Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Oh great another wave of gay rear end video game smilies are about to hit the forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Woof Blitzer posted:

Oh great another wave of gay rear end video game smilies are about to hit the forums

lol gently caress you're right

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Love me some Mass Effect but going to wait for reviews.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
go buy all the smiles before they can

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

:speculate:
:edi:
:sicknasty:
:legion:
:zaeed:
:liara:
:shepface:
:shepicide:
:tali:
:turianass:
that's a pretty decent amount of money for lowtax

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
like at least 4 of those I didn't know existed and the other 4 I woudln't have guessed were ME related there may be some overlap on my numbers I can't actually be bothered to count

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Mass Effect is my favorite video game series and I would buy it day 1 but I'll be in the middle of a Yakima rotation when it comes out. So I'll play it for like a week and a half once we get back until we go out for an additional 2 weeks at Yakima.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

honestly for as much bitching as there was about the ending i legit enjoyed every second of the games and have probably played mass effect 2 more times than any other game i've owned ever

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Mustang posted:

until we go out for an additional 2 weeks at Yakima.
lol

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Say it with me: "I love JABLAM thiiiiis much!"

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTsD2FjmLsw

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
yeah I ddint spend every moment of my life speculating on ME lore and poo poo because that's weird as gently caress and I was fine with it. I don't think I've ever been hyped enough to go that deep into a game where I'm editing wikis and poo poo about penis sizes for characters and poo poo but I suppose if I was a TRUE GAMER and did that I would have also been very mad about my cliche sci fi game having a weird ending

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

oh poo poo sounds like this thread needs to see talisweat.jpg

like this is the most loving mental fandom poo poo i've ever seen by a long way

how hosed up and lonely do you have to be to write a literal essay about what a fictional alien's sweat might smell like

http://imgur.com/CA488fh

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

yeah I ddint spend every moment of my life speculating on ME lore and poo poo because that's weird as gently caress and I was fine with it. I don't think I've ever been hyped enough to go that deep into a game where I'm editing wikis and poo poo about penis sizes for characters and poo poo but I suppose if I was a TRUE GAMER and did that I would have also been very mad about my cliche sci fi game having a weird ending

edit you loving beat me to it

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i've tried reading that before but my eyes roll so far into the back of my head by the end of the second sentence. Like I play videogames probably way too much but I will never, ever, consider myself a GAMER because of that kind of poo poo. It's a hobby or a pasttime, not a lifestyle

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Feb 13, 2017

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Whenever I see a rant like that, I automatically thank god for Star Trek nerds, who actually did stuff with their lives like become scientists and engineers. Instead of trying to justify pointy ears, giant eyes, and enormous tits on every piece of alien "concept art" they went out and designed touch screens, communications equipment, supercomputing tech, spacecraft, and are trying to figure out how to make crazy poo poo like the Alcubierre Drive practical.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Godholio posted:

Whenever I see a rant like that, I automatically thank god for Star Trek nerds, who actually did stuff with their lives like become scientists and engineers. Instead of trying to justify pointy ears, giant eyes, and enormous tits on every piece of alien "concept art" they went out and designed touch screens, communications equipment, supercomputing tech, spacecraft, and are trying to figure out how to make crazy poo poo like the Alcubierre Drive practical.

Yeah like, I'm sure there are weirdos out there wondering what Spocks taint tasted like because he had green blood or what the gently caress ever, but so many dudes were like HELL yeah lets make this poo poo real. Now you just go to Hastings (before it died) and buy a pokeball backback and fingerless batman gloves and say I"M A POLYAMOROUS NERD and read manga on a cum encrusted pillow while your fat wife/gf gets banged by a guy dressed like yoshi

where have all the cowboys gone

i'm drunk as gently caress sorry gip

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i never played a mass effect game past the intro sequence. come at me

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i never played a mass effect game past the intro sequence. come at me

thats ok everyone has different tastes and thats cool and good

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
but i also played thru all of dragon age 2

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I pre ordered andromeda for PC. FYI there's a site called the andromeda initiative or something and if you look at some videos you can get some dumb helmet for the game if you're keen.

Found it: https://www.masseffect.com/andromeda-initiative

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
DA2 wasnt BAD. It wasn't great but I liked it enough.

I have like such a low standard for games. I started off on like lovely NES games, and after playing lovely NES game rentals for years and years, it's not hard to forgive games.

Oh this game is actually able to be finished? It's GOOD ENOUGH

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah like, I'm sure there are weirdos out there wondering what Spocks taint tasted like because he had green blood or what the gently caress ever, but so many dudes were like HELL yeah lets make this poo poo real. Now you just go to Hastings (before it died) and buy a pokeball backback and fingerless batman gloves and say I"M A POLYAMOROUS NERD and read manga on a cum encrusted pillow while your fat wife/gf gets banged by a guy dressed like yoshi

i'm drunk as gently caress sorry gip

never apologise for writing good words

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

DA2 wasnt BAD. It wasn't great but I liked it enough.

I have like such a low standard for games. I started off on like lovely NES games, and after playing lovely NES game rentals for years and years, it's not hard to forgive games.

Oh this game is actually able to be finished? It's GOOD ENOUGH

actually, relative to da:o, da2 is loving trash. even judged on its own merits, its pretty subpar

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

actually, relative to da:o, da2 is loving trash. even judged on its own merits, its pretty subpar

nothing I said contradicts that, haha. It was pretty dumb but compared to a lot of poo poo it was at least semi-competent.

Like the lowest level of decent games, like the lowest level of being "decent" before you start diving into monster truck and barbie games but eh

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Naked Bear posted:

Say it with me: "I love JABLAM thiiiiis much!"

I do love it here but basically living in YTC for 2 months straight is pretty lame I have to admit

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Mustang lives in opposite military land just ignore whatever he says tbh

good for him getting the golden assignment but lol, just lol

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

DA:2 is total loving trash and I say that as someone who played through the whole trilogy within the last year. DA:3 is only slightly behind it.

DA:1 owned, though. It holds up really well.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Just did the quiet mission seven times in a row to get her back. Thank Satan for tanks.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

ME2 was the best. I had no idea what was happening in the ending of 3 but it wasn't as bad a game as everyone made it out to be

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

ME2 was the best. I had no idea what was happening in the ending of 3 but it wasn't as bad a game as everyone made it out to be

you picked a color that most represented how you imagined tali's space suit vag smelled i think :shrug: worst game ever

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Buca di Bepis posted:

DA:2 is total loving trash and I say that as someone who played through the whole trilogy within the last year. DA:3 is only slightly behind it.

DA:1 owned, though. It holds up really well.

da3 is alright, but its biggest issue was pacing. way too much dumb poo poo to do in the late mid to end game

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

yup bioware take note:
make a game about recruiting space bros and going on cool adventures with your space bros

end it with a wicked sick mission against the big bad where you blow poo poo the gently caress up

it's not loving complicated

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm not big on boss battles but shooting terminator baby in the face was p. rad

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
I think I'm gonna knock out some horror games next.

Soma
Alien Isolation + DLC
RE7
Last of Us

e: oh and dying light

elite_garbage_man fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Feb 13, 2017

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
id say only 2, maybe 3 of those count as horror, but theyre all pretty good. except maybe soma, still iffy on how that one went

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I'm not big on boss battles but shooting terminator baby in the face was p. rad

also the bit where you have to steal the reaper core can be insta-won by shooting a nuke at it

goty

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Mass Effect 2 was pretty much peak.

Blow poo poo the gently caress up? CHECK!
Punch reporter in the face? CHECK!
Punch insubordinate follower in the face AS A PARAGON? CHECK!
Push rear end in a top hat mook off a ledge to his death? CHECK!
Bad dancing? CHECK!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOXR_0wO6GA&t=4s

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

which insubordinate follower do you punch in the face? i'm struggling here. grunt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Mining was largely pointless but it was tranquil as gently caress and had all the right sound effects/visuals/music