Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I never watched KotH until today. I didn't like it much.

that boy ain't right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

The jokes fall really flat for me and I have no connection to suburban American Life in Texas.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
maybe you just don't "get" it

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
king of the hill can take a few epoisodes before you click with it

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

The jokes fall really flat for me and I have no connection to suburban American Life in Texas.

what do you think of peggy? prtty awful right?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
misanthrope you probably have more posts in this thread complaining about peggy hill than any single one of us has saying good things about the show in general

admit it, you're male peggy hill irl and you don't enjoy staring into the mirror of the soul

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

The White Dragon posted:

admit it, you're male peggy hill irl and you don't enjoy staring into the mirror of the soul

probably

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

A misanthrope posted:

what do you think of peggy? prtty awful right?

She was pretty inoffensive in the 8 episodes I watched before quitting it.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Dang it Bobby I got manger babies in my narrow urethra.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

'sgo 'sgo 'sgo. 'sget there.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Hank telling Peggy that the manger babies are at the door is probably my favorite moment in the show.

B.H. Facials
May 9, 2011

"Getting teased is part of growing up. It's no big deal. Just tell yourself, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a .44 Magnum will tear that bully a new asshole!'"

Nonviolent J posted:

I used to hate KotH until I saw the episode where Dale had the falcon that kept attacking Bill. Now I love the show, so many great episodes.
https://youtu.be/iuCACam6TMk

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I always loved how just about every college age kid is, without fail, a total piece of poo poo. Especially if its a guy working a job, they are always completely insufferable. Mike knows his stuff!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Wicker Man posted:

I always loved how just about every college age kid is, without fail, a total piece of poo poo. Especially if its a guy working a job, they are always completely insufferable. Mike knows his stuff!

Thanks for the latte, Kenneth

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
GO SOONERS

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
"In my day, the Principal was the meanest sumbitch God ever put on one leg. He'd lean on a desk with both hands and swing his leg at ya! Then, when you were standin' there shocked that a one-legged man had kicked ya, he'd bite ya."

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

bwaah

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Haha I just watched that one. The guy is smoking as Hank walks into the propane dealership.

The Cowboys training camp moved a ton since that episode aired. It was only in Wichita Falls from 1998-2002, then went to Oxnard, CA. I wonder what their video was like.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

You know what Ford stands for, right? Fix It Again, Tony.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Nonviolent J posted:

I only ever got in to it because I had a buddy who watched it. You have to get to know and be a little sympathetic to the characters I think.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

...and the pitch! posted:

I only ever got in to it because I had a buddy who watched it. You have to get to know and be a little sympathetic to the characters I think.

Mine was because I grew up in Texas and Oklahoma...

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Bobby: Why do you keep trying to turn me into you?
Hank: Yea yea yea. We've all seen the after-school specials, except I'm not an alcoholic and you're not an ice skater.

Started rewatching because of this thread.
It's good poo poo.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
This is a fat kids thread. :(

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
That's what they call "Justice of the Unicorn."

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

TwoStepBoog posted:

Bobby: Why do you keep trying to turn me into you?
Hank: Yea yea yea. We've all seen the after-school specials, except I'm not an alcoholic and you're not an ice skater.

Started rewatching because of this thread.
It's good poo poo.

I don't get it, why is Luann so afraid of becoming bobby?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

54 40 or gently caress posted:

I don't get it, why is Luann so afraid of becoming bobby?

Bobby Hillbilly marrying hillbilly cousin. You owe me $5!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Bobby Hillbilly marrying hillbilly cousin. You owe me $5!

The best gag, aside from when Dale finally dressed up as a woman just as Hank had Bill sorted out.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
This show also does a great thing where sometimes, a scene will begin and the very last part of a previous conversation is finishing, so there are these incredible one-line non sequiturs (usually by Dale or Peggy) that would never fit anywhere else.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

The best gag, aside from when Dale finally dressed up as a woman just as Hank had Bill sorted out.

NnnGHEH

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

did you just say "go mom? Now whos the crazy one.....

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Exactly. I loved that so much. The whole time, Dale is giving Bill so much poo poo for the Lenore act, and when he (Dale) finally caves and is about to show support for Bill, when Dale finally cracks, it's pretty much the worst moment.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Bills, bills, bills...... why do we keep getting Bill's mail?

John Yossarian
Aug 24, 2013
When did Hank start working for Buck Strickland?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

John Yossarian posted:

When he learned about the pure and simple beauty of a gas called "Propane."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

John Yossarian posted:

In his early 20s. After he graduated from high school he worked for a clothes shop called "Jeans West" when Buck came in for some pants and hired him.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
KOTH taught me that true love is eating lovely gas-cooked steak instead of pure coal coated meat because you know it matters a lot to your partner/parent even tho they're wrong.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

N. Senada posted:

KOTH taught me that true love is eating lovely gas-cooked steak instead of pure coal coated meat because you know it matters a lot to your partner/parent even tho they're wrong.

You mean like when Peggy "came to her senses?"

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

muscles like this! posted:

In his early 20s. After he graduated from high school he worked for a clothes shop called "Jeans West" when Buck came in for some pants and hired him.

Umm didn't he sell lawnmowers before jeans west

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

The clock at the bank once said 110 degrees!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

sinking belle posted:

did you just say "go mom? Now whos the crazy one.....

This times a million