Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
I did it. I beat narciss by raising Elise's def with robin, taking the hit, and then retreating so that the whole enemy team bottlenecked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Trampus posted:

I'm new and trying to figure it out. When you say five pull, are you talking about these?

A five pull means using all 20 orbs during one summoning, i.e. getting all the characters offered

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Are Marty and Rolf in this game

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
This paralogue will use the gimmick of Fire Emblem Awakening, except backwards.

"It's your kids, Marty. Something's gotta be done about your kids."

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
chumping the AI in the arena is satisfying when it's some ultrawhales team.

What isn't satisfying is ending the match with one person left at 3 HP because hector shredded my entire team after I killed the first 3 5* enemies no problem, resulting in me getting low points for the match.

Also I managed to beat the hard Narcian map but only because of my +Res 5* Nowi.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Space Crabs posted:

What isn't satisfying is ending the match with one person left at 3 HP because hector shredded my entire team after I killed the first 3 5* enemies no problem, resulting in me getting low points for the match.

This is basically why I keep Tharja on my team at this point. She does pretty good neutral damage but being able to smoke Camilla and Hector is the real business.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Tae posted:

I don't see what she gains that's worth beyind 3 stars. She gets dance, 11 mt weapon, and +3 atk buff.

Seems like in general the good buffs are all locked behind a 5* upgrade. We can infer from the fact that Lucina, the 5* falchion, is given that rarity partly due to the +atk skill, that at least the devs evaluated it as the strongest type of buff in testing. Her stats are not spectacular, but it's probably worth to get the full effect. +1 extra point of attack may not seem like a lot at first, but when you think about it, the +10 maxed out units only receive a total of +4 to attack on top of their base level 40 maximum. Also, since arena gives some extra points based on stats and if you plan to use Olivia in arena a lot, there is some sense to dropping 20k feathers on her. Feathers will come and go, in the end, but Olivia will probably always be good to some extent, just because the dance ability is so devastating. If it's helping you get a higher score in arena, then by investing in Olivia, you are essentially investing in feather production acceleration.

Of course if the rest of your team is total poo poo and cant get many wins at all or arent even playing in arena then it won't make a difference, but for arena you do get a non-insignificant per-match point increase for using higher statted characters.

tldr: Star upgrading only really matters for arena (or people with ocd) which is the reason feathers are primarily rewarded for arena progress. If you just want a dancer for story missions, 3* is perfectly fine.

Dr. Video Games 0112 fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Feb 12, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
e: I misunderstood your post

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

OddObserver posted:

Falchion wielders may be annoying....

That's what Lilina is for. If there are more than 1 Falchion users I can soften the first with Lilina, kill with Corrin, that'll debuff the second one's atk and spd, then they can't 1-shot Corrin and she can potentially double attack on the counter so they suicide themselves. If there are 3 Falchions maybe Corrin will die, but I can kite the last one with Lilina and Olivia then finish with Tiki. Also, who the heck runs 3 Falchions?

Trihugger fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Feb 12, 2017

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

:stonk:
Holy Hell did I completely underestimate Sheena, she may not be the Hector I wanted but wow can she tank like a champ.

She tanked a sword unit with axebreaker, a brave bow archer and 2 mounted mages.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Subvisual Haze posted:

Ouch I guess the arena uses average team level for matchmaking, my team of 30s just got wrecked by a level 40 Takumi and Marth, while level 20 support healers buffed them and dragged down the average team level. I hope that doesn't become the new pattern.

Oh poo poo no wonder it's gotten so hard

I should just do Takumi + 3 level 1s

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

Zotix posted:

You should probably reroll using Nox emulator. It's 60s per reroll of 4 orbs.

This is 3 pages and a day later, but I have been using Nox and MultiPlayer since last night for this. I'm averaging about 7 minutes per run. I'm ashamed to admit I had Hector drop earlier, but everything I got for 60 orbs afterwards was 3 star and trash (one 4* Olivia, but that wasn't going to make the difference needed). I'm currently sitting on Takumi/Lucina/RobinM 5* as my probably go-to, but I'm still making runs to try and get something better.

Gotta make a decision today, because I want to make sure I get that free Olivia and get a shot at Narcian before he disappears.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
I'm now running 5* Tiki and Linde and 4* Nowi and Merric. It's a lot better than my previous trash, although I'm vulnerable against High-Res blue units.

Also leveled up Cecilia alongside Nowi and Linde for the killing things with cavalry quest, but she seemed bad. It seems like she should theoretically be a Takumi answer but the stats just aren't there.

Merric seems to handle Robin okay, which is why he's my second range, but probably an archer would make more sense in that slot. The only ones have are Niles and Virion, though. I'm debating continuing to role on the Takumi banner going forward, for colorless roles only.

Edit: I guess I could also try out Saizo. I'd probably have to play a little better than I currently do to make that work.

Stagger_Lee fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Feb 12, 2017

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

FeralWraith posted:

This is 3 pages and a day later, but I have been using Nox and MultiPlayer since last night for this. I'm averaging about 7 minutes per run. I'm ashamed to admit I had Hector drop earlier, but everything I got for 60 orbs afterwards was 3 star and trash (one 4* Olivia, but that wasn't going to make the difference needed). I'm currently sitting on Takumi/Lucina/RobinM 5* as my probably go-to, but I'm still making runs to try and get something better.

Gotta make a decision today, because I want to make sure I get that free Olivia and get a shot at Narcian before he disappears.

What exactly are you looking for if not Takumi/lucina/robin? That's literally the best of the current banner offerings.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

Rascyc posted:

What exactly are you looking for if not Takumi/lucina/robin? That's literally the best of the current banner offerings.

Yeah, but it's not Takumi/Hector/Azura/+. I can dream, can't I? *wipes froth from mouth*

fairlight
May 18, 2007

FeralWraith posted:

Yeah, but it's not Takumi/Hector/Azura/+. I can dream, can't I? *wipes froth from mouth*

Dude, you're not going to get a better roll than what you have. Just play the game and roll for Hector and Azura when they get featured. There are 38(!) heros that can be rolled at 5*, the odds of rolling that specific trio are... slim.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

FeralWraith posted:

You won't get that in the first 2x 20 orb rolls. I would start playing on that Takumi account and see what you end up with after clearing some of the story and see if you like the characters. I did this on a off banner 5* that I rolled, just starting playing because I liked the character and was lucky enough to pull Takumi on the SECOND 20 orb roll. It took several 20 orb rolls after that to fill out the team with other 5*s and other good characters which finally convinced me to keep it as my main. Hoping to get multiple off banner 5* on your initial roll is utter insanity.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Majinfefnir13 posted:

:stonk:
Holy Hell did I completely underestimate Sheena, she may not be the Hector I wanted but wow can she tank like a champ.

She tanked a sword unit with axebreaker, a brave bow archer and 2 mounted mages.

This is literally how I beat the normal stage, except my team was Gordin, Gunter, Clarine and Sheena. Though I had Gunter and Gordin share their parts of tanking while I healed. Narcian is an rear end in a top hat and there is no way I will be able to handle the hard map. It did help that Sheena was lv 30 while everyone else was 25-27.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

FeralWraith posted:

There's people who have rolled 4,000 dollars worth of rolls chasing some of those and they haven't got them. Specific off banner stuff are super rare let alone getting it go along with multiple 5 stars.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I got a 5 star Linde and I'm REALLY impressed with her! She's decently powerful, very fast for a caster, and can double as a minor healer in a pinch.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

New Leaf posted:

I got a 5 star Linde and I'm REALLY impressed with her! She's decently powerful, very fast for a caster, and can double as a minor healer in a pinch.

Linde has been carrying my team too. Amazing space laser nuker.

Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.
Do you guys recommend pulling from legendary heroes or deep devotion for the first one?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Legend for reds/blues, deep devotion for colorless. Up to you how much you care about green Camilla. After my initial hate for her Garbo attack (and mine rolled -atk) she's been surprisingly useful for slaying mages since her res is good.

fairlight
May 18, 2007

I just want to mention that the probability of pulling 3 or more non-featured 5* heroes in 4 rolls is around 1 in 10,000... And there are 38 heroes that can come out at 5*. Rolling for a specific hero is rough, rolling for a specific combination of 3 is insanity.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I actually had a defence win.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

FeralWraith posted:

7m a reroll? Root Nox, watch a YouTube on rerolling. You can reroll in 60s for 4orbs. It is in no way shape or form to farm 3 stages for the 5 pull. Trust me. I rerolled 600 times or so while watching episodes of the young Pope on my second monitor. I routinely got 2 5* in one session and I finally went with a pull that netted 3 5*. Trust me. Do not farm orbs for the 5th pull.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Guessing these tricks don't work on iOS?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'd say Legendary Heroes is a slightly better roll assuming you have no other real characters; Robin is an excellent pick in the current PvP meta, and you have double the chance to grab a Falchion user. You don't get a boost to a green unit or Takumi though, so it's slightly worse from a single-player standpoint, and there's almost no colour variety.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Zotix posted:

7m a reroll? Root Nox, watch a YouTube on rerolling. You can reroll in 60s for 4orbs. It is in no way shape or form to farm 3 stages for the 5 pull. Trust me. I rerolled 600 times or so while watching episodes of the young Pope on my second monitor. I routinely got 2 5* in one session and I finally went with a pull that netted 3 5*. Trust me. Do not farm orbs for the 5th pull.

That's insane.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Zotix posted:

I was doing this but kept getting locked out of my account so I figured the game had some sort of anti root protections. I lucked into pulling 3 good 5* out of my first 2 5 pulls once I rerolled into a Lyn on my first one so it ended up working out but eh. Did you link your account immediately after getting the roll you liked?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Yeah you gotta link an account now. The first night I had so many sick accounts. People just said to rename the account file. I did that and when I switched the name back it would work. However the next day they were all corrupted. So I rerolled for another 3h the second night. I ended up linking the 2 5* accounts immediately that night. Even to this day if I play on Nox with my main account it get corrupted every 2h or so. But it's recoverable as long as it's linked to a Nintendo account. I finally went with the account to that had 5* chrom, Leo, and nowi.

Trust me, there is almost no other gacha game that is as quick and yields as many pulls on reroll on the market. It's so loving easy. Even after I had my main account I kind of wanted to reroll on the third night for funsies because it is so easy and quick.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Feb 12, 2017

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Anyone have any suggestions for where to take this team?

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Running 3 reds and 2 dragons is pretty risky. Cutting Tiki in the short term for a neutral nuke would probably be the safest choice if you can pull a good one, but if you wanna run both 5*s then there's no way Lilina fits well on that team.

Lyn/Olivia/F Corrin could be an interesting place to work from since Lyn's whole thing is living on the edge.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Philip Rivers posted:

Running 3 reds and 2 dragons is pretty risky. Cutting Tiki in the short term for a neutral nuke would probably be the safest choice if you can pull a good one, but if you wanna run both 5*s then there's no way Lilina fits well on that team.

Lyn/Olivia/F Corrin could be an interesting place to work from since Lyn's whole thing is living on the edge.

If I pulled a Kagero or Takumi they'd be front and center, but I didn't.

My big weakness right now is Linde so I'm debating going Lyn/Tiki/FCorrin/Abel and making him my next 5* target, since I think he deletes her and he can solve Falchion problems nicely in addition to any Takumi difficulties. From there I'd promote either FCorrin or Robin to round it out.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Oh poo poo no wonder it's gotten so hard

I should just do Takumi + 3 level 1s

It does seem to be the pattern, or something close to it (someone else mentioned it might take your team's average stats instead of levels). I Just ran across a team with a level 2 mixed in with their 38-40s.

I wasn't crazy on her at first, but now I'm loving Olivia as my 4th person. She gives you so much flexibility in that all important round when the enemy team first enters range. Especially combining her with 2 ranged types (an archer and red mage for me) let's me take out the most annoying enemies quickly and lets my tank mop up the rest as needed.

I really wanted to like Cordelia, but pegasus knights as they are seem pretty broken. Too many maps have walls that pegasus knights can't fly over, neutralizing their main advantage. That combined with their movement range being just average means it's incredibly hard to get in a first attack on a back line unit, which would normally be their main purpose. Occasionally she could kamikaze a mage , but archers destroy pegasus knights, and her defense is so flimsy that most melee attacks do too. It seemed every fight she would either die after a slight contribution, or contribute nothing at all because she's hiding from another goddamn Takumi.

fairlight
May 18, 2007

Why do I only have 1 defense win after like a week of playing with a decent team? Does the game not show losses?

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Does anyone imagine Cecilia will ever find a place in the meta? I dunno if there's much demand for green mages but she's a colorless killer who isn't vulnerable to Takumi or Kagero and has crazy mobility with Escape Route. Being able to fly across the map to murder one of those two seems like a cool niche.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

fairlight posted:

Why do I only have 1 defense win after like a week of playing with a decent team? Does the game not show losses?

I don't think it does, no.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

fairlight posted:

It doesnt show losses, no. Not much info about tips on defense, other than general tips like lead with your weakest unit, dont include healers, dont use your story/offense arena team and try not to use an "all rounder" team. Since you arent penalized for losses, it makes sense to use a "counter" team, but if you lack good level 40 units for that just use your best ones. There is not much the ai can do if the attacker is playing well, unfortunately. Score seems to be the same as offense, team power + enemy team power and how much of a blow out the fight was.

Dr. Video Games 0112 fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Feb 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009

Philip Rivers posted:

Does anyone imagine Cecilia will ever find a place in the meta? I dunno if there's much demand for green mages but she's a colorless killer who isn't vulnerable to Takumi or Kagero and has crazy mobility with Escape Route. Being able to fly across the map to murder one of those two seems like a cool niche.

She's so slow, and I don't think she actually has the power to one-shot her enemies, but I might be wrong. I also have no idea how escape route works.

Open to ideas about who I should develop next, if I should still be rolling for Takumis. Having all magic seems fine for current Arena, although kind of annoying in PVE vs. the all-mage-cav-maps.

Stagger_Lee fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Feb 12, 2017