Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

You should be as they are to blame for the state of the Democratic Party.

not really I think it's a cumulative reaction of pivoting right after Carter's spectacular failure as president and moving towards centrist policies in the attempt to peel off "reasonable" republicans and make the tent bigger

if anything the success of Clinton's terms and relative steadiness of Obama's gave a false sense of security in incrementalism even as the howling id of the House proved there was no benefit in triangulation

The Clintons are a symptom not a cause (although a very noticeable one) and anyone who voted for a single thing or cabinet Trump proposed needs to be thrown out on their ear (lol (it was all of them))

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
tangent: I was talking about how bad of a president W was at poker once and this old hateful alt right idiot immediately interrupted with "Hey, three words for you—Jimmy loving Carter. :smuggo:"

I'm sure in his mind he thought he just delivered an :iceburn: but everyone just kind of stared like "what" and then went back to the conversation because no one cared

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Maybe Hillary Clinton is floating the idea of running again because she thinks it will keep Trump from prosecuting her, and crossing the dictatorship line of jailing your political enemies. Well if she is, the jokes on her, cause Trump don't give a fuuuuuuuuuuck.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

zegermans posted:

Wrong thread yo
Right thread.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

ThndrShk2k posted:

Right thread.

Yo

:gethill:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Philip Rivers posted:

Hillary's best move is to stay out of the 2018 primaries but campaign and fundraise hella for the Dem noms.

Hillary's best move is to wander the forests of upstate New York and never be seen or heard from again outside of occasional blurry photographs from mommy bloggers.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Just talked to a coworker who voted Bernie and Trump and believes in Alex Jones and Pizzagate. He told me that Obama was bisexual, and then I said "yeah you know Michelle is actually trans and her deadname is Mike" and he said that that was a dumb conspiracy theory.

I wonder what kind of economic anxiety made him that way.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
i think alex jones is real too

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

deadgoon posted:

i think alex jones is real too

But he's Bill Hicks?

Serf
May 5, 2011

zegermans posted:

Just talked to a coworker who voted Bernie and Trump and believes in Alex Jones and Pizzagate. He told me that Obama was bisexual, and then I said "yeah you know Michelle is actually trans and her deadname is Mike" and he said that that was a dumb conspiracy theory.

probably the kind that has led him to a job where he has to interact with you on a regular basis

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

zegermans posted:

no one cares about that anymore

what's ur thoughts on butt edge-edge?

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

net work error posted:

That would require her to be selfless though?

No, it just requires her to care about the Democratic Party and her own legacy. It's good win-win politics, more Dems get elected and Clinton gets to put the internal party battle behind her and remind people why she's a good ally to have. It makes a lot of sense to me that she'd do it this way, and magnanimous is a good look for her.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
seriously who among us would be able to resist the call of MAGA if you had to interact with fuckin zegermans on a daily basis

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
boot edge like a shoe knife like in that james bond movie

imagine i looked up that james bond movie and posted a link to a clip in youtube

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Thoguh posted:

Hillary's best move is to wander the forests of upstate New York and never be seen or heard from again outside of occasional blurry photographs from mommy bloggers.

I was oddly fine with the campaign she ran, misogyny just boiled over and pretty much any dem was going to get ambushed. Plus, she was driving uphill the entire way with "WILL THIS OLD LADY THAT FAINTS EVER RELEASE HER EMAILS?!?!?!" 24/7 while Trump got constant free publicity, including about his lovely hotel

"Hey guys Trump bad he racist and sexist" is a p. sensible message, and she had next to no public bandwidth to get her actual platform out there. I'm pretty sure she campaigned everywhere she needed to but we never heard about it because EMAILS EMAILS EMAILS so I don't know either way, which is pretty indicative of the problem at large. She got the early vote and got people out, she won the gd popular vote, it's just the 70%+ or whatever ridiculous number of white people that needed to vote for Trump voted for Trump and were never going to vote for anyone else because holy poo poo America is awful

Oddly what I won't forgive is her (and Obama and the democrats in general) loving off forever as soon as the election results came in, instead of being out there every loving day talking about Russia's tampering, Trump's general awfulness, and the threat he poses to the nation in general. Instead they quietly handed the keys off to a lunatic with zero complaints and were nowhere to be found during the day zero protests of Trump's bullshit. Hillary of all people should've been in the loving women's march, there's a ton of women I talk to daily (heh :smug:) that are still very very enamored of Clinton. Instead whoops turns out she only cares about the office, who knew

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

No no, they were saying "BOOOOOT EDGE"

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Chokes McGee posted:

[clinton apologia]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moNHfeBJ81I

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Chokes McGee posted:

Hillary of all people should've been in the loving women's march, there's a ton of women I talk to daily (heh :smug:) that are still very very enamored of Clinton. Instead whoops turns out she only cares about the office, who knew

otoh the sooner they realize clinton isn't on their side and doesn't have their best interests at heart the better

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

hey thanks for your nuanced answer to my thoughtful post that criticized Clinton and the Democratic establishment too

*checks forum name*

oh

carry on then :shobon:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The Muppets On PCP posted:

otoh the sooner they realize clinton isn't on their side and doesn't have their best interests at heart the better

:agreed:

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Chokes McGee posted:

Oddly what I won't forgive is her (and Obama and the democrats in general) loving off forever as soon as the election results came in, instead of being out there every loving day talking about Russia's tampering, Trump's general awfulness, and the threat he poses to the nation in general. Instead they quietly handed the keys off to a lunatic with zero complaints and were nowhere to be found during the day zero protests of Trump's bullshit. Hillary of all people should've been in the loving women's march, there's a ton of women I talk to daily (heh :smug:) that are still very very enamored of Clinton. Instead whoops turns out she only cares about the office, who knew

I'm honestly not sure there was a good play for her besides to dip out for a bit. If she did anything that could be misconstrued as anti-Trump she'd be crucified as a usurper. Turns out that Trump's greatest move in the debates was to threaten the peaceful transfer of power because when Hillary rightfully slammed the poo poo out of him for saying that, she boxed herself out of saying anything substantive about the Trump admin's insanity.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Chokes McGee posted:

hey thanks for your nuanced answer to my thoughtful post that criticized Clinton and the Democratic establishment too

*checks forum name*

oh

carry on then :shobon:

:salt:

You need to source your quotes.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
How is the butt pivot going, dems?

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

gently caress i hate this guys rhetorical style

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Boner Zone posted:

seriously who among us would be able to resist the call of MAGA if you had to interact with fuckin zegermans on a daily basis

I honestly would vote for Trump and be an unironic red hat if I had to deal with Zegerman on a daily basis.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

zegermans posted:

She has no fundraising power if she's not going to be in an influential position to give her donors kickbacks. There's nothing singularly attractive about her to give money towards other than her corruption.

:allears:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
lol if you are suddenly embarrassed to be an American on February 13th 2017 where ya been buddy

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Philip Rivers posted:

I'm honestly not sure there was a good play for her besides to dip out for a bit. If she did anything that could be misconstrued as anti-Trump she'd be crucified as a usurper. Turns out that Trump's greatest move in the debates was to threaten the peaceful transfer of power because when Hillary rightfully slammed the poo poo out of him for saying that, she boxed herself out of saying anything substantive about the Trump admin's insanity.

who gives a poo poo if she's crucified, Donald J Trump was elected to the highest office in the land, at that point all bets are off (and it goes back to being political and wanting to be seen as "playing nice" instead of, you know, putting her voice behind the fact that Trump is a huge nazi)

ThndrShk2k posted:

:salt:

You need to source your quotes.

i am SO ANGRY ON THE INTERNET ABOUT CLINTON jesus YOU HAVE NO IDEA gently caress YOU gently caress YOU gently caress YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
seriously though it'd be nice if someone spent time putting actual effort into a response but honestly who cares it's C-SPAM

you do you

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Chokes McGee posted:

I was oddly fine with the campaign she ran, misogyny just boiled over and pretty much any dem was going to get ambushed.

Counter-point: Her campaign loving sucked poo poo

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

Clinton drools, Bernie rules

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

p-p-p-primary chat

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Chokes McGee posted:

not really I think it's a cumulative reaction of pivoting right after Carter's spectacular failure as president and moving towards centrist policies in the attempt to peel off "reasonable" republicans and make the tent bigger

if anything the success of Clinton's terms and relative steadiness of Obama's gave a false sense of security in incrementalism even as the howling id of the House proved there was no benefit in triangulation

The Clintons are a symptom not a cause (although a very noticeable one) and anyone who voted for a single thing or cabinet Trump proposed needs to be thrown out on their ear (lol (it was all of them))

I'm not referring to Bill's Presidency which was fairly successful as far as a centrist poo poo-pile goes. However after his presidency the Clinton's set about reforming the Democratic Party for the express purpose of getting Hillary Elected in 2008. Then when Hillary got Schlonged in 2008 by one of their old-time rivals, Kennedy, they made sure it would never happen again. Then proceeded to gut the party of anyone who wasn't 100% on team clinton. That's why she ran unopposed in 2016, well she was supposed to be unopposed. :bernin:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Counter-point: Her campaign loving sucked poo poo

disagree although there were some pretty cringeworthy moments

Like I said she won the popular vote but that doesn't mean poo poo towards the electoral college and welp

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
bernie cant cum anymore hes too old

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

mormonpartyboat posted:

low energy. sad!!!!!!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

I'm not referring to Bill's Presidency which was fairly successful as far as a centrist poo poo-pile goes. However after his presidency the Clinton's set about reforming the Democratic Party for the express purpose of getting Hillary Elected in 2008. Then when Hillary got Schlonged in 2008 by one of their old-time rivals, Kennedy, they made sure it would never happen again. Then proceeded to gut the party of anyone who wasn't 100% on team clinton. That's why she ran unopposed in 2016, well she was supposed to be unopposed. :bernin:

was Dean part of that b/c his 50 state strategy was a major reason towards all the blue dogs that stalled Obama's poo poo, I feel

idk I'm mostly pulling this stuff out of my :butt:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
She lost to orange comedy candidate man who I think was actually the least liked presidential candidate ever

She didn't campaign in Wisconsin despite having infinite money

She lost Ohio by almost 10 freaking points

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

mormonpartyboat posted:

that doesn't matter

we all cum for bernie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Chokes McGee posted:

was Dean part of that b/c his 50 state strategy was a major reason towards all the blue dogs that stalled Obama's poo poo, I feel

idk I'm mostly pulling this stuff out of my :butt:

No Dean wasn't, but Tim Kaine was.

• Locked thread