summoning the old hunter worth it for the Amelia battle?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Lobok posted:

That's what I thought too but either I'm finding alternate routes to the main path or the lights aren't as consistent as I figured.

I think those still are the main path but just alternate routes

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's very few locations where NPC hunters are worth it to be honest, they don't do much damage and are only really useful as a distraction which isn't really worth the extra health and defence the bosses get. Summon a real person or solo imo.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

There's very few locations where NPC hunters are worth it to be honest, they don't do much damage and are only really useful as a distraction which isn't really worth the extra health and defence the bosses get. Summon a real person or solo imo.

Yeah, that as sort of the impression I got. thx.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/PolarNightGames/status/830458006643023872

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Remember to take a fifteen minute break every hour of playing games, everyone!

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

This is good advice and I love it when Nintendo games come with break reminders. Thank you game for looking out for me!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jay Rust posted:

Does anyone actually do this?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

There's a loading screen tip in World of Warcraft that's, like, "Remember to see your friends in person!"

precision posted:

I do, as of right now

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I usually take breaks when I beat a level or a section of a game, which usually works out to that schedule.

It does not work for a game like Nioh, where I realize I have been completely hunched over tensed in the same position for two and a half hours

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Remember to clean your piss bottle regularly.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Nintendo only provides suggestions. I prefer when games include ridiculous loading times, feature length cutscenes, or long stretches of tedium that force me to get up and stretch and reevaluate my life.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Using the pomodoro technique, but for videogames.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

If I'm taking a break from a video game it's so I can play a different video game

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

This dating sim is a poor substitution of the real thing. Talk to real girls!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Ekster posted:

This dating sim is a poor substitution of the real thing. Talk to real girls!

No don't. This is a terrible idea.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

precision posted:

do you not?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I'm a bad person who doesn't take the fifteen minute break, and I also shout "You're not the boss o' me, Netlflix!" when it asks if I'm still watching.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

If I weren't married, I would probably forget to eat for entire days, often.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Stux posted:

do you not?

I take lots of small breaks to like, you know, piss or get another glass of water or pack a bowl.

That said it's extremely rare for me to even play any one game for more than 2 hours at a time so it's not an issue really.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Hello, it's your dad. You've been out there for a long time now... It may be none of my business, but don't you think it would be a good idea if you took a
break?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Phantasium posted:

Hello, it's your dad. You've been out there for a long time now... It may be none of my business, but don't you think it would be a good idea if you took a
break?

Shut up and put more money in my ATM account!! Tracey makes more money that you!!

• Locked thread