Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Truga posted:

cutting sq42 would be their smartest move since they started selling ships jpegs for cash tbh

Except that's the whole crowd fund. The MMO was the stretch goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

How many of the 1000k ships will you be able to use in SQ42?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

They have to have a sale this Friday, funding entering "Citizens are going to notice" range.

Weekend was bad.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

EightAce posted:

Better you hear it from Lord Croberts

"Something really big is happening in 2 months! Gonna be epic, ELE style. I know what it is but I'm not gonna say. :smug:"

You've become Derek dude and it ain't a good look. If you want to share, share and reap the goon valor otherwise just keep it to yourself.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Tippis posted:

“Out today, on Xbox One and PS4, also, it's an RTS in the vein of Brütal Legend.”

"We're putting a cube in the center of Port Olisar, and you can buy a series of tools with which to attack it. First one to the center has their life changed forever"

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

AP posted:

Wasn't there a rumour about them selling a $3k ship this month?

Not a rumour I believed but they have to sell something new soon.

Theres a sale tomorrow, I think theres a new concept called the Hurricane?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

AP posted:

They have to have a sale this Friday, funding entering "Citizens are going to notice" range.

Weekend was bad.

I thought it was odd it trended up for a few days. Then I remembered probably a lot of turbo nerds are buying jpegs for their waifus's for Valentine's day.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

EightAce posted:

Fellow commandos. Prepare yourselves for a hilarious announcement at the end of March /start of April. A Stimperial address is planned to explain where sq42 is , or indeed isnt. Its going to be even better than 'You've had it all along stop loving whining'

:fap:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Real talk.

Crobbler will announce that due to the "overwhelming" (few dozen because that's all that's left interested in this shitfire) requests that focus is put on the PU, SQ42 is now going to be turned into a FMV movie and released before the PU is finished. This will make it the first movie about a videogame that isn't even out yet!

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Something really hilarious is coming out at Citcon this year by CR himself. LOL Not gonna say just yet but it will be epic! Think SQ42, or should I say NoSquad42?

See how easy it is?

Throw some faps my way you cheap slut.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Xaerael posted:

Real talk.

Crobbler will announce that due to the "overwhelming" (few dozen because that's all that's left interested in this shitfire) requests that focus is put on the PU, SQ42 is now going to be turned into a FMV movie and released before the PU is finished. This will make it the first movie about a videogame that isn't even out yet!

This would own so hard.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

EightAce posted:

Better you hear it from Lord Croberts

I disagree.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

Wasn't there a rumour about them selling a $3k ship this month?

Not a rumour I believed but they have to sell something new soon.

Perhaps CIG are renting out Ben to furniture companies so said companies can test how much it takes to break their sofas and such?
If Roberts saw someone play Normality back in -96, that would be very Croberts like of him to steal the idea.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
Team, everyone focus all your efforts on Star Marine!

Team, everyone focus all your efforts on Squadron 42! Drop that other poo poo!

Team, everyone get on 2.4!

I said, drop that other poo poo!

Team, everyone focus all your efforts on the planet-side demo!

Team, everyone get on 2.5! Team, everyone focus all your efforts on Squadron 42! Team, everyone focus all your efforts on the vertical slice demo! Team, everyone get on 2.6!

For the last time, drop that other poo poo! For the love of God, get on Squadron 42!

Team, WHY IS THIS GOING SO SLOWLY? PULL YOUR FINGERS OUT!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Remember when hackers found the super secret story for SQ42 and then dumped the script on archive.org?

It was in the game all along! :ssh:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Xaerael posted:

"Ben ate the server mistaking it for a giant deep pan mega meaty dream pizza. We're currently awaiting it's re-emergence from his pipeline."

That's just a variation on “the game was within you all along,” and this sounds like it'll be something different.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Oh good, we're back to "I have a secret, teehee"

:rolleyes:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Tippis posted:

That's just a variation on “the game was within you all along,” and this sounds like it'll be something different.

"Due to ongoing social media harrassment, S42 will be taking a break from active development"

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
I called this weeks ago.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Theres a sale tomorrow, I think theres a new concept called the Hurricane?

Odd, they normally start sales on a Friday for 10 days so they hit two weekends, then forget to end the sale for a day or two.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

AP posted:

Odd, they normally start sales on a Friday for 10 days so they hit two weekends, then forget to end the sale for a day or two.

Its a valentines day sale lol

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
The liar guy from the No mans sky catastrophe has joined on as a insert job title here

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
"Greetings Citizens,

News of my death our progress have been greatly exaggerated..."

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

I have a hard time believing they have anything planned six weeks in advance

:five:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
"We need another 80 million dollars because we just lost it, poof, don't know where it went, it was last seen in sandi's Porsche when she was driving round the Seychelles and then it just disappeared" *shrug*

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Oh good, we're back to "I have a secret, teehee"

:rolleyes:

Why abandon the classics?

TheAgent has been leaking for a while now that they're planning to roll S42 into the existing multiplayer game as some sort of lovely mission packs. I expect it's related to that.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Hello friends. Two weeks?

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Sarsapariller posted:

Why abandon the classics?

TheAgent has been leaking for a while now that they're planning to roll S42 into the existing multiplayer game as some sort of lovely mission packs. I expect it's related to that.

Go to gun vendor at olisar. *lovely cutscene plays* kill a few pirates by korea *lovely cutscene plays*.

SQ42 now in backer's hands.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

I have a hard time believing they have anything planned six weeks in advance

:gary:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TrustmeImLegit posted:

"Something really big is happening in 2 months! Gonna be epic, ELE style. I know what it is but I'm not gonna say. :smug:"

You've become Derek dude and it ain't a good look. If you want to share, share and reap the goon valor otherwise just keep it to yourself.

This. Been a while since your hand-waving made more sense than Chris' EightAce :colbert:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Xaerael posted:

Real talk.

This makes a surprising amount of sense and might actually satisfy some edge cases, most of them don't actually want a game anyway

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Weeehll uh we actually couldn't like finish the new y'know SQ42 trailer we promised but here's the Director's Cut of The Road to CitizenCon

for you to pick apart with a fine-toothed comb :colbert:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Stand tuned for the 2.6.3.0 schedule!!!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:laffo: