Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Wamsutta posted:

I'm pretty sure I'm in the DVD extra for Shadows Falls third (?) record, they filmed a couple live videos at the Downtown and I can spot my tall bald self in it. Downtown high five.

The first show I ever danced at was Shadows Fall and Candiria at L'amour in Brooklyn.

Did you go see Dillinger play at Terminal 5 recently?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
So I'm listening to some Black Dahlia at work, new bartender girl walks in and says, I poo poo you not: "This really sucks, you should listen to something good, like Whitechapel."

What in the world? Not the best way to start your career here.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Stelio Kontos posted:

So I'm listening to some Black Dahlia at work, new bartender girl walks in and says, I poo poo you not: "This really sucks, you should listen to something good, like Whitechapel."

I mean, she could have stopped at "this really sucks."

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
BDM owns, and has always owned.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Stelio Kontos posted:

I think you should pork her in the walk in fridge then get her fired

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014

Weaponized Cum posted:

I think you should pork her in the walk in fridge then get her fired

On it.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXxp4pnYJZg

Lil' bit of Valentinecore for you all

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

drat Darkest Hour just released their 900th album outta nowhere and it owns

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I can't find any reference to it actually being released yet, you got me excited for no reason :argh:

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

realbez posted:

I can't find any reference to it actually being released yet, you got me excited for no reason :argh:

it actually leaked my bad, its not out officially till march 10 but i went ahead and preordered it cause its sick

60 Hertz Jig
May 21, 2006

realbez posted:

It's been released to people who crowdfunded it, not sure when the actual release date is. But holy poo poo is it good!

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

60 Hertz Jig posted:

It's been released to people who crowdfunded it, not sure when the actual release date is. But holy poo poo is it good!

:yeah:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
judging by the reaction i'm gonna guess it's not as poppy as the last one?

60 Hertz Jig
May 21, 2006
Not at all, every track is a banger. I was worried there would be more of that Draeming poo poo, but they got their act together. Can probably blame the last record on being Sumerian?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

60 Hertz Jig posted:

Not at all, every track is a banger. I was worried there would be more of that Draeming poo poo, but they got their act together. Can probably blame the last record on being Sumerian?

Eh, they did a poo poo ton of press for the last album and they pretty much said they wanted to try out the different sound for themselves. Looks like it just didn't translate into any better sales/attendance for them so they thought eh gently caress it, back to what we know.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
For the record I actually REALLY enjoyed their last release but Undoing Ruin is my favorite metalcore release ever so I'll take it either way

60 Hertz Jig
May 21, 2006

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Eh, they did a poo poo ton of press for the last album and they pretty much said they wanted to try out the different sound for themselves. Looks like it just didn't translate into any better sales/attendance for them so they thought eh gently caress it, back to what we know.

When you put it like that, I can respect them trying something new. Sort of like Parkway Drive's Ire. Both good albums by themselves, just not their usual style.

Speaking of, is Parkway up to anything lately?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

60 Hertz Jig posted:

When you put it like that, I can respect them trying something new. Sort of like Parkway Drive's Ire. Both good albums by themselves, just not their usual style.

Speaking of, is Parkway up to anything lately?

Looks like they're about to go on tour in Europe in about a month.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

60 Hertz Jig posted:

Ah I see, cool. I can't wait to hear it. Love me some Darkest Hour.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Darkest Hour has never fully clicked for me. I usually wind up liking two or three songs off each of their albums and that's it.

60 Hertz Jig
May 21, 2006

realbez posted:

Ah I see, cool. I can't wait to hear it. Love me some Darkest Hour.

Check your PMs

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Saw Every Time I Die in Orange County last night with Knocked Loose and Harm's Way.

I've been seeing ETID play shows for like 15 years and it's loving incredible how they're still jamming out super hard and putting on electric shows presumably every night of every tour they've ever been on.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
I'm still not sure why Born of Osiris decided to re-record their debut album for its anniversary tour, but the new version is out today and it's loving superb.
Apple Music (Spotify/Play peeps search "The Eternal Reign")

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Beelzebozo posted:

I'm still not sure why Born of Osiris decided to re-record their debut album for its anniversary tour, but the new version is out today and it's loving superb.
Apple Music (Spotify/Play peeps search "The Eternal Reign")

honestly this was exactly what they needed, imo they were never able to top The New Reign but it wasn't really produced that well

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
I remember really liking The Discovery when it came out. The two since then have been kinda bleh though.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

After hearing The Discovery, I could never listen to The New Reign again because it felt so amateur. The Discovery was written really well but it was super long and I always got bored around halfway through (15 songs jesus christ). I think Tomorrow We Die Alive had a good mix of that elevated songwriting and was more polished overall.

Stoked to listen to the re-recorded New Reign though to see how it came out.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Agreed on Tomorrow We Die Alive, I loved that album and it's easily my favorite of theirs

Their recent one from 2015 was okay but I think I only listened to it once or twice, never really grabbed me

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

kumba posted:

Agreed on Tomorrow We Die Alive, I loved that album and it's easily my favorite of theirs

Their recent one from 2015 was okay but I think I only listened to it once or twice, never really grabbed me

Fully agree with this post. New reissue of New Reign is dope though. These dudes have come a long way in technical proficiency with their instruments, and the production is 300% better. Whole thing is tight as nun pussy

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

ShoogaSlim posted:

After hearing The Discovery, I could never listen to The New Reign again because it felt so amateur. The Discovery was written really well but it was super long and I always got bored around halfway through (15 songs jesus christ).

This was going to be the second part of my post. I remember really liking it when it came out, but whenever I put it on now I usually just turn it off about halfway through.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Listened to The Eternal Reign earlier. It sounds a little too polished and clean, like it doesn't really have any balls. Weird because bands like Chelsea Grin, Rings of Saturn, Beneath the Massacre, etc are all technical while still sounding "big" and heavy. BOO sounds a little too produced.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Suicide Silence is here to define deathcore. Apparently it's what you complain about when you make an unpopular album.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwTiKdvwuKo

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

ShoogaSlim posted:

It sounds a little too polished and clean

This is one of the all-time top ten hall of fame cliche dipshit music comments

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Rexxed posted:

Suicide Silence is here to define deathcore. Apparently it's what you complain about when you make an unpopular album.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwTiKdvwuKo

Son of a bitch, these dudes turned into Slipknot after that one guy died huh? Sad, they used to have jams.

E: lmao the defensiveness is awesome. "We don't care what you haters think of our god awful fuckboy record, we don't care so much that we even made this video where we sniff our own farts for four minutes" I super hate Suicide Silence after seeing this. Before I just didn't care.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
This exchange reminded me that All Shall Perish is supposedly working on a new album. I checked their Facebook and it seems like they're still slowly working on it, so at least it's not dead!

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Beelzebozo posted:

This is one of the all-time top ten hall of fame cliche dipshit music comments

Sorry you like music without balls. I hope Parkway Drive is working on some new milquetoast cookie cutter mEtAlCoRe album so you and all the rest of the people who look forward to moshing at Warped Tour can get hype.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

i'll agree that The Eternal Reign sounds a bit sterile cause of how it's been produced but its still flames

i especially like how good the drums and guitars sound in the mix, it makes the breakdowns sound extra crispy

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

ShoogaSlim posted:

Sorry you like music without balls. I hope Parkway Drive is working on some new milquetoast cookie cutter mEtAlCoRe album so you and all the rest of the people who look forward to moshing at Warped Tour can get hype.

yeah guys proper production and mixing is very very unkvlt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

renting studio time? lol what a bunch of posers