Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

if you think he looks like a dork, try listening to him talk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Moridin920 posted:

Bloomberg did a good write up on this not too long ago if anyone else is wondering.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/graphics/2016-nuclear-weapon-launch/

That's super interesting, especially the part were he has to answer to a trick question on the phone that requires reading TWO separate sets of words.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Thirsty Girl posted:

I tried it in the mirror and it's actually physically painful for me to shove my shoulders down to that angle he's got going on in that photo

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Thirsty Girl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wRIAXc_w2E

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

You know I had always heard the president can decide all by himself to initiate a nuclear attack, but I always just had it in the back of my mind that there had to be some work around for it where it can be cancelled by other people if deemed inappropriate but nope lmao

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tiny Lowtax posted:

You know I had always heard the president can decide all by himself to initiate a nuclear attack, but I always just had it in the back of my mind that there had to be some work around for it where it can be cancelled by other people if deemed inappropriate but nope lmao

Yeah not really lol it's either the nukes get launched or a military coupe.

either way is lol although tbh I'd rather it be the Pentagon going 'you're loving nuts and we're removing you from office' than the end of human civilization.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

military coupe.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Moridin920 posted:

Yeah not really lol it's either the nukes get launched or a military coupe.

either way is lol although tbh I'd rather it be the Pentagon going 'you're loving nuts and we're removing you from office' than the end of human civilization.

Yeah but the article even states that 3 of the 5 people who input the code could decide not to do it and they'd still launch since it only takes two.

I dunno but it seems like it takes a special kind of psychopath to input a code that will be responsible for millions of deaths.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Yeah but the article even states that 3 of the 5 people who input the code could decide not to do it and they'd still launch since it only takes two.

I dunno but it seems like it takes a special kind of psychopath to input a code that will be responsible for millions of deaths.

yeah its pretty much streamlined so that if missiles are coming in, missiles go out as deterrence which is great in theory except humans are idiots

but the silos and subs need willing participation from the pentagon

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Pentagon could refuse to send the orders but it'd require basically all of them going 'nope we're not doing it.'

Where it says "ultimately the Pentagon has to comply with the president's orders" that's where the coup would be happening because they don't have to obviously, that's just the only legal thing they can do.

Honestly if absolutely nothing was happening and one day Trump woke up and said 'gently caress it I'm nuking the world' I'd hope the Pentagon would refuse his orders believing them to be unlawful or something. Theoretically/legally though yeah it just takes the president's order and that's it. There's already been some head scratching in the past about what happens if the president is mentally unwell or something but it hasn't really been an issue obv.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Feb 13, 2017

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Lime Tonics posted:

Farmers are going to get owned even more,

Mexico ready to retaliate by hurting American corn farmers

"I'm going to send a bill for the corn that we are buying in the Midwest and...change to Brazil or Argentina," Rios Piter, 43, told told CNN's Leyla Santiago on Sunday at an anti-Trump protest in Mexico City.

He added: It's a "good way to tell them that this hostile relationship has consequences, hope that it changes."

American corn goes into a lot of the country's food. In Mexico City, from fine dining restaurants to taco stands on the street, corn-based favorites like tacos can be found everywhere.

America is also the world's largest producer and exporter of corn. American corn shipments to Mexico have catapulted since NAFTA, a free trade deal signed between Mexico, America and Canada.

American farmers sent $2.4 billion of corn to Mexico in 2015, the most recent year of available data. In 1995, the year after NAFTA became law, corn exports to Mexico were a mere $391 million.

http://www.abc15.com/news/national/mexico-ready-to-retaliate-by-hurting-american-corn-farmers

lol, just, lol

Good, American corn loving sucks

It's all that bright yellow sweet poo poo, you can't make a goddamn street elote with that poo poo

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

proof of concept posted:

I tried it in the mirror and it's actually physically painful for me to shove my shoulders down to that angle he's got going on in that photo

Hold on, gotta try this out

Yeah, how do you get your shoulders to slope down at 45 degrees, especially in a suit... Is there some sort of "reverse-shrug" exercise?

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Tiny Lowtax posted:

thankfully Trump doesn't have the attention span to type in a code.

Bloomberg article about nucular weapons posted:

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/graphics/2016-nuclear-weapon-launch/

The order goes out

The war room prepares the launch order, a message that contains the chosen war plan, time to launch, authentication codes and codes needed to unlock the missiles before firing them. The encoded and encrypted message is only about 150 characters long, about the length of a tweet. It is broadcast to each worldwide command and directly to launch crews.

Aw gently caress

Tumble fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Feb 13, 2017

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

i like how the bannon constituency is always congratulating each other on their "enormous IQs" and "intellectual coherence" but it only takes two seconds to go oh look youre full of poo poo

also lolling that they refer to him as having a good on-screen presence if he was any more heavy lidded and wooden he would be in gepettos workshop

Thirsty Girl fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Feb 13, 2017

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
lol loving us corn, isn't it 100% subsidized too ?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

unpacked robinhood posted:

lol loving us corn, isn't it 100% subsidized too ?

yeah iirc there's some fat subsidies on it

lol

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Thirsty Girl posted:

i like how the bannon constituency is always congratulating each other on their "enormous IQs" and "intellectual coherence" but it only takes two seconds to go oh look youre full of poo poo

also lolling that they refer to him as having a good on-screen presence if he was any more heavy lidded and wooden he would be in gepettos workshop

I love that his own argument of "we have equal branches of govt in this country" completely yanks the rug out from under the insane idea that "NOBODY CAN QUESTION THE PRESIDENT!!!" that he's using the argument to justify.

He said he'd go on any show at any time to shill for this administration and I'm really hoping people take him up on that offer. It would be pretty easy to rip this idiot to shreds in any venue for discussion where he couldn't just shout down the other person, and that has massive comedy potential, especially if he winds up totally losing it live on some show where he runs up against a career broadcast journalist out for blood who refuses to let him weasel out of the tough questions

proof of concept fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Feb 13, 2017

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I wanna see him on the Eric Andre Show

that might be dangerous levels of lol

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Lol, the Executive Branch of the largest economy in the world is a mash-up of gameshow, action genre, and the worst parts of reality television.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

proof of concept posted:

"NOBODY CAN QUESTION THE PRESIDENT!!!"

I seriously just cannot believe the emphasis on this from trump and his buddies right now, it's incredible

this is what happens when you defund education

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
idk if you guys listened to the 9th circuit arguments last week but so much lol when the judge asked the Dept. of Justice attorney "are you saying we can't even question the validity of this order?" and he just goes "uhh....... yeah" and the judge is like "lol"

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Code Jockey posted:

this is what happens when you defund education

nah, the quality of the public education he received isn't the issue
http://www.univision.com/univision-...igration-policy

dude's just a bitter little fucker and always has been

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
dude is just pissed that his fantasy of the office and the reality aren't meshing and he is raging about it

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

proof of concept posted:

nah, the quality of the public education he received isn't the issue
http://www.univision.com/univision-...igration-policy

dude's just a bitter little fucker and always has been

"Stephen Miller and Jason Islas grew up in sunny southern California in the late 1990s, united by their passion for Star Trek."

lololololololololol i am living in the matrix

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
i hope american corn, and then corn, and then america collapses, in that order, for electing donald trump, as president

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
gently caress corn

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Thirsty Girl posted:

"Stephen Miller and Jason Islas grew up in sunny southern California in the late 1990s, united by their passion for Star Trek."

lololololololololol i am living in the matrix

Next pizzagate already in the works I see

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
seriously like one of the first things you learn about when you learn about the US government structure is that it was specifically designed to have checks and balances so that the president cannot act like a king

this isnt even 101 level material this is middle school civics.

lol that reminds me trump reads and writes at a middle school level (sixth grade)

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I wanna be in charge of writing the notes on school letterhead that start "Dear Mr and Mrs, we think your kid is a homo..."

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

unpacked robinhood posted:

Next pizzagate already in the works I see

This is the best part:

"Rosmarin also recalled a Miller speech during a campaign for student council elections in which he attacked the requirement that students put their trash in garbage bins, saying that janitors were paid to do that."

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

thathonkey posted:

lol that reminds me trump reads and writes at a middle school level (sixth grade)

Well there's your problem, Civics starts in 7th grade

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

I'll never not be able to see this

when Trump smiles thanks to this thread

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

I'll never not be able to see this

when Trump smiles thanks to this thread

you're welcome, friend

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Thirsty Girl posted:

This is the best part:

"Rosmarin also recalled a Miller speech during a campaign for student council elections in which he attacked the requirement that students put their trash in garbage bins, saying that janitors were paid to do that."

hello um yes er how do you do a-hem I am running for student government on the platform that it is tyranny that we are required - REQUIRED!! - to piss and poo poo in the toilets instead of in the middle of the classroom floors and in the halls and on the cafeteria tables LIKE GOD INTENDED!!! These conditions are unjust and unfair, and I will take this fight to the school administration on your behalf!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Thirsty Girl posted:

This is the best part:

he's creating jobs

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
that logic is so loving stupid. why uh have traffic lights its uhhh the cops jobs to keep us safe.

way to try really hard to justify being a douche

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Hahaha. Can you imagine

"Uh well.... he said we have to launch the nukes. Don't know why... but uh.... the law says.... uh guess we have literally no other possible option."

*ends all life on earth*

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Thirsty Girl posted:

This is the best part:

solid lol at the people trump surrounds himself with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

bag em and tag em posted:

Hahaha. Can you imagine

"Uh well.... he said we have to launch the nukes. Don't know why... but uh.... the law says.... uh guess we have literally no other possible option."

*ends all life on earth*

hehe lol