Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I absolutely love the Warden playstyle. I played this for way more than I thought I would during the beta. There's so many loving games out there though, I give it a month or two before people stop playing this. If i'm right, it'll be a shame considering I've been waiting for this game for about a year and a half.

It'll be like Warhammer Space Marine all over again. Except this multiplayer is actually good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Fargin Icehole posted:

It'll be like Warhammer Space Marine all over again.

:eyepop:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

hey welcome to the show! posted:

Calm down. Someone in this world loves you, ask for a hug. Do you need to poop? Some people get irritable when they need to poop.

Its Chomp. He lives to shitpost and rage on the internet about stupid poo poo.

I don't know why he doesn't just go post about poo poo he does like, but that's Chomp.

Chomp8645 posted:

lol don't be an rear end in a top hat

Lol are you loving kidding me

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Okay look, i liked looking good while using the heavy bolter.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

panda clue posted:

Knights won the faction thing btw, so you picked knight grats, you get a sick border emblem thing:

wow seemed like last time I checked the map was mostly green samurai zone.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Fargin Icehole posted:

Okay look, i liked looking good while using the heavy bolter.

Checks out. The whole Warhammer franchise is based off spending hours painting tiny mans to perfection after all.

The Space Marine campaign was ok for a trip I thought. The MP though was.... not so good :(

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Wandle Cax posted:

wow seemed like last time I checked the map was mostly green samurai zone.

The Samurai go to bed early.

Knights poopsock all through the night.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
It seems like the DEUS VULT meme caught on in a big way on reddit in the final day too which may have tipped the scales.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Chomp8645 posted:

It seems like the DEUS VULT meme caught on in a big way on reddit in the final day too which may have tipped the scales.

I literally think this is what did it, hilariously enough. god dammit i hate the internet

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

panda clue posted:

I literally think this is what did it, hilariously enough. god dammit i hate the internet

Doubtful. It was pretty much the same through nearly every day of the Open Beta. We'd get clubbed to hell at night, then I'd wake up and we'd be in control again, or drat near.

Just seems to be an outcome of who's playing in what time zones.

Last night the Samurai were kicking the living hell out of everyone.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The Samurai will rise again.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Yeah if anything I thought the Samurai and Vikings were winning the faction war :shrug:

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Captain Oblivious posted:

Doubtful. It was pretty much the same through nearly every day of the Open Beta. We'd get clubbed to hell at night, then I'd wake up and we'd be in control again, or drat near.

I think it's a product of the short campaign since this was only a 4 day beta. Presumably over 3 months the swings will even out a bit.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

When NA goes to bed EU takes over, and I think its a fairly safe assumption Knights are most popular there.

At least going by that faction war website thing I saw through facebook, Canada is almost all Viking :black101:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Chomp8645 posted:

Whoa don't they know Polygon said it's racist to say that?

panda clue
May 23, 2014

fadam posted:

that article triggered me so hard. gamingjournalism.txt

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Evil Canadian posted:

When NA goes to bed EU takes over, and I think its a fairly safe assumption Knights are most popular there.

At least going by that faction war website thing I saw through facebook, Canada is almost all Viking :black101:

Presenting: The Turth

No idea what the source of this data is but if it's accurate then lol yeah the biggest factor in the Faction War was what time of day it stopped.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
3d line graph, im triggered

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

fadam posted:

I didn't know myself, so I looked it up...

panda clue
May 23, 2014
it's literally the worst article on the internet

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

panda clue posted:

that article triggered me so hard. gamingjournalism.txt

It's kind of a dumb article but they're not wrong that it's probably worth paying attention when it's used and how it's used because much like people who use swastikas in games frequently aren't actually being ironic at all, there is an actual correlation to lovely people :v:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

panda clue posted:

it's literally the worst article on the internet

Challenge accepted:

http://kotaku.com/5964584/how-diablo-iii-told-me-my-marriage-was-over

Read that and tell me it isn't worse.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

It's kind of a dumb article but they're not wrong that it's probably worth paying attention when it's used and how it's used because much like people who use swastikas in games frequently aren't actually being ironic at all, there is an actual correlation to lovely people :v:

Especially since a lot of it originated from the Paradox community and yeah, lots of them are literal Nazis.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Chomp8645 posted:

Challenge accepted:

LOL I forgot about this, thank you. it can enter the hallowed halls of bad game articles alongside 90% of polygon

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Chomp8645 posted:

I didn't know myself, so I looked it up...

First Pepe, now this...

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Chomp8645 posted:

Challenge accepted:

holy poo poo

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Chomp8645 posted:

Challenge accepted:

also lmao at the apology at the end

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Babe Magnet posted:

:chanpop:

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Babe Magnet posted:

Taking the picture should've been that red flag where maybe "This is not a good idea".

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Buschmaki posted:

This is why revenge mode is a bad idea in the duel gametype

Yeah I honestly don't get why it procs in 1v1s. Mainly because its existence just means the optimal strategy for anyone that has been blocked a bunch is to just run away until their revenge meter backs down. Not very interesting.

Captain Beans posted:

How is it even possible to generate enough meter in a 1v1 to get revenge?

Its happened to me against people really good at blocking. I play Berserker so you're throwing out a ton of attacks constantly. I want to keep the pressure up, I mean that's the whole point of the class, but it can feed someone revenge mode. So if I'm playing optimally I would instead just break lock on and sprint around the map for 30 seconds so they lose all their revenge meter, then go back to hitting them.

VVVV Some of them are open areas you can easily run around. It depends on the map.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Feb 13, 2017

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

Yeah I honestly don't get why it procs in 1v1s. Mainly because its existence just means the optimal strategy for anyone that has been blocked a bunch is to just run away until their revenge meter backs down. Not very interesting.

Yeah but at least running away isn't going to get you far in a 1v1 because the areas are quite small, you will run into a dead end.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

I'm having For Honor withdrawals. Anyone else having For Honor withdrawals? Is there a meeting with coffee and cookies I can go to?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Chivalry should tie you over until the 14th.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Mercedes posted:

I'm having For Honor withdrawals. Anyone else having For Honor withdrawals? Is there a meeting with coffee and cookies I can go to?

I feel a deep yearning to make the Samurai great again and it is going unfulfilled.

Tomorrow, the great work begins.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Chomp8645 posted:

I feel a deep yearning to make the Samurai great again and it is going unfulfilled.

The samurai were never great.

Blakkout
Aug 24, 2006

No thought was put into this.
I didn't get in on the beta, but this looks like something I could put a few hours into. I hope the learning curve is somewhat managable.

Can someone explain how modern DLC works? If I get access to all future content for free, why buy a season pass?

Who am I kidding? I need to get those little loving helmets anyway.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Chomp8645 posted:

Someone mentioned that its actually up tomorrow - is this true? I was assuming it wasn't up until Tuesday.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

panda clue posted:

Someone mentioned that its actually up tomorrow - is this true? I was assuming it wasn't up until Tuesday.

idk for certain because I heard that it's not a global shared release time???

Right now Steam tells me 23 hours which would put it at approximately 9:00 PM PST (my time zone). Which is... probably too late to be useful so yeah basically Tuesday lol.

Haroshia posted:

The samurai were never great.

How DARE you.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Chomp8645 posted:

How DARE you.

As a member of the glorious tin can master race I hip thrust in your general direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
What's the cheapest you US folks have seen a PC key for? My go to only has keys for Europe and $60 for this is a bit steep.

Also I'm not sure what happened to the raider, but I've been playing since the first alpha and never had much luck with them. This time though holy poo poo I was wiping out entire teams :stare: