Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

They're both trash, for different reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calusari
Apr 18, 2013

It's mechanical. Seems to come at regular intervals.
Ultra Street Fighter II will have an FPS mode where you shoot hadoken for some reason:

http://nintendoeverything.com/ultra-street-fighter-ii-special-first-person-mode-confirmed-art-gallery-also-in/

calusari fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Feb 13, 2017

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Infinitum posted:

Been playing a bunch of Zelda to tide me over until launch.

Finished Link Between Worlds on Hero difficulty. Probably one of the best games on the 3DS by far.

Currently playing Link's Awakening. Played it when I was 10 and I don't think I've played it since. Funny how I can remember some little secrets here and there. Really really enjoying my time with it again, as I'd forgotten how good it is.
It's still pretty difficult as well on the bosses.

Hopefully I'll finish up and get to have a crack as the Seasons games, which I've never played.

Started up the oracle games (seasons first) for the first time to hold me over until BotW and it has been a lot of fun so far!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

calusari posted:

Ultra Street Fighter II will have an FPS mode where you shoot hadoken for some reason:

http://nintendoeverything.com/ultra-street-fighter-ii-special-first-person-mode-confirmed-art-gallery-also-in/

One day we'll get a punchie game that has an FPS mode as cool and good as Bushido Blade's

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Calaveron posted:

How big are the switch game cards compared to the 3ds's?

Yes

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

bomberman r looks ok, but wake me up when we get the horny anime girl version they're making for japan

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Renoistic posted:

I'm playing through Skyward Sword and just got to the second Fire/Din temple. I really don't know why the game is so divisive.

The only thing that has been obvectively bad so far is the constant desyncing when aiming, which is strange because swinging the sword works really well. Oh and the first desert temple which went on for much longer than it should've.

Is it because of the sky overworld? Because all Zelda worlds are pretty much empty with some 'hidden' stuff here and there.

Honestly, most complaints I've heard can be attributed to the other 3D Zelda games. Like the uninspired story, overbearing helper (Just ignore her when you don't have to answer. At least she's not that drat owl), and low enemy variety.

It's still fun with some neat uses of the Wii-mote and great bosses.

Oh, and it uses a cool time traveling gizmo for fights and puzzles long before Dishonored 2.
Hey, Skyward buddy. I got it for Wii ages ago, but I just couldn't get into it. Now I'm playing it on Dolphin (which consistently makes me upset that Nintendo never did HD remasters of SS and the Galaxy games). I honestly feel the game would have been better without the motion controls, but it's still pretty drat great.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

From what I saw they're maybe a little bigger (and definitely thicker) but really didn't seem like much

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

anatomi posted:

Hey, Skyward buddy. I got it for Wii ages ago, but I just couldn't get into it. Now I'm playing it on Dolphin (which consistently makes me upset that Nintendo never did HD remasters of SS and the Galaxy games). I honestly feel the game would have been better without the motion controls, but it's still pretty drat great.

Yeah it's really good it's just tardbrains can't figure out how to properly calibrate their controls

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

well why not posted:

bomberman r looks ok, but wake me up when we get the horny anime girl version they're making for japan

Baby steps, man. We're not ready for the cute Bombergirl cast.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jimmy Hats posted:

Yeah it's really good it's just tardbrains can't figure out how to properly calibrate their controls

You've managed to make me agree with the substance and hate the presentation of a post simultaneously.

Congrats, I guess.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

A Switch hardware run down of a devkit revealed that despite not having a browser the system can open a web applet that displays a specific website.

So there's no need to worry about how it'll connect to wifi hotspots.

BigBadBrewsta
Mar 11, 2002

"The State of Iowa: let us exceed your already low expectations."

-Raygun T-Shirt

TFRazorsaw posted:

A Switch hardware run down of a devkit revealed that despite not having a browser the system can open a web applet that displays a specific website.

Do you have a link for this? It sounds interesting.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

BigBadBrewsta posted:

Do you have a link for this? It sounds interesting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5tsruy/leaked_indevelopment_ui_mockups/ddoqixd/
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1343614

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

sonic was never good

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Super No Vacancy posted:

sonic was never good

Just replayed Sonic 2 and boy is this true

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Super No Vacancy posted:

sonic was never good

Ok?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Super No Vacancy posted:

sonic was never good

:yeah:

Oh man, I'm bummed about no miiverse. :ohdear:

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Switch is the first nintendo that I kind of wish had a browser because it actually has a decent screen and if it had one i could probably put my iPad in the toilet because that's all i've used it for

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

what is the political alignment of sonic characters

eggman seems to obviously represent unbridled liberalism and industrialization, with randian super genious traits

sonic at the very least is a green

tails is probably grey tribe or something

shadow has to be a statist of some kind, probably statist-centrist like stalin

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Guys the screen on the Switch is closer to your phone than your tablet

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Sonic is a dumb gimmick game.

Oh boy, Mario, but fast! So fast you run into enemies and die so you'd better play it slow and now it's just a terrible platformer that's terrible.

The perfect game for the perfect console.

(I'll probably buy it)

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Wendell posted:

Good, please do.

And Genesis Jurassic Park is a cool game, while the SNES one is a less cool game. Someone got their wires switched!
Playing as a raptor was not as fun as it sounded. Also I remember dying a lot while running around as Sam Neil.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

TheScott2K posted:

Guys the screen on the Switch is closer to your phone than your tablet

Maybe your turbonerd belt holster android

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

sonic adventure 2 is……….. a great game i would lay down my life for it if i had to

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The whole point of Sonic (at least the 2D ones that were good) is that you replay and master the levels so that you can constantly be fulfilling the need to GOTTA GO FAST

There's a reason there are always three 'main' paths and the lowest paths are the ones with the obstacles that slow you down the most.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I enjoyed the early 2d Sonic games, the ones that I couldn't really get into were the ones where you have to run in 3d space and it would keep jumping between "this is a cool cinematic angle, now you have a split second to react to being in control again" but maybe I just didn't give that enough of a chance. I'm probably going to get Sonic Mania because it looks like it'll be fun and have good replayability.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The Milkman posted:

Why did this make me laugh so much

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TFRazorsaw posted:

The second part of your post doesn't follow from the first.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

The Milkman posted:

Have you not bought a new phone in 3 years or something? They're all 5.something inches unless you're the one guy who got the base iPhone instead of the Plus. Hell the cheapass Moto G I use is still 5.5 inches (with a higher res screen than the Switch). The tablet comparisons are odd, the thing really is closer to phone size.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
It's cold in Ohio today, thank god I have all of these scorching hot Sonic takes to keep me warm.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I also have opinions on the historical quality of mega man games but that is not really switch relevant

St. Blaize
Oct 11, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

I thought worrying about this was slightly less stupid than worrying about the switch not having a touchscreen

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Mega Man on the Switch wouldn't work because Mega Man can fire 3 shots at a time, and using a t-shirt cannon to launch your joycons across the room would only let you fire two at once unless you purchase more, and it would be a real pain having to tie your joycons together every time you want to fire a charge shot.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

JUMP JUMP SLIDE JUMP

I see as I read the ad script for what you can do outside, while you're playing your Switch.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Super No Vacancy posted:

I also have opinions on the historical quality of mega man games but that is not really switch relevant

... yet.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Super No Vacancy posted:

sonic was never good

Guess again, loser

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Sonic Generations is good.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
If you weren't part of the generation that grew up on Sonic Adventure 2, you weren't truly alive as a person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

If you weren't part of the generation that grew up on Sonic Adventure 2, you weren't truly alive as a person

Can confirm, am dead inside

• Locked thread