Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i would have always imagined that building off a statement to make another statement goes beyond rephrasing

you didn't speak to difficulty in execution which was a more notable element of its separation from fighting game mainsteam than TTK and combo recovery to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i just spent 50 minutes daydreaming about my chemistry teacher being attacked by a lion

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

UberJew posted:

you didn't speak to difficulty in execution which was a more notable element of its separation from fighting game mainsteam than TTK and combo recovery to me
what do you think the first part of that post meant? also, dont diminish importance of ttk/combo recovery, imo. there's wee bit more people quitting over the pvp games being punishing, than over winning suboptimally.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Volkerball posted:

i just spent 50 minutes daydreaming about my chemistry teacher being attacked by a lion
is he a dentist

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Teacher: when the molecule loses an electron and acquires a charge, it has been ionized
VB (under his breath): wishing right now you were lionized :smuggo:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Volkerball posted:

didn't do so hot on the shake & bake quiz, eh

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

UberJew posted:

well yeah it is definitely still a fighting game and will have a high skill cap but the amount of times you have to have to react perfectly and the number of options you have to consider within a duel are still within the realm of mortals compared with street fighter/mortal kombat/killer instinct any of the other modern fighting games

also 2v2 is best

Eh. I think what makes fighting games more dense is the required muscle memory for the combos. Otherwise it's just footsies like anything else.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

loving skyrim mods

new player home*
new dawnguard-themed weapons**
magic overhaul***

*the home has a mechanic to craft entirely new spells
**alongside with weapons, add an entirely new school of magic
***does not add a new school of magic

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Eh. I think what makes fighting games more dense is the required muscle memory for the combos. Otherwise it's just footsies like anything else.

Probably, but it's a crazy amount of work to build that up (and hell i still remember watching mahvel tournaments get swung b/c one or another of the twenty best players in the world drops a combo)

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Pirate Radar posted:

And what are you, Randler? A Goth?

Vehmic animus given flesh

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Our country is doomed.

Also Im sad I missed poutine chat. Authentic poutine is one of the greatest food creations to ever happen and everyone should have access to it.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

UberJew posted:

Probably, but it's a crazy amount of work to build that up (and hell i still remember watching mahvel tournaments get swung b/c one or another of the twenty best players in the world drops a combo)

Yeah I don't play fighting games for that specific reason.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I want to like and enjoy fighting games but I dont have the time or patience to memorize all 7000 special attacks, their invincible frames, and the exact edge of each hit box.

So I play beat em ups and musou games instead. :v:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I love musou games

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

The Muppets On PCP posted:

didn't do so hot on the shake & bake quiz, eh

i got a 68 which according to his grading scale is above average

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Volkerball posted:

i got a 68 which according to his grading scale is above average
i too would be disappointed for almost getting the sex number

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

lol the Irish government might actually be on the brink of collapse cause a state family agency was used to spread false accusations of child sexual abuse against a police whistleblower who revealed corruption in the force and the government seems to have been caught out lying about knowing about it before it was revealed to the press

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i get a half hour to relax and i get 5 minutes into my far cry save, and the first mission i try to do immediately force crashes the game and corrupts my save

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

kustomkarkommando posted:

lol the Irish government might actually be on the brink of collapse cause a state family agency was used to spread false accusations of child sexual abuse against a police whistleblower who revealed corruption in the force and the government seems to have been caught out lying about knowing about it before it was revealed to the press
вот это страна :ussr:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I love musou games

Im bad at those too but anyone can feel like a badass while cutting down hordes of enemies while mashing a single button. :black101:

Im trying to get into Fate/Extella but since I know literally nothing about the Fate/ story or series its been weird as gently caress. Ill probably put more effort into it once I finish Tales of Berseria.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
welp. fun break. off to 5 hours of class. kill me

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Furnaceface posted:

Im bad at those too but anyone can feel like a badass while cutting down hordes of enemies while mashing a single button. :black101:

Im trying to get into Fate/Extella but since I know literally nothing about the Fate/ story or series its been weird as gently caress. Ill probably put more effort into it once I finish Tales of Berseria.

Sengoku basara is my favorite because everyone has unique mechanics.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Sengoku basara is my favorite because everyone has unique mechanics.

Never even heard of that series before but holy poo poo does it look like fun.

Too bad Im a huge baby that doesnt play stuff if it never gets a NA port.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
http://observer.com/2017/02/donald-trump-administration-mike-flynn-russian-embassy/

I'm excited for the American spy agencies using the presidency of Donald Trump, who was elected by the unified will of the American people, to become a deep state on par with Turkey. :patriot:

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Randler posted:

I'm excited for the American spy agencies using the presidency of Donald Trump, who was elected by the unified will of the American people, to become a deep state on par with Turkey. :patriot:

yeah as much as i'm enjoying donald trump being stymied if we ever have a non-insane president again they need to completely clear out the intelligence agencies and replace them root and branch, b/c having an intelligence agency go 'no, actually, we don't care about our chain of command and elected leadership' is bad

there was some reform efforts after the church commission but then they were all thrown out by the reagan regime at the latest

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Furnaceface posted:

Never even heard of that series before but holy poo poo does it look like fun.

Too bad Im a huge baby that doesnt play stuff if it never gets a NA port.

Third installment is on the Wii in NA. Only one I played.

They also localized ~Senran Kagura~

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
*CNN-ishly*

“We’re supposed to hate Muslims,” Sanders said, (...). “We’re supposed to hate Latinos. We’re supposed to hate blacks.”

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

R. Mute posted:

jacobin did an article about the PTB/PVDA, the only Correct party in belgium and interviewed its chairman, peter mertens: https://www.jacobinmag.com/2017/02/belgium-workers-party-wallonia-ceta-eu/

good read, imo

nice

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
The face of the Belgian worker!

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/samueloakford/status/831175171595784192

this owns

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

R. Mute posted:

jacobin did an article about the PTB/PVDA, the only Correct party in belgium and interviewed its chairman, peter mertens: https://www.jacobinmag.com/2017/02/belgium-workers-party-wallonia-ceta-eu/

good read, imo

Jacobin had a decent-ish article on what an american worker's party would look like recently.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

an american worker's party would look like recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ0SDn1L0lU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Also, gently caress you Gravel Gravy. Your landowner bragging has made me spend my evening going over my finances and opportunities, and now I'm depressed.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Randler posted:

Also, gently caress you Gravel Gravy. Your landowner bragging has made me spend my evening going over my finances and opportunities, and now I'm depressed.

Uh oh a German depressed about their opportunities pining for land

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

they told you, invest in eastern poland!!

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

they told you, invest in eastern poland!!

Let's see how DE0007030009 is doing...

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless