Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
lmao "running"

panda clue posted:

lol, 'realistic' difficulty on single player turns off the attack indicators.

hype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Internet Kraken posted:

I mean if its a super slow grab then it'll be useless against good players but drive new players insane. That's like the worst thing you can put in a game.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Wandle Cax posted:

I can imagine it getting annoying if a fat man is running around on the battlefield on low health killing people from behind instantly

Wow the Shugoki really is the goon hero we need.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

It is funny watching the shugoki just run through everything the valkyrie tries to do.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
Shugoki also has a charge that lets you knock someone over and you get free attacks.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 minutes!
Wake me up when Shugoki's jump down attack is a belly flop onto the victim. I'll switch my main to it immediately.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
Shugoki looks amazing

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

panda clue posted:

Shugoki looks amazing

I"m really liking the look of the Valkyrie too.

Nov 3, 2015

I am really digging both Shugoki and Valkyrie. I love the control play style of Valkyrie. I can't wait to play them.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Keep in mind shugoki's instant kill thing is only if they are on critical health, they can die from a single attack at that point

Nov 3, 2015

Lawbringer on the other hand really looks disappointing, seems many of his moves are 4-5 action sets. There is no way you are going to get that far into his combos.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I managed to play this game twice before it utterly failed to connect to the server ever again but I liked what I saw. I just would have liked a bit more practice with it before I decided whether it was worth 60 bucks. Ubisoft has burned me before.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

1500 posted:

Lawbringer on the other hand really looks disappointing, seems many of his moves are 4-5 action sets. There is no way you are going to get that far into his combos.

Could you elaborate a bit, and/or link to some good Lawbringer videos? I really want him to be good but... :ohdear:

I played a lot of Kensei and it sounded at first like he might be a good option for someone accustomed to that style.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
The new Peacekeeper execute is insane :vince:

Kensei has one is called 'Insert New Spine'... does what you might expect.

goty

Nov 3, 2015

So Peacekeeper has an execution that removes the arm.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

panda clue posted:

The new Peacekeeper execute is insane :vince:

Kensei has one is called 'Insert New Spine'... does what you might expect.

goty

To insert new spine: use a No-Dachi to fully pierce the gaijin's body.

This kills the gaijin.

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!
Those have been up since ages ago here:

https://youtu.be/ZWEzlo9EeaA?list=PLQtlUZx1VEMESsViV7ubdsiOx1EOKGOAA

The Shugoki executions are loving magical :allears:

panda clue
May 23, 2014

2 SPOOKY posted:

The Shugoki executions are loving magical :allears:

sitting on a dude and having them instantly cough up blood and start squirming truly is magical

Nov 3, 2015

So you can buy steel with cash. Not sure if this was already known.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

that face sums up literally everyone's reaction on seeing that page.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 minutes!
HA. Haha, yeah never doing that.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Please do not buy the steel.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

1500 posted:

So you can buy steel with cash. Not sure if this was already known.

it was assumed.

But unless they monkey with the amount we get each day it shouldn't really be necessary at all.

Thing is this is a system to fleece a few rich idiots out of money so we all get free map packs. I'm fine with that. Communism! :ussr:

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Chomp8645 posted:

Yeah, if you feel like you would ever want to someday buy steel for whatever reason, just get the gold edition for $20 more and never worry about it again. You'll get all the characters for free and you'll be able to dump all your steel into executions/swag.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Chomp8645 posted:

But it says best value right there on the screen..

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

panda clue posted:

Yeah, if you feel like you would ever want to someday buy steel for whatever reason, just get the gold edition for $20 more and never worry about it again. You'll get all the characters for free and you'll be able to dump all your steel into executions/swag.

Yeah if you want some Steel then really just get Gold edition because you'll get a nice pot of Steel anyway with it. Buying Steel straight up is a bad value for basically anyone, and that's without touching the issue of it being sketch to have it sold separately anyway.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Chomp8645 posted:

Are you sure dude, that looks like a lot of steel for 79.99 gbp. I don't think you can get steel that cheap at McMaster Carr. 50 000 additional steels, for free. Consider it

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

OctaMurk posted:

Are you sure dude, that looks like a lot of steel for 79.99 gbp. I don't think you can get steel that cheap at McMaster Carr. 50 000 additional steels, for free. Consider it

Please stop I'm being brutally triggered IRL.

I'm posting this from the fetal position.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Feb 14, 2017

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

War Thunder's Golden Eagles are probably a better deal than that steel.

Actually, no, they are.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
we all laugh and joke and say that anyone who buys that poo poo is a moron, but when overwatch launched at least half of my friends immediately bought $40 worth of loot crates :negative:

idk if that says something about my friends or people in general...

breaks
May 12, 2001

I'm really glad for all the great historical discussion earlier, it sounds like buying steel is actually a pretty good idea for Samurai faction since it's so hard to make? But maybe not for Knights. Not sure on the Vikings. please advise tia

panda clue
May 23, 2014

breaks posted:

I'm really glad for all the great historical discussion earlier, it sounds like buying steel is actually a pretty good idea for Samurai faction since it's so hard to make? But maybe not for Knights. Not sure on the Vikings. please advise tia

orochi can't even afford a scabbard, dude. forget buying steel

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

panda clue posted:

poor orochi scabbard

lost but not forgotten

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

1500 posted:

To be honest, I rarely bothered much with the combos for any character. Resets and mix-ups are more important than stringing attacks together.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

panda clue posted:

The proud Samurai have suffered this indignity for far too long :negative:

panda clue
May 23, 2014
Already over 10k players in PC matchmaking, and its not even released yet for the vast majority of people.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

panda clue posted:

Already over 10k players in PC matchmaking, and its not even released yet for the vast majority of people.

No you see the game is dead, much like this forum.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Not mere scabbard can hope to contain the power of the Orochi's hundred times-folded katanna :anime:

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
Looking forward to staying up way too late playing this tonight. Is there a goon discord for this anywhere? I'm already in the Hall of Heroes one but I would definitely chill in a goon-oriented one too, if it exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Trykt posted:

Is there a goon discord for this anywhere?

Oh boy is there!!!!