Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Star Citizen never released, so what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

D_Smart posted:

Wasting no time, a few days later, my attorneys shredded him in a response.

That's funny. Not exactly Arkell v. Pressdram levels of funny, but funny nonetheless.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

neonbregna posted:

Word on the street is that this game is good and the warlord is into nipple play. Confirm or deny.

i heard he hates pizza and vending machines

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Nebakenezzer posted:

A dumb question for a very long thread: is there any line do you think Stat Citizen could cross to actually make people think, "no, gently caress it, we've been had?"

Like, the "Planet Simulation" is a reskin of Dune 2: the Building of a Dynasty? Or maybe the Planet Simulation once you leave the first area is just 1992's Return To Zork?

I don't think so. I think that even after CIG closes shop, you're going to see the hardliners trying to buy the assets and the code and claim they will finish the dream.

They'll probably think it's almost done (because Chris Roberts is always almost done), and adopt a half dozen half baked CryEngine mods tied together with a launcher.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
The real kicker will be when somebody rips the models and ports them into some kind of Elite Dangerous mod and calls it Star Citizen: Rebirth.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

The Titanic posted:

The real kicker will be when somebody rips the models and ports them into some kind of Elite Dangerous mod and calls it Star Citizen: Rebirth.

Ooooh, Rebirth. Not a good name for a space sim

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

neonbregna posted:

What if the "termination" of developer Ben lesbian is a false flag and he is actually a deep cover mole operating under the moma alias. Trust no one

MoMA is Chris Roberts and TheAgent is Erin Roberts.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

Nebakenezzer posted:

A dumb question for a very long thread: is there any line do you think Stat Citizen could cross to actually make people think, "no, gently caress it, we've been had?"

Yes. It will happen when CIG decides to do their own convention for the backers, promising to showcase the game they will be releasing later in the year. And instead of showing anything related to the game, Chris Roberts stands on stage giving a PowerPoint presentation.

Ohhh, wait.......

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Fargin Icehole posted:

The Last Star Refactor.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Maybe someday Star Citizen can go beyond the numbers that Farming Simulator 2015 brings in. But maybe not. :jerry:
I know far, far more people that play Farming Simulator than Star Citizen. Farming simulator has gotten very good. Multiplayer support, map creation, cool custom controllers, and lots more that make it more than just a game.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Nebakenezzer posted:

Like, the "Planet Simulation" is a reskin of Dune 2: the Building of a Dynasty? Or maybe the Planet Simulation once you leave the first area is just 1992's Return To Zork?

I assume some will still believe it is coming out even if the studios closed. Some will ask, or even crowd fund to buy assets to finish the game themselves. Too much monetary and emotional investment.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

HycoCam posted:

I know far, far more people that play Farming Simulator than Star Citizen. Farming simulator has gotten very good. Multiplayer support, map creation, cool custom controllers, and lots more that make it more than just a game.

Do you think anyone has ever sold their spaceship so they could play Farming Simulator fulltime, because they have no obligations to anything except their spaceships and their creditors, and walking away from Farming Simulator certainly doesn't feel like an option?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Fargin Icehole posted:

Good point! They could mod it into the X: Rebirth engine and even have walking around and really see how awesome it is! :hfive:

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Tony Z the other week said they were (slight paraphrasing) "over the hill with regards to making the tools they need to then make the first AI prototype". Again something for 3.0/SQ42.

Actually it was just over halfway done "discussing" the concepts of the tools needed to begin building the AI.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I thought the Gamescom thing was gonna be it right there. You cover the screens, you don't let people play, you try to get streamers to organize stuff on the fly for a video game that is janky and crashing all the time. AND the presentation shows barely gently caress all.

It's amazing to me how they've managed to survive.

The Titanic posted:

Good point! They could mod it into the X: Rebirth engine and even have walking around and really see how awesome it is! :hfive:

I bought that game when it came out. I wish they had a refund system back in 2013.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

D_Smart posted:

Wasting no time, a few days later, my attorneys shredded him in a response.
:eyepop:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

SelenicMartian posted:

The Last Star Refactor.

Star Citizen

Star Citizen: The Next Refactor

Star Citizen: Deep Refactor Nine

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

star citizen diary part 3

http://www.pcgamer.com/star-citizen-diary-part-3-how-hard-is-it-to-sneak-onto-other-peoples-ships/

quote:

The ability to pass through solid objects is a bit troubling as well.

quote:

The awkwardness slowly turns to boredom

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Oh, dear. Thus began the pogrom of terror that would live until the last day of UEC history.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

HycoCam posted:

Out of some sick sense of curiosity, what does multiplayer consist of in Farming Simulator? Does it have multi crew where I could operate shields in the combine?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

"boy it did not go well at all."

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Colostomy Bag posted:

Out of some sick sense of curiosity, what does multiplayer consist of in Farming Simulator? Does it have multi crew where I could operate shields in the combine?

One person controls the combine turning on and off and where it goes, the other person can choose to turn the aircon up or down?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

MilesK posted:

Their planned MVP has been pretty clear. Star Citizen is just a 'game mode' launcher.

"Look, it's both a space simulator and FPS. *loads AC and SM*
But it's also an open world game. *loads Baby PU*
There are full sized planets you can seamlessly visit *brings up that key pad screen* *types in 4 digit code* *2 seconds later is MegaMapped from wank pod to a totally empty NMS planet*
Plus it's a MMO *loads Social Module; buys pants*
Finally, there's a triple AAA singleplayer with celebrities and exciting missions. *loads Morrow Tour 2.0, featuring Gary Oldman(as performed by Chris Roberts) in hours of unskipable cutscenes* *missions are all singleplayer versions of the previously mentioned modules*
What more do you people want?! No refunds."

It's just sad even that's almost 2 years behind schedule now.

What I want is the ability to play my dream game the same way I live my life: pants-free.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

starkebn posted:

One person controls the combine turning on and off and where it goes, the other person can choose to turn the aircon up or down?

both people can argue about what radio station to listen to

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Colostomy Bag posted:

It goes like this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J8V7fPmxH4&t=196s

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/831300725972013057
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/831329870382759936

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

quote:

I open the rear hatch but careen into the ship's bay so violently my head protrudes through the hull, and I die a few moments later.

quote:

It is ALPHA build.. Therefore there are lotsa bugs and issues.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

RIP Ashes of Creation, whatever you were.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Some citizen posted a 1.4GB desktop wallpaper. lol

~fidelity~

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

This might be the single most out-out-of-the-blue offtopic post in the history of the thread, and that's including a ten-page derail about marine biology and why sharks are actually cool and good.

I almost want to congratulate you.

I want to apologize for this right off.

So, so, so, so sorry I made that happen.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Mu77ley posted:

That's funny. Not exactly Arkell v. Pressdram levels of funny, but funny nonetheless.

I'd never seen Derek's lawyer's letter to Freyermuth. That was amazing.

My favorite response to a legal threat has to be the one involving the Cleveland Browns. http://www.snopes.com/business/consumer/browns.asp

taxxe:

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Inkel posted:

Stray cat who comes into my house for belly rubs and to pass out and sleep in peace.

Please give belly rubs on behalf of me ... and a chin scratch.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

neonbregna posted:

Word on the street is that this game is good and the warlord is into nipple play. Confirm or deny.

If you say so, no kink shaming here (other that jpeg buying addiction)

Kosumo fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Feb 14, 2017

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

The Titanic posted:

I don't think so. I think that even after CIG closes shop, you're going to see the hardliners trying to buy the assets and the code and claim they will finish the dream.

They'll probably think it's almost done (because Chris Roberts is always almost done), and adopt a half dozen half baked CryEngine mods tied together with a launcher.

Then that guy, Werner Spahl, who has kept Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines alive with his unofficial patches, gets hold of it and after 3 years makes it good/great and everyone rushes in and it's called a stela game and Chris takes all the glory despite being the problem all along.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

MeLKoR posted:

Frankly what I saw were a lot of whales angry at the fact that the sexy gamergirl that was totally available and they could maybe one day meet on a con and sweep of the floor with a demonstration of their undying love was actually married to their liege lord and thus irrevocably out of reach due to the laws of courtly love.
Friendzoned once again! And it's all DS' fault! :argh:
It's hilarious when you understand just how much contempt Sandi has for these people.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

boviscopophobic posted:

Do you think anyone has ever sold their spaceship so they could play Farming Simulator fulltime, because they have no obligations to anything except their spaceships and their creditors, and walking away from Farming Simulator certainly doesn't feel like an option?

Oh, you just went meta dude, have a drink.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

CrazyTolradi posted:

It's hilarious when you understand just how much contempt Sandi has for these people.

Nah, that hits too close to home, it's one of few feelings I share with her

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I just had a realization. If I had Chris' level of exposure to whining whales over five-and-a-half years, with their bitching and moaning and coming around for surprise visits and sending me food and whatever, I'd probably hate them no matter how much money they gave me

Maybe he really is purposely out to waste the whalecash and gently caress them over royally? I mean, if he was, he'd be doing exactly what he's doing right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

CrazyTolradi posted:

Fuzzy Modem posted:

I can say I'm glad they are taking their time, because I remember Freelancer, and believe Chris has learned a lot from that experience.

I'm also two years behind on my own crowd funded project, so I'm somewhat sympathetic. Mine is done except for the last pass on sound quality, and most of my team and supporters are glad we took our time, as the final product is really quite satisfactory. So maybe I learned the same lessons by proxy.

[edit] Also, and I know what this place is for, but I really hate it when people poo poo talk about Sandi. She's one of the nicest people I've ever corresponded with. Some comments just really turn my stomach, or yeah, I would spend more time here.