Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

AlphaKretin posted:

I mean, we're only an hour or 2 of plot progress in, mind. They leave the city, filler happens, the city gets invaded, they return to it, and have now set off for a safe refuge. The open world is admittedly detrimental here, but give the character development some time.

For me it isn't so much that the characters are bland as whenever they do say things or display traits, I want heavy objects to fall on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Well yes, it's a Final Fantasy game.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Megidolaon
Feb 13, 2017
What happened to Tipping40's? I figured you guys had a falling out or were too busy for LPs but here most of you are. Glad to see you guys are still doing this but drat I'm probably going to have a lot to catch up on.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Megidolaon posted:

What happened to Tipping40's? I figured you guys had a falling out or were too busy for LPs but here most of you are. Glad to see you guys are still doing this but drat I'm probably going to have a lot to catch up on.

here are some :words: i posted a while back about it

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Jeez, it's kind of depressing remembering watching all of those games get played and how long ago that was. I think T40s were a big part of why I never drink.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
For what it's worth Kuvo, I enjoyed the podcast quite a bit. I think this LP has kinda reminded me of that, too.

Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

You can trip on my synthesizer.

Shinjobi posted:

For what it's worth Kuvo, I enjoyed the podcast quite a bit.

It was pretty good, Alex trying to explain End of Eva was one of the best things to come out of T40's.

Reading this really puts into perspective just how much content you guys were pushing out. I guess at the time I took it for granted there'd be a new episode every weekday to wind down with after work for near enough three years. It's no surprise about the burnout.
I'm glad to see you guys still seem (?) to be enjoying the lp scene, it's nice to see Bandunk's doing okay since then and I hope Marvelis is as well, wherever he is these days.

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:frogsiren: FUNNEL CAKES :frogsiren:

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

I was hoping you could swap Noctis' clothes to the sombrero outfit sometime, as that was part of the Choco Moogle Con

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

This poo poo is so stupid I love it

Dancing Peasant posted:

I was hoping you could swap Noctis' clothes to the sombrero outfit sometime, as that was part of the Choco Moogle Con
Sombrero is only available if you paid. The free version does have a stupid tshirt though, and you have it right from the start

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Apparently the game is coming out on PC. Wonder how much of the DLC and whatnot will be available, if at all.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Probably late info, but there was a baby chocobo behind the photo-op stand.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Oh boy, the carnival. I've probably sunk too much time into it for what it offers, but it's a great place for farming stuff that's normally a pain in the rear end to find. General fishing tips that apply to the main game: fish are real drat picky about which lure you're using! You almost have to know ahead of time what sort of fish are in the area, and they'll generally bite if you use a lure for a fish within the same family (trevally, grouper, bass, trout etc.) but otherwise they show no interest. If there's no red bar immediately after you cast, hit O to back out (you don't have to manually reel in your cast) and use a different lure.

Here's my state fair story: I went to the Vermont state fair when I was 3 years old, I was at the petting zoo and wanted to pet this duck 'cause it's fluffy, you know, and I was leaning over and it loving pecked me literally about a centimeter above my right eye as hard as it could. It probably would have blinded me had it been any closer. gently caress ducks. Ducks are loving evil pieces of poo poo.

...I don't enjoy watching Noctis nearly getting pecked to death by the chocobo on the farm. :(

Nihilarian posted:

This poo poo is so stupid I love it
Sombrero is only available if you paid. The free version does have a stupid tshirt though, and you have it right from the start

they got both of 'em, the pop-ups were during the load screen

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Smoky Bandana posted:

It was pretty good, Alex trying to explain End of Eva was one of the best things to come out of T40's.

Oh Lord which one is this.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

anatoliy pltkrvkay posted:

Oh Lord which one is this.

here you go

vvvv e: Oh I'm aware, but I've never been personally attacked by geese except in a fatal fury game so I'm pretty biased

melodicwaffle fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Feb 13, 2017

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

melodicwaffle posted:

Here's my state fair story: I went to the Vermont state fair when I was 3 years old, I was at the petting zoo and wanted to pet this duck 'cause it's fluffy, you know, and I was leaning over and it loving pecked me literally about a centimeter above my right eye as hard as it could. It probably would have blinded me had it been any closer. gently caress ducks. Ducks are loving evil pieces of poo poo.

You think ducks are bad? Ducks will fight back if you crowd them, but geese are aggressively territorial bastards. My hometown had an artificial pond that was owned by the geese, we couldn't shift them for preservation reasons, they crapped everywhere (I think ducks crap in the water while geese crap out of it), and would attack anyone who stood still for more than five seconds.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I applaud the Squarenix video execs who have decided there was too much fun in video games.

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.

Smoky Bandana posted:

Reading this really puts into perspective just how much content you guys were pushing out. I guess at the time I took it for granted there'd be a new episode every weekday to wind down with after work for near enough three years. It's no surprise about the burnout.
I'm glad to see you guys still seem (?) to be enjoying the lp scene, it's nice to see Bandunk's doing okay since then and I hope Marvelis is as well, wherever he is these days.

Everyone is doing well and will always be on good terms. None of us really have any interest in LPs except Ryan, but it's nice to get together and play games / talk poo poo when we can. All in all we're great friends and even when splitting up the group there really wasn't much drama.

As for the T40 days, those were good times but it had to end for quite a few reasons. Ryan's long write-up makes it sound like there was a big deal about monetizing stuff. Honestly we just wanted to be able to sustain the group and make more (better) content but we needed financial support to do it. All that aside, I do wish I could go back in time and un-say a lot of stupid/mean/insensitive stuff but that's just what people do when they're young I guess.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Lunethex posted:

Apparently the game is coming out on PC. Wonder how much of the DLC and whatnot will be available, if at all.

Before this LP I would have been really excited for this news. At first I thought the game looked neat and people weren't giving it a fair shake, but these videos show that that's not what's going on.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Before this LP I would have been really excited for this news. At first I thought the game looked neat and people weren't giving it a fair shake, but these videos show that that's not what's going on.

You know, I get the opposite feeling. The game looked like some dumb anime boy-band road trip but after the first chapter finished it started to feel a lot more like a Final Fantasy game.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Tenebrais posted:

You know, I get the opposite feeling. The game looked like some dumb anime boy-band road trip but after the first chapter finished it started to feel a lot more like a Final Fantasy game.

I thought the same for the first few videos, but after a point the problems (for me at least) became more noticeable.

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
I didn't even know there was a carnival in this game. How the hell did I miss it when I played this.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
its dlc that came out a few weeks ago?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The Big Love/Broken Walk Cycle Saga is maybe my favorite part of any T40's LP (aside from the slurs but that's what the internet was at the time including me so) but aside of that yeah Fable 2 was pretty terrible (though I put that on the game, not you guys). Even LBP2 at least had the weird user created level episodes.

I'm sorry I made fun of Lunch Break so much.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Feb 14, 2017

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

This is the only FF game that I've finished after 7 (not counting 14 I guess). I even got my one and only platinum trophy from this game. For all it's flaws I thought it was still a really fun game and I would recommend it to others. Maybe not at full price, though.

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

Because "Lieutenant" didn't fit.

topiKal posted:

Everyone is doing well and will always be on good terms. None of us really have any interest in LPs except Ryan, but it's nice to get together and play games / talk poo poo when we can. All in all we're great friends and even when splitting up the group there really wasn't much drama.

As for the T40 days, those were good times but it had to end for quite a few reasons. Ryan's long write-up makes it sound like there was a big deal about monetizing stuff. Honestly we just wanted to be able to sustain the group and make more (better) content but we needed financial support to do it. All that aside, I do wish I could go back in time and un-say a lot of stupid/mean/insensitive stuff but that's just what people do when they're young I guess.

Believe it or not, this really takes a load off my mind. You guys were always my favorite LP group, and considering the high drama rate e-fame has these days, I worried that you guys had some big, dumb teenage romance break-up. Glad to hear the old gang are still good buds.

I relate to Noctis here, somewhat. I went to the local carnival alone, once. It was terrible. :saddowns:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Rodyle posted:

The Big Love/Broken Walk Cycle Saga is maybe my favorite part of any T40's LP (aside from the slurs but that's what the internet was at the time including me so) but aside of that yeah Fable 2 was pretty terrible (though I put that on the game, not you guys).
I liked the game-long quest to avenge their kicked pupper. :3:

I haven't played a FF since 10, I think, and 6 before that (when it was still called 3). This laid-back playthrough is getting me interested in XV when it comes out on PC.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Does this carnival really not even have a ferris wheel or anything? The only thing to ride is gondola man's obviously on-rails boat? You're not fooling anyone, gondola man.

Bruceski posted:

You think ducks are bad? Ducks will fight back if you crowd them, but geese are aggressively territorial bastards. My hometown had an artificial pond that was owned by the geese, we couldn't shift them for preservation reasons, they crapped everywhere (I think ducks crap in the water while geese crap out of it), and would attack anyone who stood still for more than five seconds.

The geese around here are pretty cool, but I worked at a place that had a couple of swans. gently caress swans. You see all this swan propaganda around about them being beautiful majestic birds. They are not. They're fat ugly sacks of crap. Have you ever seen a swan poo poo? Swans poo poo like dogs. Just big green, loafy turds all over the pavement. Sometimes they're shiny and gooey and I don't know how. And when you go over there to sweep it off, they start eyeballing you and puff up like they're gonna fuckin' fight you. gently caress. Swans. :argh:

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
I hate when they rearrange old songs but then cockblock you out of the best part of the melodies.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I loving hate geese/ducks.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Chocobo racing guy has clearly been hitting the Wild Chocobo p hard.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
If you guys want to make battles easier at some point, Wait Mode lets you Libra monsters to see their weaknesses.

I've always wondered, in this the age of patreon, if the t40s had started a few years later things would have been different. People on the forums were real against donations and now everybody does it lol.

Using your choco in the wild levels it up and increases speed/stamina. You can also camp out in the wild with your choco and feed it Greens to make it faster the next day, which will work on races.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Is there any reason to do races? Any good items to get or just customizations?

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Lunethex posted:

Is there any reason to do races? Any good items to get or just customizations?

In the base game you get medals that increase the performance of your chocobo in strange, barely described, and barely noticeable ways.

So no.

But that's this entire game in a nutshell really.

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:frogsiren: HANABI :frogsiren:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I love that Carbuncle is literally texting Noctis all those messages.

He keeps his phone out to talk to it and everything.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

It does occur to me that Carbuncle in this game is basically Old Kentucky II.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Carbuncle doesn't drink enough whiskey to be Old Kentucky II.

Old Kentucky Crow, on the other hand...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
that whole dlc is weird as gently caress

• Locked thread