Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

NutritiousSnack posted:

Goku's Universe 1 twin is Chris Benoit

balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

rare Magic card l00k posted:

If the angels aren't actually parts of their universe, and just people assigned to assist the God of Destruction of that universe, then they may be in no danger at all.

I thought the angels were tied to the destruction gods too though.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

rare Magic card l00k posted:

If the angels aren't actually parts of their universe, and just people assigned to assist the God of Destruction of that universe, then they may be in no danger at all.

Angels disappear if a god of destruction dies.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Aurora posted:

I thought that if the God of Destruction dies, the angel kinda just wanders off until the next God of Destruction is named, whereas the Supreme Kai and God of Destruction's lives are actually linked.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Aurora posted:

They don't dissapear, they just stop functioning until a new God of Destruction is assigned.

But since "Universe Creation" has not been stated as being part of Zen'os powers (he destroyed 6 universes and never recreated them), the Universes that get destroyed are gone for good with no need for new Gods of Destructions, and thus the angels stay dormant for all eternity.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

I think the wording was along the lines of the angels "become inactive" if the GoD they're attending dies, with no further explanation of what that actually means for them.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Rutibex posted:

Good Guys? Gohan and maybe Krillin are the only good guys on that team. Half of them have genocided the Earth or other worlds.

Only good guys?

Majin Buu - Killed millions because he didn't know any better, redeemed by the saving grace of Satan

Krillin - The most evil thing he's ever done was steal Goku's rock

Android 17 & 18 - Destroyed the world in another timeline. However in this timeline they're a dedicated outdoorsman and loving mother, respectively

Goku - He's a huge fucker

Vegeta - Probably murdered millions? The only guy we see actually murdering innocent people onscreen is Nappa, so as far as we're concerned Vegeta is a devoted husband and father.

Gohan - Mild mannered professor by day, GREAT SAIYAMAN by night, Pan-chan's dad all the time

Roshi - He's a horndog but also a wise old master that loves his weed. Invented the only technique the non-Vegeta characters use.

Tien - Once trained to be an assassin, tried to con some village out of their money with his pet demon-boar. Not clear if he ever actually killed anyone though. Part of some of the coolest scenes in the show despite never accomplishing a whole lot.

Piccolo - His dad tried to take over the world. Because his dad died Piccolo grew up alone, but learned how to be a great father to his son Gohan

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Vegeta - Probably murdered millions? The only guy we see actually murdering innocent people onscreen is Nappa, so as far as we're concerned Vegeta is a devoted husband and father.

Even only counting on screen kills, he slaughtered a village on Namek and blasted all those people in the martial arts tournament.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Even only counting on screen kills, he slaughtered a village on Namek and blasted all those people in the martial arts tournament.

They didn't have names, so they don't count

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Roshi - He's a horndog but also a wise old master that loves his weed. Invented the only technique the non-Vegeta characters use.

Master Roshi invented the Solar Flare?!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Master Roshi is also Krillin's (and Goku's) dad and therefore very powerful.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Funky Valentine posted:

Master Roshi is also Krillin's (and Goku's) dad and therefore very powerful.

How dare you sully Grandpa Gohan's name

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

I imagine the Tournament of Power will end in one of two ways: The other Universes will get destroyed in like, 10 billion years, or they'll instantly get destroyed and Zen-Chans will be convinced to rebuild them from scratch for fun

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

lezard_valeth posted:

I wonder how the Grand Priest feels about this.

If he is not the big bad, then one way or the other he potentially loses one or both of his kids

If he is the big bad, then he is contending with Goku for Worst Anime Dad.

Didn't the Supreme Kai have a line in the latest episode that if the universe got erased, he'd be too ashamed to face other living beings or something? Made me wonder if the Gods would survive the universe being erased.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Was it him or Nappa that blasted the planet of ugly moth people before getting to Earth?

Watching Super now, currently on RoF arc. It's a lot of fun but I understand the movies are somewhat better? Also so I'm super intelligent super good at solving like quadratic equations and trigonometry and advanced calculus and poo poo, essentially unstoppable when it comes to all that math , but I'm going to become even better by doing 4th grade multiplication drills. My name is Math Frieza.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Was it him or Nappa that blasted the planet of ugly moth people before getting to Earth?

Watching Super now, currently on RoF arc. It's a lot of fun but I understand the movies are somewhat better? Also so I'm super intelligent super good at solving like quadratic equations and trigonometry and advanced calculus and poo poo, essentially unstoppable when it comes to all that math , but I'm going to become even better by doing 4th grade multiplication drills. My name is Math Frieza.

It was him but that never actually happened.

Flippinlikebirds
Feb 2, 2007
I'm an ideas man Michael. I think I proved that with Fuck Mountain.

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Plus one innocent semi truck driver. RIP

Seeric
Aug 18, 2011

lezard_valeth posted:

I wonder how the Grand Priest feels about this.

If he is not the big bad, then one way or the other he potentially loses one or both of his kids

If he is the big bad, then he is contending with Goku for Worst Anime Dad.

I'm fairly certain that the gods themselves are not actually in any danger. Supreme Kai had a sort of throwaway line about how he'd be too humiliated to ever talk to another living being again if his universe was destroyed, which presumably means that he'd still be alive even if the rest of his universe was vaporized. If he's going to be safe, the Gods of Destruction and their attendants likely will be as well.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Why the hell is the new OP so drat good. This is the best dragon ball opening ever

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

It was him but that never actually happened.

vegeta does eat some bug dude tho, I'm pretty sure him eating someone's arm as lunch is his first appearance in the manga

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Manatee Cannon posted:

vegeta does eat some bug dude tho, I'm pretty sure him eating someone's arm as lunch is his first appearance in the manga
Maybe that's just what plants look like on that planet.

Maybe Vegeta is actually a vegetarian.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

Hey, you don't kill everything you eat, do you?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Would that technically make him a cannibal given his race of vegetable people?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rhonne posted:

Didn't the Supreme Kai have a line in the latest episode that if the universe got erased, he'd be too ashamed to face other living beings or something? Made me wonder if the Gods would survive the universe being erased.

Gowasu and Supreme Kai #7 already know how to survive a Zeno tantrum. First sign of trouble they are breaking out the Time Ring and loving off to an alternate timeline.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Seeric posted:

I'm fairly certain that the gods themselves are not actually in any danger. Supreme Kai had a sort of throwaway line about how he'd be too humiliated to ever talk to another living being again if his universe was destroyed, which presumably means that he'd still be alive even if the rest of his universe was vaporized. If he's going to be safe, the Gods of Destruction and their attendants likely will be as well.

They arent going to die because they are going to be in the void and not the universe when it happens.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Is japanese Goku being unable to pronounce Frieza a character affectation or what

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

dr.acula posted:

They arent going to die because they are going to be in the void and not the universe when it happens.

Well Kais are gods of creation right? They're going to have a whole lot of work to do.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Vegeta murders every single member of the Ginyu Force. I'm not sure my heart can forgive a sin like that.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Gruckles posted:

I think the wording was along the lines of the angels "become inactive" if the GoD they're attending dies, with no further explanation of what that actually means for them.
It probably means they get to take a nap.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Slightly Absurd posted:

I imagine the Tournament of Power will end in one of two ways: The other Universes will get destroyed in like, 10 billion years, or they'll instantly get destroyed and Zen-Chans will be convinced to rebuild them from scratch for fun

What are you basing this on?

Everything we've seen and heard about Zeno so far (except from Goku) suggests this tournament is A Very Bad Idea. There's been no suggestion that it will end with a massive anticlimax.

If the last arc is anything to go by, the idea of all but one universe being destroyed will seem a downright pleasant alternative by the end.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I am only eased a bit by Zeno being a pair of literal children means they are very open to suggestion.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I mean Vegeta killed that namekian village, and some world tournament audience members, and fully intended to kill everyone on earth

he's probably killed a whole fuckin' lot of people

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Mordaedil posted:

I am only eased a bit by Zeno being a pair of literal children means they are very open to suggestion.

Goku's last attempts to manipulate children resulted in Gohan gleefully ripping Cell Jrs in half, and Gotenks.

It's a really good thing he was dead for most of his childrens' lives.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
My kokoro wish for this tournament is that we get to see some esoteric moves again. Last tournament let us get Makankosappo again, and they had Trunks bust out all of Vegeta's moves, but I want to see Hellzone Grenade, Krillin's Scattering Bullet, Master Roshi's Thunder Shock Surprise, Drunken Fist and Hypnosis, Tien's Multi-Form, etc.

My super-duper kokoro wish is for Gohan to come up with a move on his own, too. He's only ever used Piccolo/Goku's moves.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Reinanigans posted:

My kokoro wish for this tournament is that we get to see some esoteric moves again. Last tournament let us get Makankosappo again, and they had Trunks bust out all of Vegeta's moves, but I want to see Hellzone Grenade, Krillin's Scattering Bullet, Master Roshi's Thunder Shock Surprise, Drunken Fist and Hypnosis, Tien's Multi-Form, etc.

My super-duper kokoro wish is for Gohan to come up with a move on his own, too. He's only ever used Piccolo/Goku's moves.

Didn't Gohan invent Masenko? I mean its just a generic Ki blast, but he did give it a name :shrug:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Rutibex posted:

Didn't Gohan invent Masenko? I mean its just a generic Ki blast, but he did give it a name :shrug:

The name literally translate to 'Demonic Flash' so it's probably something he picked up from his dad.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rutibex posted:

Giving it a name makes it more powerful

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Reinanigans posted:

The anime is made by dudes who love making callbacks all the way back to the first episode of Dragon Ball, I'll be genuinely surprised if they don't go all in on everyone's respective move lists.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Rutibex posted:

Piccolo used it as a kid in some Dragon Ball filler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

sassassin posted:

What are you basing this on?

Everything we've seen and heard about Zeno so far (except from Goku) suggests this tournament is A Very Bad Idea. There's been no suggestion that it will end with a massive anticlimax.

If the last arc is anything to go by, the idea of all but one universe being destroyed will seem a downright pleasant alternative by the end.

I feel like they've been focusing on the destructive aspect of Zen-Oh because Beerus has been a focal point of Super, and he clearly fears something that is way better at large scale destruction than he is. Goku isn't going to let 11 universes of potential strong dudes go to waste if he can do anything about it.

• Locked thread