Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Subjunctive posted:

You've described art collecting. Did you mean to?

No, because presumably you look at art occasionally and it retains a lot of resale value, generally. Your collection of greys anatomy DVDs that you never even took out of the package isn't the same thing.

Plus, there's the whole act of seeking out art you've never seen before and curating a collection of things that are unique and one of a kind is pretty different from ordering some poo poo off amazon with little thought.

So yeah your opinion is wrong and dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

Subjunctive posted:

You've described art collecting. Did you mean to?

The Goon With The Wrongest Opinion
Digital media over Internet connection
Anonymous author, 2017

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Let me be perfectly clear: there is a difference between "someone who watches and enjoys anime"and "anime nerd".
Like the ones who are perfectly fine sexualizing very young girls, live in absolute squalor, have a serious case of Dunning-Kruger, are unwashed holier than thou idiots are the anime nerds not only in a few pages back with the guy and his girlfriend, and likely the tentacle rape roommate

I am referring to the many people who simply watch some anime and don't live an obsessed unwashed anime life, which are the vast, vast majority of anime fans, not the vocal minority, and why being all goony about anime and saying it's the worst thing ever is really stupid and insipid. It comes off as "Heh, anime is total garbage because I say so, unlike all the crappy movies I watch or bad video games I play :smuggo:" and is the most tone-deaf "I love looking down upon other nerds to overcompensate for my boring life as an office worker" thing imaginable.

I guess I should have clarified my definition of "anime nerd", but you're still all dumb as hell and really predictable.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I am referring to the many people who simply watch some anime and don't live an obsessed unwashed anime life, which are the vast, vast majority of anime fans, not the vocal minority, and why being all goony about anime and saying it's the worst thing ever is really stupid and insipid. It comes off as "Heh, anime is total garbage because I say so, unlike all the crappy movies I watch or bad video games I play :smuggo:" and is the most tone-deaf "I love looking down upon other nerds to overcompensate for my boring life as an office worker" thing imaginable.

Please stop posting and go take a shower ffs

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Please don't look down on my boring life as an office worker.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Streak posted:

Please stop posting and go take a shower ffs

I took a shower earlier and then went out for brunch with my girlfriend, where we listened to a talented pianist, drank bloody marys, and had delicious pastries, but thanks for your concern.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

I took a shower earlier and then went out for brunch with my girlfriend, where we listened to a talented pianist, drank bloody marys, and had delicious pastries, but thanks for your concern.

Did you actually do all that, or did you watch it in one of your animes?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

And you spent the entire time thinking about loving 8 year olds. Nobody cares, pervert.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

tactlessbastard posted:

And you spent the entire time thinking about loving 8 year olds. Nobody cares, pervert.

That's a really funny and original joke. :homebrew:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Batterypowered7 posted:

Did you actually do all that, or did you watch it in one of your animes?

It's a really cool bakery/cafe called Mozart's. They have the most delicious truffles and marzipan. I enjoy their dinner too!

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Why are you bragging about any of that as if you think that's beyond anyone's reach here? This isn't YOSPOS

Parsley
Jul 17, 2012

Anime is very stupid, though.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Why are you bragging about any of that as if you think that's beyond anyone's reach here? This isn't YOSPOS

Pretty sure you've never touched a girl, unlike an anime-liker such as me.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

You're right I touch women I admit it

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

You're right I touch women I admit it

So do I. We can be woman-toucher bros. Heck yeah! :glomp:

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Don't touch girls you creep

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Streak posted:

Don't touch girls you creep

Please don't kinkshame me.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Cough drop are you the guy whose girlfriend was all pissed because he let his weeb friend brush his teeth like that incestual anime scene

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Goons trying to prove they're not goony is one of my favorite things.

Like this post has an unironic :siren: MY GIRLFRIEND :siren: in it, lmao.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Cough drop are you the guy whose girlfriend was all pissed because he let his weeb friend brush his teeth like that incestual anime scene

That was a hilarious story and I wish my life were exciting enough for such amazingly dumb things to happen. It's a shame.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Body pillows can't get mad at things so probably not

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

WampaLord posted:

Goons trying to prove they're not goony is one of my favorite things.

Like this post has an unironic :siren: MY GIRLFRIEND :siren: in it, lmao.

Hmm, yeah. You got me there. Unlike the gooniest thing ever, which is unequivocally calling anime the worst for basically no reason.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Please don't kinkshame me.

Try that on the judge and see where it gets you.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

tactlessbastard posted:

Try that on the judge and see where it gets you.

I work for the state, so this is the most ironic insult. :allears:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Streak posted:

No, because presumably you look at art occasionally and it retains a lot of resale value, generally. Your collection of greys anatomy DVDs that you never even took out of the package isn't the same thing.

Plus, there's the whole act of seeking out art you've never seen before and curating a collection of things that are unique and one of a kind is pretty different from ordering some poo poo off amazon with little thought.

So yeah your opinion is wrong and dumb

Read what you wrote, and I quoted. Most art is not interactive. Much art is not unique (prints); I don't think any of mine is in any meaningful way. Enjoying the hunt is likely the case for the TV collector as well, but it's also exactly "purchasing something someone else made".

People collect poo poo, just to collect it. It's a widespread set of hobbies. That it's giclee prints or ashtrays or stamps versus banal DVD cases doesn't really change the fundamentals of the endeavour.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hmm, yeah. You got me there. Unlike the gooniest thing ever, which is unequivocally calling anime the worst for basically no reason.

It's not for no reason. It's because it's terrible and liked by terrible dumb people with broken brains such as you!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Anime is garbage for idiots and creeps

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Subjunctive posted:

Read what you wrote, and I quoted. Most art is not interactive. Much art is not unique (prints); I don't think any of mine is in any meaningful way. Enjoying the hunt is likely the case for the TV collector as well, but it's also exactly "purchasing something someone else made".

People collect poo poo, just to collect it. It's a widespread set of hobbies. That it's giclee prints or ashtrays or stamps versus banal DVD cases doesn't really change the fundamentals of the endeavour.

Yes and some people just buy poo poo impulsively and tell themselves they're "collecting" it when they should just get their bad habits under control.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
A jam-packed day of romance including
-Eating
-Showering
-Anime

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

CheesyDog posted:

-Eating
-Showering
-Jerking it into the sink thinking about 8 year olds
-Anime

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

CheesyDog posted:

-Eating
-Showering
-Anime

I haven't watched any anime today, actually, since I don't define my life around a single hobby, but sure.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

I haven't watched any anime today, actually, since I don't define my life around a single hobby, but sure.

Cool. That's cool. You're cool.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Look man if you just wanted to pop in here and go "Well I've seen Cowboy Bebop and I'm normal" then let me let you in on something.

NOBODY CARES

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

jesus christ stop posting, you've already given us Exhibits A through S in the case of the people vs obnoxious anime likers. the fifth amendment is there for your own goddamn protection.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
The reason people talk about anime being poo poo is because it consistently and obsessively is loving creepy and weird more than it is normal and enjoyable. This is not difficult to grasp.
Whether or not you watched something that is an exception to this rule like cowboy bebop isn't up for debate. I've got a Yotsuba avatar and it's also an exception to that but I don't feel the need to um actually for no reason

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Bf [22M] doesn't like the way I [22F] talk to my friend. He thinks I'm too vulgar. I don't agree. What do I do now?Relationships
submitted 6 hours ago * by Confused2233

quote:

The friend in question is another 22F. I'm going to give you guys a transcript of the texts that made my bf upset, and then you guys can let me know if I'm being unreasonable. Also, this is going to be very embarrassing. Just try to finish it.
Her: Hey, do you want to be gym buddies? I'm going tomorrow.
Me: Does the gym supply big fat asses? I need me some of that 🍑🍑🍑
Her: IT ABSOLUTELY F*CKIN DOES! :D
Me: Bring a dildo. Threaten to shove it up my rear end whenever I consider quitting, okay?
Her: Good idea, and I'll tape it to the ground while I do squats. That's real encouragement.
Me: You need Jesus.
Her: I need abs!! I'll pick you up tomorrow.
And that's it. Now, I'm not saying it's not an immature conversation, but I feel like my my Bf is blowing this out of proportion. He went on and on about how it's wrong and inappropriate that my friend was talking about using a dildo during the convo, but it was a joke!
Now he's saying he doesn't know how comfortable he is with her being my friend. I think he's being very dramatic, and at this point I haven't made a move to resolve this issue with him yet because he's asking me to limit my time with her, which I don't feel I should entertain that as a possibility.
Am I being unreasonable? What should I do? Was the conversation too vulgar? Help.
Tl;dr: Bf saw texts to a friend that he considered way too vulgar. He's uncomfortable but I feel like he's overreacting.

I see they're the perfect "he's kind of a wiener, she isn't half as funny as she thinks she is" couple.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Coming to NBC this spring!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Antivehicular posted:

Bf [22M] doesn't like the way I [22F] talk to my friend. He thinks I'm too vulgar. I don't agree. What do I do now?Relationships
submitted 6 hours ago * by Confused2233

I see they're the perfect "he's kind of a wiener, she isn't half as funny as she thinks she is" couple.

She is going to leave the weiner boyfriend for the cool gym lady who can joke around.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Feb 13, 2017

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Anime is garbage.
Non-anime is also garbage.
Hth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

My[30M] SO [26F] is clumsy to the point its becoming embarrassing to go out with her.[new]
submitted 49 minutes ago by embaresed

quote:

We've been together for 2 years. I love her very much and I feel bad even posting this but I need to get it out before I say something I'll regret.
She's talented and great at so many things in so many ways that it kind of doesn't make sense how clumsy she is.
She drops things, bumps into things, breaks things all. the. time.
Shes an amazing cook but you know when shes cooking because you'll hear her drop a pan while trying to get it out. Or she'll drop/break things while shes putting things away.
But it doesn't stop there, no, you can tell where shes sitting because she'll usually have either bit of water or food dropped/scattered around her. Often she'll also drop her knife or fork on the floor too.
When ever we go out, we have to ask for a new set of cutlery, not to mention the mess it makes under the table. I'm worried about her doing something and dropping water/drinks down all the time when out and its really frustrating.
She's a doctor, training to be a surgeon, how is she this careless with other things in her life, it makes no sense to me.
She's not professional at all. I can't imagine a work lunch out with her to a nice place.
When she enters a room, she'll bump into something at one point or another and will drop something. I don't even know how she gets through surgery without dropping things or bumping into the things.
We went to my work function together. Which was a formal event. She ended up dropping some of her juice on the table, some of her food ended up on her clothing (nicely stained) and also dropped her knife. To make things worse, she went under the table to get it and I was freaking out that she was going to pull the table cloth and everything down under with it.
So I don't want to hurt her feelings but I think she needs to address this issue. How do I talk to her about this in a sensitive way ?
tl;dr: My partner is clumsy and drops, breaks bumps into everything

I always wonder whether these people are exaggerating "my wife has dropped a fork a couple times when we eat out" in posts like this or whether this many people are really in relationships with Mr. Bean