Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Too bad about all the weird homophobia and transphobia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Also, is it just me or does he seem to be getting DUMBER with age?

Dude has spent his entire life being punched in the head. This on top of a brain injury as a child which was so severe it changed his entire personality.

Saiyan or not, that poo poo catches up with you.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Buy's Japanese voice is really perfect, makes him seems way more monstrous and less of a complete joke.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Buu is a joke

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

In case anyone hasn't kept up with Dragon Ball Fusions, it's getting an update today in the US that adds a bunch of Super characters (Goku Black, SSJR Goku Black, Zamasu, Merged Zamasu, Trunks, SSJ Trunks, Vegito Blue) and new fusions using those characters (Zamasu + Kid Goku, Future Trunks + Kid Trunks, Goku Black + Broly) as well as online play and a new online quest system with leaderboards and stuff. Lot of new content for free.

The new fusions are also kind of great.

The game's also releasing in Europe later this week and yall get this patch day 1 instead of having to wait a few months like the US did. It's a great game! Everyone should buy it.

And then you can enjoy Majin Hercule as much as I do.

He's the best

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I don't play handhelds a lot, but I will make an exception here.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Mordaedil posted:

I don't play handhelds a lot, but I will make an exception here.

Fusions is the best Dragon Ball game that has ever been produced.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Arrgytehpirate posted:

He is like an old boxer. Of course he is dumber, how many times has Goku been punched in the head?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Jesus, Goku is really a villian now. The show has come full circle.

I mean he was braindead for 7 years.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Rutibex posted:

He is like an old boxer. Of course he is dumber, how many times has Goku been punched in the head?

And the brain damage. And the brain damage. And the brain damage.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Someone refresh me on what Buu had to do to get to his other forms and the likelyhood that we see them in this tournament, or if he's just going to be played as a comedy character like Gohan.

FWIW what I've seen of Super makes it look like nothing is very high stakes at all, even Freeza coming back and getting serious was a pretty minor threat.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Originally, Buu was Kid Buu. After he absorbed a pudgy Kai, he inherited his more innocent mannerisms and became Fat Buu. Fat Buu, after seeing Hercule get shot, then separated into his present self (Good Buu) and an anorexic form (Evil Buu).

Every transformation that resulted from then on was the result of Evil Buu absorbing Good Buu and other people. But given that Evil Buu is dead/reincarnated as a separate person, it's unlikely he's going to change forms.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Originally, Buu was Kid Buu. After he absorbed a pudgy Kai, he inherited his more innocent mannerisms and became Fat Buu. Fat Buu, after seeing Hercule get shot, then separated into his present self (Good Buu) and an anorexic form (Evil Buu).

Every transformation that resulted from then on was the result of Evil Buu absorbing Good Buu and other people. But given that Evil Buu is dead/reincarnated as a separate person, it's unlikely he's going to change forms.
We've got like 11 alternate universes though, what if one Buu absorbs an alternate Buu? We've already gotten alternate universe Freeza and alternate universe Sayins

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

RealFoxy posted:

We've got like 11 alternate universes though, what if one Buu absorbs an alternate Buu? We've already gotten alternate universe Freeza and alternate universe Sayins

Bibidi was going for broke, considering he was killing Kais I think Buu might be unique in the multiverse.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
All my money for Buu ending the fight with Candy beam and everyone just standing there shocked and wondering what they're actually in for.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I kinda expect both Buu and Gohan to lose just so Goku can one-shot the entirety of team furry on his own and get them erased to properly establish him as the main villain to the rest of the multiverse.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

RealFoxy posted:

the universes are not alternate

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Alternate would be alternate time lines.

If GT is canon, it would be an alternate timeline. Like what Xenoverse deals with. The movies are alternate time lines.

Frost is not Freeza, just a parallel Frost Demon like Freeza, though clearly without Freezer's great power.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Burkion posted:

Alternate would be alternate time lines.

If GT is canon, it would be an alternate timeline. Like what Xenoverse deals with. The movies are alternate time lines.

Frost is not Freeza, just a parallel Frost Demon like Freeza, though clearly without Freezer's great power.

Plus only universe 6 is universe 7's twin. The rest likley have little in common.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Also in retrospect it is ridiculous how under powered Universe 6 is.

Buu could have soloed the entire tournament except for maybe Hit. I'm not sure if Hit could actually HURT Buu or not given Buu is an immortal bubble gum candy monster.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

maybe the universes just get more different the farther away they are from one another

like universes 6 and 7 are very similar but universes 1 and 10 would be really different

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

MonsterEnvy posted:

Plus only universe 6 is universe 7's twin. The rest likley have little in common.

Each universe has a twin, I'm pretty sure Whis said that.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

a cartoon duck posted:

I kinda expect both Buu and Gohan to lose just so Goku can one-shot the entirety of team furry on his own and get them erased to properly establish him as the main villain to the rest of the multiverse.

I THINK it's YuYu Hakusho styled Dark Tournament rules. One vs. One, best of 3, for this.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Its a good thing everyone from all the universes can breathe oxygen and is functional in the same temperature and gravity range and has a similarly-sized symmetric body and so forth. Be a shame if universe 9 got disqualified because they were all plankton.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Darko posted:

I THINK it's YuYu Hakusho styled Dark Tournament rules. One vs. One, best of 3, for this.

They've been incredibly vague about the rules for this tournament, but I kinda assumed it worked like the Universe 6 and 7 tournament where they just go through all fighters and whatever universe is outta contestants just loses. At least I could've sworn I saw a bit in the preview that had Gohan throw blasts at Basil.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
I swear when Whis was first telling Goku about the 12 universes he said that the universes that added to 13 were coupled. Did I imagine that? MANDELA EFFECT???

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

heeheex2 posted:

I swear when Whis was first telling Goku about the 12 universes he said that the universes that added to 13 were coupled. Did I imagine that? MANDELA EFFECT???

No, I remember that too, but I don't care enough to look up what episode that was.

Burkion posted:

Also in retrospect it is ridiculous how under powered Universe 6 is.

Buu could have soloed the entire tournament except for maybe Hit. I'm not sure if Hit could actually HURT Buu or not given Buu is an immortal bubble gum candy monster.

What if Champa just did a bad job of finding strong fighters?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Peewi posted:

What if Champa just did a bad job of finding strong fighters?

Didn't Vados do most of the scouting?

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

heeheex2 posted:

No that's right.
6 and 7 are a pair that adds up to 13. So they're mirrors of each other as far as planets and native species go, but the individual people are unique and have different histories.
Any of the other universes are not going to have namekians, saiyans, etc. However somewhere in Universe 4 there should be a planet with the same kind of wolf people as Universe 9's.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Gruckles posted:

No that's right.
6 and 7 are a pair that adds up to 13. So they're mirrors of each other as far as planets and native species go, but the individual people are unique and have different histories.
Any of the other universes are not going to have namekians, saiyans, etc. However somewhere in Universe 4 there should be a planet with the same kind of wolf people as Universe 9's.

So this means Braly basically has to come from Universe 6, then.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Rhonne posted:

I think we've established that Vados' #1 goal is to mess with Champa so he loses weight, so maybe she intentionally chose weak team members so Champa wouldn't win and go eat all the food on Earth.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Bee posted:

Brolina keeps getting shown near Cabba and Frost in trailers and stuff so I'm assuming she's going to turn out to be his childhood friend or something.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The Bee posted:

Well she does show up with Alien dude and Frost and Cabba in OP, so yeah most likely.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I want Alien Dude to be Universe 6 Jaco, best galactic patrolman in the multiverse.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rutibex posted:

Each universe has a twin, I'm pretty sure Whis said that.

I know that I meant the others have little in common to Universe 7.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Rhonne posted:

we've determined that the Butler Race gives no fucks as well

"excuse me bouncy cat man, you seem like a real go-getter, come with me"

RBX posted:

Buy's Japanese voice is really perfect, makes him seems way more monstrous and less of a complete joke.

it's actually super-lame imo

buu's progression from childish gum man to just shrieking evil baboon was some great dubbin' work

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Feb 13, 2017

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

heeheex2 posted:

What? Do you mean the Mandala Effect?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Rhonne posted:

Champa underestimated Goku and Vegeta because of their Weighted Training Clothes™, so he probably told her to just get whoever. Like, no way was Cabba the strongest saiyan they could find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

TheHan posted:

I want Alien Dude to be Universe 6 Jaco, best galactic patrolman in the multiverse.

A humble spacenoid, kind to children, helps old Space Empresses walk around the rings of Echelon Z7. Real standup guy and proud Patriarch of a very lovely family. Actually has the equivalent of Great Grand Children about to be born and will defend their right to exist to the death.

Oh my god, what if they don't or can't actually wish universes back with the Super Dragon Balls? What if GT is more or less what is actually going to happen and the reason why we don't see other universe poo poo is because GOKU MURDERED THEM ALL?

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Feb 13, 2017

• Locked thread