Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Y'all have a new VA Secretary.

https://twitter.com/LeoShane/status/831305449198718976

Every indication is that Dr. David Shulkin is a decent pick. He was confirmed 100-0 and was previously the Under Secretary of Health, appointed by Obama. The only major downside is that he's not a veteran.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Garry Parrish posted:

I was up on top of a ridge where my Dad lives today and saw about 6 or 7 heavy lift choppers headed towards Oroville in about 4 hours.

Why can't this retarded rear end state stop cutting infrastructure funding?

i realise your question is rhetorical, but the answer is literally the republican party's entire platform

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

facialimpediment posted:

Every indication is that Dr. David Shulkin is a decent pick. He was confirmed 100-0 and was previously the Under Secretary of Health, appointed by Obama. The only major downside is that he's not a veteran.

Well, actually, veterans are retarded as gently caress

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Well, actually, veterans are retarded as gently caress

Yeah I'm actually perfectly okay that he isn't a veteran.

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,

quote:

The only major downside is that he's not a veteran.

most qualified. above center mass

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Pence wants Flynn's head, leaker to NYT says Pence beyond livid that Flynn directly lied to him about the contents of that call to the russian ambassador.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, his non-veteran status is less important than his competency at running big government clusterfuck organizations. At least he's had experience, maybe he'll be useful.

If he'd have Betsy DeVos'd us, there'd already be bodies in the street.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
^Yeah the VA already kind of gives us that.

shame on an IGA posted:

Pence wants Flynn's head, leaker to NYT says Pence beyond livid that Flynn directly lied to him about the contents of that call to the russian ambassador.

He should be.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

When, if,Donald confronts Flynn about lying to Pence, Flynn probably replies "Well, you do it."

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Smiling Jack posted:

When, if,Donald confronts Flynn about lying to Pence, Flynn probably replies "Well, you do it."

Hahaha

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I am linking this article just so I can quote this one passage because it's loving amazing. They actually really care about SNL. https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...m=.db8bda3dcea2

quote:

Staffers buzz privately about who is up and who is down, with many eagerly gossiping about which poor colleague gets an unflattering portrayal on NBC’s “Saturday Night Live.” For the past two weeks, it has been White House press secretary Sean Spicer. But aides said Trump was especially upset by a sketch that cast White House chief strategist Stephen K. Bannon as the Grim Reaper manipulating the president — who was ultimately relegated to a miniature desk, playing dolefully with an expandable toy.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

facialimpediment posted:

I am linking this article just so I can quote this one passage because it's loving amazing. They actually really care about SNL. https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...m=.db8bda3dcea2

Wait till Rosie comes in.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

facialimpediment posted:

I'd rather have a promising guy that didn't serve than a VA crippled by a loving retarded hiring freeze.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Burt Sexual posted:

Wait till Rosie comes in.

It'll never happen, but imagine if Meryl Streep starts playing Trump.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Man, it would kinda own if trump made Flynn the scapegoat and crucified him.

It fits his personality of "You're fired!" too. I think its eventually going to happen, just not sure whom yet.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Feb 14, 2017

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

BigDave posted:

It'll never happen, but imagine if Meryl Streep starts playing Melania.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

BigDave posted:

It'll never happen, but imagine if Meryl Streep starts playing Ivanka.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

BigDave posted:

It'll never happen, but imagine if Chris Katan starts playing Ivanka.

They so love their gender roles.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Michael Flynn just resigned. Its happening.

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

CNN reporting Flynn has just resigned

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Flynn is gone. :toot:

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Adios

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Goddamn you guys are quick on the draw. Figured I'd finally have a good scoop for the thread.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/politicoroger/status/831351940034547712

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
OH MORE FAKE NEWS FROM CNN HUH?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

maffew buildings posted:

OH MORE FAKE NEWS FROM CNN HUH?

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/831353443059118082

Get hosed, Mike.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

He's not going to end up in prison for the rest of his life like his traitor rear end deserves.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

He's not going to end up in prison for the rest of his life like his traitor rear end deserves.

I don't know man, as I said earlier he would make a great scapegoat.

edit: lmao. four weeks in and someone has already resigned in disgrace.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Feb 14, 2017

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

If a recruiter asks you to become a nuclear sailor.. you say no
Jesus Christ this is what, day 40? Also opera just dumped the tape of the labor secretary candidate beating his wife and gave it to congress so there is that about to drop.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

I'll settle for "Not being one of the most powerful people in the world" for now.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Ryand-Smith posted:

Jesus Christ this is what, day 40? Also opera just dumped the tape of the labor secretary candidate beating his wife and gave it to congress so there is that about to drop.

try day 24

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ryand-Smith posted:

It's day 25.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

who was it here that worked under him? Shim?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Ryand-Smith posted:

lol what

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Ryand-Smith posted:

wait what? there is video evidence?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

who was it here that worked under him? Shim?

No idea, but there's no mention of him anywhere at the DIA. The big wall of portraits of former directors when you walk from the expansion building to the old building? Completely absent.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Flynn will use his free time to solve Pizzagate and the Bowling Green Massacre.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Every day it's new poo poo. This administration is ridiculous. First 100 days, indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Reverand maynard posted:

wait what? there is video evidence?

Ophra, that is:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/susan-collins-andrew-puzder-oprah-tape-allegations-234964

• Locked thread