Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Man i love zerker but holy hell does the multi enemy camera gently caress you more than any class in the game.

Also lol at how I get wrecked by people who realize that guard break works when im in the middle of a dodge animation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Perestroika posted:

Every time you reach a new level of reputation (i.e. every 20 levels) with a character, you unlock a new set of items with new visuals for them.

Oh god, yes! Playing medieval barbie dress-up is my new thing.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Also I just figured out you can change genders too, so that's cool. Now to learn when feats actually work since I can do 4v4 on some maps (not dockworld though I get kicked from even 1 on 1s there sometimes, lol)

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Zzulu posted:

The game also needs more maps and content soon, which is coming apparently in 3 months...which is good

The beta contains only a smidgen of maps and armors and stuff. Many things will get added on release, so you can expect the game to already get more content in a few days rather than in three months.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I'm curious how long before the game gets a big steam discount though. It's a super fun game but 60 is a bit steep.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Gimbal lock posted:

The beta contains only a smidgen of maps and armors and stuff. Many things will get added on release, so you can expect the game to already get more content in a few days rather than in three months.

lol

"Smidgen": A majority of.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Chomp8645 posted:

lol

"Smidgen": A majority of.

Nope but you're welcomed to guess wildly.

Shifty gimbal fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Feb 12, 2017

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
Have they confirmed your beta crap will transfer to full release?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Gimbal lock posted:

Nope but you're welcomed to guess wildly.

lol I'm not guessing you jackass. The information is public. We are getting two more maps at release. We already have more than two maps, ergo we have a majority already.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Haroshia posted:

Have they confirmed your beta crap will transfer to full release?

They have confirmed it will not.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Do heavy attacks cause damage if unparried even if the block is in the right place? If not what do they do when blocked? What's the advantage to parrying?

Any videos I should go watch to gitgud a little more? I've only played Raider so far because BIG MAN AXE HURR suits my intelligence level nicely

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Raider owns, throw anyone who says otherwise into a gulch

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I hardly ever got anything done with the throws, I got all my work done waiting for Revenge then spamming heavies :saddowns:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Psycho Society posted:

Also I just figured out you can change genders too, so that's cool. Now to learn when feats actually work since I can do 4v4 on some maps (not dockworld though I get kicked from even 1 on 1s there sometimes, lol)

You can also change skin colors :eng101: but for a few classes you can't see any skin!

Psycho Society posted:

I'm curious how long before the game gets a big steam discount though. It's a super fun game but 60 is a bit steep.

How long until call of duty gets a big steam discount? A few months.

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
It seems that despite people populating game modes, the game doesnt want me to play until 2pm every day, wont match make until then.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

Do heavy attacks cause damage if unparried even if the block is in the right place? If not what do they do when blocked? What's the advantage to parrying?

Any videos I should go watch to gitgud a little more? I've only played Raider so far because BIG MAN AXE HURR suits my intelligence level nicely

heavy attacks do caused chip damage if unparried, and parrying drains the enemies stamina a lot and for fast characters you can get a light attack or guard break off

Gaj posted:

It seems that despite people populating game modes, the game doesnt want me to play until 2pm every day, wont match make until then.

The match making is done manually and the hourly workers for your region don't come on shift until then

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Gaj posted:

I think they broke something with the matchmaker. I was getting consistently faster matches during the alpha, which obviously had less players.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
The matchmaking is dumb and the UI is terribad, 12 clicks and mashing space key between matches is not good for getting people to keep playing your game

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

OctaMurk posted:

heavy attacks do caused chip damage if unparried, and parrying drains the enemies stamina a lot and for fast characters you can get a light attack or guard break off

Conqueror does not take this chip damage(and I think Warlord doesn't either.).

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Chomp8645 posted:

lol I'm not guessing you jackass. The information is public. We are getting two more maps at release. We already have more than two maps, ergo we have a majority already.

There are supposed to be six maps for dominion and there are plenty of others that aren't used by dominion but rather by the other modes. Hell, the beta only has three of the dominion maps, that doesn't spell out majority. There are also far less than a majority of the gears available that'll be in retail.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
So the game kept telling me to update my drivers, I did that, instead of the game running better I'm now fps-kicked from every single game. You motherfuckers.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Some ppl ITT getting irrationally mad over video games.

Maybe if you don't like it, don't play it.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
This game is a salt generator and I for one am glad

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
Like loving clock work I find a game at 1:59pm in Albany, NY. Does everyone else who has this game go to church?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

hey welcome to the show! posted:

Some ppl ITT getting irrationally mad over video games.

Maybe if you don't like it, don't play it.

Wow that's a hot take thanks for sharing.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Conqueror, Raider and Nobushi are my favs :shobon:

At launch I'll be playing 3 entirely new classes though :stare: All of them look great to be honest

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

Chomp8645 posted:

Wow that's a hot take thanks for sharing.

Calm down. Someone in this world loves you, ask for a hug. Do you need to poop? Some people get irritable when they need to poop.

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

Controller recommendations? Running into too many mistakes with KB+M.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
This game is pretty bad overall. The only people I see getting salty are the ones trying to defend it.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I do hope that they improve the menues though it could be better.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I like this game and im going to play it.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
Why in god's name when there is a 1v1 game mode to people queue for 4v4s and then bitch about people not 1v1 HONOUR FIGHTING? :iiam:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

hey welcome to the show! posted:

Calm down. Someone in this world loves you, ask for a hug. Do you need to poop? Some people get irritable when they need to poop.

lol don't be an rear end in a top hat. Nobody here is really that mad about anything, you're just salt baiting.

Saying "I don't like thing" does not indicate quivering rage on the other side of the screen. Strange but true.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Zzulu posted:

Also there are people already double prestiging and poo poo, where do they get the tiiiime

If you noticed it in time hiding in the F2 menu, there is a champion boost for 2000 steel that gave a exp and item bonus for 3 days, which would last the entire beta.

Also gave a salvage bonus, which seemed odd since it means you want to stockpile your items and not salvage until you get a boost.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Wishing you a good hug and a well needed poop is being an rear end?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Mr.Trifecta posted:

Controller recommendations? Running into too many mistakes with KB+M.

Wired Xbox 360 controllers are like the most standard and widely used PC controllers at this point. Xbone controllers feel more 'expensive', if that makes sense, but unless they've made a better model they suffer from having a battery compartment that can pop open from minor amounts of force and apparently suffer from massive stick drift after a lot of use. And there's no wired ones, just ones that have a usb cord packed in so you don't have to buy one separately.

Personally I hate Dual Shocks and use a Wii U Pro Controller with a wireless adapter for my PC :shrug: Wii U one is like the opposite of the Xbone one; extremely well designed mechanically but feels like a toy (which I personally am fine with)

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Im glad I got to play the beta, doubt I'll purchase tho

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
It was really nice of ubisoft to let people try there game for free and see if they like it. I hope more games do that.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'll keep a eye on a sale and patches but the matchmaking, menu UI and delay to get into rounds is wearing on my enjoyment of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

bear is driving! posted:

This game is pretty bad overall. The only people I see getting salty are the ones trying to defend it.

lol coming from a guy who said "i dont even want to bother learning how to play because you just mash buttons to win"