Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

David D. Davidson posted:

The only thing disappointing about Marvel's Conan the barbarian comics is that since they also owned the rights to Transformers at the same time, we never got any panels featuring Conan riding Grimlock.

loving hell, that would have been too much awesome to be contained in mere panels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Phy posted:

They rolled it back a whole bunch later until the only crossovers were with GI Joe and Death's Head, but the original Marvel four-comic miniseries for Transformers was meant to be set in 616, or somewhere close to it. Spider-Man guest-starred in an issue, in the black costume no less.

I'd post a funny panel, but what I can find aren't.

I was never a Transformers fan, but here's Death's Head in one issue of the S.W.O.R.D. mini. (Beast just disarmed him by unhanding him.)

He was also an amusing prick when kidnapping Tony Stark for a bounty in some Iron Man arc, too.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
He just came back in Nova like, last month, too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Death's Head is good character, yes?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Rhyno posted:

I think he's British, like Judge Dredd.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Those british people, with their huge guns and spikes.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Its really annoying that they're like 20 feet tall

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lurdiak posted:

Those british people, with their huge guns and spikes.

This also explains everything Games Workshop has ever created.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

prefect posted:

This also explains everything Games Workshop has ever created.

The big guy on the right is called Mag Uruk Thraka. :allears:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
You should see the Queen.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Fun fact. Corgis are actually the size of gold retrievers

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
I think they said Death's Head was Canadian in the latest Nova appearance.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Balon posted:

I think they said Death's Head was Canadian in the latest Nova appearance.

He's not Canadian, he just sounds like it.

(source is Nova #3)

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The universal translator in the helmet always make Bocce sound Canadian.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Death's Head was awesome and so was Dragon's Claws.

Rhyno posted:

I understood this.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Amazing X-Men #19

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

WickedHate posted:

The big guy on the right is called Mag Uruk Thraka. :allears:

For those who don't get it (and I didn't for many years.) If you say the Ork Warboss's name out loud it is basically Margaret Thatcher, who was the British PM at the time.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

The Question IRL posted:

For those who don't get it (and I didn't for many years.) If you say the Ork Warboss's name out loud it is basically Margaret Thatcher, who was the British PM at the time.

Oh my god.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

The Question IRL posted:

Not enough skulls or blood, then.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Jetfire posted:

Oh my god.

I love seeing people realize this for the first time.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

The Question IRL posted:

Record yourself mangling either name to make them fit, because I can't hear it at all.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Xander77 posted:

Record yourself mangling either name to make them fit, because I can't hear it at all.

Margarek Thracker.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

VanSandman posted:

I love seeing people realize this for the first time.

Stuff you totally missed the first time around: The Female from The Boys has Obelix's origin story, I went :eyepop: when I realised.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

WickedHate posted:

Amazing X-Men #19

This is excellent. :golfclap:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

WickedHate posted:

Amazing X-Men #19

Does Colossus ever win, or is he just the Piccolo of the X-men, only there to get jobbed by the villain to establish them as a threat?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Juggernaut is actually the usual jobber. He sits in the gap between the Luke Cages and the Supermen of the world, so he's always perfect for getting smacked around to establish threats. In that issue, he had just gotten a massive power boost, and then I think that was his last appearance since(they beat him by tripping him off a cliff into the ocean and just walking away).

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Do X-Men writers keep telling their fans that Colossus is "one of the strongest beings on the planet?" Because that guy's power set is "muscular man with living metal armour." Did that get changed with power creep over the years?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
no, he was always superhumanly strong. perhaps you are confusing him with the ultimate or 90's cartoon versions?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Nilbop posted:

Do X-Men writers keep telling their fans that Colossus is "one of the strongest beings on the planet?" Because that guy's power set is "muscular man with living metal armour." Did that get changed with power creep over the years?

I think I've sometimes seen it qualified as one of the "strongest mortals" just to further drive home he's in his own little corner of "Man, you're loving strong! Like, holy poo poo. But, you know. We've got cosmic poo poo, magical crystals, and deities walking around so uh... yeah."

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pretty much any strong character has been the victim of gradual power creep or else their strength ends up feeling super unimpressive for their story role.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
When Pitor joined the X-Men, super strength meant having the limbs of a gorilla. Cut him some slack.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I think what did it for me was in AvX (and I might be misremembering here because I hate this event and haven't read it since it was first released) he was going toe to toe with Thor or Hulk or somebody *before* he got the Phoenix upgrade and I remember thinking that was just silly.

Like if he's getting clowned on the regular by Juggy, Thor and Bruce should be punching him into space, right?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nilbop posted:

I think what did it for me was in AvX (and I might be misremembering here because I hate this event and haven't read it since it was first released) he was going toe to toe with Thor or Hulk or somebody *before* he got the Phoenix upgrade and I remember thinking that was just silly.

Like if he's getting clowned on the regular by Juggy, Thor and Bruce should be punching him into space, right?

I think he was the Juggernaut at that point so that's like extra power on top of being strong and metal.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
quick GIS tells me that Juggernaut is a bit of an issue for Thor, less of an issue for Hulk.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I think he was the Juggernaut at that point so that's like extra power on top of being strong and metal.

Yup! That was a cool period. AvX was a good event aside from everything that happened after.

Jago posted:

quick GIS tells me that Juggernaut is a bit of an issue for Thor, less of an issue for Hulk.

"Go be unstoppable in New Jersey".

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Juggernaut's power has fluctuated more than anyone's over the years, so it's really hard to judge anyone by how well they do against him.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Does anyone have that Spider-Man panel where he goes "Doc Ock made my webbing stronger, and now it's stuck to my butt" panel handy?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Nilbop posted:

Colossus has been strong as hell for decades.

Also in the panels above if I remember correctly Juggernaut is like amped up way beyond his normal levels by Cyttorak.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Actually can someone post the panels of when Phoenix colossus tries to get rid of also being Juggernaut and Cyttorak basically goes "Are you kidding me? Have you seen all the havoc and destruction you're causing? This is loving great!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Colossus has always kind of a joke. He's super strong, but not super strong enough to hang with the big boys. His role in almost every X-men story is to throw a couple punches before getting clowned to show how tough the new villain is before the real X-,men beat him.