Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I just pulled Takumi, do I win the game now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

It's the installation file for the game.

Realistically, if I've diagnosed your problem correctly (which isn't guaranteed), unrooting your emulator and then somehow convincing google play you're a new device (possibly by switching emulators to Nox? I don't really know) will solve your problem quickly and easily.

e: Nox is even unrooted by default so there shouldn't be an issue with messing that part up.

No, unrooting and using Nox instead hasn't worked... one thing I noticed though, was that when I looked in the review sections all of them said "for an older version" even for reviews made today. Makes me wonder if it's received some sort of stealth update that screws with emulators. I'll see if there's anything else I can do...

I've downloaded the APK, but I have no idea what to do with it...

EDIT: Nevermind, I was able to run the APK with Nox, it's working now. Thanks Cheetah! I can buy you a new avatar as thanks if you want.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Stephen9001 fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 13, 2017

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I'm pretty sure her average stats put her at lower def than Chrom, Ryoma, Marth and Tiki. Her resistance is great though.

I'm talking combined. She has 55 combined Defense + Resistance, which is more than anything except Tiki as far as red units go, and it's not like that's 55 Resistance and 0 Defense or anything. 26 Defense (1 higher than Lucina, 1 lower than Ryoma, 5 lower than Chrom is a godawful unit, 3 lower than Marth) and 29 Resistance (10 higher than Lucina, 9 higher than Ryoma, 12 higher than Chrom, 6 higher than Marth).

Philip Rivers posted:

She also has the lowest health of any red lord, zero defensive abilities, and gets owned by dragons. She can weather a hit (which is important because she'd be garbage if she couldn't) but she'll almost never survive a second one.

How does she get owned by dragons? She has the highest Resistance of any lord, period. Young Tiki can't kill her in two hits and in fact dies trying. Same with Adult Tiki and Fae (Fae barely even hurts her).

Seriously, people who say that Lyn is fragile have never used her in this game and are going off her stats in her original game, which are nothing like her stats here.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Stephen9001 posted:

I can buy you a new avatar as thanks if you want.

If you wanna waste $10 getting rid of this piece of poo poo I won't complain but I don't really think I provided you with $10 of value

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

If you wanna waste $10 getting rid of this piece of poo poo I won't complain but I don't really think I provided you with $10 of value

I'm just feeling grateful, and I can sometimes have something of a generous streak (I feel guilty whenever I walk past a homeless person without giving them something) so give me an image you'd like to be your new avatar, and I'll see to it making it replace that "piece of poo poo".

On a different topic, I have a +DEF Lyn, who gets 30 Def at level 40 (there seem to be a few cases where the + value ends up being +4 rather than +3, this is one such case) which has proven to be rather excellent, since her bane is RES (though this makes her less capable of just taking a hit from a mage or dragon) it just makes her that much better at killing enemy dudes with swords without getting killed herself. She also works really well with my +SPD Able (30 speed at 40, with a brave lance), since with the aid of spur speed Able can get X4 attacks on, and thus murder the crap out of, quite a significant amount of blue dudes and red mages.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Stephen9001 fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Feb 13, 2017

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

JackDarko posted:

I just pulled Takumi, do I win the game now?

The secret is that to win you can never stop pulling

also you never win

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam
So, I was told that Takumi will never be individually nerfed due to Japanese law. The only way he can possibly be nerfed is if there is a wide-scale adjustment of some kind.

Instead of googling to see if this is even true I came straight here to discuss it in pure frustration.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Yeah, "winning" this game right now is basically spending hundreds of dollars to troll a handful of people every arena cycle and to get a decently high rank which gives you feathers... which lets you upgrade characters...

...but you already have a perfect team because you're a filthy whale.

What I'm saying is, don't spend money on this game.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The inaccessible option on the battle menu has been datamined to be "guild vs guild" so presumably that's where whaling will be truly rewarded

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Here's the solution to Takumi: get a Robin

I wasn't able to get a single 7 win streak in arena this week because of Robins on deceptively low-ranked teams destroying Takumi who is my only good character, and I have no counter for it and it sucks

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Blackdog420 posted:

So, I was told that Takumi will never be individually nerfed due to Japanese law. The only way he can possibly be nerfed is if there is a wide-scale adjustment of some kind.

Instead of googling to see if this is even true I came straight here to discuss it in pure frustration.

Jesus Christ, Takumi isn't even the best colorless ranged attacker in the game, let alone the best unit in the game.

fairlight
May 18, 2007

Reiterpallasch posted:

Jesus Christ, Takumi isn't even the best colorless ranged attacker in the game, let alone the best unit in the game.

I want a Kagero :(

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Takumi's "thing" is that he breaks the rules of the game and as such requires you to approach him in ways you usually can't or don't want to fight other units. Him being colorless honestly makes it even more daunting since so few units have type advantage against him. His actual numbers and such aren't that bad and he can't ever get weapon advantage against you so he's very predictable.

You really have to expect to see him on any decent strength team because not having an answer to him sucks (not "you lose" suck but definitely forces unfavorable trades). That predictability is actually really helpful, or it would be if you had any control over what units you have. I got a 5* Robin and an Abel so I basically see most of the top tiers as free arena wins, but if the new spear lords are top tier I won't really know what to do since my only decent green is a 4* Fae (and 3* Narcian I guess???).

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Takumi can be nerfed, it's just incredibly bad form and looks increadibly lovely for a game to nerf cards in a game where people spend tons of money. Pissing off one mega whale is enough to lose thousands of dollars in revenue alone.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I have a 4-star kagero and since I'm not going to be able to upgrade her to 5 anytime soon, I was wondering if swapping her to the steel dagger instead of poison dagger would make sense because 3 attack seems pretty good? Or am I an idiot for thinking this? It seems like it only applies the debuff after the attack and I'm not sure how much of a bonus to infantry the poison dagger gives

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I have a 4-star kagero and since I'm not going to be able to upgrade her to 5 anytime soon, I was wondering if swapping her to the steel dagger instead of poison dagger would make sense because 3 attack seems pretty good? Or am I an idiot for thinking this? It seems like it only applies the debuff after the attack and I'm not sure how much of a bonus to infantry the poison dagger gives

Poison Dagger allows her to one-shot infantry and is literally the only reason anyone cares about her.

Edit: I don't know the exact formula, but traditionally these sorts of things multiply the weapon's might by 3 when against a super-effective matchup. And with the way defense works (subtraction), that's incredibly good.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Clarste posted:

Poison Dagger allows her to one-shot infantry and is literally the only reason anyone cares about her.

Then mine must have -attack or be defective because they keep living then murdering her the next turn!

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Countblanc posted:

You really have to expect to see him on any decent strength team because not having an answer to him sucks (not "you lose" suck but definitely forces unfavorable trades). That predictability is actually really helpful, or it would be if you had any control over what units you have. I got a 5* Robin and an Abel so I basically see most of the top tiers as free arena wins, but if the new spear lords are top tier I won't really know what to do since my only decent green is a 4* Fae (and 3* Narcian I guess???).

I suggest you level up and upgrade Anna. She actually becomes pretty drat solid with a few upgrades. She's kinda like a green Lyn, (in terms of stats) high attack and speed, low def, decent res.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Stephen9001 posted:

I suggest you level up and upgrade Anna. She actually becomes pretty drat solid with a few upgrades. She's kinda like a green Lyn, (in terms of stats) high attack and speed, low def, decent res.

I was thinking of doing that once the next feather batch comes on, her skills seem quite good.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Your total atk is increased by 50% when you have an effective weapon

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Paul Zuvella posted:

Takumi can be nerfed, it's just incredibly bad form and looks increadibly lovely for a game to nerf cards in a game where people spend tons of money. Pissing off one mega whale is enough to lose thousands of dollars in revenue alone.

If they implement balance changes, I'm inclined to think it'll be through upgrade paths, not nerfs. If down the line they gave everyone new alternate abilities (right now very few characters have more than one choice for their A/B/C/Special), and Takumi's new options weren't too hot, that would bring him down a peg in the meta without actually taking anything away from him.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Then mine must have -attack or be defective because they keep living then murdering her the next turn!

Kagero oneshots Linde, Azura and Lyn (with a hone attack), cripples Lucina, gets a couple of relevant 2-shots (including Marth) that Takumi can't, and wins shootouts vs. Takumi and Robin. Takumi is better against...Catria and Camilla. You tell me which one you'd rather have on arena offense.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
that's mostly salt talking, since i don't have either of them or jeorge

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Reiterpallasch posted:

Kagero oneshots Linde, Azura and Lyn (with a hone attack), cripples Lucina, gets a couple of relevant 2-shots (including Marth) that Takumi can't, and wins shootouts vs. Takumi and Robin. Takumi is better against...Catria and Camilla. You tell me which one you'd rather have on arena offense.

And Leo, and armourers, and Cecilia, and anyone else on a horse or in a big suit of armour...

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Blackdog420 posted:

Granblue directly nerfed Corvette (and gave everybody who rolled her like a bazillion dollars worth of apology stones) so yes it is entirely within the realm of possibility for it to happen (it won't)

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
He's not nearly broken enough (if at all) to warrant a nerf in a mobile game.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

There's very few relevant non-infantry units seeing much play right now. Hector and Camilla both get ate by red lords and Abel is pretty niche as is. Kagero just does more damage to most threats, and that's the entire point of running a neutral nuke.

Takumi is still swole as hell tho

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I mean I guess isn't this all just utterly irrelevant unless you whale in a comedic fashion?

I feel like more time should be spent optimising for units that aren't necessarily top tier and arguing out what good partners/setups are for everyone, absent whaling.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Defense tier lists are useful for everyone--it tells you what you should be ready to face with your offense team, and, if it's well written, might even give you suggestions on how to counter them.

Offense tier lists can be useful for non-whales--like, they can provide help deciding between Marth and Lucina if you pull both for instance--but most people will have their team be fairly obvious just from what they pull.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Stephen9001 posted:

And Leo, and armourers, and Cecilia, and anyone else on a horse or in a big suit of armour...

At ~4300, Leo and Cecilia are completely irrelevant units, as are all other cavalry units not named Abel. Any falchion wielder can solo an infinite number of armors not called Effie, as can Kagero if you're using a dancer. If you're not using a Falchion wielder or Olivia, now that Olivia was in the free rotation, you'd better have a drat good reason why.

e: okay, kagero can't take hector, but neither can takumi really

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Blackdog420 posted:

Yup. They'd have to provide refunds to everyone who pulled for him. Which is basically impossible.

Final Fantasy Record Keeper has the same issue where two early relics basically warped the entire game (both gave a +300% DEF and RES boost).

Denas' solution was basically to permanently offer a banner with them on it. And many end game bosses now have attacks that ignore def/res.

But FFRK doesn't have PvP so I think fire emblem is going to be much harder to fix

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Reiterpallasch posted:

that's mostly salt talking, since i don't have either of them or jeorge

I ended up rolling on nothing but neutral stones to get Takumi and exiting when I didn't pull him. With the 3% chance or however much it's boosted, plus the 3/7ths of 3% from the 5* chance you have a good shot at getting something if you open 20ish orbs. But, of course, this is coming from someone who has a 0.33% rate of getting 5* in Fate/Grand Order so variance can be a bitch.

EDIT: And just after I posted this I rolled in FGO and got a 5*. I'm just a regular luck sack here.

Trihugger fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Feb 14, 2017

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Hector just laughs at Kagero, but if you have a healer Takumi can take him on.

Leo is actually decent against Takumi too (high-ish defense and guaranteed double on counter), but it's true that no one plays him because he's not that good. Cecilia is irrelevant.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Thundercracker posted:

Yup. They'd have to provide refunds to everyone who pulled for him. Which is basically impossible.

Final Fantasy Record Keeper has the same issue where two early relics basically warped the entire game (both gave a +300% DEF and RES boost).

None of this is true. It's not against the law to nerf gacha items, they wouldn't have to issue a refund legally speaking (though the game would probably instantly die if they didn't), Sentinel's Grimoire and Thyrus don't provide +300% stat boosts, and they didn't warp the entire game. Case in point on the former issues: DeNA actually nerfed a relic in FFRK after it was released and offered no compensation for it (Yuna's Tiny Bees were originally White Magic typed on the attack command, allowing them to work with Dualcast White and White Damage Up materias; that quickly got changed to them being Natural type and thus not working with any school-specific materias).

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Finally finished with rerolling. I ended up losing that Takumi/Lucina/RobinM to the 803-3013 error (or whatever number it was, basically rendered the account unusable). Settled on a Effie/Camilla pull that came with a 4* Selena. Is it optimal? Hell no, but when I was working on my second 20 orb pull, I was really having fun with the team. Considering how many times I rerolled over the past few days, I'll take that over trying to slam my face into a wall for a Takumi w/ other 5* characters roll. My second 20 only yielded a 4* Abel, but he's pretty drat good, too.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

melodicwaffle posted:

Here's the solution to Takumi: get a Robin

I wasn't able to get a single 7 win streak in arena this week because of Robins on deceptively low-ranked teams destroying Takumi who is my only good character, and I have no counter for it and it sucks

Robin/Nowi/Takumi/ Healer lets me steamroll almost any team i've met in the arena. I think I won 21 advanced in a row because Nowi is a loving brick shithouse but every now and then a superwhale with a 5* olivia/roy/hector/takumi or 5*hector/hector/takumi/takumi manages to gently caress up my plans so I've not been able to get a perfect 7 matches in a row, I usually lose my -Def robin or my healer or something due to getting hit in the face with $250+

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Space Crabs posted:

Robin/Nowi/Takumi/ Healer lets me steamroll almost any team i've met in the arena. I think I won 21 advanced in a row because Nowi is a loving brick shithouse but every now and then a superwhale with a 5* olivia/roy/hector/takumi or 5*hector/hector/takumi/takumi manages to gently caress up my plans so I've not been able to get a perfect 7 matches in a row, I usually lose my -Def robin or my healer or something due to getting hit in the face with $250+

...Shouldn't Roy be super trivial to deal with for that team? But you'll definitely need a reliable counter for Hector as you go up in the ranks. Takumi + healer works in my experience (counter with Takumi, heal up, kite while healing when necessary), but that relies on you killing all his allies before he reaches you.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

Your total atk is increased by 50% when you have an effective weapon
lmao it's +1/-1 damage in almost every other FE
Do Not gently caress With Advantage in this game

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Nihilarian posted:

I meant situations like Falchion vs dragons or hammers vs armor. Weapon triangle is +/-20%, which is still a lot, but isn't 50%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Nihilarian posted:

Im pretty sure they're talking about bow vs air, falchion vs dragon, hammer vs armor etc.

That said wta in this game is hella strong and I like that

e: fb