Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

rotinaj posted:

That guy did not have any idea how to Dollop properly until he relaxed thanks to talking about his weird quicksand kink. Apparently that's the magic trick. Talk about something that gets you goin'. Quicksand and Tonto.

I thought he was really good and the best guest not named Wil Anderson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

I still say Ronnie Chieng (spelling?) was one of the best guests, mainly because of Dave and Gareth going off on a five minute tangent involving all the stereotypes Americans have developed about people of various european ancestries, and then Ronnie just shot the whole thing down with a deadpan "Yeah... they're all just white people to me."

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mr Hootington posted:

Cool, I spent half the episode wondering when the guy was going to chill out and make jokes instead of just laughing at Gary.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm usually not a fan of the Dollops that are just "look at this terrible thing that happened" and I'm usually not a fan of episodes that have guests, but the quicksand and Medicine Hat stories make that one of my favorite episodes.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Anyone going to a live show?

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
Bert Kreischer is one of those guys that is kind of a bad storyteller, but has such a trainwreck of a life that all of his stories are amazing

like he could be one of the Jackass guys, just making GBS threads himself in public and getting weird tattoos constantly

Frohike999
Oct 23, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

Yeah I'll be going to the Chicago one

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I love the detour that yesterday's Monkey Whisperer episode takes into "Self-styled Doctor Doolittle decides he can solve 19th century African tribal wars simply by introducing them to a White Woman"

It was already a good story, but that was just a fantastic wrinkle in the middle of the (literal) monkey business

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Can't wait to hear the Chapo Trap House guys as guests. I wonder if Dave will be doing a story with a more political bent?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

yeah, I'm going to the Detroit show.

JethroMcB posted:

I love the detour that yesterday's Monkey Whisperer episode takes into "Self-styled Doctor Doolittle decides he can solve 19th century African tribal wars simply by introducing them to a White Woman"

Really, the Monkey Whisper's side characters were all pretty great.

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

Mr Hootington posted:

I'll be in Detroit!

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm going to the late NYC show featuring 2/3rds of the Chapo Trap House dry boy crew

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

We have our tickets to the Chicago show. Getting pumped for the 22nd of April.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

LentThem posted:

Bert Kreischer is one of those guys that is kind of a bad storyteller, but has such a trainwreck of a life that all of his stories are amazing

like he could be one of the Jackass guys, just making GBS threads himself in public and getting weird tattoos constantly

Bert is fat

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Dave and Gareth have no idea that ape and monkey aren't the same thing. Not all that surprising but pretty annoying nonetheless.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Dave and Gareth have no idea that ape and monkey aren't the same thing. Not all that surprising but pretty annoying nonetheless.

Sometimes they mispronounce things too!

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
gently caress off!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Gargamel Gibson posted:

gently caress off!

Do you need to take a break from twitter again Dave?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Mr Hootington posted:

Do you need to take a break from twitter again Dave?

I think he just did again two days ago. He's turned off Direct Tweets again, anyway.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Bought my tickets to the Chicago show a few nights ago. Gonna go on a roadtrip with my mum cuz I introduced her to the podcast :3

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible

i liked the story where bert is treading water in a lake having a conversation with the homeowner up on the shore, when suddenly he needs to take a poo poo so he just starts making GBS threads in the water while talking to the guy. Other guy is like 'did you seriously just take a poo poo on my property while making eye contact with me?" and rages out

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Holy poo poo I hope I never see a rocket belt because it apparently triggers some awful part of your brain that contains all your latent hammer-violence.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JjCS2uciXo

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I want one.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

prefect posted:

I want one.

Those water jet things are pretty fun, but the difference is you don't smash your head when poo poo goes sideways.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FPDVjid-4M&t=35s

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

prefect posted:

I want one.

wanna start a business?

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

omnibobb posted:

wanna start a business?

Don't do it! poo poo gets loving nuts so quick with rocket belts!

edit: I think this is one of my all time favorites now, at least my favorite since the ugly guy living in the attic. It just kept progressing in so many awful ways kinda like the boxing episode. I do like that they're at least trying to help that old dude from the boxing episode out in real life (I forgot his real name because I'm an rear end in a top hat :( ).

Ariza fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Feb 17, 2017

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

yeah i could see myself smashing someone with a hammer over that

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Ariza posted:

Those water jet things are pretty fun, but the difference is you don't smash your head when poo poo goes sideways.

Another difference is, that another person isn't trying to smash your head to grab it from you like it's the one belt to rule them all.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Which episode first mentions Cleveland rivers being set on fire? After the Garrett Morgan episode and relistening to Balloonfest episode, I need to know more about this apparently lovely city.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Binowru posted:

Which episode first mentions Cleveland rivers being set on fire? After the Garrett Morgan episode and relistening to Balloonfest episode, I need to know more about this apparently lovely city.

Ten Cent Beer Night I believe?

Also I'm driving from Minnesota to the Chicago show. Hope it's a good one :)

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

Binowru posted:

How dare you insult my lovely birthplace.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Binowru posted:

gently caress off, only Clevelanders get to make fun of how crap our city is.

Savidudeosoo posted:

How dare you insult my lovely birthplace.
:smith::hf::smith:

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

InequalityGodzilla posted:

gently caress off, only Clevelanders get to make fun of how crap our city is.

obligatory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo, this one is satisfying. GO LUMBIES!

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Midnight Voyager posted:

That's "Lumbee".
I love this episode because it's the first one about a local bit of history for me.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Midnight Voyager posted:

Yeah this one is dope as gently caress. Turns out the kind of people who burn crosses are cowards? Who knew????

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Oooooh I know how this one ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Oooooh I know how this one ends.

Yeah... :(

But it was really nice hearing about his awful life, just like every other one of these.