Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Such a thing would be... impossible.

https://twitter.com/_errant/status/828997726184484864

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

!!!!!

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
kanna's thread is being neglected? do you hate her?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

This show has some great fan art.

https://twitter.com/ongyageum/status/830445617595969536

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Space Flower posted:

kanna's thread is being neglected? do you hate her?

small thread will be there for you when you need it

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I don't think I can handle, this

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Nate RFB posted:

does this happen in the manga? it should.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Nate RFB posted:

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

awwww yesssss

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

fanart is good and appropriate to the topic, please keep it coming

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/kannafreeze/status/830887954310524928

https://twitter.com/Hamha_S/status/830640536520232960

Thank you, thread :3:

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
The only thing that can unite ADTRW: our love for gay dragons.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I've got plenty of gay love to go around. For instance: I love gay robots

filthychimp
Jan 2, 2006
Damned dirty ape

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah, definitely Python backend stuff. An authentication tool judging by the the libraries being used. No idea what the "for{}" in the first splash screen was though, the rest of them made sense.

Also gently caress that boss, and tohru getting him fired was amazing.

Also that training montage was amazing.

Also the teleport magic trick was amazing.

Also the Saikawa scenes were all amazing.

I think this is a good show.

Spiritus Nox posted:

I have yet to watch a KyoAni thing that I would give anything less than a B+.

You should probably never watch Kyoukai no Kanata or the second season of Chuunibyo or the second season of Free, potentially even the first season of Free.

KyoAni went through quite a bad phase.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Feb 13, 2017

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

ViggyNash posted:

Yeah, definitely Python backend stuff. An authentication tool judging by the the libraries being used. No idea what the "for{}" in the first splash screen was though, the rest of them made sense.

Yeah somebody found it, it seems to be from webpy? Iunno I'm not a code person.

ViggyNash posted:

I think this is a good show.

:agreed:

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Aw... :(

I'm disappointed they didn't get someone to make fake-real code for them. They really just needed a dozen or so lines...

But I was mostly right. It's some small backend framework I've never heard of because Flask is all I need (until I finally loving get around to learning Django). Also if anyone wants more info on webpy here's their website: http://webpy.org/. Probably not too interesting a read for non-devs.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

ViggyNash posted:

Also gently caress that boss, and tohru getting him fired was amazing.
It wasn't Tohru. :ssh:

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Helter Skelter posted:

If it you look at it from a "meeting Tohru has given Kobayashi more confidence to be proactive" perspective, then I guess indirectly?

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
"Verbally abusing your subordinates is bad enough, but your constant tripping is simply inexcusable."

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/DannyKazari/status/831016983164514310

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

All this fanart is bad for my blood sugar. :3:

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Helter Skelter posted:

Wait, then who? :confused:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Kobayashi.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

This was still opened in my browser, guess I forgot to close it out.

Then I looked again and noticed how tohru's bow bounces :3:
God drat the animation is just so good.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Onean posted:

Kobayashi.

Is that implied? (then again I had no evidence tohru did it) It does make sense though, given how strangely passive aggressive she was during those parts.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
It's heavily implied.

As Kobayashi sips her coffee.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

It's heavily implied.

As Kobayashi sips her coffee.

It's a little more blatant in the manga too.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Yeah, even without the manga, there's a reason they cut to Kobayashi in the foreground when her coworker wonders who could have done that. It's used in media all the time to give credit to a character that won't actively take it for themselves for whatever reason, which absolutely fits Kobayashi here. It's also used for foreshadowing in drama, and subverted to intentionally misdirect the audience occasionally as well.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Man. I had forgotten how kinda ugly the original manga was. It's really impressive how KyoAni's made this show so gorgeous while still being so recognizably the same cast.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Also I don't think Tohru knows how to make a recording on a camcorder or webcam or hidden camera or anything anyways.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Far more likely it was just an audio recording from a cell phone.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

x

Comrade Kirov
Sep 12, 2012

So... If I'd like to support these sort of sweet and nice shows to be adapted more often in this high quality way, buying the blurays is customary right?

I don't think I'd be able to explain a figurine to my wife, but a bluray can be easily disguised among the shelves...

Know any place that ships these blurays down to Europe?

Anyway, let's do some sad fan-art...

Thank you Miss Kobayashi... :sadwave:

Comrade Kirov fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Feb 14, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Comrade Kirov posted:

So... If I'd like to support these sort of sweet and nice shows to be adapted more often in this high quality way, buying the blurays is customary right?

I don't think I'd be able to explain a figurine to my wife, but a bluray can be easily disguised among the shelves...

Anyway, know any place that ships these blurays down to Europe?

Get your wife to watch the show and then convince her that you should get the figure.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Comrade Kirov posted:

Anyway, know any place that ships these blurays down to Europe?

buy a daki

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

Comrade Kirov posted:

Know any place that ships these blurays down to Europe?

https://www.amazon.co.jp

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/series/4797

http://slist.amiami.com/top/search/list?s_originaltitle_id=19608&pagemax=40

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

:bisonyes:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/ViciousSenpai/status/831181703603367936

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xeiros
Oct 4, 2013

by Smythe
Unless they totally change the contents therein I'm going to assume the Valentine's Day chapter will never be covered. The first warning sign for this came in episode 2 when they added the anime original sequence of Kobayashi feeding Kanna chocolate. In the manga, Kanna's first learns of chocolate during the Valentine chapter when she watches Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory on TV and wants to try some for herself.

The chapter itself is pretty horrible for Tohru's character and is an example of one of the worst things about the manga. It undermines everything it tries to establish for her characters for the sake of stupid petty jokes. In it Tohru makes magic aphrodisiac chocolate and tries to give them to Kobayashi who of course suspects foul play and warns her of the value of trust and how it cannot be easily mended once broken. Instead of wanting Kobayashi to choose her of her own free will, Tohru is willing to basically drug/mind control her in order to force her to "love" her. The fact that she even considering doing this let alone nearly succeeded shows just how little respect she has for Kobayashi.

The current anime's depiction of Tohru and manga Tohru are two very different beasts now. So if we do get some kind of Valentine's day content, it will be nothing like the manga. It's something I couldn't even fathom anime Tohru doing. Sadly, for the sake of comedy the manga often turns Tohru into a pretty awful .... dragon for again the sake of a quick stupid gag. She's not the only one, there are moments and chapters in the manga that seem to be completely at odds with it's overall themes of family and connecting with those different from us. Themes the anime is chooses to focus on and emphasize. They only choose to adapt the comedic moments/chapters from the manga that doesn't belittle its characters for no good reason.

Xeiros fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Feb 14, 2017

• Locked thread