Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

The right to fair trial is also enshrined in the UN, we shouldn't have to argue about the constitution for this.

Not So Fast fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Feb 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Doc Hawkins posted:

Greetings, fellow curse-bearer! I grew up in Miami, and I was going to dispute this claim, but then I remembered how much worse the rest of the state is. Instead I'll say that in my experience, the Cuban exile community is (or at least was) mostly anti-refugee because any sane definition of the word includes people who are way too dark-skinned for their taste (rip Haiti).

Yup, grew up first half of my childhood in Miami Lakes, second half in Ocala (north of Orlando). So I got a decent taste of both sides of Florida.

Stefu
Feb 4, 2005

mandatory lesbian posted:

how much swamp would it take to power finland for even like, an hour, i can't imagine it's a low number

You can get some stats here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peat_energy_in_Finland

Another peat lobby ad:

This one has a hard-to-translate wordplay based on a hard-to-translate Finnish saying, but the gist is that since Finland isn't using enough peat energy, it cannot afford to hire enough nurses, so old folks are soiling their pants. Yes, this is the worst ad campaign ever.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Garrison posted:

Aristotle recommended moderation, or the ‘golden mean.’ Virtue can be found as a reasoned, logical place between two extremes. For example, courage is virtuous, but when carried to an extreme it becomes destructive recklessness. A lack of courage brings about its opposite, cowardice.

We see today a great many ‘virtue signalers’ who want to feel good about themselves. They consider themselves, kind, humane and generous and they want you to know about it. They demand help for poor, suffering people all over the planet. They want them removed from their own countries and cultures and brought to the United States so we can see such help up close and personal. “Let them in!” they shout. Their signs say, “Refugees are welcome!” They think all humans are equal and there should be no borders. At least, not for the United States.

The problem with such virtue signaling is they want to help people by forcing others to participate. Someone has to pay for for the immigrants who come here wanting free stuff. Things such as medical care, education, housing and food. The immigrants also bring cultural conflict, violence and crime. Big government is the tool used by virtue signalers. They want to steal from you via taxes to pay for the welfare of strangers.

I lived in San Angelo, Texas for nearly 10 years. The many Mexican Americans I knew there were proud of their heritage, but they considered themselves Americans first. They scorned immigrants from Mexico who did not bother to learn English. Nowadays, it’s considered ‘racist’ to insist people have a common language and culture. We are no longer a melting pot.

Massive muslim immigration is even more dangerous. They demand Sharia Law, not our Constitution. They consider Islam to be superior to Christianity. They do not assimilate—they dominate. Importing Islamic culture is a recipe for future strife and conflict. Refugees wanting to escape their hell holes too often want to transform their host countries into the very same hell holes that they left. Look at what happened to Sweden. Crime and rape skyrocketed and now there are ‘no go’ muslim zones. This the the same vision Obama had for America. That’s why he drove hard to the hoop to import as many muslims here as he could. A divided country is easier for world government types to control.

Victor Davis Hanson is one of my favorite writers. His books on history are excellent. He also wrote an excellent book titled “Mexifornia,” in which he expertly sums up the problems California and other states are facing. That is, a new paradigm where illegal immigrants are not assimilating. English is no longer expected to be spoken. “La Raza,” an openly racist organization, wants to turn California into Mexico while of course still insisting their people get plenty of free stuff.

California wants to be a sanctuary state for illegal immigrants. There is even talk about secession. Under Governor Jerry Brown (Governor ‘Moonbeam’), the state’s debt has deepened to over $400 billion. Regardless, more free stuff is perpetually promised and more immigrants are desired. They can’t afford to help every suffering person in the world without making citizens themselves suffer. This is an example of a virtue being carried to an extreme. Helping others has become a dangerous vice.
—Ben Garrison

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009

It's Garrison-terrible, of course, but at least he's taken a break from Trump-sama to give us some entertaining batshittery. So many delightful, terrible little details; I especially like the scratching junkie kitty!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

think immigrants are good and worth being around do you? well what if they were one of the two most popular pets in the western world????

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
"Nine Lives Matter"

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Good Ol' Ben Garrison posted:

They think all humans are equal

The monsters!

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Volcanic Vents posted:

It's Garrison-terrible, of course, but at least he's taken a break from Trump-sama to give us some entertaining batshittery. So many delightful, terrible little details; I especially like the scratching junkie kitty!

I thought Trump-sama was a lock. 0 for 4 here.

Regarding the cattoon, his accompanying wall-of-text reads like an opinionative manifesto. He conflates immigrants and refugees. He defers to "they" and "someone (us)" whenever his argument needs buttressing.

And he goes full-Lester on us:

"They demand help for poor, suffering people all over the planet."

Which is a bad thing because that help might consist of:

" Things such as medical care, education, housing and food.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

The two cats getting pet are incredibly salty that other cats are being let into the house.

"Wtf, only we deserve this food we get just for being alive."

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

If we're tagging ourselves, I'm definitely cash-countin-kitty on the right. Gosh I wonder what group they're supposed to represent???

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

frankenfreak posted:

"All Nine Lives Matter"

ftfy :reject:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

What does Garrison have against TV's Frank?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
"Everything in moderation, which is why I promote having no sympathy at all!"

Jesus christ if that isn't the perfect comic to report him as xenophobic I don't know what will.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

What does Garrison have against TV's Frank?

:siren: Push the Button California :siren:

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Payne drawing a really fit-looking Barack. Roll up your sleeves and throw me daddy :grin:

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

I bet Payne absentmindedly doodles sexy Barack with washboard abs.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Cat Mattress posted:

The monsters!
It's always great when the nazi conservative mask falls off, yes.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:, State Edition.

David Rowe:

On the stairs, Western Australian Premier Colin Barnett (Liberal), holding hands with Pauline Hanson of One Nation. WA has a state election coming up and the WA Liberals have done a preference deal with One Nation (Australia has instant-run-off voting and parties distribute "How to Vote" cards to guide voters to voting their way - a preference deal is who gets placed above other major parties).
The guy thinking "Phwoar" is Federal Industry Minister Arthur Sinodinos, who was cagey about whether Liberals federally will be preferencing One Nation instead of putting them last.

Bill Leak:

Jay Weatherill is the Premier of South Australia (Labor).
Much of Australia is having heatwaves at the moment and South Australia has been having rolling blackouts. South Australia also has switched to a high amount reneweable energy and the federal government has been blaming the SA power issues on their shunning of the most beautiful power source, coal (also pay no attention to any blackouts in NSW).

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

quote:

We are no longer a melting pot.

When you add things to a pot, that means the contents of the pot are unaffected and remain exactly the same as they were originally, right?? That's what melting means. I'm pretty sure, right everyone? Blue plus yellow makes a lot of blue. Why are all these first graders laughing at me

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Not So Fast posted:

The right to fair trial is also enshrined in the UN, we shouldn't have to argue about the constitution for this.
That doesn't really help. They would see it as just another example of the UN meddling in the sovereignty of the US.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Aristotle's idea of virtue conflated with the bullshit reddit term virtue signalling :psypop:

holy poo poo thats purestrain

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Not So Fast posted:

the us only cares about the un when it's politically advantageous, and the un puts up with it because of the absurdly bloated us military budget meaning they don't have to spend it themselves

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
In an alternate universe, Garrison is a kind old man illustrating Where's Waldo-style children's books. In the same universe, Alex Jones found his true calling as a voice actor. Also Ramirez died young.

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/l...-food/492325717

quote:

A man standing outside a popular Jacksonville Beach restaurant on Wednesday with a sign that said "Cops Lunch Matters" is one of hundreds of people upset about claims that workers spit in law enforcement's food.

Guess who?

.Edward Penischin fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Feb 13, 2017

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

SSNeoman posted:

Aristotle's idea of virtue conflated with the bullshit reddit term virtue signalling :psypop:

holy poo poo thats purestrain

Aristotle had a lot of loving d*** ideas

quote:

Aristotle held that the universe was divided into two parts, the terrestrial region and the celestial region. In the realm of Earth, all bodies were made out of combinations of four substances, earth, fire, air, and water,* whereas in the region of the universe beyond the Moon the heavenly bodies such as the Sun, the stars, and the planets were made of a fifth substance, called quintessence.

...the catholic church adopted aristotle s***d physic ideas has dogma. They burned one or two guys like Giordano Bruno for suggesting alternative theories to the d*** bullshit of Aritistole.

Anyone quoting Aristotle is probably suspicious of a ....hee.... religious education.

Tei fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Feb 13, 2017

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I'm the evil cats eating for free.

I really hope Garrison doesn't own any pets. From that comic, it looks like he would refuse to feed them until they've proven their financial value.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Tei posted:

Aristotle had a lot of loving dumb ideas

...the catholic church adopted aristotle stupid physic ideas has dogma. They burned one or two guys like Giordano Bruno for suggesting alternative theories to the dumb bullshit of Aritistole.

Anyone quoting Aristotle is probably suspicious of a religious education.

TBF when the extent of your instruments is the bare human senses this makes as much sense as basically anything else

The real silliness doesn't begin until you start dismissing and/or suppressing knowledge gained from vastly superior detectors because it makes people in the past look kinda dumb

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Lord Hydronium posted:

I really hope Garrison doesn't own any pets. From that comic, it looks like he would refuse to feed them until they've proven their financial value.

I've known people like that. A dude followed me around at gaming club, smugly enraged that I owned a cat, saying poo poo like "It provides no value, you know. It just emulates human children to trigger your empathy reaction. It's a parasite! You spend your money on it and you get nothing out of it! You're being stupid!"

Eventually it reached a critical mass of people telling him to shut up that he actually did, but goddamn that was an annoying few minutes.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
What is the angry looking sleeping cat even supposed to represent?

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

Not shown: the other rooms of the house where the cats are hard at work in the world's 6th largest economy and being the absolute global leader in creating the digital framework for this idiot to get paid for distributing drawing of overly detailed mental farts. Or that for every bag of free food it's giving away, it's producing another bag it gives to its less productive neighbors in the homeowners association, especially those neighbors who still have confederate flags in their windows. Maybe if the other neighbors were more like california they wouldn't be so panicked about why they can't find jobs.

:ca:

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

An even flabbier Jeremy Clarkson?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lord Hydronium posted:

I'm the lazy freeloader cat lazing around all the unpaid bills on the floor

also I'm the mixed metaphor

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Those look like Ben Garrison's jowels.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Those look like Ben Garrison's jowels.

Close but no cowboy hat.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

frankenfreak posted:

"Nine Lives Matter"

Okay, this made me laugh. I recognize that I am a bad person.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Is that Lester? Looks like his lettering style on that sign. And this seems like the kind of topic that would rustle his scales.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

What is the angry looking sleeping cat even supposed to represent?

The lazy, good for nothing darkies of course!

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
I'm the single, framed picture of the hammer and sickle on the wall.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ahem. I believe you will find that LIBERALS are the real racists.

*draws right-wing comics depicting all minorities and foreigners as feral animals and lazy parasites that Liberals want to treat like actual people - while sensible white Conservatives look on disapprovingly*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Somebody remind him that California pays a lot more in federal taxes than we recieve in benefits.

• Locked thread