Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Leaving aside that what you said does not apply to Melo, you can probably look at guys who went to the East later in their career like Webber.

How does it not apply to Melo? Record of games he has played in:

pre:
TEAM	YEAR	WINS	LOSSES
DEN	2004	43	39
DEN	2005	47	28
DEN	2006	44	36
DEN	2007	37	28
DEN	2008	47	30
DEN	2009	45	21
DEN	2010	45	24
DEN/NYK	2011	43	34
NYK	2012	29	26
NYK	2013	47	20
NYK	2014	35	42
NYK	2015	10	30
NYK	2016	32	40
NYK	2017	23	32
He had one season in NY that was better than his worst season in Denver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I think "Did way worse" implies "Played Way Worse" which I don't think is necessarily true.

Another good answer is Baron Davis.

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

WhyteRyce posted:

Oak also has to show up to one of JD's shows

There are 29 other basketball stadiums. How great is MSG really?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Lockback posted:

I think "Did way worse" implies "Played Way Worse" which I don't think is necessarily true.

Another good answer is Baron Davis.

Gotcha. Wonder what the best metric to use for that would be.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Knicks won't be any good untill Dolan sells and the new guy fires all of Dolan's cronies

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Knicks won't be any good untill Dolan sells and the new guy fires all of Dolan's cronies
*this takes an insanely long time. New owners always have money but they don't know what they actually need to spend it on. Ballmer's finally starting to figure it out after spending the first three years on a lovely rebrand and a converse-sponsored condor mascot

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

straight up brolic posted:

*this takes an insanely long time. New owners always have money but they don't know what they actually need to spend it on. Ballmer's finally starting to figure it out after spending the first three years on a lovely rebrand and a converse-sponsored condor mascot

I can't wait until he gets out of Staples, forever.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Rick posted:

Me too. I don't think any actually Clippers fans want the team to play there. It would be cool if we went to Anaheim/Orange County or somewhere more inland, because that's where most of our fans are.

e:

Halfling Wizard Bear posted:

uhhh it's the mecca of basketball.

In all seriousness though, outside of the new Chase™ pavilion it's one of the least corporate arenas and the in-game experience is really good. It's a good stadium.

straight up brolic fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Feb 14, 2017

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Halfling Wizard Bear posted:

29?

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Rick posted:

Amen

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
so ryan anderson took a bunch of skin off his thumb trying to push down trash at his home

god dammit what's the point of being a baller with an entourage if you can't make some dude push down your trash

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Me too. I don't think any actually Clippers fans want the team to play there. It would be cool if we went to Anaheim/Orange County or somewhere more inland, because that's where most of our fans are.

e:

uhhh it's the mecca of basketball.

In all seriousness though, outside of the new Chase™ pavilion it's one of the least corporate arenas and the in-game experience is really good. It's a good stadium.

It's about time to rebuild the Honda Center, maybe they can get in on that.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

chunkles posted:

so ryan anderson took a bunch of skin off his thumb trying to push down trash at his home

god dammit what's the point of being a baller with an entourage if you can't make some dude push down your trash
up there with the baseball players falling down the stairs carrying venison and getting carpal tunnel playing guitar hero in the dumb home injury hall of fame

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

clutchfans did the valentines cards again. some of these are pretty fuckin funny

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

up there with the baseball players falling down the stairs carrying venison and getting carpal tunnel playing guitar hero in the dumb home injury hall of fame

please don't forget the best basketball one of all time--Derek Rose falling asleep with a knife in his bed

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

A few years ago Dragic missed some games because he stepped on broken glass. The Suns ended up trading him to Houston because they thought he was a drunk.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Adam Silver is the Jimmy Carter of NBA commissioners

No...this was MY joke!!!

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W29WzYz8m8

several bucks players in this video

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

chunkles posted:

At least he didn't break his foot kicking a chair like a couple years ago.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Space Camp fuckup posted:

A few years ago Dragic missed some games because he stepped on broken glass. The Suns ended up trading him to Houston because they thought he was a drunk.

Lmao I'd never heard this version. Ouch.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Time posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W29WzYz8m8

several bucks players in this video

This was great. Thanks!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/ErikHorneOK/status/831323717053591553

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/831330286973702144

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

TBeats posted:

Hot take: Iverson is the greatest sub 6' player ever.

gently caress you he was not 6'0".

Most iconic yes but Isaiah is doing some insane stuff on the court right now that statistically outclasses anything AI did. And he's a hell of a lot shorter

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Most iconic yes but Isaiah is doing some insane stuff on the court right now that statistically outclasses anything AI did. And he's a hell of a lot shorter

I'll believe it when he carries the Celtics to the Finals on his back.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

The crime here is that he only got "some" boos and not all of the boos.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I pretty clearly used the word "statistically" but sure frame it however you want

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I'd downgrade that to ECF since beating realized-LeBron is harder than any roadblock to the Finals Iverson faced en route to the Finals.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

ChickenMedium posted:

The crime here is that he only got "some" boos and not all of the boos.

:agreed:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Cool Buff Man posted:

I pretty clearly used the word "statistically" but sure frame it however you want

So then what was your point

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

They were doing a "Let's go Sixers" chant in Charlotte tonight.. We lost.

Save me.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Kibner posted:

For Nick and anyone else who likes video games and wants a book to help understand how to use R, the Humble Bundle has a great $30 deal and the proceeds go to support the ACLU, Doctors Without Borders, and International Rescue Committee.

You're my friend

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Gooden should do a tour of every team he played for

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
If Lebron had existed at that point the world wouldn't have had to watch that loving awful sixers squad in the finals

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

TBeats posted:

So then what was your point

My point was that Isaiah Thomas is having a better statistical season than AI ever had, and he is a lot shorter, which was in direct response to your self-described "hot take" that AI is the best short player ever. It was a relevant response. Did you want everyone to agree with you?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

boxcarhobo posted:

They were doing a "Let's go Sixers" chant in Charlotte tonight.. We lost.

Save me.

Kemba's pretty cool.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
IT is better than AI ever was and it isn't even close, sorry lovely Iso-ball lovers

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Spacebump posted:

It's going to be interesting to see how he is remembered by Knicks fans after his career is over.

Poorly

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Cool Buff Man posted:

My point was that Isaiah Thomas is having a better statistical season than AI ever had, and he is a lot shorter, which was in direct response to your self-described "hot take" that AI is the best short player ever. It was a relevant response. Did you want everyone to agree with you?

So is Isaiah better than Iverson? I have no idea what your point is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
e: Forget it. yes IT is better

• Locked thread