Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

I have no idea about the context but I'm not sure if I want to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

HairyNipple! posted:

Here in Canberra somebody thought ahead

Sign of the apocalypse #2,114 spotted.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

A lot of the native wildlife didn't fare as well, the heat wave has been wiping out colonies of fruit bats

https://twitter.com/MaryLloyd4/status/830688171637628928?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Ah poo poo, that sucks. I know some people don't like the fruit bats, but as someone who grew up without them they will never cease to amaze me.

Pick posted:

Ok. Glad they're all right. Pet the gay boys for me.

I also have a very affectionate and sweet orange cat and I know their value and love.

Yeah there's basically not much in life that beats a truly awesome cat, and orange dudecats have a massively inflated incidence of true awesomeness.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
One of my neighbors had to move across country because her orange cat would come over to my house and chill out 24/7. One time the cat was sleeping in my bed when i woke up.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Sponge Baathist posted:

One of my neighbors had to move across country because her orange cat would come over to my house and chill out 24/7. One time the cat was sleeping in my bed when i woke up.

Dude. Free cat. What was the problem?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Sponge Baathist posted:

So you actually believed this story she told you about why she was moving?

Venusian Weasel
Nov 18, 2011

You'd want a change of scenery too if your cat started sleeping around with other people

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

AzureSkys posted:

Aren't a lot of those glass eating stunts done by those regurgitator magician folks and have some sort of trick to it?

His explaining that chewing glass makes it become like sand isn't so great of a reason given all the abrasive qualities it has. So, I'm wondering if there's a trick to eating glass that he's not keen on and now has tiny glass abrasive bits moving through his squishy insides.

Chewing it thoroughly really does grind it up into a sort of sand, though obviously it's not something you want entering your digestive system (much like real sand). He's just never practiced this so he's instead swallowing shards of glass and is probably going to need a hospital visit.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Those shards of glass gave me a serious case of shards of rear end.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

So you actually believed this story she told you about why she was moving?

You think she actually did that and I didn't omit facts to fit the narrative?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The other bad thing is that since they're "light" bulbs he may eat more of them than normal and totally forget about the calories.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Sponge Baathist posted:

You think she actually did that and I didn't omit facts to fit the narrative?

:psyduck:

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

The other bad thing is that since they're "light" bulbs he may eat more of them than normal and totally forget about the calories.

:getout:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

You reminded me of the worst video ever where some well-greased fellow takes what looks like a jam jar up his rear end, and then it breaks, and he's awkwardly fishing out broken glass while the blood drips.

And then someone made a version of the video with googly eyes and it was a terrible thing to laugh at.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

Literally one of the worst jokes I have ever read but I also cannot stop smiling about it either so good job

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Sponge Baathist posted:

What is it with orange cats? Every story I've heard of a strange cat just wandering into someone's house and sleeping on their bed, and the one time it happened to me, has been an orange cat. What on earth instills that compulsion into them?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I saw a programme on the bbc where they put gps collars on cats to see where they went. In close knit communities where people live very near each other cats just don't see boundaries like we do. They go through each others cat flaps/windows etc and sleep where they want. Some cats were being fed by multiple different families during the day.

Even if there are loads of cats that live near each other they will just get into a routine where they just each other while still visiting multiple houses and getting fed. They just leave scent marks to communicate with the others.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

He's done a few followup videos of other stunts where he's sitting on the shitter describing how much worse it was having the stuff he'd swallowed for an earlier video make its way back out again. The glass shard followup video should be a doozy.

Not that I'll watch either video, I don't want to encourage him to make more videos so I'm not going to add to his view count.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Nuebot posted:

What is it with orange cats? Every story I've heard of a strange cat just wandering into someone's house and sleeping on their bed, and the one time it happened to me, has been an orange cat. What on earth instills that compulsion into them?
My landlord's big fat cat is orange and he's terrified of being around strange people so speak for yourself.

I wish he would be my friend.

Bungbroy
Dec 14, 2004

Sweet teats of the godbung, lend me thy broys

[/quote]

I had a kid do that when I was making GBS threads during a basketball championship game in high school. Never wanted to slap a child that much before.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...e-a7575951.html

Better or worse than the borat one?

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice
The schadenfreud is on anyone who thinks actual glass eaters eat actual glass.

They eat sugar glass. Glass that is made out of sugar.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I don't think you understand what "schadenfreude" means.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Two Feet From Bread posted:

LA beast doesn't seem smart enough to realize that

hth

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

We sincerely apologize to remind you of your legacy as history's most comically evil goblins

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

A Moose posted:

I remember reading someone's account of dildoing themselves in the shower and getting it stuck, soemthing about how it opened their belly button(?) and got lodged against some cluster of nerves, paralyzing them from the waist down, and having their wife haul them to the car on a skateboard in front of their children and neighbors, and now he's permanently incontinent and everything.

I remember the story you are talking about. He had a really, REALLY pretentious writing style (what sticks out to me was he would write " th' " instead of " the ") that made me wish bad things happened to him, while reading a story of a bad thing happening to him.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Two Feet From Bread posted:

Please do tell me how you think street performers mold fake light bulbs. :allears:
Sideshows ain't magic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbpCw5ZnP5o

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

He really pulls a rabbit out of the hat, I'm sure of it!

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

RareAcumen posted:

He really pulls a rabbit out of the hat, I'm sure of it!

It's actually just a giant marshmallow in the shape of a bunny.
Sorry you've been lied to all your life.

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Is there a full video for this? I'm having trouble wrapping my head around what the kid in blue (who looks about as dim as LA Beast's lunch) was thinking.

Baba Yaga Fanboy has a new favorite as of 18:45 on Feb 13, 2017

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

Is there a full video for this? I'm having trouble wrapping my head around what the kid in blue (who looks about as dim as LA Beast's lunch) was thinking.

The only video version I could find wasn't any longer that the gif version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaoSEVhh4bM

Sounds like the guy taking a poo poo knows the kid?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

He was thinking that someone had locked the door to the stall he needed to use and, rubbing all the brain cells a 8 year old has together, decided to investigate. Heck, kids that age are no strangers to locking stall doors then leaving by crawling under for a prank. Who's to say that adults don't pull that kind of prank all the time in every setting. Also, the guy filming might not have said anything to deter the kid, choosing instead to start recording a video because we live in a wild and wonderful future.

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The only video version I could find wasn't any longer that the gif version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaoSEVhh4bM

Sounds like the guy taking a poo poo knows the kid?

Ah! That helps a bunch. I think the kid is just mentally challenged.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
http://i.imgur.com/cd4VJYf.gifv

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

This is good

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I want to yell "World Star Hip Hop" but that kid looked happy at getting his rear end kicked.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Nuebot posted:

An orange neighbor cat once crashed a big Halloween party I was throwing. It was a warm enough night that we left the back door open, and he just wandered in, made himself at home, and accepted pettings and head-scritches from all the partygoers. (He didn't try to move in though; he left when the party wound down.)

The next day I brought my own cat home (I'd left him with my mom for the evening), and after he'd sniffed around a bit, he was furious with me, I guess for cheating on him with another cat. Didn't speak to me for days.

Gounads
Mar 13, 2013

Where am I?
How did I get here?

You can jump backwards with a non-kinged checker?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

SinineSiil posted:

This is good

I thought only kings could jump backwards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Gounads posted:

You can jump backwards with a non-kinged checker?

Solice Kirsk posted:

I thought only kings could jump backwards?

I wondered about that too so I looked it up. Apparently there are a bunch of different checkers variants out there. Judging by the weird 10x10 board, this one is International draughts, which does allow backward captures.