Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
+ATK TMs are few and far between. You can only use one Blade Mastery, there's only one Power of Creation, (if you even got it) after those two, only Karl and Fencer boost 20%, which are both hidden behind limited time only units. Even if you're a super whale, but weren't around then, that +15% attack has spot on your #1 guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

I get why they do limited units from a profit perspective, but man would it be great if they did weekends or something where they brought them back.

And a rolling gacha.

No, I'm not at all bummed that I'll never get Dirty Randi.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

I think the SoM characters are permanently in the gacha. I could be wrong though.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

McSpankWich posted:

I think the SoM characters are permanently in the gacha. I could be wrong though.

They are permanently in my trophy case once I'm done grinding candy next week.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

McSpankWich posted:

Welp, now I need to get a just in case full moon slash

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

http://ffbe.kongbakpao.com/tw-stream-1022017-summary/

Another developer q/a with garbage questions. But there was this tidbit at the end:

quote:

The Host also mentioned that there will be a big Patch coming soon in the near future which includes a lot of improvements to the game’s function.

Let the speculation run wild! Look for the Orlandu banner soon, followed by this "big Patch" to fix the gold and rainbow summoning after they make a poo poo ton of money first!

Nah who am I kidding it's probably just a St Patrick's day update with another phoned in dungeon and Leprechaun Lasswell banner.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
No, Leprechaun Anzelm and Lucky Clyne.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

McSpankWich posted:

You are wrong. The collab units are the only limited time units that are as such even in Japan. They might rerelease them, but the SoM units, Crystal Defenders units (Fencer, Juggler, Thief), the Dragon Quest Monsters units, the Brave Frontier units - all of those are only around for their specific event and not going into the general gacha.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Lucky Bedile and four-leaf Clyne

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Celtic Cerius and Blarney Bedile

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

KataraniSword posted:

You are wrong. The collab units are the only limited time units that are as such even in Japan. They might rerelease them, but the SoM units, Crystal Defenders units (Fencer, Juggler, Thief), the Dragon Quest Monsters units, the Brave Frontier units - all of those are only around for their specific event and not going into the general gacha.

good that means more chances at the du

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Varance posted:

Celtic Cerius and Blarney Bedile

Drunkard Duane and Sauced Shadow.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

they should just give mizell a 6*

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Two things dragging this game down for me are the crazy counter-intuitive TM process (which is mitigated by macros / lapis spending or a lot of pulling), and a bunch of time-limited units.

Getting TMs isn't as big a deal to me as the time-limited stuff, but the system as it is now is pretty bad. I would absolutely trade macro-farming for a lapis-fueled accelerator for TMs if only to roll "getting TMs" and "playing the god drat game" back into the same thing. I don't even mind farming for Esper fuel nearly as much, as grindy as that is; if I could throw an accelerator onto a unit and farm for literally anything else I'd be pretty OK with that.

The time-limited thing, though, has just gotten more infuriating as time's gone on. I understand what they're getting at from their end, but drat is it annoying knowing there are units with BIS stuff for what good units I do get that I might never see.

Of course I say that and the game throws me this (one daily pull, two 11-pulls, the second having a double rainbow)

edit: dunno why that image isn't showing up on the desktop forums, it's working on mobile though

turnways fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Feb 13, 2017

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

turnways posted:

Of course I say that and the game throws me this (one daily pull, two 11-pulls, the second having a double rainbow)

edit: dunno why that image isn't showing up on the desktop forums, it's working on mobile though

Because your desktop is using a https connection to the forums, and your image host is using an http connection. Browsers won't mix secure and insecure connections.

Using imgur or another host that supports https.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Looks like we are, in fact, skipping/delaying Orlandu. Announcement for Firion and Maria getting upgrades.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Looks like we are, in fact, skipping/delaying Orlandu. Announcement for Firion and Maria getting upgrades.

It's amazing how in like one weekend the devs have just destroyed what interest I had in this game.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Assuming we'll also get the banner with Emperor on it.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
TM Voltron has arrived.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
No, no! The summoning preparation isn't complete yet! I'm still short one Snow (and the billion lapis to get all these tmrs done in a timely manner)

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I'm not surprised. I assumed after the V-day event that we are almost certainly not going to see Orlandu next, at least not until March.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Should be getting the FF2 banner of which Leon will belong. He's a four star base but has a TM worth pulling for if you have a sword user (not great sword) in your A team.

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Leon

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Dark_Knight%27s_Soul

Type: Special Ability (Passive)
Effect: Increase ATK (30%) when equipped with a sword and (20%) when equipped with a heavy armor

Pretty sure somebody posted earlier that this is required for Firion voltron?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Reddit also thinks there's a small chance we may get shine, but Gumi probably won't put two base 4's on a banner. If we get Shine, then you definitely want to pull pull pull!

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Shine

TM: Quick Assault
Type: Special Ability (Passive)
Effect: ATK +30% and chance to negate physical damage taken (10%)

If we get that, look for whales to start getting close to 1,000 ATK, if not cracking it.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
You'd have to get Delita's Moonblade or Randi's Manablade I think for it to outdo Blademastery+Sakurafubuki since Greatswords are out of the question.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

Unless that tmr stacks it's no better than blade mastery on Firion though is it? Both total to +50% but the sword one locks Tirion out of the Brave Suit or Yun TMR

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Am I the only person who is more excited for Firion / WoL / Garlands 6* upgrades than Orlandu ? Because, I actually have those units and I will never get orlandu.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Am I the only person who is more excited for Firion / WoL / Garlands 6* upgrades than Orlandu ? Because, I actually have those units and I will never get orlandu.

It's one of the better attributes of this game. Despite the crap gacha rates, there usually a way to gear up another option.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

what's the optimal build for firion to max attack then? fists? or do other weapons work just as well too with different tms if you don't have yun or snow

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cry Havoc posted:

what's the optimal build for firion to max attack then? fists? or do other weapons work just as well too with different tms if you don't have yun or snow

I'm interested in this too. I've got Bracers, Excalibur, Save the Queen, Black Cowl and DW saved up. Wondering if I can make a push for a semi-turbo Firion to compensate for not pulling Orlandu when he comes out.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

Via tmrs and his innates he can get +70% atk (innate gives 20, Blade Mastery gives 50) using katana and +120% (30 from innate, 30 from Yun tmr 30 from each snow tmr) from knuckles. Which is the highest atk boosts he can get from weapon / gear specific stuff.

The new leon tmr will give him +30% with a sword equipped and an additional +20% with heavy armour, but locks him out of the Brave Suit or Yun TMR which are both light armour, though it is off a 4* and the Enhancer is a good sword not tied to a unit as the other good swords are tied to 5* bases, which let's it be a bit more of a budget build.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Cry Havoc posted:

Firion's schtick is DW, more than 1 weapons type, as many bonuses to those weapon types as you can get.

Probably look like this:

Kaiser Knuckles (Fist)
Moon Blade (sword)

Black Cowl
Crimson Slayer (synergy with Fist) OR Brave Suit OR Heavy Armor (for Leon's TM)
Champion's Beltx2 (Synergy with Fist)

Dual Wield
Power of Creation
Leon's TM or other +ATK TMs.

If you don't have a Moon Blade or Leon's TM, you could equip Saka+BM.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Mile'ionaha posted:

Firion's schtick is DW, more than 1 weapons type, as many bonuses to those weapon types as you can get.

Probably look like this:

Kaiser Knuckles (Fist)
Moon Blade (sword)

Black Cowl
Crimson Slayer (synergy with Fist) OR Brave Suit OR Heavy Armor (for Leon's TM)
Champion's Beltx2 (Synergy with Fist)

Dual Wield
Power of Creation
Leon's TM or other +ATK TMs.

If you don't have a Moon Blade or Leon's TM, you could equip Saka+BM.

Firion, more than probably anybody else, is strongly dependent on what TMs you have available to fuse into him.

For instance, if you have a Mana Sword and a Rising Sun, then in the absence of Leon's TM, you're better off running the Rising Sun, ATK-wise. You end up with more attack and a bonus bird-killer. Same goes for a Romulan Pistol, sans the bird-killer.

If you have kaiser knucks but no Yun or Snow TMs, consider carefully whether you want the wind element vs whatever else you have available.

If you have no TMs aside from a dual wield, you can still do a pretty decent job of gearing him. You're looking for Gigas Axe (Secret of Mana event) or Mighty Hammer (FF3 event) or Death Scythe (halloween) in that order, while your off hand is best with Enhancer or Blood Sword for non-elemental, or a variety of fire-typed weapons (Vernard, Candy Gun, Chirijiraden) to complement it.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

NinjaDebugger posted:

If you have kaiser knucks but no Yun or Snow TMs, consider carefully whether you want the wind element vs whatever else you have available.

Firion + Bartz, WindBros 4 Lyfe.

I wish Imperil and Seaker Blade stacked.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Nope. I have had a Sakurafubuki/Blade Mastery/Doublehand waiting to drop onto Garland for a over a month. I have Xaio to TMR then will have Champion Belt x2, Dual Wield, Chirijiraden and another Blade Mastery for Firion. Not sure if WoL will replace Cecil, but always nice to have another versatile tank.

But Orlandeau would be nice too.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Does 6* Firion get access to heavy armor? Because 5* can only wear light armor.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
I'm sure his own TMR could help

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I was referring to using Leon's TMR. To make it equivalent to blade mastery, you'd have to spend another materia slot on equip heavy armor.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
If you don't have a blade mastery what's the next best option? Viking axe?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

His BiS setup I believe is

Sakura (+20% Katana Passive)
Kaiser Knux (+30% Fist Passive)
Black Cowl (+28 ATK)
Crimson Slayer (+30% Fist Passive)
Champs Belt (+20% Fist Passive
Champs Belt (+20% Fist Passive)

DW
Blade Mastery (+50% Katana Passive)
Power of Creation (+30% ATK)
Seal of Destruction/Lunge Combo (+20% ATK)

This gives him a total of +220% ATK (!)

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Feb 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

hamsystem posted:

If you don't have a blade mastery what's the next best option? Viking axe?

In the lack of a good TMR mastery skill to further accentuate Firion's skills, attack power goes Viking Axe -> Demon Scythe -> Excalibur/Deathbringer -> Moonblade -> Kaiser Knuckles.

It's worth noting that the three swords will boost defense more but attack less compared to the axe/spear/fist, due to the differences in Firion's own multitude of intrinisic mastery skills.

• Locked thread