Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I'll even take it a step further. AI benefitted more from highlight packages than any player to ever exist. Actually watching him was a loving boring slog. One of the most overrated guys of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Cool Buff Man posted:

I'm sorry for bringing nuance to a discussion with no real answer, what the gently caress do you want out of this you goddamn luddite

I forgive you.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

TBeats posted:

I forgive you.

That sounded much cattier than I meant it to and I apologize.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Cool Buff Man posted:

I'm sorry for bringing nuance to a discussion with no real answer, what the gently caress do you want out of this you goddamn luddite

Larry Nuance? Helluva flying circus

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Mr. Mambold posted:

Larry Nuance? Helluva flying circus

The celtics are going to lose the nba finals because I was rude online. Goddamnit.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Time posted:

I'll even take it a step further. AI benefitted more from highlight packages than any player to ever exist. Actually watching him was a loving boring slog. One of the most overrated guys of all time

TBeats posted:

I forgive you.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Get your early nuggets photoshops out early.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Kibner, is there any truth in the Brook Lopez trade rumors for the Pels? Seems kind of interesting

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
Adam Silver is...The Negotiator

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Time posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W29WzYz8m8

several bucks players in this video

Had several belly laughs at this

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

This is an all-time basketball moment but it barely makes up for that series and definitely doesn't make up for his career

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
News: During a timeout at the Wizards game they introduced a bunch of former vets to general applause and Christian Laettner was among them. He got booed instead

Views: gently caress off Christian Laettner

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

NickRoweFillea posted:

Had several belly laughs at this

the giant is rudy gobert

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

chunkles posted:

Gooden should do a tour of every team he played for

I remember being ultra disappointed with the Mavs signing him due to his rep of having a low bball IQ. He was surprisingly not bad and won me over when I overheard him tell Barea "I'm gonna gently caress him up next time down the floor" after Barea got knocked to the ground.

AI was better than IT, this Celtics team has multiple people who would be the second best scorer on AI's finals team. It's easier to have bad percentages when everyone in the world knows your team only has 1 true offensive threat.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Cool Buff Man posted:

Kibner, is there any truth in the Brook Lopez trade rumors for the Pels? Seems kind of interesting

I'm sure it's been talked about. Not my first pick since I would rather someone much younger.

Dell is on the phone about potential trades all day, every day. Every rumor out there is something that has been talked about with him, even if it wasn't him that proposed the trade.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Grizz handled business against a bad team: good

Kevin Owens broke up with his best friend "Lionheart" Chris Jericho: sad

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

IT more than any other player I feel is a product of his time, I just can't see him staying in the league in the late 90s/early 2000s.

Also AI was a monster who played like 42+ minutes a game for his entire career. Obviously advanced stats have not been nice to Iverson but it's important to remember that he literally was that entire 76er offense for like 8 years.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Paul Zuvella posted:

IT more than any other player I feel is a product of his time, I just can't see him staying in the league in the late 90s/early 2000s.

Also AI was a monster who played like 42+ minutes a game for his entire career. Obviously advanced stats have not been nice to Iverson but it's important to remember that he literally was that entire 76er offense for like 8 years.

I'm willing to cede that a lot of my AI hate comes from him playing in that putrid larry brown offense. AI on the nuggets was amazing and it could have been his whole prime if the sixers hadn't surrounded him with eric snow et al

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
if you don't get pleasure in watching an iso 30 ft jump shot while stagnantly dribbling the clock then there is nothing in this world that can help you

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

AI single handedly gave the 01 Lakers their only post season loss

AI is responsible for 90% of the good Sixers memories of the last 20 years

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Metapod posted:

if you don't get pleasure in watching an iso 30 ft jump shot while stagnantly dribbling the clock then there is nothing in this world that can help you

Why hello there Russell Westbrook fan.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Kibner posted:

For Nick and anyone else who likes video games and wants a book to help understand how to use R, the Humble Bundle has a great $30 deal and the proceeds go to support the ACLU, Doctors Without Borders, and International Rescue Committee.

This is a bundle of really good stuff. I have like eight of these games and still want this (but am broke).

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Rick posted:

This is a bundle of really good stuff. I have like eight of these games and still want this (but am broke).

I don't think my dumb computer can handle most those games.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Strawberry Panda posted:

I don't think my dumb computer can handle most those games.

I don't think many of them are more demanding than Half Life 2.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Kibner posted:

I don't think many of them are more demanding than Half Life 2.

I was gonna pay $40 for the Witness anyway. Gonna buy! Thanks.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
13 game winning streak followed by back to back losses to Philly and Orlando.

Gah.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Jokic has been named the pure boy of the season.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Strawberry Panda posted:

I was gonna pay $40 for the Witness anyway. Gonna buy! Thanks.

Definitely give a play through The Stanley Parable.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

PantsFreeZone posted:

13 game winning streak followed by back to back losses to Philly and Orlando.

Gah.

It happens.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

IT is not better than AI unless he can do this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ490VFWtdg

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Jokic is the best offensive weapon out of all big men in the NBA right now, fight me

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Doltos posted:

Jokic is the best offensive weapon out of all big men in the NBA right now, fight me
Eh. Ant Tony Davis is a pretty good weapon. Are Durant and LeBron bigs?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Dante Cunningham missed the game tonight to be with his newborn child.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm starting to think the Warriors aren't going to top 73-9 this year 🤔

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Metapod posted:

he's right and ya'll are on some real trashy poo poo tonight if you are hating on the answer

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Spoeank posted:

I'm starting to think the Warriors aren't going to top 73-9 this year 🤔

Didn't you hear? No one is ever going to do it again. Until the Suns whenever Devin Booker starts making all of his shots

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
17-21-12 on 7/13 shooting for jokic against the warriors tonight

but the real story was JUANCHO HERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNANGOmez, with a buncha dunks and 6-9 from 3 for 27 points!!!!

i mean look at this scruffy lil guy

oh i guess he also had 10 rebounds for a double double and whatever

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

That Jokic statline :wtf:

That's some 2k poo poo

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

ex post facho posted:

17-21-12 on 7/13 shooting for jokic against the warriors tonight

but the real story was JUANCHO HERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNANGOmez, with a buncha dunks and 6-9 from 3 for 27 points!!!!

i mean look at this scruffy lil guy

oh i guess he also had 10 rebounds for a double double and whatever

:madmax:

Also, the Nets are officially below the Mendoza Line and I couldn't be happier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.
The Nuggets' collective payroll on the court tonight was less than Draymond's salary

• Locked thread