Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Brown Moses posted:

I thought the point was that the hosts experience memories perfectly, so the time line confusion was experienced by the hosts in question, not just about pulling the wool over the viewers eyes for a clever reveal. To me, it showed that despite the use of memories to make the hosts appear more human the way they experienced those memories made them distinctly inhuman. Although that might just be me entering some Lost level wankerey.

Which I have no real problem with, but I think the show tries so hard to dress that up that it telegraphs it way in advance. Even that on its own is fine, but the way the reveal plays out is designed to just blow your mind and it comes a little bit too late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Personally I didn't really see it coming because I fell for their sneaky tricks of apparently crossing storylines which turned out to be repeating and I only knew because someone at work told me about the theories floating around on the Internet.

Honestly I wish he hadn't told me because it would've been a neat surprise.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

How did 15 Storeys High not get a third series? It's brilliant. Sean Lock is doomed to mainhead doomed shows it seems.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Anyone watch the new series of Uncle? Properly great sitcom starring Nick Helm. It's all up on iPlayer from the beginning right now.

Final episode goes up next week, and I'm gonna miss it.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Feb 8, 2017

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Anyone watch the new series of Uncle? Properly great sitcom starring Nick Helm. It's all up on iPlayer from the beginning right now.

I've been watching it; I only discovered that the new series was on by accident (ditto with the new series of Tracey Ullman).

I've enjoyed it :)

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

Monsieur Murdoch Fan Club

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I am waiting for the all episodes of season 3 to air before I watch the last series.
I will miss that uncle/nephew duo.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Also Val. We'll all miss Val.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Throwdown Talk:

There was only ever going to be one evictee, but I'm going to miss Daniel's perpetual state of announcing he's outside his comfort zone to every request to do some pottery. I suspect he's like that guy who blagged his way on the BBC news by pretending to be somebody else, and that he'd never touch clay before.

Cait is as mad as hats and sooner or later she's going to crash and burn under time pressure, but she rescued it with the charming owl clock.

I've got a bit of a crush on Freya but her clock would give me nightmares.

I rather liked Elaine's clock.

Ryan has to be odds on favourite. Or he's going to be the Beckham of Pottery (talented but never quite achieves, also models underwear).

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'd never seen this pottery show before and I watched the last 12 minutes of this latest ep cause I'm visiting my parents and the clock I liked the most they said was the best and the one I hated got kicked out so apparently I'm a pottery expert

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Anybody else watching sexy thriller Apple Tree Yard?

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

Anybody else watching sexy thriller Apple Tree Yard?

Yes it was good to see Ben Chaplin in work again, I had a big crush on him in his Game On days.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/frankieboyle/status/830498067984084993
Frankie would make a fine goon

But yeah Tom Hardy's really done it now - he's hosed his sister.

WeAreTheRomans fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Feb 12, 2017

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
spoilers m8

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

"WeAreTheRomans" posted:

I have yet to watch last night's episode and you have just revealed a key plot point.

You will regret this.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
you don't watch it when it's on, tough poo poo.

e: fine, I spoilered it for you babies

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If this was the Taboo thread I'd be like yeah sure but it isn't

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Thanks for ruining a show I probably wasn't going to watch.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Khablam posted:

Thanks for ruining a show I probably wasn't going to watch.

My pleasure

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

WeAreTheRomans posted:

you don't watch it when it's on, tough poo poo.

e: fine, I spoilered it for you babies

You're on the poo poo list, spoiler.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

Whats it about and tell me the end because i cant be arsed to watch it

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Tom Hardy hosed his sister?

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Seaside Loafer posted:

Whats it about and tell me the end because i cant be arsed to watch it

Tom Hardy... did a Taboo thing

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

This is all utter nonsense.

Tom is an only child.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Anybody else watching the second season of Fortitude? I think it skipping a year was a good idea, it feels more focused and atmospheric this time round, and it balances the line between silly and scary pretty well. Most shows would struggle with the pretty odd reveal the first season had at the end, but Fortitude actually pulled it off.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

I did actually watch the first episode and there were hints he was into cannibalism or voodoo or something and i kept asking my old man who watched the rest if anything ever happened and he was just confused ...

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
There's nothing confusing about Taboo.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Unless your old man is literally a confused old man?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Dead Goon posted:

This is all utter nonsense.

Tom is an only child.

The real taboo was his parents giving up only one of their children.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

Unless your old man is literally a confused old man?
Its a tossup

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Ive not watched Taboo or The Missing

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I recommend you don't read up the page there are Taboo spoilers.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
With Rolf Harris recently being found innocent and due for release in July, how long until we see him back on the small screen?

Is there appetite for a Rolf TV vehicle?

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Pissflaps posted:

With Rolf Harris recently being found innocent and due for release in July, how long until we see him back on the small screen?

What really?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Yes really.

I can't see him painting any more royals but the Cartoon Club might be due a refresh.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Rolf is still a nonce. He was cleared of the more recent charges. However the older convictions for child abuse stand.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

OldMemes posted:

Anybody else watching the second season of Fortitude? I think it skipping a year was a good idea, it feels more focused and atmospheric this time round, and it balances the line between silly and scary pretty well. Most shows would struggle with the pretty odd reveal the first season had at the end, but Fortitude actually pulled it off.

It's been loving great.

Last season dragged a little towards the end, but this season feels -- like you said -- more focused while still being funny and horrific. The bit where the two policewomen accidentally stick their faces right up against that body's severed neck (it's hard to explain without seeing the scene) was a pretty good mix of both.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Pissflaps posted:

He wasnt fully cleared, it was only of some other noncing offences

He's not fully #TeflonRolf yet

Although with Robbie Coltrane still getting work theres hope for Rolf yet

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I very much enjoyed the first season of Fortitude. Unfortunately, Virgin Media does not carry the Sky Atlantic channel (I switched from Sky recently) so I have been unable to watch the second season.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The Big Taff Man posted:

Wait, what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

The Big Taff Man posted:

The_Doctor posted:

Wait, what?

I've been hoping it's a joke about his role on National Treasure. Haven't quite had the guts to google it yet.