Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I like how they're like "hey our main spillway has a hole in it"

"ok, open the emergency spillway"

*bit later*

"hey that has a hole in it too"

"ok nvm"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

This looks pretty dam bad.

Just think of the puns that will inundate the news now. They've really opened the floodgates.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Psycho Society posted:

So less than one F-35? sweet

Woah woah woah slow down there. Look, I want to save those people's homes and livelihoods as much as anyone but the F-35; that's a sweet ride.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Psycho Society posted:

I like how they're like "hey our main spillway has a hole in it"

"ok, open the emergency spillway"

*bit later*

"hey that has a hole in it too"

"ok nvm"

This current news conference is that everything is fine because they are blasting the hosed up original spillway with a huge amount of water, so the hosed up backup spillway is no longer blasted by water.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Sounds like this dam problem is one I was born to fix

lock stock and Cheryl
Dec 19, 2009

by zen death robot
This is looking pretty bad. They need to drop the reservoir by 50 feet to deal with upcoming storms, which sounds like running the spillways at full blast for the 3 days between now and then.

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I don't and you're a bad person if this is a serious post.

don't worry you've had the worst posts on practically every page in the thread champ, cry me a river JT

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why do these news people keep saying that they won't be able to do the helicopter rock deliveries at night?

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

Why do these news people keep saying that they won't be able to do the helicopter rock deliveries at night?

because they had a news conference and the schlubby nerd detailed how they haven't been able to access the damaged area and can not do helicopter rock deliveries at night and have to wait until tomorrow to try and assess the damage while they blast the already destroyed spillway all night to try and lower the reservoir.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Platystemon posted:

About as expensive as the normal spillway,

less expensive than the property damage and disruption caused by not building it.

How often does this happen. We had floods here a few years back where the flood-gates were over-topped and everyone ranted and raved about the devastation caused by the deliberate release of water and why didn't they build something to stop it happening. When all the numbers were crunched, it was such a rare event that mitigation would be the costlier option (with no guarantee that something built for a once a century event would even be functional when needed).

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Does this flood have the potential to damage the Yorba Linda Water District? This is extremely important.

Snotty By Nature
Sep 11, 2007

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Node posted:

Does this flood have the potential to damage the Yorba Linda Water District? This is extremely important.

No.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Goon history is preserved. We can all be thankful for that.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Node posted:

Goon history is preserved. We can all be thankful for that.

all the pictures in that thread are gone.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The latent heat of a million acre‐feet of water is only three exajoules.

That’s only like seven Tsar Bombas. We could evaporate the water and make it Nevada’s problem.

Michael Bay, are you listening?

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

The Hero we deserve.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Well at least Yuba City never changed

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Guy Goodbody posted:

all the pictures in that thread are gone.

KORN.jpg survives. Just the image though. The actual Korn is dead.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

RocktheCaulk posted:

Sounds like this dam problem is one I was born to fix

Oh, do you have a long history of sticking your finger in dikes?

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Das Boo posted:

Oh, do you have a long history of sticking your finger in dikes?

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
at least this is happening in california so global warming based natura l disasters will all over the news cause if this poo poo was in missouri nobody would give a drat

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

did they solve the problem

Snotty By Nature
Sep 11, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

did they solve the problem

No, we're all still alive.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

nigga crab pollock posted:

at least this is happening in california so global warming based natura l disasters will all over the news cause if this poo poo was in missouri nobody would give a dam

ftfy

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Platystemon posted:

The latent heat of a million acre‐feet of water is only three exajoules.

That’s only like seven Tsar Bombas. We could evaporate the water and make it Nevada’s problem.

Michael Bay, are you listening?

this is the best plan to save the town

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
sacramento live gbs update: still not dead

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
when can i start looting

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
haha good i hopethey all DIE

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
isn't this the first of many dams in the US that are about to fail due to no money ever being spent on them

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

That was the implication!!!

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

isn't this the first of many dams in the US that are about to fail due to no money ever being spent on them

I can't hear you over the deafening roar of hovering F-35s shredding $100 bills beeps of grounded F-35 software error codes

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Why doesn't Trump just make an executive order that the drat isn't allowed to break, and then tweet about how the ablative spillway is working as designed?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

SHISHKABOB posted:

haha good i hopethey all DIE

This seems like a controversial opinion, but maybe you have a legitimate political grievance that would justify it?? I'm p sure that's the case.. definitely.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

Learn to swim

I'll see you down in Arizona Bay.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
has anyone said "oh, dam !!!" yet

xjohnson
Sep 7, 2006
Johnson?
Young Orc

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

the trump tutelage posted:

George Bush doesn't care about black people

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

speaking as a native sacramentan who got the gently caress out as soon as i had means: as long as downtown doesn't get washed away any amount of destruction will be a marked improvement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

also all the red state ppl chortling about the libtards and the anarchists getting washed way, that's all trump country the dam'll flood lmao

• Locked thread