Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jokic / mason is a real solid c rotation . Good gm in Denver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

http://thesportsquotient.com/nba/2017/2/13/mason-plumlee-is-the-swiss-army-knife-the-nuggets-need

Article on the Plumdog trade. Tldr I think he's a really good fit in Denver.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

euphronius posted:

Jokic / mason is a real solid c rotation . Good gm in Denver.

I agree but also plumlee is gonna get something like $80m/4, tho that's manageable while jokic is on his rookie deal.

Seems like most national writers like the deal more for Portland than Denver, which surprises me.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Most of the national writers are under the impression that Nurkic is actually good which is loving shocking.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
reminder that masai traded a still-ok nene for javale and arron afflalo for an iglet rental

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Stuff I've seen makes it seem like people think Plumlee/Nurkic isn't much more than a lateral move, especially since Plumlee will be gone in the offseason. The prize being a 3rd draft pick for basically free. The Cavs pick (oddly absent from 2k17) was received for taking/waiving Verajao.

Still waiting for Lillard/Boogie trade.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

ex post facho posted:

reminder that masai traded a still-ok nene for javale and arron afflalo for an iglet rental

That was a good trade.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The nuggets got a 1st rounder out of affalo, I don't see the problem

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/status/831186530362335233

I'm... not entirely sure what the idea is here, other than I guess we had open roster spots so why not? Someone help me out

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Cavs really want Derrick Williams and a backup PG I guess???

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

#StayMelo

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I looked up Derrick Williams' Cleveland stats and was reminded of this quote

quote:

It was there, in Sacramento, where Williams had his own Karl moment, when, after going without a rebound in a game, Williams found himself compared by Karl to a vending machine.

"You shouldn't be playing 20 minutes a game and not get a rebound," Karl said of that April 2015 game against the Utah Jazz. "I mean, the Coke machine can get a rebound some nights."

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

boxcarhobo posted:

I'm... not entirely sure what the idea is here, other than I guess we had open roster spots so why not? Someone help me out

Charlotte joins the coalition of the willing (to help the cavs out). Thanks MJ

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I look forward to the cavs having both players referred to as dwill.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Thus begins once again the longest two days of denzel valentine's life

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/sean-kilpatrick-the-lox-a-yonkers-tale/

Sean Kilpatrick tells his story

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Sean Kilpatrick posted:

What’s great about the D-League is that someone is always watching — even if it doesn’t feel like it sometimes. I had a string of great games at one point in the season, and I started getting call-ups out of nowhere based on my success in Delaware. First I went to the Timberwolves, then to the Nuggets. Then, the Nets. Each time, the call up was for 10 days.

Let me tell you a little bit about 10-day contracts. You’re living out of a suitcase. But that’s not even close to the most uncomfortable thing about the situation. You can’t do anything wrong. I’m a guy who is big on being on time — being on time has never been an issue for me. The rule of thumb is, if you’re eager to impress, you have to be there 15 minutes early. On a 10-day, you gotta be there 30 minutes before, if not earlier. You always gotta be one of the guys shooting after the game and lifting weights. You’re so tired, and you can see all the guys on contracts relaxing, but you gotta stay late and grind. You gotta be the first one at the gym in the morning. When it’s time for a game, you’re already exhausted, but you gotta dig deep and find the energy to go all out when you get minutes. (If you get minutes.)

You would not believe how many players would benefit from this attitude.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Man, y'all talkin' bout punctuality.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

dokmo posted:

I was sad the Pels didn't keep him.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Kibner posted:

I was sad the Pels didn't keep him.

I mean, aren't they on-and-off not playing Frazier? What's up with that, I thought he was being a good back up PG.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

boxcarhobo posted:

Charlotte will waive him and get money from Cleveland. Cleveland gets a smaller tax bill and a trade exemption. Charlotte basically rented Cleveland a roster spot for the time it takes to waive Birdman.

WhyteRyce posted:

I looked up Derrick Williams' Cleveland stats and was reminded of this quote

He is really, really tentative in just about everything he does. He has some legit skills and could probably be a good rotation guy but I don't think anyone has any trust in him on the court. A Lebron team is actually probably a good place for him.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

exempt posted:

Check out Buddy when Buddy gets nuts.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Tae posted:

I mean, aren't they on-and-off not playing Frazier? What's up with that, I thought he was being a good back up PG.

He lost more playing time than I thought with Tyreke coming back. When Tyreke is out, he plays more.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

I would pay money for Dan D'antoni to do a Dan Dan Noodles YouTube cooking tutorial

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

My favorite Dan D'Antoni rumor was that his middle name was Tony.

Why does he go by Dan anyway? Google says his name is Lewis Joseph D'Antoni.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

RCarr posted:

My favorite Dan D'Antoni rumor was that his middle name was Tony.

Why does he go by Dan anyway? Google says his name is Lewis Joseph D'Antoni.

You try having the last name D'Antoni and let's see if you're not tempted to upgrade to the Dan model

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

If your last name is D'Antoni and you're naming your kid Dan for some reason you really should go all the way with it

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Lockback posted:

Charlotte will waive him and get money from Cleveland. Cleveland gets a smaller tax bill and a trade exemption. Charlotte basically rented Cleveland a roster spot for the time it takes to waive Birdman.

Yep

https://twitter.com/hornets/status/831220633027608576

I guess now they just need to find someone to use the money on

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Feb 13, 2017

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQb_6scBmJp/

Don't ask why

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Very good article and I agree with your points. The C/C lineups with Denver look a lot better with Plumlee/Jokic than Nurkic/Jokic. Was Plumlee not projected as a pf?

Maybe Nurkic will give the Nuggets the defensive center they thought they were getting before they realized Festus's bones were made of beautiful but brittle coral

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Feb 13, 2017

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
For Nick and anyone else who likes video games and wants a book to help understand how to use R, the Humble Bundle has a great $30 deal and the proceeds go to support the ACLU, Doctors Without Borders, and International Rescue Committee.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

dokmo posted:

It's really good life advice. A lot of jobs have management that doesn't really know the quality of work that new hires are doing, they just don't know or can't know. So you just signal good worker until they're trying to assess the next guy and then you can go back to just doing good work without having to do all the extra signaling

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Dejan Bimble posted:

It's really good life advice. A lot of jobs have management that doesn't really know the quality of work that new hires are doing, they just don't know or can't know. So you just signal good worker until they're trying to assess the next guy and then you can go back to just doing good work without having to do all the extra signaling
Yeah p much. It's annoying, but your first three to six months in any job is basically earning the right to just get your work done on your own schedule.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Stein was also saying that Portland was "determined" to offload Ezeli which is... weird. If you're gonna use assets or picks to offload salary why not Turner or Crabbe. Ezeli's $7 million next year doesn't seem worth giving up anything to get rid of.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Crabbe has a no trade clause until July.

Turner is injured and has maybe the worst contract in the NBA.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

euphronius posted:

Crabbe has a no trade clause until July.

Turner is injured and has maybe the worst contract in the NBA.

poo poo I forgot about the no trade thing.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

It's basically impossible for Portland to get out of cap hell and compete without a hard tank this year

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

leftist heap posted:

Stein was also saying that Portland was "determined" to offload Ezeli which is... weird. If you're gonna use assets or picks to offload salary why not Turner or Crabbe. Ezeli's $7 million next year doesn't seem worth giving up anything to get rid of.

It's actually $1m guaranteed next year. The only reason anyone can think of that Portland would want to offload Ezeli is to make another move this year.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Cool Buff Man posted:

You try having the last name D'Antoni and let's see if you're not tempted to upgrade to the Dan model

Andy is about the only upgrade from Dan, and that may be lateral.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
gently caress it, just got my tax return....gimme the Dan.

O Lord, Please do not trade Iman Shumpert, who finally learned how to shoot to match his defensive effort, for Jose Calderon. I have love for JC but, just nah.

I wonder if Jusuf will find his own identity now that he's not vastly overshadowed by the superior Jokic.

~~above it all~~

• Locked thread