Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Hai is zoning 2-3 people off by just popping yomus and this lets MF use full channel ult every teamfight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
rofl Altec

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Dragongem posted:

rofl Altec
terrible ult

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
God drat, you can see why high still picks zed: He can kill the support, sometimes.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
why didn't hai shot call altec to not stand there? :confused:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Schnorkles posted:

why didn't hai shot call altec to not stand there? :confused:

altec is cool

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Amazing zoning by high there, forcing c9 to win the game instead of all jump into the fountain.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Great series. Flyquest could have won this series and their win was way more dominant than C9.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

there was a lot of friendship in this series

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

C9 vs Fly is gonna be one hell of a playoff final.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Enjoying NA LCS quite a lot at the moment.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

For those who didn't watch any of the games I suggest watching Flyquest, Echofox's games they are really proactive teams and their games are fun. They also pick some fun champs from time to time. C9 despite being number 1 are a really slow team and seem to not have the best early game maybe because of Contractz.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1rDo06797Q

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Ulio posted:

Great series. Flyquest could have won this series and their win was way more dominant than C9.

Flyquest's win was more dominant than either of c9, but if they played a rematch set right away, I'd expect probably the same outcome, with fly having a more impressive winning game but losing the series 2-1 again.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Zerilan posted:

Flyquest's win was more dominant than either of c9, but if they played a rematch set right away, I'd expect probably the same outcome, with fly having a more impressive winning game but losing the series 2-1 again.

I have to disagree. Fly lost due to bad pick/bans. First game they gave up Camille and they couldn't deal with her late despite crushing her early and game 3 was a 4.5v5 when Zilean neutered Zed. If they have an even pick/ban I think Flyquest is the better in game team.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Draft phase is as much a team skill as anything else.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Zerilan posted:

Draft phase is as much a team skill as anything else.

Oh definitely, the drafts from Fly were completely retarded and that's why they lost. It's not illegitimate or anything.

EDIT: To clarify I think that in another series they wouldn't make the same pick/draft mistakes. I've heard that Jensen promised Hai he'd play an assassin into Zed but that may just be a rumor.

NovemberMike fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Feb 13, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

cant believe that jensen was such a coward and didnt pick an assassin to gently caress up his team comp and lose the game

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
An assassin into Malz and Maokai seems like a genius pick, gee I wonder why C9 didn't do it...

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Obvious collusion from Cheat 9. Can't win without rigging champ select.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
Hang on, I just found out that Immortals is 4-4. How in the hell is IMT .500?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
https://twitter.com/marco_ys35/status/831026421195632640

this guy

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
For a champion that has been picked so many times this split already, this is a ridiculously good winrate:

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Crazy Larry posted:

Hang on, I just found out that Immortals is 4-4. How in the hell is IMT .500?

you should check out some of the games by the teams below them

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I don't remember if Vasilli in part caused LMQ to break up or not but there were definitely whispers of him throwing tantrums back then too

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Rumours of him throwing computer screens too.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I will never understand feeling that amount of rage at something that doesn't threaten the life of me or mine.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
lmq were too perfect for this world

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Lmq owned so much and when I type it my phones auto correct attempts to change it to On my way!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Kibner posted:

I will never understand feeling that amount of rage at something that doesn't threaten the life of me or mine.
Steroids.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Watch C9 flyquest Y/N?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

It was a good series. Honestly na lcs have been pretty good games as a whole

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I guess Trump didn't lie when he promised to make NA LCS great again.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i think most of the bad games are banished to the other channel, like im not sure ive seen an entire NV game this split

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Sexpansion posted:

For a champion that has been picked so many times this split already, this is a ridiculously good winrate:

I don't remember how far back in the thread it was, but there was talk about Varus win rate being low because of his high pick percentage which... Doesn't make sense if you have any understanding of statistics. High sample size decreases the variance, so the low win rate is probably reflective of his position in pro play.

For the post I actually quoted, Kha seems like the best jungler right now. Ivern can do some insane things if his team makes it out of lane phase in a decent position. However Kha just seems to do insane damage at every stage of the game. He has a gap closer, a mini Ashe W, and great pick potential. As others in the thread have pointed out, I would be much more afraid of Kha than Rengar.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Shadow225 posted:

I don't remember how far back in the thread it was, but there was talk about Varus win rate being low because of his high pick percentage which... Doesn't make sense if you have any understanding of statistics. High sample size decreases the variance, so the low win rate is probably reflective of his position in pro play.

It also increases the amount of confounding variables, since Varus isn't always picked into good comps/etc. If you always pick Varus and never pick a good poke comp and/or something to get the Varus ahead enough to become King Poke Shitlord ADC, then his win rate will go down but still remain King Poke Shitlord.

Pure win rate is generally useful in pro play but the number of games they play make it not as useful as, say, solo queue win rates as a general indicator.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Shadow225 posted:

For the post I actually quoted, Kha seems like the best jungler right now. Ivern can do some insane things if his team makes it out of lane phase in a decent position. However Kha just seems to do insane damage at every stage of the game. He has a gap closer, a mini Ashe W, and great pick potential. As others in the thread have pointed out, I would be much more afraid of Kha than Rengar.
Also, Kha gets a massive amount out of Lethality items---Ghostblade gives him a speed boost he'd like and penetration he loves, and Edge of Night synergizes well with his kit to ensure that if your response to him jumping on you is "QUICK HIT THE ASSASSIN WITH ALL THE CC" gets partially confounded. At which point he's maybe gotten a reset and hopped away. Meanwhile Rengar's much more of a "get in and stay in" kinda guy between his roar and his leap being predicated upon terrain/ulting, so he loves Ghostblade, but Edge doesn't help as much as it does the dude who can 100-0 you in a combo and then hop away.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Shadow225 posted:

Kha seems like the best jungler right now

Completely agreed. Maybe if you're a Lee Sin or Rengar whisperer those could be better picks, but honestly I'd probably just prefer to have a great kha'zix player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

thelazyblank posted:

It also increases the amount of confounding variables, since Varus isn't always picked into good comps/etc. If you always pick Varus and never pick a good poke comp and/or something to get the Varus ahead enough to become King Poke Shitlord ADC, then his win rate will go down but still remain King Poke Shitlord.

Pure win rate is generally useful in pro play but the number of games they play make it not as useful as, say, solo queue win rates as a general indicator.

Your two arguments are at odds with each other. You can't say that playing more games increases the confounding variables (by the way these become null with enough data) and then claim that the solution is that solo queue win rate is the better gauge of champ quality.

I do agree that more data points are useful for a number of reasons, but i would comparing comp play and solo queue win rates are comparing two different populations.

Anywho, enough of that tangent.

• Locked thread