Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Yo Ross how'd your tattoo turn out

Good! It did not hurt as much as I thought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

RIP Sacramento TFF goons if there are any.

Sacramento is okay it's all those godless hill people that have to worry.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
This spring I am planting a small garden.

Tomatoes do well here as well as peppers and okra.

any other TFF goons feeling the green thumb?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

TeeMerk posted:

I like to keep mint (for mojitos, mint juleps, and other cocktails, hint: use chocolate mint!) and basil for caprese salads. It grows in a small rear end pot that you just need to keep near a window if you don't have a yard. The only other fresh herb I would use consistently is cilantro (I make a lot of guac). I was going to say rosemary, but I really only use that a couple times a year.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Keeping herbs is key, and it impresses guests when you just harvest your own.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
RG3 man didn't you learn last time when they cry when you touch them, leave the house

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

they usually aren't conscious when he touches them though

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

TeeMerk posted:

This summer, when my house is hopefully done being built, I'm planting massive amounts of fruit trees and veggies/herbs.

Already decent size, just in pots waiting: 2x macadamia trees, 1 avocado tree, 4-5 citrus (lemon/lime/calamansi), 1 starfruit, 2-3 mango, 1 soursop, and I'm probably forgetting a couple. We have a natural spring forming a small waterfall near the back of the house that we're going to use for the herb garden. Or, if our legislature passes the recreational bill, up to 6 :420: plants. Also a bunch of hibiscus and croton for a natural property border.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Spoeank posted:

:thurman:

yeah i plan to do a cinder block thing to edge the garden since its on a bit of a slope and grow herbs in the holes of the blocks. Cilantro Basil are go tos as well some flowers to attract bees to help pollinate. Mint can be invasive and I don't use it much in regular cooking.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Abugadu posted:

This summer, when my house is hopefully done being built, I'm planting massive amounts of fruit trees and veggies/herbs.

Already decent size, just in pots waiting: 2x macadamia trees, 1 avocado tree, 4-5 citrus (lemon/lime/calamansi), 1 starfruit, 2-3 mango, 1 soursop, and I'm probably forgetting a couple. We have a natural spring forming a small waterfall near the back of the house that we're going to use for the herb garden. Or, if our legislature passes the recreational bill, up to 6 :420: plants. Also a bunch of hibiscus and croton for a natural property border.

I envy all of this, fruit isn't really great in my area (zone 8)

e: watermelons grow great though so I am going to do a patch and see how it turns out.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Spoeank posted:

Miracle Man can make any sleeping woman cry with one simple touch!

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

TeeMerk posted:

I envy all of this, fruit isn't really great in my area (zone 8)

e: watermelons grow great though so I am going to do a patch and see how it turns out.

First time I'd seen the zone thing, turns out we're in 11b.

Sounds like an apartment.

edit: and looking at how the chart works, I think we're closer to 13b.

Double edit: on the downside, there's some stuff that absolutely doesn't work here, growing-wise, and importing it is stupidly expensive.

Abugadu fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Feb 13, 2017

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Its planting season and last year i regretted it so I am going to try for a small plot and it shouldn't cost much.

Watching the fruits (heh) of your labor turn into something you can actually use while totally organic is p cool as well.

Also, I need stuff to get me off my rear end on the computer or games and actually get outside this spring.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

Sacramento is okay it's all those godless hill people that have to worry.

gently caress 'em

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

grow lemon cucumbers

Thank me later

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
I have spent the last two nights getting extremely mad at people making lots of noise while I'm trying to sleep

Countdown to sleep deprived murder starts now

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

reminds me that I get a lot of complaints from people trying to sleep at hooting and hollering time. Well i didn't make the rules. god did. God is a real person, and& you won't believe what she has to say about the politics going on right now

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

a neat cape posted:

grow lemon cucumbers

Thank me later

Are they as gross as regular cucumbers

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I wish I had a yard, or even adequate sunlight in my apartment, for growing stuff because I'd definitely plant some herbs.Years ago I helped a friend of my mom's plant a tomato garden and it turned out OK I guess.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

reminds me that I get a lot of complaints from people trying to sleep at hooting and hollering time. Well i didn't make the rules. god did. God is a real person, and& you won't believe what she has to say about the politics going on right now

Cavauro is the best poster of us all.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

a neat cape posted:

Good! It did not hurt as much as I thought
Same but the literal opposite.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

We grew some squash, jalapeños and tomatoes two years ago. The tomatoes were pretty blah and we didn't get too many zucchinis but the jalapeños grew lile crazy, which was a pleasant surprise. Our house has tall trees on three sides and theres only one small section of driveway that gets sunlight worth a drat, so I wasn't expecting much. I'll probably only do the peppers this year.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Volkerball posted:

Are they as gross as regular cucumbers

They're sweeter than regular cucumbers and goddamn delicious

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'll never understand how the best posters come from Ohio

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Quiet Feet posted:

We grew some squash, jalapeños and tomatoes two years ago. The tomatoes were pretty blah and we didn't get too many zucchinis but the jalapeños grew lile crazy, which was a pleasant surprise. Our house has tall trees on three sides and theres only one small section of driveway that gets sunlight worth a drat, so I wasn't expecting much. I'll probably only do the peppers this year.

Grow red jalapeños and send them to me TIA

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Diqnol posted:

I'll never understand how the best posters come from Ohio

It's a sense of humor that can only come with the despair of living in a place like Ohio

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I feel that being a Florida man has greatly influenced my posting career

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I wish I had time to garden.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ehud posted:

I feel that being a Florida man has greatly influenced my posting career

Your posting looks like UF's passing game

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Febreeze posted:

It's a sense of humor that can only come with the despair of living in a place like Ohio

I've lived in much worse places than Ohio. Pennsylvania, Mississippi and Missouri for example.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
A little late to Pho talk but I needed to get my hot take in:

I'm not a huge pho person, but people who put hoisin / hot sauce in the broth are literal Hitlers and you're eating it wrong.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Flikken posted:

I've lived in much worse places than Ohio. Pennsylvania, Mississippi and Missouri for example.

Do you do this on purpose?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Flikken posted:

I lived in Oklahoma.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

Febreeze posted:

see also: astronauts

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
And two assassinated presidents

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The best description I ever read about Oklahoma's reason for existing is that it's a buffer zone to keep Texans out of the croplands.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

fsif posted:

Do you do this on purpose?

Missouri and Mississippi I was sent there, and Pennsylvania I took a promotion. I used to hate living in Virginia but looking back on it Virginia wasn't outright terrible and I would consider living there again.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

Benny the Snake posted:

And two assassinated presidents

long time we haven't had a president from Ohio, which means we're about due for *shuffles through rolodex* Jerry Springer to make a run

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The best description I ever read about Oklahoma's reason for existing is that it's a buffer zone to keep Texans out of the croplands.

Oklahoma exists because the government needed to carefully map out the absolute worst space in all of America so they could let the native americans live there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Oklahoma has good catfish, or so I've heard

• Locked thread