Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Sean Shelby is really fuckin up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

Charles Gnarwin posted:

:drat:

I look forward to McCall's next fight being called off when Shane Del Rosario's ghost possesses Bruce Buffer mid-announcement and everyone has to run for their lives.

The cruise ship the fight is hosted on hits a mysterious iceberg and uncle creepy is sent out to investigate.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
All the people Uncle Creepy beat up as a teenager come back for revenge one day before his scheduled fight.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

A wizened old crone from the NSAC traps uncle creepy's soul into her magic crystal when he steps up to the call of duty black ops 6 fighter check in station as his opponent looks through the cage in anguish.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE48MNjKW4I

It's rare to see a sports executive take a massive poo poo on one of their events.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Brown Paper Bag posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE48MNjKW4I

It's rare to see a sports executive take a massive poo poo on one of their events.

It used to happen on the reg but the ufc these last couple of years have been incredible. Dana hasn't had much cause for complaint.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Was out last night is the card worth watching while recovering? Did Holm confirm that she's Buster Douglas?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

EmmyOk posted:

Was out last night is the card worth watching while recovering? Did Holm confirm that she's Buster Douglas?
Watch Poirier miller and then do literally anything else.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Dan Didio posted:

All the people Uncle Creepy beat up as a teenager come back for revenge one day before his scheduled fight.

O'DOYLE RULES!

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
who was the person who had a mental breakdown about holly holm losing to miesha tate and how are they doing now

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

who was the person who had a mental breakdown about holly holm losing to miesha tate and how are they doing now

Ill have you know greg jackson is excellent

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

lol

https://twitter.com/JacksonWinkMMA/status/830684982410670080

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
me (wise, stem degrees, uses a special shower gel exclusively for my dick and balls apparatus): descriptive statistics are a method to quickly and easily summarise complex phenomenon which allow for the quick communication of information while losing distinct qualitative nuances

greg jackson (retarded, adopted life philosophy from star wars novelisations, dick smells strongly of expired yogurt): statistics are mankind's only window to an objective truth about how my guy won through leaning on his opponent at the correct angle and for a longer period of time, earning more money to pay to me. compared to the subjective reality where i got 50% less

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

i strongly agree with the decision to ignore those particular statistics. he should also read the red bit where they say theyre unofficial

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Instead of watching last night I decided to take advantage of UFC Fight Pass!! And watch some Pancrase. Very entertaining to watch Bas Rutten open palm slap asian men unconscious.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Also major props to the Spider, Anderson Silva for not breaking his leg apparently.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I really don't feel like I saw Brunson land over 100 strikes in that fight but ok.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Le Saboteur posted:

I really don't feel like I saw Brunson land over 100 strikes in that fight but ok.

3 misses is a strike

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Hopefully the "mistake" on Barao-Choi was that it was announced too early. The UFC does like to drop a big fight announcement right before tickets go on sale, and they aren't on sale in KC until March.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
MMA stats are literally the worst because the entire basis of most sports analytics is that you can quantify point return. An NBA bucket is two points, a guy runs past home plate that's one run. Satisfy this condition, you get this return that contributes to your score. There is no equivalent of that in MMA. Judging is arbitrary, and a Jake Shields AISH and a Roy Nelson haymaker are both a single punch that may or may not be 'significant' depending on if some fightmetric intern presses the right button. Two punches that are counted the same can have vastly different effects.

I mean with camera tracking and advanced analytics people are trying more and more crazy and interesting stuff but there's basically no worse sport to apply it to than MMA unless you're Greg Jackson and read a book on game theory once.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Rigel posted:

Barao-Choi...big fight

What? I know he used to be champ, but I'm pretty sure no one gives a poo poo about Renan Barao.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I would love to see the Eastern Prince fight the Goblin King.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Brunson had two good moments in that fight - which are the times he survived the death clinch and dealt heavy leather during it.

gently caress Greg Jackson if he think statistics show the winner.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
So I think Brunson won but not for those dumb reasons and I also hate Greg Jackson so I now think Anderson won handily.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

CommonShore posted:

I would love to see the Eastern Prince fight the Goblin King.

Great Wall in theatres and imax three dee.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
i live like a 10 minute walk from Barclay's and thank loving god I decided to skip paying the 200 to go, that card sucked

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

everyone would have loved 208 if it had Mike Goldberg saying "ULTIMATE BEASTMASTER" inbetween every round

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

handsome only face posted:

everyone would have loved 208 if it had Mike Goldberg saying "ULTIMATE BEASTMASTER" inbetween every round

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I'm not going to miss Goldie but that poo poo is funny

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Did Anderson retire? Because he should.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Ratios and Tendency posted:

He's a step or less from another title shot. Bisping vs. Silva 2.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

It's probably an unpopular opinion here but I completely agree, watching the former P4P best fighter on the planet win unconvincing, somewhat boring fights against fringe top-10 opponents is pretty unappealing. Unless they give him the super fights against the likes of GSP that he asked for, that could be fun.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

he's fighting Jimi Manuwa in London

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Work Friend Keven posted:

Congrats to Muhammad and Islam.

Dana cozy with Trump to prevent losing any fighters to deportation.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

chaleski posted:

It's probably an unpopular opinion here but I completely agree, watching the former P4P best fighter on the planet win unconvincing, somewhat boring fights against fringe top-10 opponents is pretty unappealing. Unless they give him the super fights against the likes of GSP that he asked for, that could be fun.

I think Anderson was ready to retire on a great win or a great loss. I'm the number two forums Andy superfan (Hi Dangersim) and he seemed pissed/disappointed for a moment when he was about to be interviewed. It was a pretty touching and interesting post fight, for sure.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Germaine is a rat cheating gently caress no doubt about it

Right on

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
this was not a great card but I had a good time being there and it was cool to have a chance to see Anderson live. When I was checking out of the hotel this morning I saw jacare but was too timid to say anything

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I don't know that Anderson is really that close to a title shot, there's probably 3 guys in line in front of him (Yoel, Jacare, probably Rockhold) and he hasn't put in a really strong performance since...Chael 2? Personally I hope Manuwa smashes him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Not for the sake of to spoiling the joke but rahter for my sanity...

Anderson Silva is not scheduled for a fight. Corey Anderson is scheduled to fight Jimi Manuwa in London.

• Locked thread